Boon still wants to do Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter game, apparently trying to get Capcom's attention

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • October 9, 2013 at 7:36 p.m. PDT

Ed Boon has mentioned many times that he'd love to do a Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter game, but it appears his requests haven't been reciprocated by Capcom.

Boon recently said that one of his dream crossover games would be a title involving the Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter characters, but noted "A LOT more has to happen other than us just 'wanting' to do it."

He also included a hashtag in his statement which said "#HelloCapcom?" seemingly implying that his request hasn't been followed up on heavily by Capcom.

It's worth pointing out that both Mortal Kombat 9 and Injustice: Gods Among Us have been pretty darn successful in the sales department, with the former selling close to 4 million units total, and likely outperforming the vanilla release of Street Fighter 4.

Injustice: Gods Among Us held a top 10 spot for three months in a row, according to the NPD, and while collective numbers haven't been revealed, it's clear this game was quite successful in terms of sales.

Capcom has 152 million in cash on hand, which is on the low side, so teaming up with a company who's experienced some very strong sales in the recent past, for a crossover title that people have been waiting for since 1992 probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

It is possible Capcom may not be too fond of the idea of Ryu getting his head ripped off, though. You can hit the jump to read Boon's tweets, which also talks about doing a slasher movie fighting game, and a DC vs. Marvel title.

Artwork from 2321351Scorpion.

Comments

xBMxSage said on October 9, 2013 at 7:40 p.m.

I would very much like to see this happen.

TwoCoins said on October 9, 2013 at 7:41 p.m.

They could easily do fatalities etc if they make some Alt dimension Bizzaro SF world and or they are zombies or evil versions instead. So it's not the same as killing the Ryu we all know and love.

CalledForJuriDuty said on October 9, 2013 at 7:42 p.m.

MK is a bad choice for a crossover with Street Fighter. The universes are too different flavor. MK is much darker and about murder/death, SF is lighthearted/comedic and mostly about the spirit of competition. It's like onions and chocolate sauce. Just not a good concept.

Mortal Kombat x Killer Instinct would be perfect, though.

Meety said on October 9, 2013 at 7:43 p.m.

Oh no. After MKvsDC and SFxT‚ I rather not see this happen.Plus‚ if you want the violent part of Capcom‚ try MK vs Darkstalkers.

LuigiFan64 said on October 9, 2013 at 7:45 p.m.

MK vs KI is a MUCH better idea.

SadisticSamurai said on October 9, 2013 at 7:45 p.m.

Can't help to think Chucky would have a annoying hitbox if that Slasher Fighter happens XD

Lemres said on October 9, 2013 at 7:46 p.m.

Agree with this. Plus I don't like MK that much anyway.

yes4me said on October 9, 2013 at 7:47 p.m.

I didn't have to wait. I went years ago to 4chan to see guro of SF/Chunli.

Helios86 said on October 9, 2013 at 7:48 p.m.

It will NEVER work. MK is nothing without fatalities and after MKvDC's terrible handling of those how can you possibly expect for some one like Chunli to perform a fatality or for some one famous in SF to be killed like that?

GeneralSpecific said on October 9, 2013 at 7:48 p.m.

Ryu from SF doesn't need to do fatalities.

He can just use his invincible DP to knock those MK fools the F out!

Stand over their bodies with the satisfaction of knowing that killing your opponent isn't required to defeat them !

Catalyst said on October 9, 2013 at 7:49 p.m.

Two different versions of the same game, one with a block button and more traditional MK stuff, like fatalities.

Capcom version with more Capcom-y mechanics and stuff. I'd personally love to see it.

Last time Capcom did a crossover with another 2D fighting game franchise, we got CvS2.

sarif2soon said on October 9, 2013 at 7:50 p.m.

If this happens, it's probably going to be like CvS and SFxT: each company has their version. I'd love to see MK characters playing like SF (I like the characters, but not MK itself), they'd probably even do well in sales. But I couldn't care less about how NRS' version does in terms of sales (if they're taking the gory route like MK).

Make it happen!

Dan_yo1225 said on October 9, 2013 at 7:50 p.m.

sounds good! I wonder if it would have a unique combo system like sfxt if they do decide to do it

DunnDeal said on October 9, 2013 at 7:51 p.m.

