Ultra Street Fighter 4 goes into service in Japanese arcades April 17

Posted by Cheng Kai 'KarbyP' Sim • April 5, 2014 at 9:03 a.m. PDT

The arcade version of Ultra Street Fighter 4 now has a final release date.

At the tail end of the Super Street Fighter 4 CR Edition launch commemoration event, Capcom's Yoshinori Ono announced that the highly-anticipated fighting game will go into service in Japanese arcades on April 17.

Decapre, the 5th new character to be introduced in Ultra Street Fighter 4, will not be playable in the arcade version of the game at first, as Capcom is still fine-tuning the character. She will be added to the roster of the arcade version at a later date, via an update patch.

On the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 consoles, Ultra Street Fighter 4 will be released first as a digital upgrade for owners of Super Street Fighter 4 and Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012 in June. A full retail version of the game for PS3 and X360 will subsequently come out in August, alongside a PC release.

Source: Nico Video. Image credit: 4Gamer

Comments

SKILL said on April 5, 2014 at 9:05 a.m.

Don't believe his lies...";)

xianmsg said on April 5, 2014 at 9:05 a.m.

Looks like I have to wait like everyone for the console release T_T and grind for SEAM and EVO

Sasuga said on April 5, 2014 at 9:07 a.m.

Let's hope they guessed right on Decapre. I can't imagine she would be perfectly balanced at that point. She was only 80% complete last week.

I'm picking her up regardless, tho.

Kenmasters101 said on April 5, 2014 at 9:07 a.m.

So the arcade version changes will be the same final changes for the console version as well?

EndlessWitch said on April 5, 2014 at 9:09 a.m.

Damn, a PC release in August? That sucks.

massi4h said on April 5, 2014 at 9:11 a.m.

Oh the upgrade and the full retail are coming out separately?

Guess I'm not going to get all the costumes and stuff then.

DannyBoyPERU said on April 5, 2014 at 9:11 a.m.

Japan 3 month practice for Evo .... The rest of the world 1 month... Evo taken by japan

KarbyP said on April 5, 2014 at 9:13 a.m.

Go to Japan to train for EVO! :D

JRXP2011 said on April 5, 2014 at 9:16 a.m.

June is not that far now. Here we go!!!

s0lid_snake said on April 5, 2014 at 9:17 a.m.

How do we still not have a official release date yet. Not to mention the digital and physical copies are on different dates. I wanted the preorder costumes and the costumes for every character, but now I don't even know if it's worth it anymore. Seriously I swear this the messiest launch for a game ever...

Sonneillon said on April 5, 2014 at 9:19 a.m.

IKR. Only capcom has it for PC months after PS3/XBOX. I'm surprised it ain't next year lol

ReddChief said on April 5, 2014 at 9:29 a.m.

Be happy it's not next year be happy for it even getting a PC release for whatever strange reason.

GiBGUN said on April 5, 2014 at 9:31 a.m.

Hope they continue to polish the overall presentation of the game before release.

I know they're spending loads of time on balancing, and that's great. But there seem to be other problems like the audio levels of the new characters being too loud and stuff like that.

Everyone here always says 'don't worry, they're still making the game' etc., but does anyone actually know if Capcom are still polishing the sounds and visuals? No.

xianmsg said on April 5, 2014 at 9:37 a.m.

LOL don't have the fighter money

Sage_Liebert said on April 5, 2014 at 9:38 a.m.

So, can you not get all costumes and new characters costumes with the digital release? I'll end up buying this game twice because I want physical retail copy, but cant wait.

Savage_Alchemist said on April 5, 2014 at 9:45 a.m.

Ultra is gonna be like a breath of fresh air
AE has been sooooo stale for a long time

Freyzii said on April 5, 2014 at 9:47 a.m.

On my birthday. Now if only there were arcades where I live.

Paradonyx said on April 5, 2014 at 9:51 a.m.

Good news, but I hope its not the first week of June! My wishlist for pre-ordered games in May are stacked!
-Bayonetta 2
-Watch Dogs
-Mario Kart 8
-Minecraft XB1 Version.

Chunners said on April 5, 2014 at 9:53 a.m.

Stopped caring when they decided to go the cheap route rather than go with a fan favorite. Bring on SF5 already.

iYohan said on April 5, 2014 at 9:55 a.m.

No PS4 version announced :(

ComboFailer said on April 5, 2014 at 10:03 a.m.

i'll be there :D

ArcadeRobot said on April 5, 2014 at 10:03 a.m.

I wanna see the New INTRO XD

CaptainPlanet said on April 5, 2014 at 10:07 a.m.

Okay then I guess I have to start packing. Japan, here I come! Yeah I wish ^_^

H3ARTZ said on April 5, 2014 at 10:07 a.m.

Well there's one way to solve that problem. And no one is going to like this solution BUT I 'll say it regardless. Make this years EVO tournament Edition Select only since that's only available on consoles. Everyone starts at the same time. Then the following years revert to Ultra edition only.

I know. I know terrible idea.

