ChrisG discusses pot splitting at Texas Showdown, reason he plays Morrigan and community bias against him in candid interview

Posted by SFilp • May 22, 2013 at 4:49 p.m. PDT
EventHubs correspondent, Jason24cf, recently interviewed AGE|NYChrisG at East Coast Throwdown V where they discuss many topics including how Chris feels the community has a bias against him. He explains that many members of the the FGC hope that he will lose and that he thinks people are putting Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on too high of a pedestal.

He also talks about the pop off he had on Twitter that was directed toward a tournament organizer, where he explains that he knows he's supposed to be professional, but sometimes things are said in the heat of the moment after losing a match.

Additionally, they talk about a few other topics including his reasoning for playing Morrigan, the pot splitting at Texas Showdown, his grand finals match in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 against EMP|Dieminion at Civil War and more.

After the jump you can check out some of Jason's pictures from the event.

Click images for larger versions

Comments

NEWkidCJ said on May 22, 2013 at 4:54 p.m.

Voigil!!! Shoutouts to Devilmayspy. XD

d0uca said on May 22, 2013 at 4:54 p.m.

this guy asks the best questions lol, had me at "saw you tearing up in one of your matches"

EG2 said on May 22, 2013 at 4:57 p.m.

Sorry, don't like to see sore losers who make homophobic slurs win.

BlackMasamune said on May 22, 2013 at 5 p.m.

Chris G isn't the most welcoming kind of guy. And he's the number 1 player in the most scrub friendly and watched game, by playing it the exact opposite way it's "supposed" to be played. And since he's not one of these guys who streams himself practicing, or does Q&A's, or teaches people, etc. it turns off a lot of people.

He's not PC, or begging stream monsters to like him. And since he's good in multiple games, you can't write him off as just good at one game.

AngrySteve said on May 22, 2013 at 5:01 p.m.

#3 I'm against homophobic statements as much as the next open minded individual, but even I have succumbed to salt speak. When your salty it's a lot like being drunk, you do a lot of sh!t you're ashamed of and you say things you don't really mean. Like he said sometimes you just wanna scream and get it all out. I know what it's like to have passion when you're competitive and sometimes it really can get the better of you. We're only human and we all make mistakes.

Otter_of_Death said on May 22, 2013 at 5:04 p.m.

It's just human nature. Nobody likes the winner.

spectaa said on May 22, 2013 at 5:04 p.m.

Scorpion said on May 22, 2013 at 5:05 p.m.

spectaa said on May 22, 2013 at 5:06 p.m.

Maxoplata said on May 22, 2013 at 5:06 p.m.
Gruntside said on May 22, 2013 at 5:07 p.m.

#5 Did you just compare salty to being drunk? lmao

what you sippin' coolers?

yes4me said on May 22, 2013 at 5:10 p.m.

I think people are just jealous.

analogos said on May 22, 2013 at 5:10 p.m.

@#5: while i disagree with you that emotions excuse hatespeech and poor behavior, i understand what you're saying. the thing, though, is that as far as i can tell, chrisG never owns up to being in the wrong, never apologizes, anything. it's one thing to lose your head and then say "yeah i just got caught up in the moment", it's another to be called out on it and then keep digging the hole even deeper because of your pride. the latter is chrisG.

@#7: nah, #3's right, and this is coming from someone who actually really respects chris' morridom game. his behavior as a competitor and as a person is unacceptable.

Villest1 said on May 22, 2013 at 5:11 p.m.

Always enjoy jason24cf's interviews.

evil_jeenyus said on May 22, 2013 at 5:13 p.m.

Chris G is the top player the East Coast deserves... not the one it needs

MarthFE said on May 22, 2013 at 5:18 p.m.

I don't think it's being bias against him exactly if the entire community... Meaning majority... Meaning many people... Agree with it. At that point it becomes FACT. Keep making excuses and getting pissed off when you find out not everyone likes you, Cries Gg.... Whoops, sorry, spelled ur name wrong. My mistake.

spectaa said on May 22, 2013 at 5:18 p.m.

kara said on May 22, 2013 at 5:18 p.m.

