Posted by MajinTenshinhan
October 31, 2013 at 8:47 a.m. PDT
More 3rd Strike goodness for the people, with strange character choices — Gootecks and Max vs. the World Part 3: Confidence Boost If you're one of those people who just can't forget the glory days of Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike, or perhaps simply someone who longs for the days of yore, when Gootecks and Mike Ross had Excellent Adventures up every other week, then this is the time to rejoice, since the third episode of Gootecks and Max vs. the World has been released.

While it may not have Mike Ross or any 3D effects, it's still good fun between two funny people playing a very good fighting game. Also, in this episode, they move away from their mains to give more entertaining matches. Check it out below, courtesy of Maximilian's YouTube channel.

Hit the jump to check the full episode out, in all of its glory.

Thanks to USAtlas, Razberryclownsac, TaurusMAGNUS, Afropower, Soriku and an anonymous tipster for sending this in.

Comments

SgtKonus said on October 31, 2013 at 9:44 a.m.

Grape Drank Gootecks is my new God.

Oroku_Saki said on October 31, 2013 at 9:47 a.m.

Nicholas Q looks mighty awesome in that YT thumbnail.

iTzg0dzy said on October 31, 2013 at 9:57 a.m.

Pretty hype episode! I love seeing Gootecks happy =)

Afropower said on October 31, 2013 at 9:57 a.m.

That Q match was pure third strike!

SmokeRulz said on October 31, 2013 at 9:59 a.m.

Oh my god this video series is amazing. I love Max and Gootecks.

Evilhero said on October 31, 2013 at 10:27 a.m.

Mike Ross or Max, Gootecks is way more entertaining when he's playing with another person, he's much more hype and seems to enjoy the game more. By himself, he's quiet and acts kind of lethargic.

Dart2623 said on October 31, 2013 at 10:36 a.m.

It is great to see Gootecks and Max together, but the game they play.. argh. I mean, yes, SF3 is a game loved by sooo many people... just like many other games form 10 years ago. Im glad that people who dont like current games, have their place here, watching SF3... but whats next? see them play MVC2?.. CVS2? KOF 2K2? i mean, geez, let those games die already for god sake. I know it is good to play some matches just for the lols when u tired of SFIV or marvel or kofxiii or GG but...ah....anyways, whatever.. again, good thing the people who still play this stuff and cant (or just dont want) to move on, have their piece of fun here. I guess i will just filter this content from my EH preferences.

Pachendrix said on October 31, 2013 at 10:40 a.m.

Great series!!! And yes, without a doubt, SF3rdS is indeed the greatest fighting game of all time!

originalhuman said on October 31, 2013 at 10:44 a.m.

shoutouts to ufcgym, holding down the 360 online community

originalhuman said on October 31, 2013 at 10:58 a.m.

also, it has been 176 days since iron galaxy has submitted the 360 patch to capcom. capcom has yet to post it.

Eye_of_Orochi said on October 31, 2013 at 10:59 a.m.

Older games will always hold a place in my heart and I hope our community never lets certain ones die. Just wouldn't be right.

Aluppoj said on October 31, 2013 at 11:03 a.m.

That GDLK gold membership. ;)

Akua said on October 31, 2013 at 11:05 a.m.

Gooteck's Urien is respectable but that shirt needs to burned...

SgtKonus said on October 31, 2013 at 11:07 a.m.

I see where you're coming from but Fighting Games are timeless pieces of art and simply because their old doesn't mean we should drop them.I like playing SF4 and I like the game but I'm always down to play some Garou:MOTW or KOF 98 if someone wants to.

mundaney said on October 31, 2013 at 11:57 a.m.

Man, I lost it during the Q vs Akuma match!

Nightpain said on October 31, 2013 at noon

I'm playing 3s for like 10 years by now, and my passion for that game is just as big as it was in the beginning.Always good to see that the game still get played.Even if it is in the online realm. :)

HooliganComboFTW said on October 31, 2013 at 12:06 p.m.

Nothing new, Lab Zero had to waits months until the SDE patch went live for 360 Skullgirls. Console bureaucracy process ftw

In any case Third Strike is a beloved fighter (Unless your a Sean player) so the "let it die" arguments can burn.

Razberryclownsac said on October 31, 2013 at 12:20 p.m.

That Q match was so Fing hype. I'm loving this series. I'm really hoping they get JR on the show or run into him online. I'd love to hear their commentary while he's kicking the crap out of them.

Mike said on October 31, 2013 at 12:49 p.m.

JR only plays against scrubs.

Ravellino said on October 31, 2013 at 12:58 p.m.

very cool

HooliganComboFTW said on October 31, 2013 at 1:57 p.m.

Nice job

Esquilax said on October 31, 2013 at 2:04 p.m.

Third Strike is the best!

FlynnChop said on October 31, 2013 at 2:29 p.m.

I would love to argue with them saying Third Strike is the best fighting game, but I can't.

So, so good.

And this video series is the best thing I've seen from either of them in over a year.

Razberryclownsac said on October 31, 2013 at 4:14 p.m.

He plays ranked and gets who he gets. I did see him play Max and Dr Subzero on one of his videos.

sergio_reyes_ said on October 31, 2013 at 4:49 p.m.

exelent

courte said on November 1, 2013 at 12:42 a.m.

omg can i get a commission of haunter or gengar standing fierce into mean look? ghastly doing it is too godlike