Conversation with Capcom employee reveals incoming Ultra Street Fighter 4/Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 patch for PC and more

Posted by Ryan 'Tryken' Tullis • August 3, 2014 at 7:24 p.m. PDT

Eventhubs user DarkSamus recently had a chat with Wbacon of Capcom. In it, he asks a variety of questions, including the planned launch of the PC version as August 8th approaches and what will be included in the upgrade.

Also touched on is the release table for the Ultra Street Fighter 4 digital upgrade. WBacon suggests that he's shooting to have it live by 9 p.m. PST on August 7th; however, this is contingent on Valve's office hours among other things.

Hit the jump to read a few pertinent questions to get you started.

DarkSamus: About the patch, people want clarification on what it is for. People are assuming it will add the Ultra content with a "dipswitch" setting that says "USF4 = Off" if you didn't buy DLC. Most think the upcoming patch is just for the above and have been quite abusive because I dared to think it might be a "network" fix

Wbacon: Oh sure. I don't have the specific details on what the dev team is fixing, but they've all been apprised of, and are keenly aware of the many feedback they've received from the community including network performance, microphone mute, etc. so they're working on something. I'll eventually get a fix list before the patch goes out so more will be clear by then.

DarkSamus: So the network code is certainly a part of this upcoming patch?

Wbacon: I wouldn't know what's included in the patch. But it's not just a patch to enable Ultra content.

DarkSamus: I noticed that you can't skip victory screens. Not an important issue, but was wondering if that was being fixed?

Wbacon: I honestly don't know about the skip function. Perhaps it's a design decision and not a bug.

To read more, check out DarkSamus's post on the Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 Steam Community page.

Tip sent in by DarkSamus.

Comments

Psycho said on August 3, 2014 at 5:44 p.m.

Let me change regions, please!

LeonX said on August 3, 2014 at 5:49 p.m.

So, evasive answers like always XD

szakigeri said on August 3, 2014 at 5:55 p.m.

You won't be able to do that, but it is confirmed that they will add more flags.

DrOstler said on August 3, 2014 at 5:55 p.m.

Q - ... , A - Dunno
Q - ... , A - Dunno
Q - ... , A - Dunno

Fantastic interview

handc said on August 3, 2014 at 5:56 p.m.

these answers were more ambiguous than ono's announcements.
but it does look probable that the mic and netcode will be fixed :x gud

Psycho said on August 3, 2014 at 6:01 p.m.

Ooohh. Ok, thank you! that sucks! I'm from Venezuela and there's never people to play with so the best pick for me is to choose USA as region (like I did in GFWL and like I do in PS3). So I guess I have to fix my matches with buddies, no more playing random people in Ranked! :(

GiBGUN said on August 3, 2014 at 6:03 p.m.

We really, really need the option to search by ping, not region. If you're living near the border of another country there could be a prospective opponent really close to you, but you'll only see each other if you switch to Region = Same. No one does this because then your search results get populated with every country in the world!

I get the impression this isn't a priority because it doesn't affect Japan too much - I'd love to be proven wrong.

ItalianBoy said on August 3, 2014 at 6:07 p.m.

GFWL netcode was flawless and now with the Steam is unplayable. Hope they fix it and 5 years can't make a option where the player chose the match via Ping and stop using that 3 grade of Green,Yellow,red connection.

mechmaster90 said on August 3, 2014 at 6:08 p.m.

I'm not sure what's the point of this article.

FADCTAUNT said on August 3, 2014 at 6:10 p.m.

Steam version is fine, people saying it's unplayable check your crap. I haven't had any problems since June. (but yes, it was unplayable in June, not anymore)

brandaman69 said on August 3, 2014 at 6:10 p.m.

You guys should interview me next. I don't know anything either but I would be glad to answer any questions you have.

DarkSamus said on August 3, 2014 at 6:11 p.m.

I think we all know by now that it can be quite hard to get blood out of the Capcom stone.

I actually like to think I did reasonably well to get the info I did seems there has been a VERY small amount of communication coming from Capcom.

ItalianBoy said on August 3, 2014 at 6:14 p.m.

I have a High End PC which run every game at Ultra Setting and 100 mb Connection. so Tell me what do you have better that fix the Lag and Sound issues and why can't run 5 years old game? when GWL was so GODLIKE the network

sarif2soon said on August 3, 2014 at 6:23 p.m.