WeEsportsNow said on May 22, 2013 at 5:21 p.m.

ShinzoBishamon said on May 22, 2013 at 5:21 p.m.

Chris is actually a really nice person. Have half of you even had a conversation with the guy in person? And people please don't act like you've never said anything derogatory or mean about a group of people in the heat of passion, more than likely you didn't mean it in a hurtful way but its been said so just get over it.

Chrisuchiwa said on May 22, 2013 at 5:24 p.m.

The only thing I hate on ChrisG is when he talk to someone when he loses or when he pauses the game when he won!

ChrisG you are right 6-0 hurts and you have beaten Flocker so many times and now you get finally beaten. Pretty fair!

ChrisG need to find a job now, because he is having too much pressure for these Tournament money!

DarkPhoenixRises said on May 22, 2013 at 5:25 p.m.

I like ChrisG he's an amazing gamer... He does have way too many haters its really sad...does he have anger issues or an attitude problem? meh.. I seen worse.

dorayaki said on May 22, 2013 at 5:25 p.m.

yo, he's a video game player, not a diplomat. Don't really care if he's a nice guy or not, his gameplay is good. That being said, he really has an inferiority complex if he feels he wants everyone in the universe to acknowledge him.

A bit more disturbing is how the interviewer seems like he's trying to get into chrisG's pants. "I support you man, i love you man, I don't talk sht about you man, I love you man..." c'mon dude, just shoot straight and ask him to drop his pants already.

Cleckley said on May 22, 2013 at 5:25 p.m.

thegoldencat said on May 22, 2013 at 5:27 p.m.

This wasn't so much an interview as it was a piece of pro-Chris G propaganda.

Peas4Lunch said on May 22, 2013 at 5:31 p.m.

Does he honestly not understand why it pisses people off? Its just lame, and mega boring to watch.

Chrisuchiwa said on May 22, 2013 at 5:31 p.m.

ChrisG stop making excuses, you are making bad statements insulting people on twitter. If you are nice with people at the end of the day they will like you and recognize your talent and don't be homophobic, lol

FearfulSymmetry said on May 22, 2013 at 5:32 p.m.

I kind of feel like that word hasn't meant to be used in an exclusively homophobic context in quite some time. Especially in the context in which Chris G used it. In the contemporary age, the word far and wide is used as a dig at someone's masculinity or to say they are an unfavorable person in the most general sense. I find it unsettling that people are so quick to jump and project their own interpretation of a word into a situation with no frame of reference and then use that as a judge of Chris G's character.

Furthermore, he brings up a good point in that the community by large doesn't shame SSF4 or Infiltration for his consistent winnings. I will say however, Infiltration is a much more graceful loser. I feel like it's perfectly fine to root for the underdog but the vitriolic hate mongering for someone's hard work and dedication to their hobby is ridiculous. Get up, grow up, and get better.

disp said on May 22, 2013 at 5:34 p.m.

I don't care much about his personality, but it's a pretty much a fact that he's the best overall American FG player right now. He's striving to be the next Tokido.

MarthFE said on May 22, 2013 at 5:35 p.m.

No I appreciate it, I know the definition of it. But I really couldn't care less when it involves a guy who feels he needs to be rudely defensive all the time when he won't acknowledge his downsides. Sure there's great things about the guy, but that's all he sees.
Nothing about it is unfair, he chose to display his attitude and personality that way for a long time, of course it'll bring negative impressions.

DaSavage said on May 22, 2013 at 5:36 p.m.

I RESPECT YOU CHRIS

ShinzoBishamon said on May 22, 2013 at 5:36 p.m.

@28 good statement :p

MarthFE said on May 22, 2013 at 5:38 p.m.

Don't get me wrong, I already know he's an amazing player and capable of so much. I actually use to love watching him play, was inspiring... And I still enjoy watching him play other games. But now that umvc3 is pretty much a free and mostly effortless win for him, he sure does cock an attitude

CyberAthlete said on May 22, 2013 at 5:38 p.m.

This is about as dumb as when fanatiq was like the community is disapointed in me playing LoL. If someone playing a video game a certain way bothers you, well I just dunno.....