Fatality on Sakura? Weird.... I'm curious to see how this crossover would work out. I mean I like SFxT but that game could've done a lot Better. If this does happen, please make the game look more like MK and not a rainbow like SFxT

ninjaXzero said on October 9, 2013 at 7:51 p.m.

Even though I'm slightly curious to see Capcom's take on Mortal Kombat (I don't like the controls or designs of the Mortal Kombat characters / universe), I never want to see Street Fighter in the same game as Mortal Kombat. Plus, you wouldn't be able to satisfy both fan bases (similar to SFxTK).

TheOneandOnlyone said on October 9, 2013 at 7:51 p.m.

I think it's risky to do a cross over right now they don't have much in the bank though i would like to see them try it but.Like someone else said KI vs MK sounds like a better cross over.

CalledForJuriDuty said on October 9, 2013 at 7:52 p.m.

Capcom's probably still bitter about Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game being a flop. Capcom's "Mortal Kombat Killer" was a total failure as are most of their collaborations with US studios. Stay Japanese, Capcom.

shrekbad said on October 9, 2013 at 7:53 p.m.

Mortal kombat vs Street Fighter YES!!!!

Smorgasboard said on October 9, 2013 at 7:59 p.m.

Sounds like someone wants to save their franchise from death. Also, I thought we are sick of crossovers already. Where are the sequels of actual good games? Where are the new titles with innovation?

danny2times said on October 9, 2013 at 8 p.m.

StriderGlemX5 said on October 9, 2013 at 8 p.m.

as long as kintaro, goro, shao khan, motaro aren't in the game as bosses are playable characters i don't mind them MOFO are cheap

TLLxUvA said on October 9, 2013 at 8 p.m.

I would love to see MKvSF, KI vs MK sounds good too but as we all know KI is exclusive. Making a crossover exclusive would suck.
@Catalyst > what he said

MALDA_IS_BACK said on October 9, 2013 at 8:01 p.m.

I love SF but MK will destroy the SF cast.

bunny said on October 9, 2013 at 8:02 p.m.

this is the dream cross over game the 2 biggest franchises going toe to toe epic

MakotoJoker said on October 9, 2013 at 8:04 p.m.

i think someone mad a hole video about sfxmk never happening a long time ago

TheFlyingGrayson said on October 9, 2013 at 8:04 p.m.

Akuma > MK roster. A lot of work would have to be done to make the MK character stand a chance against SF characters.

Scourge739 said on October 9, 2013 at 8:05 p.m.

I'll pass on that crossover. I just don't think they'd blend well at all. Sakura getting her head ripped off? Chun-li(oh god) getting her legs ripped off? I just can't see it.

SqueakyBloom said on October 9, 2013 at 8:05 p.m.

Xbox One Exclusive MK VS KI? No thank you. A Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter could be done easily. You already have dark characters like Akuma, Bison, Vega, etc as well Oro, Gill, and others. And I for one would love to see Chun Li to a fatality where she does her Lightning Kicks and use see her opponent's bones shatter and then finish off with a kick to the head.

caruga said on October 9, 2013 at 8:08 p.m.

Commercially, it would make perfect sense. Who in their right mind would think that this wouldn't sell copies? As to Ryu getting his head ripped off... I'm sure he would get to shoryu some heads off himself.

chipndip said on October 9, 2013 at 8:08 p.m.

Do you REALLY think that would sell?
-------------------------------------

In all honesty, he should give up MK vs. SF. I don't even want to think about the MK characters ravaging the SF characters' dead bodies in their usual MK style, and I definitely don't want to see something as stupid/obscene as Dhalsim twisting Sakura's head off or something. You should have seen this type of boundary coming when you made MK so hyper-violent.

MALDA_IS_BACK said on October 9, 2013 at 8:08 p.m.

Your kidding Akuma will get his ass beat Shao Kahn with a flick of his finger the SF is way out of their league here.

RandomSelectMaster said on October 9, 2013 at 8:10 p.m.

I think it would be fatality-less if Capcom were to comply unless they decided to do a MK VS. Resident Evil... Now this I could see happening. Either that or imagine if Kung Lao sliced Chun Li in half while she did the Spinning Bird Kick...

Eternal said on October 9, 2013 at 8:12 p.m.

Rather do CvS3 The new KOF games are awesome.

GeneralSpecific said on October 9, 2013 at 8:14 p.m.

None of the MK cast would stand a chance against Ryu's Ultra 2.