Reminds of that Daigo (?) interview. Summary of his answers:
-I'm not sure
-That's hard to say
-I don't know

nitrocan said on August 3, 2014 at 6:29 p.m.

More like

Conversation with Capcom employee DOESN'T reveal incoming Ultra Street Fighter 4/Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 patch for PC and more

Paradonyx said on August 3, 2014 at 6:32 p.m.

This guy's answers are more ambiguous than my sexuality.

...that came out wrong.

BornFreeEH said on August 3, 2014 at 6:34 p.m.

TRIAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSS??????

Please someone tell me new trials are on the disc or in the patch please.

HarryCodder said on August 3, 2014 at 6:37 p.m.

This is probably the most useless article on this website.

Logos said on August 3, 2014 at 6:41 p.m.

BornFreeEH, the trials are coming as a seperate patch. Combofiend mentioned this a while ago. Considering there has been no news off the trials in retail I don't think it's planned. If you play on PC it's even worse because we won't get the trial patch until 8 months after it's released on consoles.

PlasmaWaffle said on August 3, 2014 at 6:57 p.m.

I never usually give EH any kind of negativity but this is literally the most useless interview I've read in my entire life about anything anywhere ever

Burnkickftl said on August 3, 2014 at 7:18 p.m.

ya i also have a high end comp get like constant 60fps no lag high settings always . also have 50/25 internet fios.

ever since gfwl went down steam or steamworks or w/e its called has been crap. it was crap 2 months ago, its still crap. people who were green bars before steamworks are sometimes(more often then not) yellow bars now.

almost never lagged on gfwl.

lag always on steam.

X_Cel said on August 3, 2014 at 7:21 p.m.

Wbacon has done a very poor job of keeping people updated as far as the patching is concerned in the Steam discussion hubs.

This is not surprising at all. Steamworks version still really sucks compared to GFWL

Orinon said on August 3, 2014 at 7:36 p.m.

This really needs more complete quotes.

Example, after he said " I wouldn't know what's included in the patch. But it's not just a patch to enable Ultra content. " , he went on to say " The Ultra upgrade will naturally have actual data - new characters, new stages, new gameplay balance, new opening movie, etc. Not sure what the file size is, but it's not a couple hundred MB or like that. Should be in GBs."

It's still a sort of 'I'm not sure' answer, but we it gives some relatively useful details, like how long I'll have to wait after it starts downloading to play, XD.

MaverickHunterX said on August 3, 2014 at 7:38 p.m.

Well at least add my country's flag in the game. I'm not sure about SFIV in GFWL but based on my experience with SFxT it's just crappy with me getting kicked all the time because they keep on getting my IP address wrong.

MomochiRocks said on August 3, 2014 at 7:43 p.m.

Does that guy even work for capcom?
Does he work for anyone ? what a stupid reply.
Yea.. they are going to "decide" to let you skip intros on one platform but not another. what a stupid answer.

Clearly he was speaking before thinking for even a second, and probably felt retarded before even finishing the sentence, but had already committed to opening his mouth, and in hopes of maintaining fake proffesionalism, just kept speaking like he knew what he was talking about.

That answer was not suitable for any game.
he was nothing more than glaring PR.

ninja_philosopher said on August 3, 2014 at 8:01 p.m.

Actually it was clear from the first reply the extent of what Wbacon knows and doesn't know. still the interviewer attempted to push him maybe in hope to extract some more info.

MakeSense said on August 3, 2014 at 8:14 p.m.

"network performance, microphone mute"
If they do that, mission accomplished.

AAKZ said on August 3, 2014 at 8:19 p.m.

And yet it's one of the most informative articles on Eventhubs all week.GOOD WORK EVENTHUBS!

Lockm said on August 3, 2014 at 8:25 p.m.

Wasn't really an interview, more like a chat with a person who happens to be a capcom employee, not that high up either.

killerface said on August 3, 2014 at 8:34 p.m.

PC had the best netcode of all platforms when it was GFWL. I hope they can at least make the way it was (if not better).

BornFreeEH said on August 3, 2014 at 8:52 p.m.

This is really irking me. Trials are supposed to be a fun way to get a feel for characters, particularly new characters. We still haven't had trials for E.Ryu, Oni, Yang and Yun, let alone Poison, DeCapre, Hugo, Rolento and Elena!

And new trials for current characters would be great. I main Akuma and know there's tonnes of cool stuff with the fs.hp buff.

