Did Mike Ross defend his face's honor? Find out in our UFN Fight Night results

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • April 22, 2014 at 9:12 p.m. PDT

Updated with final results: We've updated this story with the results of PandaxGaming's UFN, which featured a first to ten between Mike Ross and TheLeftHandedMonkey.

PandaxGaming's Ultimate Fight Night happened this evening on Twitch. Mike Ross vs. TheLeftHandedMonkey was the main event, as both players were competing for Mike Ross' face, otherwise known as the painting.

Here's a rundown of all of the matches, hit the jump to view the results.

Main Event
- Mike Ross (E. Honda) vs. TheLeftHandedMonkey (Evil Ryu)

Co-Main Event
- PIE|Smug (Dudley) vs. DRD|Magnegro (C. Viper)

Undercard
- Nice1 (Guy) vs. Brolylegs (Chun-Li)
- ASAP|Rabbitto (Juri) vs. NGL|Brentt (Rufus)
- Alex Myers (Sakura) vs. AG|Native (T. Hawk)

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 - Results

• Mike Ross (E. Honda) beat TheLeftHandedMonkey (Evil Ryu) 10-5.

• PIE|Smug (Dudley) beat DRD|Magnegro (C. Viper) 5-4.

• Brolylegs (Chun-Li) beat Nice1 (Guy) 5-1.

• AG|Native (T.Hawk) beat Alex Myers (Sakura) 5-2.

• NGL|Brentt (Rufus) beat ASAP|Rabbitto (Juri) 5-4.

Stream hosted by PandaxGaming.

Comments

Existent said on April 22, 2014 at 6:05 p.m.

Try not to get fourth in your two man tournament Mike.

LitchiFayeLing said on April 22, 2014 at 6:05 p.m.

Oh God, stop talking about face off

msdrakegx said on April 22, 2014 at 6:07 p.m.

I find this format much more exciting than tournaments. Hope we see more fights like this in the future!

RagerDaPrince_EH said on April 22, 2014 at 6:08 p.m.

This gone be good.

Dingofist said on April 22, 2014 at 6:11 p.m.

Yes. Yessssssssss.

darkallex88 said on April 22, 2014 at 6:13 p.m.

Is it me , or has PSN been extremely laggy recently the past week even green bars has button delay now.
But enjoy the stream everyone :)

Oroku_Saki said on April 22, 2014 at 6:14 p.m.

The Micheal Ross Affair. A must see movie about a painting, yomi and dosukoi.

Quakeulf said on April 22, 2014 at 6:32 p.m.

Mike "Mike 'Mike Ross' Ross" Ross can't take 4th when he only has one opponent to fight!

bagel_bytez said on April 22, 2014 at 6:35 p.m.

Did brolylegs win?

Razberryclownsac said on April 22, 2014 at 6:37 p.m.

Great set from Brent and Rabbito. That was a fantastic comeback and a very entertaining match. This "boxing" format is interesting. Be fun to see more of these in the future. Just good ol fashion entertainment.

Burnt said on April 22, 2014 at 6:45 p.m.

Who the f?uvk are these faces on the thumb, two different versions of Nicholus Cage??

Burnt said on April 22, 2014 at 6:47 p.m.

Face/Off.. Ah ok i see..

T_BaginELF said on April 22, 2014 at 6:51 p.m.

The one on the left is John Travolta.

Wardog said on April 22, 2014 at 6:52 p.m.

You never saw the movie? You must be young cause Its a good movie.

Wintry said on April 22, 2014 at 6:59 p.m.

Dang I missed it? Curses!

bagel_bytez said on April 22, 2014 at 7:04 p.m.

Mms_native/native_impact for Evo 2014

Razberryclownsac said on April 22, 2014 at 7:06 p.m.

Is that MMS Native or are they two different people? I was wondering if that was him.

Gotomaster said on April 22, 2014 at 7:13 p.m.

If you mean the ft10, hasn't happened yet.

bagel_bytez said on April 22, 2014 at 7:32 p.m.

Lol I tried to make my post sound ambiguous because to tell you the truth I was wonderin the same thing. And isn't it age_native now or something? Maybe it's ag native_impact, formerly mms_native. Can anyone else shed some light?

solidxpanda said on April 22, 2014 at 7:42 p.m.