Anyone thinking otherwise is kidding themselves.

LeonX said on October 9, 2013 at 8:14 p.m.

No! Please! Noooooooooo!!!

Mutaki said on October 9, 2013 at 8:14 p.m.

That may be true, but you have to look at the fact the SNK Games are very similar to Capcom games, right down to the commands. Both sides had really great versions of the crossover scenario. But this is MK we're talking about. Yes, it is a 2d fighter, but it's a completely different feel. Plus it's hard to imagine Zangief getting his heart ripped out by Sub-Zero or Sakura Beating Kano until he's disembodied MK2 Brutality style. I'm usually an optimist when it comes to creativity, but I see it as near impossible to produce a game that can please both MK fans and SF fans the way CVS and SVC did for their respective fans.

Tensa said on October 9, 2013 at 8:18 p.m.

Please No BOON STAY AWAY

Spaulding said on October 9, 2013 at 8:18 p.m.
Hypermarth said on October 9, 2013 at 8:18 p.m.

Capcom should just let them do a version and sell them the rights... they need that money.

But I really think it's still a bad Idea.... NRS Clunky movements on SF Characters just isn't right.

TLLxUvA said on October 9, 2013 at 8:20 p.m.

Of course you can just replace fatalities with Bone Crushing supers. I mean all Akuma talks about is fighting to the death with Ryu.

applesandwieners said on October 9, 2013 at 8:20 p.m.

Mutaki said on October 9, 2013 at 8:21 p.m.

Clunky Movements = SFEX = No bueno

kaka said on October 9, 2013 at 8:23 p.m.

i wouldn't want to see this. i just can't picture the sf characters being all grimdark.

CaptainHowdy said on October 9, 2013 at 8:23 p.m.

This sounds horrible. Commercially it will sell, but these two franchises are worlds apart.

fighto2000 said on October 9, 2013 at 8:27 p.m.

Yes lets keep it as a dream because I wouldn't want to see it happen. The game won't sell, and then in a few month it will just be like mk9 collecting dust because no one will play it. If anything it will be worst then sfXtk.

StriderSpinel said on October 9, 2013 at 8:29 p.m.

that game already existed....TERRORDROME!

JustSTFU said on October 9, 2013 at 8:32 p.m.

Please no...

Gamogo said on October 9, 2013 at 8:34 p.m.

Ed Boon just went full retard.

If Capcom is considering cross-overs, their most respectable choice is with SNK again.

sarif2soon said on October 9, 2013 at 8:40 p.m.

Why is everyone looking at NRS' side? why not think of what Capcom would do with the MK characters?

hazelnut1112 said on October 9, 2013 at 8:42 p.m.

lol @ Super Slash Bros.
I think Capcom would maybe want to do this since they are on thin ice and having WB back both projects wouldn't seem like a bad idea.
Also hell yes to the whole slasher fighter, would be awesome to see something like that happen.

SoftShocks said on October 9, 2013 at 8:44 p.m.

I love both series so much, but it just wont work. MK is just too violent for SF, however, MK Vs KI, yes please.

perfume said on October 9, 2013 at 8:48 p.m.

Kwisatz_Haderach said on October 9, 2013 at 8:48 p.m.

NO! NO! NO! I love Street Fighter, but I wouldn't buy this. MK is juvenile crap made by a hack developer.

Go peddle your franchises to the guys making KI. Capcom is out of your league, Boon.

Galletano said on October 9, 2013 at 8:48 p.m.

I Definitely want to see that horror movie fighting game. The other idea sounds like a bad one, and generic.

uguumachine said on October 9, 2013 at 8:48 p.m.

"Capcom has 152 million in cash on hand, which is on the low side"
Stop repeating that. Capcom has no money worries and you don't seem to have any understanding how the funding of games work.

A slasher movie game would be better suited for Boon&co anyways. He can go through the WB archives and get some good monster movies.

Smorgasboard said on October 9, 2013 at 8:53 p.m.

I'd go with Arksys or Shounen Jump before going with SNK.

REItheBLOODEDGE said on October 9, 2013 at 8:54 p.m.

MK characters are nothing compared to the Master of First. Call me when Shao Kahn can shatter an entire island effortlessly with his fist.

Mike said on October 9, 2013 at 8:56 p.m.

