Hi-res screen shots of Mortal Kombat 9 Komplete Edition on PC

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • May 25, 2013 at 7:27 p.m. PDT
To coincide with the recent announcement that Mortal Kombat 9 Komplete Edition will be making its way to PC, Warner Bros. released two screen shots of the game in action. This is the first glimpse we have seen of the PC port since it was unveiled a few days ago.

Mortal Kombat 9 Komplete Edition on PC will be available as a digital download on July 3. The physical, retail version of the game will hit stores on August 2 in Europe and August 6 in North America.

Click images for larger versions

How do you feel the PC port looks in comparison to the console versions? Let us know in the comments below.

Via Destructoid.

Comments

pakoito said on May 25, 2013 at 7:37 p.m.

Did somebody photoshop those? Sub-zero is all face-pixelated on the second shot.

dugthefreshest said on May 25, 2013 at 7:39 p.m.

interesting observation.

yes4me said on May 25, 2013 at 8 p.m.

I don't mind to buy it. It is a been a long time since I tried MK1

Liberator said on May 25, 2013 at 8:08 p.m.

The best thing about this edition is that it already comes with all the fancy DLC stuff, that you had to buy by small chunks one by one on the consoles, not to mention Vita exclusive content, that weren't available on consoles but will be included in Komplete Edition of PC version! Just about time PC platform get some respect!

fgclolz said on May 25, 2013 at 8:24 p.m.

^ AFAIK none of the Vita stuff is making it into PC.

xfunky_sitarx said on May 25, 2013 at 8:36 p.m.

Great! I will buy it. Hope they will release Unjustice too.

bojack13 said on May 25, 2013 at 8:51 p.m.

I'm glad NRS is putting a fighter on the PC finally but why couldn't it have been Injustice?

PaulR said on May 25, 2013 at 8:52 p.m.

@ #1 It looks like aliasing to me. Graphics don't really look all that different from the console versions. Hopefully we get a good port, the last game High Voltage did for the PC was like 2005.

Eternal said on May 25, 2013 at 8:53 p.m.

Looks good, I think the big key is the PRICE. If they expect people to pay $49.99 or $59.99 for a port of a game that came out 2 years ago with no NEW content then I think it wont sell that great (esp given the niche market of fighting games which is growing on PC but still smaller than consoles by far.)

At $29.99 I think they got a good chance of selling well. Especially if they have an early pre-order sale of like 10% off or 25% off.

ReddChief said on May 25, 2013 at 9:40 p.m.

Damn that looks like a mugen game all pixilated inferior version for a inferior system i guess now i see why UMvC3 was never released on PC you gotta butcher the game so it can run on PC's poor MK

xfunky_sitarx said on May 25, 2013 at 10:06 p.m.

Inferior system? The game was developed under UNREAL ENGINE

mblaze27 said on May 25, 2013 at 10:07 p.m.

already looks better than consoles lol

hardeepb said on May 25, 2013 at 10:07 p.m.

I think it looks worse on the PC...that or I need glasses.

Chryo said on May 25, 2013 at 10:19 p.m.

@11 Dude... how can you not see he's trolling? Jesus almighty.

Aaaanyway, @13 Well, strange pixelation in SZ's face aside, take a 720p console screenshot of MK and stretch it to 1080p. It's going to look worse than native 1080p with AA every time.

AnaboliChris said on May 25, 2013 at 10:34 p.m.

Mk9 had a lot of competitive play problems..unless they were addressed for the PC version.

PandorasCrate said on May 25, 2013 at 10:58 p.m.

Who gives a fawk?

Sencho said on May 25, 2013 at 11:21 p.m.

If this game has a better netplay than the console version, I gonna play this non stop

AnaboliChris said on May 25, 2013 at 11:22 p.m.

#16, Unless you strictly play against the CPU, you should give ALL fawks.

If you play this game non-competitively then sure, maybe major game mechanic problems isn't a problem to you.

Redblaze27 said on May 25, 2013 at 11:40 p.m.

It could be awesome.

Kawalorn said on May 25, 2013 at 11:55 p.m.

Ironicly even though I'm a PC gamer I'm pretty much blind to all graphic details (like not really seeing pixels in low res and no AA unless I REALLY look for them), so I don't really care if it will look much better on PC.

maelxich said on May 25, 2013 at 11:57 p.m.

no it comes with the Komplete editions content not the vitas

Kaiyuss said on May 26, 2013 at 12:19 a.m.

There's some odd pixelation going on in the first picture too, left-hand side in the background.

MaverickHunterX said on May 26, 2013 at 12:49 a.m.

Saving up my salary for this. Hopefully it would be sold here as well.

BillyBob said on May 26, 2013 at 12:51 a.m.

Look like early screens to me. Still has a month and a half to go for more touch up. I mean they'd actually have to put in effort to mess up a 1:1 port like this and put in effort to not make it look better than console lol. It'll be fine. Can't wait for some 1080p MK!

Elements012894 said on May 26, 2013 at 1:19 a.m.