Otter_of_Death said on May 22, 2013 at 5:39 p.m.

You know he just lost in a major, right?

chipndip said on May 22, 2013 at 5:40 p.m.

The crowd said random, so he picked random. Same for J Wong. Then everyone turned on him. Weird eh?

Anyway, I don't disrespect Chris G. I disrespect Marvel. If you want to be that guy that's just that good, you got to "Chris G" another game too. They can't diss you if you can do it twice. Flukes don't happen twice.

@28: I use the terms "gay" and "fag" in two scenarios

1: You're actually gay.

2: You're being stupid, and instead of saying "you're stupid", I say "you're gay" or "you're a fag".

It definitely has sort of taken up that meaning in casual conversation, as well as its original meaning, and others.

MasterOfMagnet said on May 22, 2013 at 5:40 p.m.

My respect to ChrisG.

Like always no one is understand that other humans may has some feelings. Of course for us, stream monsters, is 30 second to wrote 1 troll comment, but when there is 10k of 'trolls', for Chris this may look like infinite waves of crap.

Chris, make stream channel with subscribing or something. I think there is the guys that want to support you, like support that Fchamp receive.

Cleckley said on May 22, 2013 at 5:43 p.m.

RedRapperSux said on May 22, 2013 at 5:44 p.m.

I understand the Chris G hate, I really do.. but he can't be as bad, morally, as your average FGC player.

themadmike said on May 22, 2013 at 5:55 p.m.

what a Humble Guy.

sagejonathan said on May 22, 2013 at 5:58 p.m.

I respect ChirsG. He's a great, hard working player. I just hate his Marvel team.

ya_boy said on May 22, 2013 at 6:03 p.m.

People will always hate the best, that's why it is lonely at the top. Chris G plays that MorriDoom to win and no one can stop him when he is going in for that rent money.
It's stupid that people call him boring for using an effective style that stops Marvel's random BS but praise all these other combo droppers and losers who can't even get top 8.

Pachendrix said on May 22, 2013 at 6:10 p.m.

There's always some oversensitive fags who want to pull the "homophobic" card out of their @ss.

HolyGhost said on May 22, 2013 at 6:11 p.m.

RandomJohn said on May 22, 2013 at 6:14 p.m.

I feel for Chris G. People hate because they think Morrigan is broken due to the fact she gains meter in austral vision while Wolverine does not while he is in berserker mode. Or her fireball does too much damage and chip. Or Chris G plays lame with hidden missiles and morrigan's fireballs. Or they'll complain because Chris G is tier whoring by picking Vergil. Case in point, people will find some baseless thing to complain about Chris G play style. It's almost the same thing about Daigo when he was dominating in SSFIV.

Pachendrix said on May 22, 2013 at 6:16 p.m.

And btw if they want to go with random select, they can do whatever they want, if anybody has a problem with that then go ahead, enter the tournaments, and eliminate these guys from the tournament so you don't see the random selects. Same goes for pot splitting or staged matches. Don't like it? Join the tournament and deal with it, it's their choice, because they're the ones playing and in Chris G case, beating everyone for the right to choose and do whatever he wants. I'll still make fun of his complaints just because it's too much fun though, but people getting pissed or upset at the players doing whatever they want in terms of character selection or fixing matches, is ridiculous because they earn the right to do it by winning and getting top spots on tournaments.

Koolbiird said on May 22, 2013 at 6:18 p.m.

I'm confused. Is he upset that he gets the hate, or that so many people care to hate him? Why isn't he proud that he is the mountain that every competitor must overcome? Why isn't he thankful that the games, he plays, he excels at have the highest payouts?

It's laughable that he takes all this so seriously.

Koolbiird said on May 22, 2013 at 6:22 p.m.

@45 You say baseless, but all that is fact...so it's not baseless...smh

mcfizzle said on May 22, 2013 at 6:23 p.m.

Respect the results. The man is pretty darn impressive.

tortoos said on May 22, 2013 at 6:34 p.m.

I don't really see the big deal if chrisg wants to scrub it up in marvel. Marvel is already a scrubtastic game anyway, so how does playing projectile spam make it any lamer than the game already is? Everyone in the game can already touch of death your entire team in one combo in level 3 x-factor anyway if you know what you're doing. If he wants to lame it out in a game that already practically encourages scrubby play, let him.