We will definitely be having more of these guys! We've been doing UFN for a couple of years :)

kizasoza215 said on April 22, 2014 at 7:56 p.m.

Funniest s*** I read all day

Burnt said on April 22, 2014 at 8:09 p.m.

I did see the movie, but i dont remember one scene/word from it :/

wallie said on April 22, 2014 at 8:32 p.m.

UFN getting higher view count than ESGN fight night. just sayin

Logos said on April 22, 2014 at 8:37 p.m.

I was really looking forward to this. Ended up getting supremely disappointed at the "main event". The Evil Ryu was so bad I didn't even watch the whole thing.

Chi_Shinobi said on April 22, 2014 at 8:44 p.m.

Cr Mk xx hadou fadc hadou too good. Nerf Dat!

mercurian said on April 22, 2014 at 8:50 p.m.

Lol Mike got mad.

Burnt said on April 22, 2014 at 9:24 p.m.

Man, SHUT. UP. It was more about the humour and something to watch on a tuesday night then anything else

HiryuMK said on April 22, 2014 at 9:27 p.m.

Same here.

The_Big_Boss said on April 22, 2014 at 9:29 p.m.

Somebody is always going to complain. Exactly why people are turned off by the FGC. So much negativity Panda. Keep up the good work and Keep on throwing these tournaments. Hopefully it will get some more people exposure.

bagel_bytez said on April 22, 2014 at 9:29 p.m.

That was fun. Mike had his number though

Capcom_Warrior said on April 22, 2014 at 9:34 p.m.

Well done Mike!

Razberryclownsac said on April 22, 2014 at 9:40 p.m.

I thought this was really fun, even though I knew Mike would take this easily. I'm actually a little surprised Monkey was able to get 5 matches. Overall, it as very entertaining.

Chris_P_Links said on April 22, 2014 at 9:45 p.m.

Mike has a great thing going...His personality mixed with his non serious content (excellent adventures, esgn, etc) have people believing he's a decent player when he is far better than decent. If u look at recent tourney results he's consistent top 32 if not 16 or even 8...I know he's a great personality but we gotta start giving him props for his tourney/set play where he always does very well...stop sleeping on mike he is gdlk no matter what we see from his fun sessions online

jme said on April 22, 2014 at 9:57 p.m.

Mike aint get this face though. He can hold that ish.

perfume said on April 22, 2014 at 10 p.m.

Santaclaus said on April 22, 2014 at 10:15 p.m.

@ #24 and #35

jezus fekking christ wat a fekking bunch of sad people you are. Monkey never claimed to be a pro of any kind, he is just a very decent player (4k pp ish) who just did a goddamn CHARITY for the community and all you guys can do is whine about it?

man, why don't you just hang yourself and be done with it if you hate life this much?

besides that Monkey actually has a lot of people who really like his video's and his humor. if you don't like that, thats fine but pissing on someone when he just did a goddamn charity is making me wanna grab your fekking throats right through the damn screen and shake some that bitterness out of you before you infect other people who actualy do have a brain and enjoy life.

gaming99 said on April 22, 2014 at 10:36 p.m.

#20 thanks for putting up the match. Need to do this more often. FT5 / FT10 against well-known players always hype to watch.

Shermie_KOF said on April 22, 2014 at 10:38 p.m.

I am pretty sure Lefthandedmonkey didn't expect to beat Mike but wanted to use this opportunity for simply charity and gaining more attention to his channel, no need to be so critical or bashful towards his performance guys.

Good stuff to everyone :)

gaming99 said on April 22, 2014 at 10:40 p.m.

#36 don't mind them, they are just a waste of oxygen, I have seen those nickname couple times in here, they always bring negativity to the topic.

Yung said on April 22, 2014 at 11:04 p.m.

Wow, I can't believe Rabbito lost. T_T

Santaclaus said on April 23, 2014 at 12:10 a.m.

you are right and I let myself go there for a second. I shouldn't even put a second thought in lowlifes like that but seeing these people bringing the community down in a community that doesn't have an easy time anyway jumped me man.

