Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • May 8, 2013 at 8:42 a.m. PDT
New Dead or Alive 5 update entitled 'Ultimate' - will feature content from DOA5+, new stage and character Siliconera posted an article yesterday with information on the recently hinted at Dead or Alive 5 update. The new installment will be entitled DOA5 Ultimate and will add Ninja Gaiden's Momoji to the roster along with a new Sky City Tokyo stage.

Additonally, Ultimate will be receiving content that was included in the PlayStation Vita version, Dead or Alive 5 Plus. Some of the potential additions we may expect to see are custom music options, in-depth information about attacks and more.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate is set to hit Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 some time this Fall.

Tips by cadnexus and Virtua_Kazama.

Comments

Dragonken said on May 8, 2013 at 8:49 a.m.

Then later the Vita owners will get Momiji, a few old costumes (only with new colors), and the new stage too for a fair price, entitled "Ultimate Plus". Then the Ps3 owners...

Bento_Sento said on May 8, 2013 at 8:49 a.m.

Is this going to be DLC or a stand alone release?

Baby_Astaroth said on May 8, 2013 at 8:51 a.m.

Sounds like a stand alone release to me. I never got DOA5, but I'd consider this for Momoji.

SteadiestShark said on May 8, 2013 at 9:03 a.m.

It's Momiji, not Momoji.

Also, this is BS if we don't get to download the extra content to current versions.

Unless of course they rework a bunch of stuff.

Bulletwithbatwings said on May 8, 2013 at 9:06 a.m.

I wonder if Momiji will be DLC for the Vita version.

ReddChief said on May 8, 2013 at 9:08 a.m.

I see some devs starting to do it right like Capcom does and dont just let their games die out

Rupix15 said on May 8, 2013 at 9:16 a.m.

Again, it's MOMIJI not MOMOJI. Fix it, EH.

cadnexus said on May 8, 2013 at 9:18 a.m.

Looks like a re-release with everything on Disc. It's probably going to have a ton of changes. Plus if Hayashi holds to his words by saying NO DLC characters, that sort of hints it as re-release with every thing on disc and no DLC update. Guess we'll see at E-3, they are planning more announcements there.

Faethon81 said on May 8, 2013 at 9:19 a.m.

Make it 4-6 veteran or new unique chars,6-8 more new or retro stages n rebalanced-added moves where needed and you've got a deal for a standalone version Team Ninja cause what i read is dlc.

Lordd_G said on May 8, 2013 at 9:22 a.m.

/deletes DOA5 from Amazon cart/

cadnexus said on May 8, 2013 at 9:23 a.m.

One of things that would be fair for those who bought Vanilla DOA5 is that they don't have to re-unlock Alpha and all of the other stuff, and plus they get a few NEW characters already unlocked from the start as well as the costumes. The ones that buy DOA5U has to unlock all of that stuff or purchase the DLC costumes.

cikame said on May 8, 2013 at 9:24 a.m.

I already have DOA5 and would like to stay up to date on my fighting games, do i really have to buy another disc just for, what, 1 map, 1 character and some tweaks?

I'll get it if doa5 can be updated to it, or if the online is god like.

saxo said on May 8, 2013 at 9:30 a.m.

Deyrax said on May 8, 2013 at 9:41 a.m.

Nice !

HyperViperNZ said on May 8, 2013 at 10:17 a.m.

So we gotta buy a whole new game for one character and one stage? just make it DLC

Kenshiro said on May 8, 2013 at 10:26 a.m.

Not buying another disc for minimal changes.

LordJim said on May 8, 2013 at 10:31 a.m.

You think Dead or Alive 1, 2 and 3 only had 1 single release?
Heck, 2's rerelease was also called ultimate

LarsMasters said on May 8, 2013 at 10:33 a.m.

Things what we need instead of Momiji, Ninja Gaiden Stage & New hairstyle for Lei Fang here:
*CHARACTERS: DOA Originals (Leon, Shinden) SEGA (VF (Jean Kujo, Aoi Umenokouji), FV (Bahn w/ removable hat part, Hoeny, Tokio)
*Updated Language Voice option: Can set character's voice individually, Can switch SEGA character's voice between English and Japanese as addition
*Renewed BG menu called DOA Tunes (based of Tekken Tunes) and includes SEGA character's latest game BGM. Liked Tekken Tunes, we be able to used Custom BGM outside the game
*NEW GAMEPLAY: Features Aerial Rave/Air Combo moves based of MvC/BB series likes when the player knocks opponent of the stage cliff then attacked them in the air, Can bounce opponents during juggle for certain moves like Akira's F,DF+P, Jann Lee's B+KKP or Mila's DF+PP, renewed lifebar based of TTT2's, walking stance for pre-DOA5 characters renewed and removed guard walking stance while without pressing hold button

kabukisama said on May 8, 2013 at 10:38 a.m.

Here are some new screenshots of Momiji in action and the new stage!

Almighty_Omega said on May 8, 2013 at 11:01 a.m.

Let people see our costume dlc. Wtf that's free advertising for dlc.

Echo01 said on May 8, 2013 at 11:02 a.m.

Hope this is DLC, because I don't think I'll bother with a whole 'nother disc with one new char/stage just to stay up to date with things.

Portal23 said on May 8, 2013 at 11:07 a.m.

I also prefer DLC. If they release this as stand alone, I don't plan on buying it and might as well drop this game.

chilldoman said on May 8, 2013 at 11:35 a.m.