This post isn't even ment to troll people who like marvel. I just think the game is garbage. If you like it that's fine. I just don't see the big deal behind the fireball wall ChrisG put up. Is it lame? Yeah probably, but if it wins him tournaments what are you going to do? He's gonna use it till someone finds out how to beat him.

Torrie_De_Goddess said on May 22, 2013 at 6:40 p.m.

Being a nice person doesn't disqualify you from being an irrational homophobic douche. Homosexuals make up a huge # within the fighting game community; they support you like all other players and spectators so don't be quick to pull that defamatory, derogatory red switch just because you came up short. No one's perfect, so spewing hate because you don't always win is insentive, juvenile, and harmful. He isn't the FGC, but he represents it; his unwelcoming demeanor wont be ignored.

VerZioN said on May 22, 2013 at 6:46 p.m.

One can't deny that he is infact a very good gamer in many games as well as marvel but I "don't" like him with respect to how he carries and presents himself. I say "don't" because I have never meet him and how can I pass jugdement on someone that I don't know.

It just seems to me that he blames/has an excuse for everything that doesn't go his way. It was just a while back that he blamed the PS3 for lagging and causing him to lose against another player. Regardless if it were true or not he still went on to say that senor taxi was the worst player that he lost to; that was uncalled for. He didn't have to say all that; and moreso addressing a person with a demeaning word

@42 with people will always hate the best;
I'm sure that most people reading this like daigo and some infiltration; but you don't see them looking for other things to blame for loses, they carry themselves in a proper manner and from what I gather not only within tournament settings but outside of them as well and thats what make them champions, not only cause they win A LOT but because they have good conduct as well.

killerkalmah said on May 22, 2013 at 6:48 p.m.

Crhis is being hated beacause is wining! simple like that... remember when Champ won evo? he was the most hated, if you look Crhis and Combofiend wearing the medals you can se the hate on his eyes while Champ lift the trophy... and know Champ is the hero and Crhis is the one to beat, this simply works like that.

At last year evo all the people was thinking: OMG i want to see Champ out in pools & im wondering if Chris can beat Champ and win the tournament, that would be cool.

And now in people heads: I want Crhis G out in pools & Please Champ keep up your new tech and win against Crhis.

This is not about Crhis and Champ i know, but is an example how this things work.

BrightNoa said on May 22, 2013 at 6:50 p.m.

He looks like such an idiot the way he wears his headphones. It really doesn't look cool at all.

grimmcropes said on May 22, 2013 at 7:06 p.m.

FearfulSymmetry basically summed it up. If you don't agree with him, look up the South Park episode "The F Word." This is basically modern society with the word.

Onislayer said on May 22, 2013 at 7:23 p.m.

Everyone read the #28 comment. It basically sums it up.
Chris G wasn't calling anyone a homosexual. He was talking $**t. That's all. We all talk s*** too, we're doing that right now in this thread.

I'd also like to point out that the points ChrisG made in this video lives here on this thread as well. All these anti ChrisG comments are hilarious. People just hate him because they want to, that is all. You guys act like he went to your houses and f***ed your mothers.
Since when did ChrisG owe the FGC a specific playstyle or personality?

Baby_Astaroth said on May 22, 2013 at 7:24 p.m.

After you have seen MorriDoom win for nth time again, it's really hard to get excited about watching it another dozen or so times. Seeing someone beat it is so rare that I'd rush to see it on demand.

Someone please beat Infiltration and then someone beat him a 2nd time to knock him out of a tourney. I hate Akuma with a passion. (Except when Pikachu Akuma uses him in 3s).

#47 People deal with things differently. Personally I can just ignore or shrug off anything, but my brother is like Chris G in that things bother and get to him. It stems from have verbal abuse growing up. People can only take so much negativity. At the same time Chris G did put himself in the public eye by being good at what he does. The hate was always going to come. I just hope Chris has a healthy place to vent so he doesn't snap and kill someone.

