Fulgore leaked as final Season 1 character in Killer Instinct, Pin Ultimate Edition image shows name listed

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • November 4, 2013 at 1:16 p.m. PST
Earlier this morning, Penny Arcade posted an article that gives us a better look at the upcoming Killer Instinct Pin Ultimate Edition. One of the images showing the display box opened up, has leaked that Fulgore will be the final character in Season 1.

Fulgore's name is listed adjacent to the recently announced Spinal in the Pin Ultimate Edition, and you can check out the image here. We added an arrow pointing to the name as a visual aid.

Click image for larger version

Hit the jump for the full scoop.

It was reported that Penny Arcade had originally uploaded the above photo into their story, but quickly took it down, and reposted it, adding a "Top Secret" box covering the name. You can see the image below.

Click image for larger version

There is yet to be an official confirmation on Fulgore's addition to Season 1 of Killer Instinct, but if the above image is any indication, it looks like everyone's favorite Predator-esque robot is making a return to the KI stage.

Tip sent in by Old Scratch.

Comments

Lordd_G said on November 4, 2013 at 1:20 p.m.

My d!ck is hardening...

SweetJohnnyCage said on November 4, 2013 at 1:20 p.m.

Hahahah Penny Arcade blowing it up!

VxGEmpCollude said on November 4, 2013 at 1:21 p.m.

Idk if i'd go as far as to call Fulgore my "favorite" Predator-esque robot but he's definitely in my Top 10 for sure.

RedEther said on November 4, 2013 at 1:22 p.m.

What a blowup.

StarWolf27 said on November 4, 2013 at 1:23 p.m.

Cant say We didnt see this coming...It is Fulgore after all...Im still hyped off of how good Orchid looks so lets move on to season 2 characters shall we

Aluppoj said on November 4, 2013 at 1:25 p.m.

Gross.

megabite10164 said on November 4, 2013 at 1:26 p.m.

Hot Story Breaks by Event Hubz

dugthefreshest said on November 4, 2013 at 1:28 p.m.

ill buy it once combo is announced.

sebmaq said on November 4, 2013 at 1:30 p.m.

Ma Boy!

HyperGadoken said on November 4, 2013 at 1:38 p.m.

i hope this game doesn't make enough money so that there's no season 2. not even having the original roster in this update is really stupid for the concept of a reboot. We could have had Combo or Cinder instead of Serena.Injustice is bonk too, all their DLC production is finished and we don't even get DLC costumes for Black Adam or Sinestro. I hate digital content, just work on the game for extra months and delay the release.

IMainDanHibiki said on November 4, 2013 at 1:39 p.m.

Here's a thought.

Support it and you'll have all the original characters.

AND

in the future. Stop whining.

TwoDogKnight said on November 4, 2013 at 1:40 p.m.

Here's another thought

Shut your face.

HyperGadoken said on November 4, 2013 at 1:41 p.m.

i supported Injustice and MVC. It's not gonna happen

MuMuGuy said on November 4, 2013 at 1:49 p.m.

How immature...

MuMuGuy said on November 4, 2013 at 1:52 p.m.

Although I never really cared for a few of the classic KI characters, I can understand your point about how disappointed some people would be by the absence of some of their favorite characters. I personally have no problem with Sadira because new designs are a way to do an actual reboot of the series.

I definitely agree with you on how NRS screwed the pooch with the DLC in Injustice. It's lame that some characters like Wonder Woman have 6+ costumes while Black Adam, Killer Frost, and Sinestro still have only 2 costumes and all the DLC characters except Zod have only 1 costume.

What I would've liked in Injustice are a couple more DLC stages since there are basically 2 versions of Wayne Manor and Arkham Asylum. Having 2 versions of the same stage is almost as lazy as Namco having 3 mimic characters in Soul Calibur 5.

CaryKokujin said on November 4, 2013 at 1:55 p.m.

Doesn't like the lack of characters but doesn't want there to be a second season with more characters. And they say gamers today are entitled.

SgtKonus said on November 4, 2013 at 2:06 p.m.

Friend, people can lose there jobs if this game doesn't make enough. While you may not like the product, please don't wish the creators and developers any ill will.

This is an unexpected surprise. I can't wait to see Fulgore.

rlt4life said on November 4, 2013 at 2:08 p.m.