Gonna sell my old copy right back if it's not DLC. Hopefully it's both DLC and standalone, like with SSF4AE.

Super_Shoto_Fighter_4 said on May 8, 2013 at 11:44 a.m.

This has to be DLC. What about all the people who bought the digital copy of the game. They would have a redundant copy for life.

TrueGamingGuru said on May 8, 2013 at 12:08 p.m.

@18 The things of what you say "we need" is more like what you want to see. Momiji, Ninja Gaiden stage, & Lei Fang's hair style is what were going to see anyway.

For Characters: Leon is very likely to return (since Team Ninja wanted to include Leon in DOA5 before was scrapped due to time constraint), even some fans have heard his Leon's voice in the New DOA5 Project trailer. For SEGA characters, I wouldn't really hope for more VF characters or any characters that came from Fighting Vipers, because for VF characters they mostly have to be based off VF1 (like Akira, Sarah, & Pai debut in VF1) and characters (like Jean & Aoi debut in future VF games). Plus for Fighting Vipers I don't think the Team Ninja nor Hayashi will include FV characters as cameos nor as playable characters, the only SEGA character Hayashi is interest including as a cameo is Ryo from Shenmue. VF & Shenmue were produced from Yu Suzuki.

For part of Language Voice option: Don't expect to choose English or Japanese for the Virtua Fighter characters, because SEGA give certain language to certain characters (like Akira: Japanese, Sarah: English, Pai: Japanese, Jacky: English etc.) and they don't make such an option to change their voices and Team Ninja wouldn't want to change much for the VF characters nor the VF team would want to add minor things like additional voices.

For the Aerial Rave/Air Combo moves: That gameplay style in general is very unlikely to happen, even doing it during when the opponent fell off part of the stage cliff. Plus that style would've took away of what made the DOA series for gameplay wise.

saxo said on May 8, 2013 at 12:12 p.m.

Xykes said on May 8, 2013 at 1:35 p.m.

How is creating 20+ new characters models and playstyles (which is what SFxT did) lazy? Even without the characters ported from SF4, SFxT introduced 2 dozen+ new characters...and that doesn't even include the DLC characters.

Lol.

That's an ignorant troll.

You guys aren't even trying anymore.

Talk about lazy.

badjab326 said on May 8, 2013 at 1:43 p.m.

Hmm, if it does get a disc release and a price drop I might pick it up since I skipped over the original.

I want Rygar and somebody from Tecmo bowl though. And Jacky Bryant from VF lol

InitialR said on May 8, 2013 at 1:58 p.m.

RockmanX666 said on May 8, 2013 at 2:12 p.m.

If it's a Disc release, Hopefully the DLC from the vanilla version still works with it. Otherwise I wasted a bunch of $ :(

CosmiicJourney said on May 8, 2013 at 2:24 p.m.

All I want is my beloved Raidou with his thousand hand slap from the DOA2U up opening cutscene.

H_Lightning said on May 8, 2013 at 2:31 p.m.

Momiji is awesome, and that stage is gonna be sick.
If it's disc release hopefully the vanilla dlc will work for it. I mean it should, but you never know with game companies nowadays.

InitialR said on May 8, 2013 at 3:13 p.m.

Meety said on May 8, 2013 at 3:47 p.m.

I saw this coming, since they have a new director and all. DOA5 was simply a test.

InitialR said on May 8, 2013 at 4:07 p.m.

HooliganComboFTW said on May 8, 2013 at 4:37 p.m.

Game will probably come out as $40 like all other updated disc versions. Has most of the PS VITA exclusives so thats a welcome sight.

Also I believe it was mentioned they said characters and stages in the plural tense so I doubt its just going to be 1 character/stage. If they are gonna release it sometime fall then they have time to space out their promotions besides Momiji and that NG2 stage. If anything they like to give surprises in their promos if that Kasumi vs Akira trailer was a testament for anything.

Hayabusa_San said on May 8, 2013 at 5:38 p.m.

I won't buy this version... Even as a DOA fan, i can't seriously expend $40 bucks on another upgrade version. I also won't support this **** anymore. DLC upgrade or nothing for me (and i don't care about anything else).

InitialR said on May 8, 2013 at 6:01 p.m.

drunkendan said on May 8, 2013 at 6:23 p.m.

I want ot hear more news on this. As a full disc $40 I do not see the value and will stick to my regular 5. As DLC, I would by bits and pieces of this. Unless more characters are added, this is not enough content for a disc release. If anyone else wants to buy it if it is not DLC, more power to them. For me though, this is not worth the money as a full disc.

InitialR said on May 8, 2013 at 6:30 p.m.

Liberator said on May 8, 2013 at 6:54 p.m.

...i hope there's at least ONE more character and ONE more stage!...*fingers crossed*

GrimmjawJin said on May 8, 2013 at 8:43 p.m.

Will play the wait and see game. I'll most likely buy it since I missed on on vanilla DOA5.

Servantes said on May 8, 2013 at 8:49 p.m.

Heck, throw in Ein and Tengu and I'll likely buy another disc.

Galletano said on May 8, 2013 at 9:59 p.m.

Momiji is just Kasumi with black hair.

AugustAPC said on May 9, 2013 at 2 a.m.

I'm betting this is gonna be a $40 disc release. Hopefully we'll get a few more characters and stages too. There should be an option for this to be DLC, but I doubt the game is built to support that.

TheCheeze09 said on May 9, 2013 at 2:52 a.m.

So little content, yet the release date is so far away? Really?