#53 I would hate see Chris lose in pools. Mostly because I don't make time for pools. Top 16 is where I like to start watching.

#54 I wear my headphones like that sometimes and it has nothing to do with being cool. Having headphones on my ears or around my neck for extended periods of time gets really annoying.

PzychoNimz said on May 22, 2013 at 7:28 p.m.

You gotta be stupid to question his skills as a gamer. He's good in multiple games, and that's not a coincidence, he definitely puts his time and energy into these games.

With that said, in this interview, he seems... Kinda off. I can't exactly put my finger on it, but he talks weirdly, and his train of thought seems kinda restless. Maybe he's always like that, never seen another interview with him.

SgtKonus said on May 22, 2013 at 7:44 p.m.

"Fag" and "Gay" being used as insults are offensive. There is no reason to really use those words. Its not being overly sensitive to oppose the use of such words, I mean, if I used the word N****r to describe people acting stupid, people would complain about bigotry wouldn't they?

I respect Chris G, I like his Team and his winning mentality.Also, stream monsters, stop being entitled. No one is playing to entertain you, be the change you want to see in the world, if you want Top 8 to change in its character composition, then get better and reach the top!

BipolarTroll said on May 22, 2013 at 7:44 p.m.

The man is a great player. Sure, So-So-So-Soul Fist and HIDDEN MISSILES is annoying, but there is no denying he's strong.

samuraix025 said on May 22, 2013 at 7:45 p.m.

this interview and the comments thereafter shows exactly what's wrong with the fgc and human nature in general. people want to see those who do well fail. just the other day i went to my local stomping ground (shout out to dibbz) and they were talking about chris g and the general response was hate and when i asked why the only person who would answer said "because hes the only one winning right now" and that to me is dumb.

before he showed what could be done with morrigan the general consensus was she was ass. how shes top tier and everyone hates her and him for using when a patch ago if he picked wesker he would have got hated on for that.

in the fgc you don't get respect for being good. personality wise f-champ was, twice the jerk chris g is (he's toned down though) and no one bashes champ anymore, they just want chris taken out. its shameful.

for a T.O. to do what was done at ncr puts a black eye on everything the fgc worked hard for. there is a difference between someone being a bad guy and making a bad guy out of someone.

TKira said on May 22, 2013 at 7:52 p.m.

I'd watch his stream.

Viro_veteruscy said on May 22, 2013 at 8:34 p.m.

Remember playing Chris on Skullgirls at NCR, didn't know who he was. Just had fun playing a guy on a fighting game we liked :3

jason24cf said on May 22, 2013 at 8:36 p.m.

Thanks for the views everyone. I'm glad you enjoyed it, I hope

TheTHCGamer said on May 22, 2013 at 8:43 p.m.

Jason is becoming one of the best interviewers in the FGC and thats why im calling him the Ron Burgundy of the FGC. Stay classy FGC should be how you end your interviews Jason. Great job as usual.

chosenst said on May 22, 2013 at 8:58 p.m.

If I can be honest, I just hate the guy's play in Marvel. It was my favorite game to spectate and obviously now the hype has gone way down. That's actually a credit to his consistency and his dominance but at the same time it just gets old real fast. I root against ChrisG in Marvel for that fact alone and that is usually where my hate stops for him. I see him making waves in SF4 and Injustice and I think that is a good thing.

Also, I still think Justin is the most dominant FG player out there right now. Of course Chris G dominates Marvel but getting one major win in SF does not put him at the top of the mountain. Justin still grabs a top three at damn near every major in the big three Capcom games and that seems to go overlook because he's not necessarily getting the first place sweep. I think it's really 1 and 1a at this point, but I'm always hyped to see them square off as you know it's two of the best USA has to offer.

Big ups to Flocker for ending the ChrisG hype train and allowing it to start all over again with a full head of steam. Anyone who doesn't think that loss made ChrisG hungrier is sorely mistaken. It's a double edged sword, we all rooted for him to lose but I bet that bitter ass taste will fuel the fire that is Christopher Genius.

GodPride said on May 22, 2013 at 8:59 p.m.