You know, theres a filter on this site if you really don't have the self control to resist clicking on articles on games you clearly don't like. How about using it?

TwoDogKnight said on November 4, 2013 at 2:23 p.m.

DH must be pretty pissed off at penny arcade right about now.

And, when did penny arcade become anything other than an online comic strip? Where have I been? Lol.

badjab326 said on November 4, 2013 at 2:42 p.m.

Double Helix is doing a good job, if it weren't for Microsoft being such asses all the time, I might actually be hype for this.

BigFleccs said on November 4, 2013 at 2:59 p.m.

ill think about it when the game is fully done.

ReddChief said on November 4, 2013 at 3:03 p.m.

I would be shocked if this game makes it to season 2 and pay the Xbots no mind don't support this crap doing so only means what they did to this game was ok and continue doing it

I wouldn't want nobody to lose their job but when you screw up your job over and over and over YOU GET FIRED how about doing the job right and you won't have to worry about that but far as this knockoff it's too late this game is DOA and deserves to be you either do it right or not at all this is KILLER INSTINCT not some side project PC fighter

likewoah said on November 4, 2013 at 3:11 p.m.

Did you support Street Fighter IV too, when they made you repurchase the same game multiple times to get more characters?

BucketheadZ06 said on November 4, 2013 at 3:17 p.m.

How about an order of Wah-Burgers and French Cries with your constant bickering?

RomeMc said on November 4, 2013 at 3:24 p.m.

I notice your always in the Killer Instinct articles whining and hating. Man just come out and say you like the game and want to play it. No need to get into every KI article wit all the "hate". People see through your rants

F_Groove said on November 4, 2013 at 3:29 p.m.

Fulgore, f*** yeah.

I really hope he has some sweet looking transformation animations during fights, somewhat like Sentinel's in MvC3 during his fights.

AugustAPC said on November 4, 2013 at 3:30 p.m.

Welp, there goes my theory that they were saving him as a heavy hitter for season 2. Can't wait to see him!

IMainDanHibiki said on November 4, 2013 at 3:32 p.m.

I have never been able to understand your incessant rants. Sergio_Reyes gives more arguments that make sense than you do.

Seriously, if you don't like KI, put the filter on and deal with it. I'll not be surprised when you end up banned.

BlitzN said on November 4, 2013 at 3:34 p.m.

I can't wait to see the design of fulgore:) with how they've updated the visuals so far I'm digging the hyper detailed looks.

And yes to the complainers on the board. You're here because you want to be here, this game is going to happen with or without you. So stop punishing yourself and just admit you want it and enjoy it.

swordsman09 said on November 4, 2013 at 3:39 p.m.

I'll agree with Max and say that it's the way it is because Microsoft wanted to push KI out the door as the Xbone fighting game on release day. If they had more time to work on it, they could put everyone in.

likewoah said on November 4, 2013 at 3:41 p.m.

I see...

So in other words, Ono should have been fired after he made Capcom Fighting Jam.

...and then later after he made Street Fighter X Tekken.

papertokyo said on November 4, 2013 at 3:41 p.m.

Why isn't reddchief banned yet?

JRXP2011 said on November 4, 2013 at 3:43 p.m.

Yeah baby! I'm so hype!!! I was expecting Fulgore for next season. Lets see what they do with the design.

courte said on November 4, 2013 at 3:54 p.m.

i'm upset more people aren't talking about combo and riptor? c'mon internet

LUTank said on November 4, 2013 at 3:58 p.m.

haha this guy is so salty. This game will get to season 2 haha. pros are loving this game.

TheTHCGamer said on November 4, 2013 at 3:59 p.m.

Stop responding to trolls and haters games going to be great.

GodzOfTheArenaTV said on November 4, 2013 at 4 p.m.

Looks like our friend TJ Combo won't be in until Season2

TrueGamingGuru said on November 4, 2013 at 4:04 p.m.

HyperGadoken: Parts of your comment is nothing more than a childish brat always complaining that everything should be the same or expect things to be like this based on what the child wants, and does nothing more than throw a tantrum rather than either accept the game for what it is or use that news filter that Eventhubs gladly place it for the so called gamers that clings to the past based on necessary redesign. (since part of the 90s looks are nothing more than outdated for the year 2013)

Part of your comment: "i hope this game doesn't make enough money so that there's no season 2." It also proves that you have no respect to the people who put their effort into this game, this is looking better than what Rare alone would've ever done for Killer Instinct.

