CEO Winterfest 2014 results and stream archive ft. Flocker, CJ Truth, NuckleDu, GreenAce, Tampa Bison, Marvelo and more

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • February 1, 2014 at 10:12 p.m. PST

Updated with final results: This story has been updated with the final results from CEO Winterfest 2014, along with stream archives.

CEO Winterfest 2014 is taking place this weekend at the Allure Resort in Orlando, FL. Some of the notable players in attendance include EMP|Flocker, CEO|CJ Truth, EMP|NuckleDu, PZ|GreenAce, EMP|Tampa Bison, Marvelo, CEO|Jebailey and more.

You can find a full write up with all of the details about how to attend, what events are taking place and more.

The games being played are SSF4 AE v2012, UMvC3, Killer Instinct, Injustice, Smash Melee, BlazBlue CP, TTT2 and Dive Kick. Hit the jump to view the stream.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Results

1. EMP|Flocker (Zero, Vergil, Hawkeye)
2. Marvelo (Nova, Dr. Doom, Strider)
3. PZ|GreenAce (Trish, Dr. Doom, Dante)
4. Prophet (Zero, Amaterasu, Phoenix)
5. Dapvip (Dante, X-23, Iron Man)
5. NFI|Ricky Walker (C. Viper, Dr. Doom, Vergil)

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 - Results

1. CEO|CJ Truth (Fei Long)
2. EMP|Nuckle Du (Guile, Cammy)
3. EMP|Tampa Bison (M. Bison, Abel)
4. Private Joker (Rufus)
5. So.Flo.Bison (M. Bison)
5. CJ Tahj (Adon)
7. STVG|Nobody (Ibuki, Cammy)
7. InTehWeeds (Blanka)

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Results

1. EMPR|WhiteBoi (Doomsday)
2. Deg (Harley Quinn, Zatanna)
3. EMPR|Kitana Prime (Zatanna, Harley Quinn)
4. Gross (Green Lantern)

Killer Instinct - Results

1. NFI|Ricky Walker (Sadira)
2. Private Joker (Glacius)
3. GnarlyFeats (Orchid)
4. WA|Marshall Law (Glacius)

Super Smash Bros. Melee - Results

1. HungryBox (Jigglypuff)
2. Colbol (Fox)
3. Plup (Samus, Fox | Others)
4. WhiteBoyWasted (Falco, Fox)
5. BleaGelo (Luigi)
5. Gahtzu (Captain Falcon)
7. Harriet (Falco)
7. SS|S0ft (Jigglypuff)

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma - Results

1. SG (Litchi)
2. Skeletal Minion (Haku-Men)
3. Captain Marvelous (Kokonoe)
4. Juggernaut (Jin)

Video stream provided by CEO Gaming, image from the CEO Gaming Facebook page.

Comments

Ryu_Apprentice said on February 1, 2014 at 11:22 a.m.

From Nigeria, Ibro is going to be attending and tearing up the competition! Watch out for him guys (if he doesn't make top 16 I am going to teleport him to mars and leave him there)

A good friend and SF4 rival, I am hyped to see how he will perform and wether he has evolved like I have since we last did battle.

shadow_shogun said on February 1, 2014 at 11:44 a.m.

I'll be rooting for him.

ain said on February 1, 2014 at 11:50 a.m.

Is there no schedule anywhere?

Ryu_Apprentice said on February 1, 2014 at 11:52 a.m.

It seems he wont be attending. he caught space flu

Ryu_Apprentice said on February 1, 2014 at 11:54 a.m.

dont put your hopes up. the jitters probably going to knock him out cold. he says he will show his strenght at EVO and I call him BS.

If I dont see him on AE 2012 or Mahvel I am so so going to kick him in the ****

Ascender said on February 1, 2014 at 12:24 p.m.

Finished getting wrecked in AE. First tournament ever. I did better in my losers match but still lost. Wish there was a AE scene in Kissimmee. There's nothing here.

riku45 said on February 1, 2014 at 12:32 p.m.

fighting games still big in Nigerian "arcades"?

bigjbilly said on February 1, 2014 at 12:54 p.m.

Schedule? Catalyst, pls.

Ryu_Apprentice said on February 1, 2014 at 1:12 p.m.

we have a decent scene. not so big, but its growing.

jak_d_ripr said on February 1, 2014 at 1:44 p.m.

Where are y'all based in? I know lagos has a growing scene and last time I was in Abuja they were leveling up as well. Disappointed to hear your boy won't be at the tourney though.

riku45 said on February 1, 2014 at 2:05 p.m.

good to hear :) I have not been home for 13 years lol

Ryu_Apprentice said on February 1, 2014 at 2:33 p.m.

Based in Lagos, there are crews in Surulere, Ikeja, Yaba and Dolphin in VI that I know of. The strongest being the Shaolin Crew. they have been the top honchos in the FGC here.

Ryu_Apprentice said on February 1, 2014 at 2:35 p.m.

really? wow thats a really long time. you must have forgotten what foo-foo, eba and nkwobi tastes like

MichaelDMcGrath said on February 1, 2014 at 6:55 p.m.

Not a big smash fan, but that grand finals was ST-like. Great stuff.

intehweeds said on February 1, 2014 at 9:21 p.m.

I hate when people spell my name like that, I always write it down all lower case :(

aybeee said on February 2, 2014 at 12:47 a.m.

Hey guys,
What about Kano Nigeria? Don't you guys know that there are pros there?
Maybe we need to organize a national tournament in Nigeria first before posting the top 3 or less to represent us in the African tournament or Evo 2014. What do you say?

Eden said on February 2, 2014 at 2:09 a.m.

Hum

andyknigth said on February 2, 2014 at 4:22 a.m.

Did you say Kano state, are you sure I know of portharcourt lagos abuja but anywhere else na men.

Ryu_Apprentice said on February 2, 2014 at 5:04 a.m.

Well, I don't know about Kano. I believe that Lagos has the strongest scene at the moment. I would love to see a national tournament.

Splack said on February 2, 2014 at 6:33 a.m.

Lol. My moms is Nigerian. She be killing foofoo.

Never heard of a fgc in Nigeria lol. Ive never been there. Cool. I would've thought Lagos had the best players before anywhere else.

Ryu_Apprentice said on February 2, 2014 at 6:55 a.m.

Here's some links to matches from the Lagos FGC, the first and second is me and a competent Ryu player and the 3rd is an archive of previous events and matches held

Herosan said on February 2, 2014 at 7:51 a.m.

Had no idea there was a scene in Lagos. What are the turnouts like at the tourneys? Key question: is there jollof rice/ suya near any of the venues?

law1 said on February 2, 2014 at 10:11 a.m.

As the shaolin "okage" in Nigeria, your posts (all your posts), seem interesting and are appreciated. You would not believe your eyes I tell you this, if you venture into our FGC. "Arigato"...

Ryu_Apprentice said on February 2, 2014 at 11:41 a.m.

SENSEI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryu_Apprentice said on February 2, 2014 at 11:43 a.m.

tournouts are usually anywhere from 30 to 50 usually

lueymann said on February 3, 2014 at 12:59 p.m.

Where I'm from in Nigeria no FGC. :'( my only fellow FGC member is the snk bosses or perfect play ai. No human opponents.