I'm glad Monkey and Mike did this event and I can't wait to watch the archive, it was middle of the night here when they played so I'm looking forward to watching :)

Santaclaus said on April 23, 2014 at 12:12 a.m.

oh and thanks for panda gaming for hosting this :)

Magmi said on April 23, 2014 at 12:18 a.m.

HANDA WINS!!!

rudiano said on April 23, 2014 at 12:37 a.m.

Cant believe Mike gave some random guy a set, I guess I have a chance to play a set with him to lol that evil ryu was terrible and probably boosted to get those points, also cant stand the "try too hard" commentary that guy does.

TheOtherTensei said on April 23, 2014 at 1:03 a.m.

I enjoyed LHM's commentary, and not to mention, he may have had stream nerves. That was a very public event, and chat smelled blood(lol).

Even so, I enjoyed it,

Chi_Shinobi said on April 23, 2014 at 2:40 a.m.

GGs Monkey.

Santaclaus said on April 23, 2014 at 2:43 a.m.

you can play him, if you donate 200 dollars to FG community and make a damn painting of him.

also if you think he was crap why dont you play him? i tell you his 4k pp is legit, he got there on the journey. how about you show us your play? :)

Chi_Shinobi said on April 23, 2014 at 2:43 a.m.

Lol he posted videos of his whole journey to 4,000 pp so your bet is bull. How bout you post some videos of you playing? It's easy to talk trash when you a damn random. He'd probably slaughter yo ass. TLHM is more known then yo dumbass will probably ever be.

Apoc said on April 23, 2014 at 2:45 a.m.

I didn't see it but having a main event NOT being a match between two top players was bound to get some negative feedback. A "for fun" match should never be a main event no matter who it is.

Again, I haven't seen it but the negative feedback is understandable. UFN is the good stuff though. Don't judge UFN because they wrongfully prioritized one match. It's 100% quality stuff any SF fan would enjoy.

Santaclaus said on April 23, 2014 at 2:53 a.m.

dude are you serious? this was a charity thing for the FGC.... you know, for the better of everyone who loves fighting games, how should that not be the main event?

dalevodka said on April 23, 2014 at 3:03 a.m.

etrotman said on April 23, 2014 at 3:16 a.m.

etrotman said on April 23, 2014 at 3:21 a.m.

etrotman said on April 23, 2014 at 3:27 a.m.

Santaclaus said on April 23, 2014 at 3:34 a.m.

you are wrong and you don't know what you are talking about. the entire purpose of this evening was LHM vs Mike Ross. jeez if you people don't even know what's going on why do you even bother to comment?

I'll explain it to you guys very short, very simple just once so ignorant comments don't need to be put here anymore.

- TLH painted Mike Ross on request of the community.
- TLH Challenged Mike Ross to fight for this painting of himself in a FT10
- if Mike beat Monkey, Mike would get the Painting PLUS Monkey would donate 50 dollars to Level-Up and 50 dollars to Team Spooky. (I thought it was 100 each but it was 100 total, my bad)

THAT was the main event.

Mike then accepted and said he wanted to stream it so Mike and Monkey then asked PandaGaming to host the stream.

THAT IS THE MAIN EVENT!

now please stop posting ignorant sh!t and be happy for people who put efford in growing the community

ChoseDeath said on April 23, 2014 at 4:38 a.m.

Definitely not just you. I've had the exact same issues. Weird right?

Darc_Requiem said on April 23, 2014 at 4:38 a.m.

The FGC bitches about everything. People are complaining about a charity match? Really guys? -_-

jimbo1123 said on April 23, 2014 at 4:44 a.m.

The main event was quite boring and annoying compared to the previous sets. Not that I feel resentful, or racist, or ignorant, or hating, or whatever - it just wasn't a very tight set, the echo was annoying (so was TLHM's sighs of defeat), and I quit watching somewhere around the 9 to 3 score. Ross's Honda is sexy and I liked how he chased him down a lot instead of playing ultra conservative as the character is known to do

dalevodka said on April 23, 2014 at 4:45 a.m.

MANDINGO said on April 23, 2014 at 4:54 a.m.

MANDINGO said on April 23, 2014 at 5:01 a.m.

thf24 said on April 23, 2014 at 5:19 a.m.