Heck I have my problems with TTT2, based on things that TTT2 didn't good enough and I have feelings that TTT2 just isn't the perfect fighter game. (although nobody is perfect) Even I feel that TTT2 just isn't the best fighter game of 2012, despite parts of their gameplay is really solid. (with minor flaws for gameplay wise) But I wouldn't want Harada or the Tekken Team to lose their jobs based on something that TTT2 didn't executed from certain content from the console releases, and I hope for improvements for the PS4/Xbox One/Wii U era. for the next Tekken games.

"We could have had Combo or Cinder instead of Serena." If all you care about is characters not gameplay, then you have a serious problem. Look having the original characters is nice and all, but heres the thing Microsoft wanted KI to be a launch title not giving Double Helix enough time to include everything. Double Helix is more on focusing on gameplay over content in order to follow Microsoft's rule, having more characters would've cause problems with the gameplay when it comes to balancing & tweaking. Heres the thing this why the Season downloads were made just so Double Helix can deliver more characters & add content later on in the future. Having new characters like Sadira isn't going to effect anything when it comes to adding original KI characters, we even got Chief Thunder, (who hasn't appeared in KI2) so whats even going to prevent TJ Combo or Cinder to even return?

Rye_Aka_SekaiSenshi said on November 4, 2013 at 4:06 p.m.

Was pretty obvious it was Fulgore. Was already announced a long time ago but never officially shown off. Next season will have Cinder come out probably first.

TrueGamingGuru said on November 4, 2013 at 4:06 p.m.

"I hate digital content, just work on the game for extra months and delay the release." That's not how the gaming industries works in this generation, if Double Helix had more time we would've got more characters than 6. But because of Microsoft, having extra months of development will give Microsoft an problem & having delay the release, Microsoft could just flat out cancel the game if things don't go their way. Look what happen to Sonic X-Treme, SEGA wanted this game to launch at Christmas giving the development teams nothing but problems and when it didn't make in time for Christmas, the game was cancelled.

Lets face it you don't care about Killer Instinct enough nor have the passion to accept it for what it is, and maybe you would be better off leaving KI alone & forget about your childhood memories. Just go and support your MVC3 & Injustice, just don't bother crying over little details & say bad stuff about KI and its developers.

PS. Killer Instinct is actually a sequel than a reboot, I know part of the reasons.

Eye_of_Orochi said on November 4, 2013 at 4:11 p.m.

Well, now I have to get this game. I've finally been sold.

EasyBucketz said on November 4, 2013 at 4:15 p.m.

Glad that Fulgore's in there but pretty annoyed at Penny Arcade for ruining the surprise. What idiots.

aridarron said on November 4, 2013 at 4:42 p.m.

It makes sense that Fulgore would be the 1st boss, if that's the way it's planned, I just wanna hear a PC port announcement now

NoizyChild said on November 4, 2013 at 4:51 p.m.

My man.

**brofists**

BlitzN said on November 4, 2013 at 4:51 p.m.

And I want a million dollars... How's it feel to want?

NoizyChild said on November 4, 2013 at 4:52 p.m.

We know he'll show up in Season 2.

I'm good with Jago and Thunder until then.

Gotomaster said on November 4, 2013 at 4:59 p.m.

Finally, a character reveal I am psyched for.

AugustAPC said on November 4, 2013 at 5:03 p.m.

Does anyone yet if this version comes with the green game case along with the pin display?

HiryuMK said on November 4, 2013 at 5:06 p.m.

So you guys hated SFxTK's DLC characters but fully support Killer Instinct having DLC characters? Hypocrites...

likewoah said on November 4, 2013 at 5:20 p.m.

How is this in any way comparable to having to pay for locked content already on the disc after the customer has already paid full price for the game?

EX35 said on November 4, 2013 at 5:27 p.m.

There's a difference. The DLC characters for SFxTK were already on the disc. People got pissed off because of that. DLC became "Disc Locked Content" when that whole thing happened. The DLC characters for KI is still in the works and will be released when done. Also, if you get the $20 version of the game, you can sign up for their beta program to try out future characters early and put in your input to see how they will fare when they get released for the masses. Like what Skullgirls did for the PC version before Squigly was released.