If I were Chris_G and got that much hate for winning with Morr/Doom, I wouldn't get salty for approval. I would do what Aris did to the MK community when he won Injustice with Deathstroke, troll.

gohan16ken said on May 22, 2013 at 9 p.m.

This is a perfect example, the FGC needs to learn how to give more professional interviews. In an interview, the interviewer can not agree with the interviewee or defend the interviewee. The interviewer needs to be neutral and objective and challenge the interviewer's assumption.

BlackGuile said on May 22, 2013 at 9:04 p.m.

ROFL @ #19, that cracked me up

The Chris G hate is a bit overstated I think, sure he gets a hard time but I think it boils down to just busting the champs balls. The FGC is a competitive scene and some vitriol will always be thrown at the top players, people enjoy seeing a player fly high and get brought back down to earth and Chris G is flying highest.

Chris seems like an OK dude.

Jason24cf still brown noses hard.

jason24cf said on May 22, 2013 at 9:05 p.m.

@gohan16ken thanks for the view.

RohanMayers said on May 22, 2013 at 9:05 p.m.

jason24cf said on May 22, 2013 at 9:06 p.m.

@blackguile thanks for the view! Max CPM

RohanMayers said on May 22, 2013 at 9:08 p.m.

jason24cf said on May 22, 2013 at 9:10 p.m.

@Rohanmmayers it's clear he likes trolling me but he helps me because he gives me a view and helps with the CPM. I seen many ESPN interviews where the interviewer agrees with the interviewee. He just has a a thing for me. Don't troll him anymore, he isn't worth it.

RohanMayers said on May 22, 2013 at 9:11 p.m.

YumaTsukumo said on May 22, 2013 at 9:11 p.m.

Best pro player!!! <3 one day my morrigan will be as good

jason24cf said on May 22, 2013 at 9:13 p.m.

@RohanMayers PR Rog needs his managers permission for interviews. I would have got more but I only stood for 1 day. Lots of drama behind the scenes and I was tired. I will get more soon, subscribe and stay tuned.

Aluppoj said on May 22, 2013 at 9:17 p.m.

#19 & 68 are absolutely correct.

I like/respect Jason's interview work. But he looked like a complete fool during this interview.

You're going in waaaay too hard man. Ask the tough questions and leave your personal feelings out of it. You're a cool guy and all, but no one cares what you think. At least not in this context. You could start a column if you want to share your opinion.

I applaud your effort Jason. But EH deserves an impartial interviewer/reporter.

Aluppoj said on May 22, 2013 at 9:19 p.m.

I hope your tired/busted a$$ gets banned for your attack on #68.

RohanMayers said on May 22, 2013 at 9:20 p.m.

gohan16ken said on May 22, 2013 at 9:22 p.m.

@jason24cf, you need to stop talking things personally. I am not "trolling you" whatever that means or have an issue with you. I have made this same exact comment on almost all videos posted on eventhubs and shoryuken. People in the fighting game community need to improve on their interview and interviewing skills. That is good feedback.

I am student in a professional field and I get constant feedback every from my peers and manager. I do not take it personal or deflect it by accusing the person as having an issue with you. Yes, there are examples of interviewers agreeing with interviewee on ESPN but that is also bad interviewing. You are a journalist and need to be objective and neutral.

@RohanMayers, you kept saying that no one cares about what I have to say yet you created a user name based on my real name and 2 other user name mirroring my current user name, response to all my comments, and private message me daily. You are either a weirdo or do care about what I have to say.

RohanMayers said on May 22, 2013 at 9:24 p.m.

Gotomaster said on May 22, 2013 at 9:26 p.m.

ChrisG, people will cheer for you if they perceive you as the clear underdog, within a match. E.g, people will definitely cheer for you if you are facing Infiltration in Ae finals at Evo.

jason24cf said on May 22, 2013 at 9:27 p.m.

@78 I did ask the hard questions. Go look at Gamespots interview with Chris G. Who would even take the risk and ask about pot splitting? I did this interview because the negative BS that goes on in the FGC. Most of you are all blinded by hate to see the real underlining issues. Chris loses and it's instantly on YouTube, he tries to please the fans, people complain, he places well in every game you hate. Now when Japan players do this, you kiss their feet and call them GDLK. I attend these events. I know all these players personally. I don't sit at home at stream monster is up.

