Infiltration vs. PR Balrog SSF4 AE v2012 grand finals, Combofiend fights Vic The Slick in USF4, Mike Ross, Ricky Ortiz, and more: NCR 2014 replays

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • April 24, 2014 at 6:17 p.m. PDT

Capcom Fighters has uploaded a ton of Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 footage from NorCal Regionals 2014.

In today's story we have the winners and grand finals sets between EG|PR Balrog and Infiltration, along with other bouts from the tournament featuring players such as EG|Ricky Ortiz, Mike Ross, EG|K-Brad, YBK|Jayce the Ace, NGL|Marq Teddy, Alex Myers, and more.

Additionally, we have the Ultra Street Fighter 4 exhibition between Capcom's own Combofiend and Twitch TV's Vic The Slick. Combofiend uses Poison throughout the entire first-to-five set, while Vic uses Rolento and his main character, M. Bison.

There are even more replays over on Capcom Fighters' YouTube channel, so be sure to check it out. Hit the jump to view the action.

Comments

SaikyoStyle said on April 24, 2014 at 6:38 p.m.

I think some people already mentioned this on Youtube, but I appreciate how they're uploading all the Top 32 matches first then onto 16, Grand Finals, etc.

Gotomaster said on April 24, 2014 at 7:09 p.m.

They improved on the upload order. Before with say Capcom Cup, they would upload Grand Finals first, thus spoiling it for those who couldn't check out the event live.

Wintry said on April 24, 2014 at 7:12 p.m.

I definitely appreciate that as I can't always watch the streams I want to watch. So it sucks when you instantly see Grand Finals results.

Atax1s said on April 24, 2014 at 7:12 p.m.

So it looks like they left poisons sweep cancel in...excellent.

Burn said on April 24, 2014 at 7:15 p.m.

Ugh, I hate watching ANY Sakura. It's the same crap, over and over. They hall have exactly the same playstyle, it seems. The real problem is that that play style is so powerful. It makes Sak a really strong character with really easy, powerful pressure and combos and mixups.

BlackOnyxThunder said on April 24, 2014 at 7:18 p.m.

Yeah, but most pros follow the same playstyle regardless the character (mainly cuz they want to win).

Paradonyx said on April 24, 2014 at 7:35 p.m.

Aww sweet! I've been waiting for these since I didn't feel like watching the stream.

Thanks for this, EH!

Savage_Alchemist said on April 24, 2014 at 7:50 p.m.

Cant wait for evo
Im already pumped for it

bagel_bytez said on April 24, 2014 at 7:53 p.m.

Man rog was relentless in that grand finals.

SonicfanQ said on April 24, 2014 at 8:08 p.m.

Yea I hate watching sakura and ibuki also. Rinse and repeat crap over and over. ibuki is even worse because of her brainless vortex.

EXCh33ky said on April 24, 2014 at 8:12 p.m.

Man seeing that banner makes me think back to vanilla arcade, how balrogs nose was much wider and better...I mean capcom probably had to change that from being to 'racial' but if they did it in the first place, shoulda just owned up to it and left it in...not this michael jackson nose he has now :(

DarkFlare07 said on April 24, 2014 at 8:12 p.m.

Infiltration has to be sandbagging, he played just awful in gf.

bagel_bytez said on April 24, 2014 at 8:47 p.m.

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I really wish divekicks we're never invented/brought to sf4

AriesWarlock said on April 24, 2014 at 8:51 p.m.

Would have liked to see Infiltration use Gouken or Hakan.

DunnDeal said on April 24, 2014 at 9:01 p.m.

I HATE watching and playing Ryu all day. They all try so hard to mimic Daigo that it's funny.

Ryu isn't a bad character either. It's just that 80% of players online use him so everyone knows the Ryu matchup with their character now.

HiryuMK said on April 24, 2014 at 9:11 p.m.

I feel the same when there a Rufus, Yun, Fei Long & Cammy.

Bizzy89 said on April 24, 2014 at 9:15 p.m.

That's probably the reason why you don't see too many Sakura's or Ibuki's in Top 8. They're just to one-dimensional

Albert_o6 said on April 24, 2014 at 9:32 p.m.

rog's play was nothing short of amazing..

Bizzy89 said on April 24, 2014 at 9:33 p.m.

I'm still tryna figure out why PR still plays Rog if he's just gonna drop em when Ultra comes out

boulderabuser said on April 24, 2014 at 10:41 p.m.

Ikr. Especially when a qualify spot for Capcom cup 2014 is on the line.

RedEther said on April 24, 2014 at 10:52 p.m.

Infiltration loses to PR Rog pretty consistently now. He should just pick Hakan against Rog now.

Pachendrix said on April 25, 2014 at 12:24 a.m.

