Posted by Nicholas 'MajinTenshinhan' Taylor • November 21, 2013 at 8:46 a.m. PST
BlazBlue: Chronophantasma, Kokonoe scary corner unblockables against several cast members, escape options for the rest In a recent video posted by Light Dash, we get shown of some really nasty corner unblockables that Kokonoe is capable of in the newly released BlazBlue: Chronophantasma.

It's not just that, though, but the video also shows what options you have for the characters that can escape this setup. The list of characters who have no choice but to take the damage is as follows: Bullet, Kagura, Noel, Rachel, Ragna, Relius, Taokaka, V-13 and Valkenhayn.

Hit the jump to check out the video.

Comments

Ermapume said on November 21, 2013 at 9:06 a.m.

Nice to see some Kokonoe gameplay. Looks fairly technical. But that didn't stop me from playing Arakune.

uguumachine said on November 21, 2013 at 9:12 a.m.

I wish people would stop putting horrible music on videos like this. Why do we have to suffer for their terrible music taste?

tortoos said on November 21, 2013 at 9:24 a.m.

This is not quite correct. I know rachel can escape quite easily if she uses her drive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSpzsZ...

In addition, valkenhayn can also escape. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92Y4A8...

Just because this guy couldn't figure it out doesn't mean it isn't possible.

tortoos said on November 21, 2013 at 9:30 a.m.

Weird. the Link for the valkenhayn escape freaked out. Regardless, my claim stands.

ChipsLight said on November 21, 2013 at 9:30 a.m.

Kokonoe is broken since Day One.

Abbadon36 said on November 21, 2013 at 9:54 a.m.

Still don't give a damn! Playing Kokonoe all day! Wanted to play as her from the start.

TheTHCGamer said on November 21, 2013 at 10:31 a.m.

Kinda agree she's strong with little effort needed.

Deceptimike said on November 21, 2013 at 10:40 a.m.

Lol, what an appropriate opening to the video.

I will admit that fighting a good Kokonoe is quite demoralizing. Did I say demoralizing? I meant near impossible :p

Eye_of_Orochi said on November 21, 2013 at 11:16 a.m.

Great, this means she'll be nerfed into the ground before she even hits consoles.

TheTHCGamer said on November 21, 2013 at 11:25 a.m.

She has hit consoles most of us that were interested in the game already imported the game and downloaded kokonoe. The first time I jumped into training mode with her I was like are you f***ing serious she can do that much damage with hardly any effort.

By the way just buy Hong Kong playstation points and have it sent to your email. The Hong Kong store menu can be put in English but almost everything with the exception of character voice is in Japanese. Best BB game yet in my opinion.

hanyuun said on November 21, 2013 at 12:54 p.m.

She is console exclusive character right now and wasn't tested in arcades before.

Chrisuchiwa said on November 21, 2013 at 2:43 p.m.

Kokonoe is a more brainless Vergil than Xfactor level 3 of Vergil. She does a lot of damage but that Black hole super is so stupid, I don't even know the reason they did that. Arckys just f.cked their own game and players. A super that have more than 100 frames of invincibility, you can do ridiculous after because it doesn't scale damage.
For she is top tier but that super is the most ridiculous super I ever seen in my life

The only I can escape it when I am using Relius is to super Ignis animation so that I will only take 1200 dmg and Ignis will her after her invincibility. However I have to time it right.

Eye_of_Orochi said on November 21, 2013 at 4:50 p.m.

@ 10

Thanks for the info, I was uninformed.

@ 11

Oh yeah you're right, thanks for the correction! I say nerf her a little but still keep her at demigod status :) if she's too ridiculous of course I wouldn't want her to stay that way, sorry if seemed that I implied that.

Dark_Obliske said on November 21, 2013 at 8:27 p.m.

arc didnt f*ck over their own game and playera,kokonoe is really strong but shes not unbeatable.they're ways of getting around it and you can punish her after

Gemakai said on November 23, 2013 at 8:18 a.m.

Why couldn't Noel just do the same type of escape that Litchi did? That is to say, wait for the trap to trigger, roll forward and run?