I guess you must have forgotten about the other 50 interviews I conducted where I asked address real issues like, the racist hate Burnyourbra gets. Sometimes vidoes like these are needed to get a players story out to show what impact is being done by all the foolishness of FGC memebers who continue to hold it down with its hate filled tweets, post, rants and more.

RohanMayers said on May 22, 2013 at 9:28 p.m.

Aluppoj said on May 22, 2013 at 9:31 p.m.

Dude, you are beyond creepy. And apparently some kind of stalker for that other poster.

@Jason

I seriously would consider NOT communicating with that weird guy.

@Catalyst

Please ban him again. He is Harrassing this poor guy 'Gohan16ken'.

Graphf said on May 22, 2013 at 9:32 p.m.

RohanMayers said on May 22, 2013 at 9:36 p.m.

gohan16ken said on May 22, 2013 at 9:37 p.m.

I play attention to chess, street fighter, and tech. It seems that trolling in tech and fighting games are different. Because I am being called a troll. What the heck is a troll?

And again, RohanMayers, leave me alone. Please stop stalking me. Stop harassing me. Stop creating user name similar to my user name and/or real name. Stop sending me facebook request. Stop private messaging me. Stop making responding to my comments. You have already been blocked 3x already yet you keep creating new user names. Stop using my pic as your profile pic. Stop google me to learn more about me. This is completely weird.

I have no idea why you created a user name with my real name.

Thanks Aluppoj. I do not know what is up with this dude. First he created Goku16Ryu, then gohanl6ken and added my pic to it, and now RohanMayers. Odd!!!

Aluppoj said on May 22, 2013 at 9:38 p.m.

You asked the "tough questions". And for that I commend you.

But you inject YOUR PERSONAL FEELINGS into your Chris G interview. That is where you fail in your duties as an interviewer.

And as the EventHubs roving reporter. With your name in Blue. You should act as an impartial representative for the site.

jason24cf said on May 22, 2013 at 9:39 p.m.

@gohan16ken their is no blue print to a interview. It's all a Q&A. My mentor who has his masters from Columbia University in journalism seen this interview. You know what he said when he seen this interview? "Great interview! You told this players story, you gave the viewers a piece of his character. You showed his struggles with being one of the best and the price it has to be so skilled at his profession"

so again your idea of a interview is way off.

RohanMayers said on May 22, 2013 at 9:40 p.m.

jason24cf said on May 22, 2013 at 9:41 p.m.

@84 if Eventhubs didn't enjoy the video like you seem to have not, they would have never uploaded it. I'm just saying :/

gohan16ken said on May 22, 2013 at 9:41 p.m.

@jason24cf, ok. I am done. I was wrong and I am sorry. I will leave this alone.

Yes @RohanMayers, clearly I want to learn more about the fgc. That is why I am at eventhubs. What is wrong with that? I have no desire to be a pro player. I have a D+ ranking and I am cool with that. I suck at games but I love it.

RohanMayers said on May 22, 2013 at 9:43 p.m.

RohanMayers said on May 22, 2013 at 9:45 p.m.

sagatee said on May 22, 2013 at 9:45 p.m.

jason24cf said on May 22, 2013 at 9:49 p.m.

@sagatee thanks for the view but also I hope you get banned for the insensitive comment you just made.

Aluppoj said on May 22, 2013 at 9:50 p.m.

Because "reporters" are know for injecting their personal bias into the stories they REPORT?

C'mon man. This was a Chris G interview. Not a What does Jason think interview.

Chris G is a great player. A great player with a DB personality. That's why ppl think he's a chump. He's the FGC Justin Bieber.

Infiltration wins everything also right? But guess what? He's a respectful, humble, cool guy who takes care of his elderly parents.

That's why people like him.... And dislike the guy who calls people names and splits pots!

Jason, after this brief conversation I'm starting to wonder how the heck you attained this position at EH. You seem really edgy.

jason24cf said on May 22, 2013 at 9:54 p.m.

@99 thanks for the view! CPM +1