I know this ain't the final build. But it's ridiculously annoying how the coloring of the new stages is way brighter than the characters and every other stage. It looks extremely off. Same with Decapre, again I know this is not final for consoles, but it's annoying as f*ck. Also the voice over on the new characters needs to get EQ'd ASAP.

CaptainPlanet said on April 25, 2014 at 12:29 a.m.

It's good to hear Seth commentating again.

Threedawg said on April 25, 2014 at 1:05 a.m.

Thanks for the spoiler! Much appreciated! I was trying to avoid it so I could watch the vods from top 16 since I missed the tournament. Thanks Eventhubs.

gaming99 said on April 25, 2014 at 2:01 a.m.

nah, Infiltration gave his win to PR Rog so he can gain sympathy with the crowds. He was just sandbagging. Also he probably gets tired from jet lag after having too much time traveling here and there.

He just practicing for Ultra ,folks. No wonder why he keeps switching his main to chun li, and oni. I bet he will win ten years ahead from now in every tournament if he had Laugh beside him.

Infiltration will win Evo 2014 , I am rooting for him. He is still the best street fighter player in the world. Do not dare to disagree with me, my opinion is a fact.

Cyan said on April 25, 2014 at 2:49 a.m.

"They all try so hard to mimic Daigo that it's funny. "

Yeah, can't those noobs just stop to use cr.mk and Hadoukens so much?

SpiderUppercut said on April 25, 2014 at 4:02 a.m.

DunnDeal still appears to be butthurt that Daigo won EVO twice in a row with a character and matchup everybody apparently knows!

Get over it dude, or main Ryu. Learn the fundamentals.

DunnDeal said on April 25, 2014 at 5:18 a.m.

I'm not butthurt about anything. Did you see anything in my last comment about not knowing the fundamentals of Ryu? Did I say anything about losing to Ryu? People claim that Ryu need so many buffs yet Daigo is winning Evo with him just like you said. If anyone is getting butthurt, it's the Ryu players who thinks Ryu need buffs becuase they're not on Daigo's level.

Everyone knows the Ryu matchup by now because too many people use him. That's all I was saying. But you claim I'm butthurt for no apparent reason. I'm guessing Ryu is your main (I wouldn't be surprised) and you took it to the heart about many Ryu players trying to be like Daigo

SuperRoadFighter said on April 25, 2014 at 5:34 a.m.

No the reason you don't see too many Sakura's or Ibuki's in Top 8 is because the top players just happen to not play those characters currently. That is it. Top players make top 8. The non-top players who make top 8 got easy brackets. If more top players played Sakura or Ibuki you would see them in Top 8 based solely on the merit of them being played by a top player.

DarkFlare07 said on April 25, 2014 at 6:03 a.m.

Oh yes I forget how much infiltration cares about that

Remondo02 said on April 25, 2014 at 6:36 a.m.

Bizzy89 said on April 25, 2014 at 6:54 a.m.

But WHY don't top players play with these characters. Because the mindset for these characters is one dimensional. They only have one way to play and trying to deviate from that with those characters mean you lose

Capcom_Warrior said on April 25, 2014 at 7:09 a.m.

Combofiend played great with Poison. I can't wait to get my hands on Ultra!

TheBlackHombre said on April 25, 2014 at 8:32 a.m.

This is why I really liked infiltration when he exploded into popularity when he was on a non stop winning rampage. He played the game how he wanted to play it, very defensive, no risks, and meticulously calculated all while playing Akuma. A character with the lowest stun and stamina who's 'best defense is his offense' which was sworn by every Akuma player ever.

DORMWORM said on April 25, 2014 at 8:37 a.m.

inf dont block as much anymore , he was drinking that water with such thirst was he dehydrated?

DORMWORM said on April 25, 2014 at 8:39 a.m.

chris advice ruined Mike ross, he must have told him use ken for me

unseenpotential01 said on April 25, 2014 at 11:27 a.m.

Explain "one dimensional" to me. I believe nearly every button she has has a purpose and she has probably the most mix ups in this game. The reason why you don't see too many sakura's or ibuki's in top 8 is cuz not everyone plays them like RoadFighter said. regardless of how much u don't like how good they are at close range or their vortex or whatever, it doesn't make it any easier to win with them. There is no one way to play with any character... unless you are playing fei long or dhalsim lol

pfft... "one dimensional" lol

kdavis851 said on April 25, 2014 at 5:38 p.m.

Players play their characters for a variety of reasons. Unless they've said so publicly, no way of knowing why, and speculation is just that: speculation.

GodotLaserFace said on April 25, 2014 at 9:52 p.m.

Poison looks so much better and more fun than in SFxT. I can't wait for Ultra to finally have a definitive main.