That is a horrible idea. Street Fighter fans wouldn't play it because of the dumbed down gameplay and lack of a general SF style of play (footsies, whiff punishes, etc) and MK fans would complain about there being no blood and weak fatalities. No one wins.

ryuhayabusa13 said on October 9, 2013 at 8:59 p.m.

I don't think Capcom would let Wb netherrealm to do fatalities on their characters. I mean the closest thing on capcom side is raging demon, but would be intersting to see.

SeMi_AuTo said on October 9, 2013 at 8:59 p.m.

After all these years this still comes up. This is the kind of stuff you would bring up with your boys in high school back in the 90's. It was "What if they made an SF vs MK game?" You got same responses then you get now. It would be interesting. But the worlds are so different how would it work. Would you have MK characters doing fatalities on the SF cast? Would the SF characters have fatalities? Unless you do what they did in the game MK vs DC and toned down the violence. If you going to do it. Have the MK game be full of blood and gore. The Capcom version can be the non violent one. I would love to see it, just to see how it would turn out.........

TheUnHolyDarkth said on October 9, 2013 at 9:02 p.m.

MK vs DC proved enough that they can always tone down the gore so that it can still be comedic and fun. Also, wouldn't it be funny to see Scorpion pull a FRIENDSHIP on Ryu or a Babality on Ken, like the original Mortal Kombat trilogy which was both comedic and over-the-top insane? I don't think Mortal Kombat was dark at all until the jump to 3D turned the creator's thoughts upside down.

Some Matchups i would like to see if this does get made:

Ryu vs Liu Kang
Gouken vs Raiden
Dan vs Johnny Cage
Akuma vs Scorpion
M.Bison vs Shao Kahn
Chun-Li vs Kitana
Cammy vs Sonya
Zangief vs Kano
Blanka vs Baraka
Guile vs Stryker
Juri vs Mileena

Mike said on October 9, 2013 at 9:03 p.m.

Please enlighten everyone on your vast knowledge of the mainstream video game business and game funding.

FlexingBum said on October 9, 2013 at 9:08 p.m.

MK doesnt really have the distinct character designs that SF has, so it would look really weird having the two universes face off. I wouldnt really mind it as long as its not NRS developing it, since god knows they dont know how to develop a decent fighting game to save their lives

bigjbilly said on October 9, 2013 at 9:08 p.m.

It would probably sell really well because it would draw a lot of attention to the non fgc as well for obvious reasons. Probably wouldn't be that good honestly, and wouldn't last long on the scene.

Doctrine_Dark said on October 9, 2013 at 9:10 p.m.

Would much rather see a Marvel Vs DC or Capcom Vs DC fighting game. I'd be open to a Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter. It would be an interesting crossover to say the least.

soggytoast said on October 9, 2013 at 9:10 p.m.

At first I thought "ewww, this would never work".

But then thinking more about it, I think it would be cool to see a more gritty street fighter game, kind of like the animated movies.

They could bring both series closer to the middle. Street fighter would show a bit more blood and be a bit less cartoony. The derpy non-serious characters like Gief and Blanka are given more serious personas. And meanwhile on the MK side, the fighting styles are tweaked so that it's less of an anything-goes campy gorefest, and more about traditional fighting.

Shinkuu_Kikoken said on October 9, 2013 at 9:10 p.m.

I could fill you in on that.

And as for the idea, I wouldn't want it to happen. I never would like the SF characters being fatalitied, nor would I want the MK fatalities to have toned down violence like in MK vs DC.

Dude130 said on October 9, 2013 at 9:11 p.m.

I'd take a fighting game with horror movie icons beating each other to death.

HiryuMK said on October 9, 2013 at 9:12 p.m.

The only problem I see in a ''SF style'' crossover is the MK moveset, their teleport attacks will be a big advantage over the SF cast. They are pretty much fullscreen cross-up.

I don't know how they handled Scorpion's teleport in Injustice.

TrueGamingGuru said on October 9, 2013 at 9:14 p.m.

You know even if people don't want MK & SF to ever crossover... WHATS EVEN GOING TO STOP ED BOON FROM THINKING ABOUT MAKING THAT CROSSOVER HAPPEN? NOTHING!!! Ed Boon will have ideas that he would want to have a SF & MK game crossover, even if Capcom decides to say no to that idea. I don't see Ed Boon ever giving up about that crossover idea, he would want this game to happen until the day Ed Boon DIES.