As for Fulgore, I didn't use him much in the original KIs, but I'm glad the game's poster boy is back. That's like saying Street Fighter without Ryu or MK without Scorpion.

GodPride said on November 4, 2013 at 5:35 p.m.

I never understood this mindset for character reveals. lol I can only dream for USF4's 5th character to be leaked already.

MatchFixah said on November 4, 2013 at 5:41 p.m.

Yes! finally! now all i need is TJ Combo and i won't need anyone else! riptor can suck dinosaur dick!

Pachendrix said on November 4, 2013 at 6:50 p.m.

I wonder where are all those who almost insulted me when I said Fulgore was 100% confirmed as the last character. He's been the poster boy for KI since day one, how anyone believed he was going to be left out is beyond me.

Imonk036 said on November 4, 2013 at 6:55 p.m.

The real question is how many characters are to be release for season one since Spinal is the next character to be trailer, but Fulgore is rumored??

NoizyChild said on November 4, 2013 at 7:01 p.m.

8 characters per season.

SoftShocks said on November 4, 2013 at 7:22 p.m.

What an answer

TickleMaster said on November 4, 2013 at 7:29 p.m.

i knew it max has been yapping non stop about fulgore. he breifly mentioned tj and cinder too id put money down they are confirmed

xShonuffx said on November 4, 2013 at 8:04 p.m.

Fulgor is actually kind of a boss character that is a playable character. Kind of like how Vega, Balrog, and Sagat is to street fighter. Im curious to see who the cheap final boss is gonna be.

Focusflute said on November 4, 2013 at 8:41 p.m.

I love the hater getting bombs dropped on him! It just shows what passion the KI community really has for this game! I hope everyone stays with the game for the long haul and that KI doesn't get dropped 3 months after it comes out like other fighters.

I had the fortune to play it at an Xbox One event in Dallas. This game seriously blew me away.

JMJ_X said on November 4, 2013 at 8:41 p.m.

How? How is microsoft being asses? At least explain why they are asses except of blindly accusing them of being asses. People among me would like too know. LOL speak your mind playa!

HyperViperNZ said on November 4, 2013 at 9:25 p.m.

what a shockingly unexpected surprise!

HyperViperNZ said on November 4, 2013 at 9:31 p.m.

*Sadira. The hell is Sarena?

Sage_Liebert said on November 4, 2013 at 9:50 p.m.

T.J. Combo
Cinder
Maya
Tusk
New Character

gammabolt17 said on November 4, 2013 at 9:51 p.m.

Please bring the weird sound effects back!!!! He sounded so funny when getting combo'd lol

"Sergio_Reyes gives more arguments that make sense than you do."

One of the single greatest things I have ever read.

^ If we get "wish he was as cool as Thunder" ass Tusk and no Riptor I'mma cry

EasyBucketz said on November 4, 2013 at 10:26 p.m.

Maybe because Killer Instinct doesn't have DLC characters. Anyone paying $20 for the full game gets all eight of the characters included in Season One.

Kind of amazing that we're months into the game's announcement and there are still people out there who don't comprehend the game's pricing model.

Alltimefox said on November 4, 2013 at 10:30 p.m.

Whoa

tokyobassist said on November 4, 2013 at 11:13 p.m.

Why are people jumping on ReddChief for having an opinion. That's pretty one sided that you guys are allowed to praise the game but he can't express his grievances.

Also I'm kind of surprised Fulgore is a Season 1 character. I guess they lost faith in the game's lifespan among the mass market (i.e. not the FGC) pass the initial release so they are probably going to target the second season towards fan favorites like Cinder and T.J. Combo. I can also see a bigger batch of newer characters the second time around too.

Warbooze said on November 4, 2013 at 11:17 p.m.

really ....
no cinder no buy

gammabolt17 said on November 4, 2013 at 11:24 p.m.

I assume this is the only ReddChief comment you've ever read...

BladeStunner said on November 5, 2013 at 1:12 a.m.

Double Helix messed up. They've gone all-in on season one. Microsoft probably pushed DH to launch with all best characters at once to sell most Xbox One's as possible. But this will ruin KI's liveability. Not interesting enough to keep making characters imo. I'll probably buy Cinder for $5, but that's it. The return on investment will be disappointing and we'll never see season 3. I'm sad right now... I hope I'm wrong

Sasuga said on November 5, 2013 at 4:06 a.m.