I think sub zero's face has to do with the low resolution ice particles and overlapping his own model causing pixelation. I think if that pic was dialed back a few frames we'd see more frosty smoke on is face.

lolbongo said on May 26, 2013 at 2:04 a.m.

I played Injustice. I'm good on MK-style games for another decade and a half.

Otter_of_Death said on May 26, 2013 at 3:18 a.m.

But Injustice plays nothing like MK9.

Sanox said on May 26, 2013 at 3:44 a.m.

looks the same maybe a bit clearer, aside from the pixel sub zero

Liberator said on May 26, 2013 at 5:38 a.m.

#21 true true...I mixed it up with Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate update, that comes out this fall! Anyway its great regardless! DLC characters, classic costumes and fatalities, completed crypt and many other things, that were DLC/Pre-order exclusives, so not having Vita content isn't the end of the world! Also i wish they'd make bosses playable (but as hidden characters, that are unlocked very hard way!...) it'd make roster even bigger!

hugemistakes said on May 26, 2013 at 6:24 a.m.

I have to think the Sub-Zero thing is on purpose, because why would you ever use that as a screenshot to sell the game if that isn't how his face is meant to look? Maybe a cool feature for Klassic Kostumes?

f4tr4t said on May 26, 2013 at 7:25 a.m.

MK is is awesome, but i really want injustice on the pc.

Chryo said on May 26, 2013 at 7:31 a.m.

@30 Then why not show it completely instead of just in the head?

I think it's a rendering error, the pixelation is only present where the bloom on SZ's head and the background depth of field effect meet. They probably upped the rendering resolution but left the other effects at the standard low console res causing problems like that.

It doesn't look good at all that stuff like that is showing up in promotional screenshots and I hope it doesn't make it to the release build like it happened with Dark Souls' forced 720p (that a modder fixed for the devs in 20 minutes).

Liberator said on May 26, 2013 at 8:03 a.m.

#31 same here...i'm all hyped for PC version, but was hoping Injustice would be released for PC with all the dlc characters! I think Netherrealm will release Injustice on PC as well, but only after they release all DLC characters for it on consoles!

AugustAPC said on May 26, 2013 at 8:10 a.m.

Not a PC player when it comes to fighters, but I always enjoy looking at the skins and mods people make for them.

Gailim said on May 26, 2013 at 9:16 a.m.

might have been interested in this 2 years ago.

maybe I'll get this when it goes on sale for $10

I would be very interested in Injustice though

orochi_kyo said on May 26, 2013 at 10:16 a.m.

Every knows here that redchieff is the most infamous lifeless Anti-PC troll, dont feed him. Theres nothing that a hi-res mod cant solve, dont you remember Dark Souls mods? That game looks crappy on 1080 screen but with the patch for 60 fps, the mod for 1080 and the hi-res texture mods the game looks much better.

SkllXMnky said on May 26, 2013 at 10:25 a.m.

So Flesh Pit costume for all the girls?

mblaze27 said on May 26, 2013 at 11 a.m.

we need gameplay on PC, even though you dnt really need to prove that it looks better on PC lol

NSLshockwave said on May 26, 2013 at 12:25 p.m.

Do people still care about this? Lol

Rootsat said on May 26, 2013 at 1:29 p.m.

people saying it looks worst by looking at two screen shots. LOL
the game will look ten times better.
Do you know that with a gaming pc you can add all the filters you want? the game runs on a 7 years old graphics engine.

1080p-16AF-16QAA-FXAA-Ambient Occlusion

TorTorVega said on May 26, 2013 at 1:31 p.m.

Looks fine, if you look at everything other than Sub-zero's face it's obviously much better looking than on consoles. The face thing is odd, though.

If you want Injustice on PC, show Netherrealm it's worth it by purchasing this. If MK doesn't sell well on PC, why would they waste their time porting Injustice?

Phynx said on May 26, 2013 at 2:13 p.m.

Those backgrounds look pretty bad in a lot of spots.

Rootsat said on May 26, 2013 at 3:21 p.m.

they should waste their time now, not in 2015. I will download the game and have fun with my friends off-line. As i said when they announced the MK pc release, if they want my money release injustice now.

Kawalorn said on May 27, 2013 at 2:43 a.m.

#43 Congratulations for wanting to get anything with that attitude. I can't blame you for not wanting to buy it, but you shouldn't then demand for Injustice to come out quickly since your support is doubtful at best.

Siryoudroppedyourcombo said on May 27, 2013 at 3:29 a.m.

Lots of compression artifacts in those images that I'm sure weren't in the originals. Releasing screenshots as JPEG's, lol.

Rootsat said on May 27, 2013 at 5:13 a.m.

you are right, i´m not proud of it.
i pay for all my games. As a pc gamer it bothers be how they release the game after injustice and 2 years later when so many people were asking for it.
I demand for their new games to come out at the same time. may be they can wait 5 or 6 months i understand the pc piracy problem. But not 2 years.