Should have been over way faster. Mike was trolling pretty hard for most of the set, probably trying to make it entertaining for the viewers. I wouldn't exactly say he succeeded, but there were some funny moments.

Teags said on April 23, 2014 at 5:46 a.m.

Does Native make it out to tournaments? Fun to watch the replays so lets see Native @ EVO + USF4 THawk buffs.

pxgiredman said on April 23, 2014 at 6:03 a.m.

You are misinformed my friend this whole UFN was dedicated to the Mike Ross and Left Handed Monkey event all the other matches were setup after those two allowed us to stream their ft10. We did not wrongly prioritize anything that was completely 100% intentional and just because YOU don't feel like a fun match that actually contributes to the scene through donations (shoutout to LeftHandedMonkey) should not be main event worthy then that sounds like a personal opinion of someone who has no clue about the event period.

Also for all those questioning the main event we watched Daigo beat Xian 10-0, beat infiltration 10-1, gamerbee beat zeus 7-0, so I think just because they are quote unquote top players doesn't make the results any better/worse than this UFN's main event result. 10-5 isn't bad at all LHM and Mike Ross had funny commentary some fun matches and did it with a cause so I would just say actually understand the event and watch it before commenting on it.

perfume said on April 23, 2014 at 6:14 a.m.

perfume said on April 23, 2014 at 6:18 a.m.

Gotomaster said on April 23, 2014 at 6:22 a.m.

Some people here are just sad, then you wonder why the american players aren't as good as the japanese. Take Bonchan, Daigo never sees himself beneath anyone, take Bonchan, he was ass in Sf4 not too long ago, but because of the helpful community in Japan, he leveled up at an outstanding rate. Rather than talking down on people who are not as good as top players, have a good time, sharing, or giving tips on how he can improve. I thought the set was cool, and Mike was super hilarious, both players were in good spirit, wouldn't say the same for the chat.

@perfume Weren't you the one who said this

"I try to help players online or on this website and srk as much as I can. We gotta get together and level up our community folks. It'll forge stronger bonds and make our community as a whole stronger. We also need to have more pride in ourselves and our country and stop throwing in the towel when it comes to Japan and other Asian countries. We've gotta stop accepting defeat and level up"

Don't see you promoting this behaviour when its applicable.

Santaclaus said on April 23, 2014 at 6:28 a.m.

well this is an amen :)

SevenDaggers said on April 23, 2014 at 7:24 a.m.

Never stop talking about Face/Off

edrigo said on April 23, 2014 at 7:25 a.m.

Perfume dude don't embarrass yourself ... please

rudiano said on April 23, 2014 at 7:36 a.m.

Well Ive donated plenty to the fgc already, last year nearly $1000 actually....if you don't believe me then go ahead and ask cafeid, pr balrog, levelup how much Ive donated to them....but wait you would never have thought that because posters here are twats

rudiano said on April 23, 2014 at 7:39 a.m.

Awww did he? So what, matches of myself? They're on Youtube uploaded by random guys who have played me. Its easy to talk trash when Im a random? snap...same goes to you fool. Keep using the word 'probably' because you sound like a clueless idiot

rudiano said on April 23, 2014 at 7:43 a.m.

Well said, no point in well known players like Mike Ross playing random online warriors that nobody (but a few) know. Brolylegs was on the stream yday and much more well know then some random youtuber

PropLeXed said on April 23, 2014 at 7:45 a.m.

Great event guys.

solidxpanda said on April 23, 2014 at 8:28 a.m.

The point is that is what supportive for the FGC. It was an exhibition put on to give back to the broadcasters and players of the FGC. Loosen up guys, it was all in fun and entertainment.

Gotomaster said on April 23, 2014 at 9:10 a.m.

Yeah, how dare Mike Ross demean himself by playing someone he chose to play. Honestly, do you hear yourself?

Gotomaster said on April 23, 2014 at 9:11 a.m.

You know, its this reason we are behind Japan. Everyone started off bad at one point, even Mike Ross, it was the experience, and constant accumulation of knowledge, and the will to improve that leads you to become a top player. This event was free to watch, it was all in good fun, and the players had fun. You know, the main reason we play fighting games.