I can understand that this crossover idea alone is bad idea in general from SF having animated, goofy, stereotypical characters and while MK having realism, blood & gore, and very dark characters.

But if this was a bad idea, heres a question why is it ok that Marvel & Capcom can crossover? Lets pretend that special VS. series never exist, what does SF & X-Men have in common? I would say NOTHING, because you got SF characters that throw fireballs, their more human (than X-Men), and their story is just a worldwide tournament held by mystery groups. While X-Men is a group of mutants that were mistreated by the humans, with unique abilities to each mutant, and their story is protecting the mutants & humans from Magneto or anyone else that poses a threat. Even certain Capcom titles & Marvel titles got nothing common between the two companies from certain series having different story/themes, different type of characters, & different abilities. But we got the MVC series that we all know & love it with a passion. So why can't it be done the same with SF & MK?

For people who say stuff like: "MK is much darker and about murder/death", "MK is nothing without fatalities", "I think it would be fatality-less", "MK is just too violent" the list goes on.

Do any of you even remember one of the DLC characters from Injustice Gods Among Us? You got Lobo, Batgirl, Zod, SCORPION!!! Scorpion is fighting Batman (FREAKING BATMAN!!!) and was also fighting Superman (SUPERMAN!!!!). Does Scorpion even do his Fatality in Injustice? NOOO!!!!! Why can't SF & MK be its own game without the Fatalities for once? If we got Fighters that are human & can throw fireballs fighting against a bunch of superheroes ranging from mutants, metal suits, demon from the underworld, & humanoid heroes to name a couple which is MVC series. Is there no reason for MK & SF even happen for once?

Ed Boon doesn't want Darkstalkers, doesn't want Resident Evil, doesn't want Killer Instinct. He wants Street Fighter!!!!

SF vs MK will still be an idea that Ed Boon wants, and NO ONE CAN STOP HIS IDEA! NOT EVEN CAPCOM! (even when Capcom doesn't approve the idea)

xShonuffx said on October 9, 2013 at 9:17 p.m.

It would make more sense if it was MK vs. Darkstalkers. I just don't see Street Fighter being the main crossover here.

Even Darkstalkers has had a form of fatalities in the game but they mainly was just cosmetic KO's rather than an intricate part of the fighting game engine.

MK vs DC EVERYONE would want it and I guess that means WB and DC is all for it on Boons side but Marvel and of course Capcom is just so stingy.

TrueGamingGuru said on October 9, 2013 at 9:27 p.m.

When was the last time that Capcom ever stayed Japanese? Could you even explain why certain titles like Resident Evil series, Dead Rising series, Lost Planet series, Remember Me, or DmC Devil May Cry were handled by Western-Based Teams?

When was the last time Capcom ever made a game that is based on their home country? Like Okami, Sengoku Basara, Onimusha, & even the Rock Man (Mega Man series for its anime-style) to name a few.

For Capcom-wise, that company has been moving away from its Japanese route from skipping Arcades (which is MVC3 & SFXT), not making many games based on Japanese culture anymore, & trying to appeal the Western Gamers soo hard to the point where part of the Japanese Gamers could be left out in order to meet sales like EA games & Activision games. (both gaming companies that made huge sales)

Mr_Rik0 said on October 9, 2013 at 9:28 p.m.

Please NO, thank you for your interest Boon but at least I don't want this crossover

FlexingBum said on October 9, 2013 at 9:28 p.m.

The MK universe and characters are not nearly as interesting as the Marvel or the Capcom universe. Its not as colourful or cheesy, and it takes itself way too serious.

Also, crossing MK with SF would either result in a really simple NRS style game with SF cameos (which would displease the SF crowd), or a more methodical complex cartoony Capcom style game (which would displease the MK crowd).

Nobody is saying Ed Boon doesnt have the right to want to cross the two franchises over, but it doesnt take away the fact that its a bad idea.

Shinkuu_Kikoken said on October 9, 2013 at 9:30 p.m.

Hmm you do have a point. Indeed the MvC games were very obscure, since the first game. Though only other worry I have would be the mechanics used for such crossovers, having played both MK and SF.

jme said on October 9, 2013 at 9:30 p.m.

valkerionseven said on October 9, 2013 at 9:31 p.m.