I think they did good with the characters. Lots of classic characters and an interesting new one. Save KI2 characters and a few others like Cinder for later. The current cast is sure to get the attention of a lot of different kinds of FG players.

Sasuga said on November 5, 2013 at 4:07 a.m.

He and Spinal both were bosses exactly like Balrog, Sagat and Vega in the original installments.

RonaldRogan said on November 5, 2013 at 4:17 a.m.

This game looks awesome... but I just can't see how 8 characters is an acceptable launch, under any post-1990s condition.

I mean, what if SF4 launched with 8 characters?

bigfellr said on November 5, 2013 at 5:14 a.m.

I knew fulgore would be the last.

Still bummed about combo and tusk not making it, but I'ma keep my head up.
C'mon Double helix.

Out of no where announce another 6 additional characters.

Kawalorn said on November 5, 2013 at 7:25 a.m.

We already know there will be 8 more. You just have to wait till season 2. :P

bigfellr said on November 5, 2013 at 8:28 a.m.

That's next year.

Funny thing about this is, These were not my characters i used.
I used tusk, combo, maya, fulgore and Kim lol. I'm jst bad luck.

Oh well atleast fulgore is in.

TrueGamingGuru said on November 5, 2013 at 9:32 a.m.

To be honest, the number of characters don't make gameplay. For Killer Instinct situation, Microsoft wanted this game to be a launch title along with the other genres. There are times we have to accept this game having 8 characters at launch since Double Helix are focusing on what is more important than a huge numbers of characters, which is gameplay. If Killer Instinct wasn't a launch title, we would've gotten more characters at launch. Part of your problem with the limited launch characters has to with Microsoft's demands of getting this game out with no delays & no extra time, it had to be released the same day as the Xbox One gets launch.

Third Party Companies have way more freedom when it comes to release date & set number of characters at launch, since Killer Instinct has always been part of the First Party Company from Nintendo (KI1-KI2) to Microsoft (KI3 plus KI1-KI2) this is what to expect with limited freedom and not enough time to release the full characters.

Endless_X_Chaos said on November 5, 2013 at 10:22 a.m.

Combo, cinder, Tusk. then ill buy an xbone.

Yaksha said on November 5, 2013 at 11:54 a.m.

Yessss that's my boy ^^

GodPride said on November 5, 2013 at 1:07 p.m.

That's fine if 8 characters is acceptable to you but don't use gameplay as though other fighting games haven't offered more gameplay diversity than KI's 6 characters. I say 6 because Orchid hasn't yet shown anything that would make her gameplay distinctive from the rest of the cast and we haven't seen anything from Spinal yet.

EasyBucketz said on November 5, 2013 at 2:10 p.m.

It would have cost $20?

TrueGamingGuru said on November 5, 2013 at 4:02 p.m.

@GodPride: I'm not saying that just out of saying having small numbers is acceptable, heres the thing Killer Instinct began its development since Sep. 2012 which at the same month that Microsoft publicly renewal the KI trademark, which then Microsoft wants Killer Instinct to be a Xbox One exclusive, and wanted Killer Instinct to be released at Nov. 22 2013 the same day as the Xbox One giving Double Helix not enough time to include everything.

Creating a character model takes a lot of time from creating animations, details, playstyle, & extra programming. Like I said if Double Helix had more time & Microsoft didn't make KI a launch title we would've gotten more characters.

@GreedyMcGurgleburg: I know its 6 at launch (pardon me), its just Ronald said "8 characters launch" which I just mostly responding part of the comment he just typed. I know you get 6 characters at start with the bundles that you get the 2 characters early.

I can't blame them either for wanting more characters & wanting a complete game, the ones we'll have to blame is Microsoft for its demands as a launch title.

MrNova749 said on November 5, 2013 at 5:33 p.m.

didn't I just play you the other day?

BladeStunner said on November 6, 2013 at 7:02 a.m.

I'd pay $20 for Fulgore alone!!

MrNova749 said on November 6, 2013 at 9:24 a.m.

I can't believe you're complaining....OVER A GAME THAT IS $20 DOLLARS!