LordProsper said on April 5, 2014 at 10:10 a.m.

Clearly this is all a scheme by Capcom to get everyone to play Decapre at Evo since that's the only character Japan won't have matchup experience against. /Kappa

TheTHCGamer said on April 5, 2014 at 10:13 a.m.

That's some BS I guess I'm actually skipping out on the disc version this time around. Two weeks I can tolerate but two months after the release of the digital version is straight stupid. Great game terrible marketing and might as well not even release a disc version.

GordonsBeard said on April 5, 2014 at 10:18 a.m.

I can almost understand the logistics of this. I'm sure Capcom would happily bring the game to US, but we just don't have the number of arcade machines, or the infrastructure to even support this kind of arcade layout.

Still sucks though!

DunnDeal said on April 5, 2014 at 10:20 a.m.

Yep and that's why Japan is always better. They get everything first

LuckTactics said on April 5, 2014 at 10:30 a.m.

Smart move I think. This just means the full version still gets more testing (albeit by the japanese only) before making a final cut. I don't people should have grounds to complain about balancing after all these testing (but then again there are the lab monsters that discover stuff way later :S)

me gusta :)

BuffBison said on April 5, 2014 at 10:40 a.m.

US wasn't gonna win regardless

Smorgasboard said on April 5, 2014 at 10:53 a.m.

As long as it's still the biggest fighting game in the world there would be people who buy it.

Digital versions are always ready months before retail release. It's just logistics. Often digital releases are delayed until retail is ready. Them releasing the digital version earlier is a good thing.

cornbread said on April 5, 2014 at 11 a.m.

2 months of extra practice for japan? BS .........damn you Obamacare damn you!!!!!

htownboss23 said on April 5, 2014 at 11:01 a.m.

Rest in peace ps3 and Xbox 360 capcom needs to start their way to ps4 and Xbox one from here out

bladefight0 said on April 5, 2014 at 11:35 a.m.

So...about that PC release. We (Steam) get the upgrade option too, right? Own AE --> $15 for Ultra. Right?

MRN_SirFoxington said on April 5, 2014 at 11:53 a.m.

i hope they show a loooooot of footage once the arcade release is on april 17th.

Cant wait ^^) to see dudley matches

Remondo02 said on April 5, 2014 at 12:23 p.m.

urien said on April 5, 2014 at 12:30 p.m.

xian you cheater!!
you will play it exactly 12 days from now.
Singapore is like 5 meter from japan and ive heard Singapore have amazing arcades.ill abduct gackt and zhi so you cant train !!
while the rest of us will fantasize on videos ,you guys will adapt to the change...god life is unfair.....

*filling japan immigration form*

SummerUndercover said on April 5, 2014 at 1:07 p.m.

It will be Ultra SFIV without a doubt.

Remondo02 said on April 5, 2014 at 1:19 p.m.

spotlesseden said on April 5, 2014 at 1:23 p.m.

Japan is not getting first. Tons of places get it in Asia too. We will get Sf4 Ultra arcade in here too like 1 week after Japan too.

I'm pretty sure all the top players in California will be able to play it in Arcade. arcade ufo in Austin, TX will probably have it. They always have the latest Japanese games.

spotlesseden said on April 5, 2014 at 1:31 p.m.

Unless there is no offline version, then yes, Japan will have two months head start.

zwabberish said on April 5, 2014 at 2:41 p.m.

Has Capcom said their final word about the rumored menu and character selectscreen overhaul? I really feel like a fresh design would make this Street Fighter-game feel somewhat more new. Besides, the interface could really use it; this one feels dated to me.

devilcuco said on April 5, 2014 at 3:22 p.m.

Can't wait for the final change log.

darko_p86 said on April 5, 2014 at 4:25 p.m.

Ooh man. Why august? Dang it

RvlvA said on April 5, 2014 at 5:06 p.m.

I heard Decapre is not playable in this arcade edition.
I think this arcade edition is kind of location test for Capcom.
So it must be different from console version.
But when Decapre will be tuned ??
And is Capcom going to change battle system, if there is demand from players?
I think red focus attack is so high cost. It spend two super combo gages.
We often cancel normal focus attack when we miss the timing.
So I want the red focus cost to be 1 gage only when miss the timing and don't receive attack. Ex red focus cancel seems to be useful even though it costs 3 gages, but normal red focus is...

Dj_Spazzemz said on April 5, 2014 at 7:59 p.m.

There just better be something included for those who get the digital download, I was looking forward to those costumes!

SpiderUppercut said on April 5, 2014 at 8:21 p.m.

Are you retarded or just asleep when Super SF4 came out?

Console release for Super was first, it had no arcade version.

Guess who beasted EVO that year along with pretty much every EVO major?

Yup!

LoganBrew said on April 6, 2014 at 2:07 a.m.

Hope there will be arcade rip for pc, like AE or Vanilla. Soon as possible.

VanCityPlayboy said on April 6, 2014 at 5:47 a.m.

Same here, I promise and guarantee they will continue to eschew this fan favorite and either ship the game and/or add more useless characters