I'd be down for a cross over, if Capcom does it... or at least makes the base fighting engine. Boon's games are fun, but way to stiff for my tastes.

Mac_Gargan said on October 9, 2013 at 9:46 p.m.

If CAPCOM got the Eighting Team re-united, and MARVEL vs. DC was announced for Nextgen, my head would explode and money would shoot out.

Kalyx_triaD said on October 9, 2013 at 9:52 p.m.

I've had discussions with my buds over this, so I'll put my conclusions here:

Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter would sell, but we all know commercial viability isn't the end all of fighting games. It's about fan attachment and long term gameplay. People play fighting games that sold like crap for years, while fighters that sell well in the early going have had massive drop off. Commercial viability just isn't going to cut it alone, since fighting games aren't often annual, particularly crossover fighters with license issues that prevent it.

Also, for MK and SF to coexist, somebody's gonna have to get pissed.

- MK will have to deal with Capcom not wanting Ryu to kill somebody or Chun Li being killed on screen. This means a game where MK characters and MK presentation gets 'nerfed'. Case in point, MK vs DC.

- Conversely, we can have a game where the SF characters do get violent and Capcom fans will not like this. While people like Juri and Akuma would fit in terms of their character, nobody actually wants to see Sakura kick a hole in anybody's chest.

The games can't co-exist by their very nature. There are comments here that already pointed this out.

Moreover, we have to imagine the gameplay system. Now... I can imagine how a MKvsSF game would play with a gun to my head and being forced to come up with SOMETHING by launch. I can tell you right now I'd adhere to SF play style with MK elements for novelty effect (like, say, Scorpion's spear and Lui Kang's flying kick - things we can imagine working in SF's core gameplay). But this would not swoon MK purists, who will feel left out.

It would have to be a deal where both developers make their own version of the crossover (like the Cap/SNK and SF/TK crossovers), but that to me would be a wasteful gesture in the end, in the advent of next-gen consoles I would much rather see the next MK and SF installments. I imagine most fans on both sides (and people who like both) would rather that than a crossover that will yield polarized results.

That's all I have to say on the subject. I appreciate Boon's enthusiasm and I'm sure it would garner 'hype' sales but it would ultimately come off weird and wasteful.

TrueGamingGuru said on October 9, 2013 at 9:54 p.m.

@74 When it comes to MK & SF crossover project idea, there is really nothing set in stone. Just Ed Boon expressing his idea about a SF vs MK for (how many times he mentions it)? There is definitely no group on who will be making the project. But there can be a proper balance for SF & MK to crossover that could appeal both SF or MK fans, but the real question is what directions to take or to do something that isn't too MK & isn't too SF, making a perfect combinations.

But there was the part where Ed Boon's MKvsDC idea fell apart & was poorly executed, which eventually lead to Midway being bankrupted, and having MK to go back to 2D. (which part of the MK 3D wasn't as good compare to its 2D counterpart) The real question on is it a bad idea or not really boils down to making a proper balance to crossover, and its about execution.

@75 When it comes to mechanic-wise, part of both SF & MK actually uses the same mechanic which is 2D playstyle. (don't count MK 3D) Even MK 2011 would even uses EX moves like SFIII, & MK 2011 has a Meter like SF series. (MK even perform Supers which is X-Rays like SF) Part of the mechanics can almost play like both SF & MK, I think what separates SF & MK is actually controls. Part of SF controls are not as simple as MK down + forward & button, MK X-Ray would just 2 buttons while SF has certain movement with the joystick, & the blocking is different from MK just pressing block while SF is holding back (from either side). But there can be arrangements for control-wise. (look at Injustice)

FightDirty said on October 9, 2013 at 9:58 p.m.

Yeh MK x KI or MK x Darkstalkers would be much better.

MK x SF? No, just no.

Kuza21 said on October 9, 2013 at 9:59 p.m.

MK Vs. Darkstalkers sounds like a more fitting idea, seeing as Morrigan can get chopped in half by Jedah in the series.

HooliganComboFTW said on October 9, 2013 at 10:03 p.m.

The good alignment SF characters wouldn't have to kill their opponents. For some of you old cats out there, remember back in MK1 Lui Kang fatality didn't kill his opponent. He just did a couple butterfly kicks into a standing uppercut to knock the opponent out.

Also as much as I like SF, MK characters like Raiden and Scorpion would wipe the majority of them out free. Only characters that might give a challenge are Akuma/Evil Ryu/and Cody.