On top of all that there should be Red Focus combos included.

PlasmaWaffle said on August 3, 2014 at 8:55 p.m.

I'm really annoyed at the no trials too, but you know how they said they're not done balancing? I'm thinking maybe they're going to put it out with the next balancing patch, so if someone's frame data changes, the trials will still be possible with that character. And possibly waiting to see how people play the characters to make relevant trials? I know that's wishful thinking but I guess we will see

metaf4 said on August 3, 2014 at 9:47 p.m.

How much do they pay this guy?!? They sent a dude to do an interview with absolutely no knowledge of their company that he works for? Damn...where can I send in my resume?

BornFreeEH said on August 3, 2014 at 9:50 p.m.

I was thinking the same thing. Makes sense. But hopefully they can do it quickly. Like I said it's a really good way to get a feel for new characters and the possibilities.

It's useless if they come too late....although still fun.

Majin_LenOH said on August 3, 2014 at 10:05 p.m.

Is the Steam netcode that bad? Since I transferred my account from GFWL I haven't even ran it once.

People always complained that GFWL was the devil but I got excellent local connections and very good to decent east coast connections from here in the Caribbean.

With a good connection you even forgot you were playing online at times.

DarkSamus said on August 3, 2014 at 10:51 p.m.
tool said on August 3, 2014 at 11:04 p.m.

worst interview ever!

HmpLghtng said on August 3, 2014 at 11:55 p.m.

Amazing interview, I rate 10/10. Would totally read an interview between these too again in the future.

asadmonkey said on August 4, 2014 at 12:12 a.m.

pauro said on August 4, 2014 at 4:13 a.m.

ToastyDMY said on August 4, 2014 at 4:38 a.m.

People are still b!tch!n about the connection

You do realize that those consoles the PS3 and 360 are going to make that connection FAR worse eight?

Just throwing that out there

Yisandra said on August 4, 2014 at 6:45 a.m.

Looks like someone realized people were not gonna waste money on steam USF4. Better give people false hopes so they preorder the game for the free alts

Ryose said on August 4, 2014 at 6:45 a.m.

click-bait is the only thing that counts :)

Ryose said on August 4, 2014 at 6:47 a.m.

I wonder if each new member to the EH-team gets a tutorial on how to create "click-baitable fg news" from Catalyst.

Boris_17z said on August 4, 2014 at 7:46 a.m.

TL;DR - he doesn't know.

Junknown said on August 4, 2014 at 8:01 a.m.

LOL

Ammonites said on August 4, 2014 at 8:23 a.m.

Skipping the final victory screen (after match is totally over) and things like speeding up how you search for games would be great. There is way way too much downtime in between matches if you play ranked online.

VulcanHades said on August 4, 2014 at 9 a.m.

I can't believe I actually wasted my time reading this interview...

Whengameswerefun said on August 4, 2014 at 9:51 a.m.

LOL sums it up pretty well.

KingSalman said on August 4, 2014 at 10:17 a.m.

So...basically we got a interview from a Capcom employee with a clearance level of a janitor answering USF4 questions. One of the most useless posts in EH history.

ScS_blodiasalt said on August 4, 2014 at 12:12 p.m.

At the EVO 2014 panel, Combofiend and co. mentioned that USF4 would be getting an AE-like update but that they wanted the game to flesh out before it was done. My guess is most likely after EVO 2015.

Ojidan_Boy said on August 4, 2014 at 12:27 p.m.

I've noticed that when I'm in a lobby waiting for an opponent, occasionally the game would freeze for like a second. It's not a big issue but it's something that never happened in GFWL.

Also, bars are always flashing and the loading screen appears for a longer duration when trying to enter a lobby.

Are other players experiencing these issues?

Breakingbad said on August 4, 2014 at 2:20 p.m.

@ #52
Yes the continual flashing bars is something that I get.

Tassadarmaster said on August 4, 2014 at 6:07 p.m.

I'm also noticing the occasionally freeze during the lobby when waiting for an opponent.

The bars are always flashing when I'm searching for a match for the first time. It usually goes away when I refresh the search again.

Araxen said on August 4, 2014 at 9:09 p.m.

This interview didn't answer any questions. Pretty pointless! Just click farming for ads I guess.

RedRapperSux said on August 5, 2014 at 12:36 p.m.

That is so funny... Before Steam integration everybody was saying how much better it would be with Steam and how GFWL is a steaming pile of crap.