Posted by DreamKing23
November 27, 2013 at 5:30 p.m. PST
First Killer Instinct patch expected to go live today - fixes unbreakable combo setup, achievement unlocks, and other bugs The first Killer Instinct patch on Xbox One is expected to go live today. This update addresses a few of the errors, and bugs that some players have been experiencing.

This patch comes as roughly a 3GB download, and you can find the list of fixes it will implement below, provided by Double Helix Games' community manager, FilthieRich.

-Marketplace fixes for Shadow Jago
*Both Jago and Shadow Jago unlocked achievements and fight titles properly.

-Fix for an unbreakable combo set up using instinct mode.
*After activating instinct mode, you will no longer be able to immediately AUTO-DOUBLE from the Instinct Cancel. Instead, players will now have to do an OPENER to continue their combo.

-Fix for several cases where users’ save data was getting reset

There are reports that some players have already downloaded this update, however, based on the information we have, it is unknown whether or not this is an automatic update or something you'll manually have to download.

If you've already acquired this update, feel free to let us know how you did so in the comments below.

Source: Double Helix Games' forums. Sent to us by TheTHCGamer.

Comments

SirRetro08 said on November 27, 2013 at 5:35 p.m.

Already? Didn't this game just came out? And that's a heavy patch.

Orichalkos said on November 27, 2013 at 5:38 p.m.

Rushed game is rushed.

princemurphy said on November 27, 2013 at 5:44 p.m.

It auto updated for me late last night

DangerousBacon said on November 27, 2013 at 5:44 p.m.

When do I get to go to the park?

DriftinGooner said on November 27, 2013 at 5:52 p.m.

None of my orchid achements will unlock !!

tidestick said on November 27, 2013 at 6:08 p.m.

3gb patch? Damn

nusense said on November 27, 2013 at 6:17 p.m.

Here come's the weebo play salves.

CaryKokujin said on November 27, 2013 at 6:20 p.m.

Patching is not as much a headache now like with last gen. Games will now have more frequent patches.

KCereal said on November 27, 2013 at 6:32 p.m.

Next Gen patches here we go. PogChamp

Chronoless said on November 27, 2013 at 6:47 p.m.

Patch is better than what Capcom would of done.... Force you to buy another addon just to patch.

HooliganComboFTW said on November 27, 2013 at 6:57 p.m.

Post-game release patches? Like that never happens before in other recent fighter games #Kappa

Bebopbeboprock said on November 27, 2013 at 8:25 p.m.

Yea I seen it but my xbone just started downloading which was kool but yea I was like y my auto double not working but a opener make sense it's not much difference just instead of hitting a button u must do a opener like a fireball forward or like glacius forward medium.

TheTHCGamer said on November 27, 2013 at 9:17 p.m.

That's funny coming from someone who probably hasn't even played the game. All games have glitches its up to the developer on how they soon they want to fix those bugs/glitches. Some developers want to fix those problems as soon as possible and others want to wait for more to arise to fix them all at once.

Welcome too gaming. The patch also could've been for adding the new characters that are going to be released soon information that DH probably wouldn't want to leak out at the moment. I agree with all of you that's a large patch which is why have my suspicions that its more than what was stated in the forums.

ProfessorLester said on November 27, 2013 at 9:18 p.m.

You cant predict or test every single little thing in a new game, even though Perfect Legend found that instinct bug a long time ago. Patches are great.

TheTHCGamer said on November 27, 2013 at 9:27 p.m.

Patches are great to an extent sometimes if not tested properly they can bring a whole new set of problems and one thing that comes to mind is the Rolento SFxT glitch where throwing a knife at a fireball froze the game.

Then i don't have to explain to all of you all the glitches that came with Injustice. So yea im glad KI got patched but id be lying if i was to say im not a little scared. Ive had game freeze on me a couple of times when my character was doing a winning pose.

I use Orchid by the way so im not going to sit here bashing a particular game or developer people just need to understand no game is perfect.

KingKong said on November 27, 2013 at 10:14 p.m.

3Gb for such a tiny amount of changes? What the hell is up with that

TheTHCGamer said on November 27, 2013 at 10:28 p.m.

That's why I have my suspicions that the patch wasn't just for those changes alone but they might not be able to tell us everything because they would end up possibly leaking upcoming DLC for the game. Just like a compatibility patch it could have something to do with the new characters that are being released in the next few months.