Raiden365 said on October 9, 2013 at 10:04 p.m.

What would be good so as to protect the integrity of both franchises is for Capcom and NetherRealm to simply collab on a new IP featuring all new characters that mesh the spirit of both companies.

HooliganComboFTW said on October 9, 2013 at 10:06 p.m.

By Cody I meant with his chains off. That mofo is tough at 100% serious that even gave Akuma a run for his money.

CubaNectie said on October 9, 2013 at 10:16 p.m.

I think it just wouldn't work with certain characters, for example Ryu. Evil Ryu perhaps but not "normal" Ryu.

and if they did a MK game without fatalities, it wouldn't be MK. What I'm trying to say is in the SF universe, there's just too few persons who'd be ready to kill someone.

RandomSelectMaster said on October 9, 2013 at 10:20 p.m.

Eventhough NRS is successful in their own right, I am starting to wonder if this is a way to "see how" Capcom codes their fighters. NRS games are not as smooth as Capcoms, and to be able to work together on a game, he will be on the 'inside' with a maker of a fighting game that created this community... Yes, if it weren't for Street Fighter 2, Fighting games would probably not be a genre of gaming.

Who knows, but if this game ever gets made... from both sides, I would love to see how it turns out... Next Gen and a new fighter!

McAl said on October 9, 2013 at 10:20 p.m.

Besides the fatality issue I think Capcom would rather their characters animations look professionally done. The character animations in IGAU and the MK series are choppy and looks cheap imo.

GenSoHotSpicy said on October 9, 2013 at 10:24 p.m.

Although a MKvSF crossover would be the fastest selling FG of all time, I would hate for the seriousness of MK be plagued by the cheesy/ugly characters who are from the Street Fighter series.

I would love doing gruesome fatalities to most of the SF cast because how much I loathe their appearances and horrible backstories.

GenSoHotSpicy said on October 9, 2013 at 10:27 p.m.

DCvMarvel would be the hypest game ever. And I'd prefer playing NRS's version of the game because I'm sure Capcom's game would resemble the blended skittles vomit playstyle that is the VS series.

DOOMSDAY15RUS said on October 9, 2013 at 10:31 p.m.

DC vs MARVEL

Eternal said on October 9, 2013 at 10:33 p.m.

Also, Oni, Oro, True Bison, Shin Gouken, and Gill.

That said, the storyline strength of characters really doesn't factor into how they would play or even how the storyline plays out.

ridgezero said on October 9, 2013 at 10:43 p.m.

Yup I would be totally for MK vs KI. Yeah Boon needs to look at Dark stalkers if he wants a cross over.
Capcom needs to talk to SNK again though and make some magic there.

h1tm0nl33 said on October 9, 2013 at 10:45 p.m.

Capcom with only one-hundred something million in the bank would be plum retarded not to see that regardless of how this turns out from a gameplay standpoint that MK vs SF would be easy money made.

SqueakyBloom said on October 9, 2013 at 10:49 p.m.

People ask for MK vs KI yet they fail to realize it will be exclusive... And more than likely be the least sold and played MK game to date.

h1tm0nl33 said on October 9, 2013 at 10:52 p.m.

PREACH BROTHA!!!!!

HASJ said on October 9, 2013 at 10:58 p.m.

MKvsSF would be cool.
Rather see ASWvsCAPCOM (SFvsGG/BB)

AugustAPC said on October 9, 2013 at 10:59 p.m.

MK vs SF would be awesome. They'd have to cut fatalities, but finishers could still be in.

Regardless, this is definitely something Capcom should consider. Capcom isn't financially secure atm, and the title of "MK vs SF" alone would rake in the dollars.

As for the idea of a horror movie fighting game. I think that'd be awesome. I'm a huge fan of horror/slashers and the characters are very iconic. I'm not sure NRS needs a third fighting game franchise on their hands... but should they decide to take it one on, this IP would get my vote.

Suppi said on October 9, 2013 at 11:29 p.m.

i hope capcom-senpai notices me.

Snow said on October 9, 2013 at 11:39 p.m.

As long as NRS aren't the ones making it, and Cashcom don't pay too much attention to the "mechanics" of MK and instead do a full Street Fighter interpretation and implementation of the characters then yes I can see myself at least considering it.

Load more comments