For all your bluster on how people talk down on Mike Ross for not being as good as say Daigo or Justin, you're no better talking down on another guy who enjoys fighting games as well. So what if he isn't as good as Mike, that doesn't mean he isn't allowed to challenge and have fun with him.

Scourge739 said on April 23, 2014 at 9:15 a.m.

Guys please. All of this internet arguing is tearing us apart D:

Sasuga said on April 23, 2014 at 9:16 a.m.

Why do you care so much about spewing crap that no one wants to hear?!? What are you trying to prove?

Shinkutatsumaki said on April 23, 2014 at 9:30 a.m.

Well he did come in Forst place
*runs away*

LuckTactics said on April 23, 2014 at 9:30 a.m.

A bit out of topic here but I just gotta say it. There are FIFTEEN (I mean 1 and 5) MIKE ROSS's on Wikipedia and my favorite one is not even one of them.

If that fictional character "Mike Ross" from suits gets his own wiki page, I don't see why the FGC Mike Ross doesn't deserve one.

Like I said, Just Saying!!!

PS. I'd create one, but dont know him personally enough

Kemo5abe said on April 23, 2014 at 9:34 a.m.

Hey Catalyst. Is there any way you can hide the match results the same way you hide the battle logs? I was very excited to see this match when I clicked into the post, and then the match results were directly below the stream archive. Very un-hype, if you ask me.

edrigo said on April 23, 2014 at 9:36 a.m.

Yes people are complaining about a charity event. One that actually had more fights than was initially made out. It's crazy i know.

Natehawke said on April 23, 2014 at 9:42 a.m.

I quite enjoyed it, great sets all night. Smug vs Magnegro was amazing! I've not actually watched pandaxgaming before but I'm going to start checking it out from now on.

Too bad people got so negative about TLHMonkey vs Mike. Complaining about an actual charity event is pretty lame.

I think Monkey was having some nerves though, his play seemed noticably worse than his youtube stuff. You don't crack 4k pp with jab,jab,drop combo as your bread and butter.

Blackoshinomi said on April 23, 2014 at 10:43 a.m.

im proud of the monkey !

rudiano said on April 23, 2014 at 10:47 a.m.

Easy for you to say, when all you do is leave a stream running 24/7 while you get free money from the constants ads and the sheep who subscribe...meanwhile you're probably out and laughing at everyone for giving you the free money lol no wonder you have money to give away as prizes when its all come to you for free. I don't recall you ever doing it when you started streaming

rudiano said on April 23, 2014 at 10:47 a.m.

Just keep replying to every single one of my comments since you have a fetish for me

Gotomaster said on April 23, 2014 at 10:51 a.m.

I call out nonsense, and it just so happens you tend to do that, often.

etrotman said on April 23, 2014 at 11:09 a.m.

etrotman said on April 23, 2014 at 11:32 a.m.

edrigo said on April 23, 2014 at 12:23 p.m.

Mate calm down geez. The point of the event has clearly gone over your head. Mike played him cause he wanted to most of us were entertained it wasn't about ultra high level play. Again... geez.

dalevodka said on April 23, 2014 at 12:25 p.m.

perfume said on April 23, 2014 at 12:30 p.m.

perfume said on April 23, 2014 at 12:35 p.m.

perfume said on April 23, 2014 at 12:36 p.m.

rudiano said on April 23, 2014 at 12:40 p.m.

Nope, all you ever do s REPLY to comments to troll or start arguments. You never make your own original comments about the article itself

anthonygamer said on April 23, 2014 at 1:01 p.m.

Wow, you are an idiot. SolidxPanda runs tournaments and participates in them too. He's a big help to the FGC. The fact that you don't know this, is sad.

Eventscrubs like you are a cancer to this website.

RedRapperSux said on April 23, 2014 at 1:03 p.m.

The way you closed that comment out has you looking like part of the cancer too.

edrigo said on April 23, 2014 at 2:42 p.m.

If you believe it it must true.

mercurian said on April 23, 2014 at 3:30 p.m.

Honestly part of the reason it seemed bad was because LMH came off as talking a lot of trash. Soured the feel.

Load more comments