KingKong said on November 27, 2013 at 11:03 p.m.

Interesting. I assume there is no way to datamine the content of this patch...

xShonuffx said on November 27, 2013 at 11:34 p.m.

Don't make me create a list of Capcom games that also support your hypothesis.

TheTHCGamer said on November 27, 2013 at 11:42 p.m.

Id love to know this myself because I doubt the would need a 3GB patch just for those minor changes/fixes. Still it is nice to know that DH is working on fixing any problems with the game and are going to be making slight improvements to the gameplay when needed.

I just hope were not going to be seeing frequent gameplay patches like what we did with injustice because sometimes you just got to let a fighting game rock before you start tinkering with it. Im not against improved features though like implementing lobbies and a SF like replay system.

Id love to be able watch random replays from specific characters or to replays from certain player. Its just weird because I don't know why Microsoft has made things more private when it comes to other players.

For example why the hell cant I add people ive played against recently by just looing them up by who ive recently played and adding them? Microsoft needs to patch that feature back in and I hate to admit it however I kind of miss getting hate mail.

One thing that was annoying was having to search in settings for a mute feature because I hate having people rage and scream out of my tv speakers. I did find it though and im having a lot less distractions now that I don't have to here certain people.

Don't get me wrong there was some cool ass people saying the usual good game but those few people who I don't want to hear screaming into Kinect ruin it for me. Im not saying im a perfect person were talking about fighting games anyone who says they don't get salty when they lose is full of s***.

There are times when I say to myself good s*** your good. Whatever the case im not going to be screaming into mic at my opponent or for that case Kinect. I don't want my family hearing any stupid venting but my own lol.

I also feel the same way im not about to scream at my opponent so his family thinks whos that idiot screaming at you? Not to say it isnt funny when your with your friends or when your friends hear those people making assess of themselves.

Talking a little (or a lot) of smack amongst friends is the best though.

Sasuga said on November 28, 2013 at 12:06 a.m.

Oh, shut up.

JRXP2011 said on November 28, 2013 at 5:01 a.m.

I got the update yesterday 11/27, at around 6:30am EST. I went to play a match before heading to work and guess what? Nope. KI needs to be updated, so I let it do it's thing.

Big ups to DH for making this game. It is so much fun to play, and the netcode is as smooth as a babys butt.

shoryuken78 said on November 28, 2013 at 6:38 a.m.

likewoah said on November 28, 2013 at 6:57 a.m.

It seems like you're confusing Shadow Jago with Jago.

It isn't anymore "trying so hard to be cool" than Evil Ryu or Orochi Iori.

DontTaseMeBro said on November 28, 2013 at 7:29 a.m.

You aren't kidding man. I played this game (Also the first Xbox One game I ever played) last night at one of our local gatherings in San Antonio. And I was like WTF are the Fatalities/Show No Mercies? Telling me they aren't out yet, and that there's only like 6 or 8 characters right now.

BUT, at least unlike Capcom, they are going to give everything to us patched into the game for free instead of charging us 20 dollars for character's ALREADY done and ready to go on the Xbox 360 disc like Street Fighter X Tekken.

TheTHCGamer said on November 28, 2013 at 11:37 a.m.

Exactly.

Kenshiro said on November 28, 2013 at 2:25 p.m.

I really want MK to crossover with KI.

And for your insolence I hope it happens even faster.

Halos said on November 28, 2013 at 7:01 p.m.

I got this update about 2 or 3 days ago and yea it was 3GB, it also fixes the annoying issue where every time you went to the store it would default you to where you buy characters and now it defaults you back to the last section of the store you visited.

Halos said on November 28, 2013 at 7:20 p.m.

you guys forget we're technically playing a "Beta". the game was made in under a year, it only has 6 characters so far, we don't have alot of things the old KI games had like arcade mode, and finishers for example. i dont get why people are surprised its getting updates so early when the game won't even probably be 40% done in march when fulgore is released. games normally take atleast 2 years to make and test, ect. and like i said before the current build of the game was made in 7 to 9 months.

mcfizzle said on November 29, 2013 at 5:46 a.m.

3 jigga what?! That's a whole new build on the game not a patch.

Halos said on November 29, 2013 at 9:59 a.m.

lmao, you realize a game has to be patched for there to be a new build right? its known as a different build cuz the game has been updated and things have been changed from the previous build