Posted by SFilp • March 13, 2013 at 3:57 p.m. PDT
Seth Killian: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale patch releasing next week - Zeus and Isaac release, bug fixes, system changes and more Seth Killian has been on Twitter giving a few updates to the next PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale patch. This is being released next week on March 19th and features both new DLC characters Zeus and Isaac along with big fixes, system changes and more.

Major PS All-Stars balance and bug-fixing patch incoming. Goes live with 3/19 Zeus and Isaac launch, full patch notes coming soon...

3/19 PSAS patch includes: overall systems changes, item changes and changes to all characters. PaRappa boombox and Kat bugs fixed too :)

Missed Isaac Clarke and Zeus' character trailers? Check them out

Comments

dachsun said on March 13, 2013 at 4 p.m.

AdonVega said on March 13, 2013 at 4:16 p.m.

What a garbage game, I'm sorry but I find it more broken than MvC. You loose sight of your character and the balancing is atrocious. Mind you this is from me playing this game for like 2 hours, but come on, this game stinks.

XDIEX said on March 13, 2013 at 4:18 p.m.

Did you fix the problem where you can actually play PS all stars?

Ex_Ein said on March 13, 2013 at 4:26 p.m.

lose* god damn it one O!

Viewtifulz said on March 13, 2013 at 4:31 p.m.

3 comments of straight brainless negativity.

have a great day Capcom stick riders.

Ex_Ein said on March 13, 2013 at 4:35 p.m.

Viewitfulz I love Them capsule computers but I also like different kinds of games like (this one) so don't limit it to people hating this being all about capcom

TrueGamingGuru said on March 13, 2013 at 4:37 p.m.

@1 You might as well forget your special bug problem, because the players can only get killed by super is not a bug but an actual part of the gameplay.

@2 Thats actually your opinion, plus its not even a garbage game. You saying the game is more broken than MvC is a joke (no offense), because these games are nothing in common. Plus MvC3 has more balance problems because every combos does nothing more than a very quick death, and all certain players can do is sit there and do nothing besides getting KO. Plus MvC3 has certain characters that spams alot and theres no way to avoid it.

@3 what do you mean by that?

If anyone else have a problem with Playstation Allstars, there is a news filter that can get Playstation Allstars out of your site. But making pointless hate or troll comments is something you people really need to stop.

Viewtifulz said on March 13, 2013 at 4:46 p.m.

#6 but most of the hate comes from capcom worshippers I mean I check out whats going on in other topics with games not made by capcom and atleast 3 or more people are just spreading negativity like

*omg this game sucks the method for kills is so stupid* PSABR

*block button is so stupid this game is so clunky* MK9

*MK9 with DC skins* Injustie

Now figure when u go to TYM which is MK9 and soon to be Injustice community site you dont hear them bashing other games they are more respectable then the capcrowd. Sad thing is im a fan of capcom games and can look at and highlight the already hypocritical, arrogant, and ignorant bad apples of the bunch.

*cough* NoizyChild.

I wish not to generalize a whole group but most of the negativity comes from the same guys who bash capcom about milking their games but buy them anyway, the same guys who praised Skullgirls and Tekken Tag 2 for the ideas, but didnt buy the game to support it. Yet they have the audacity to say things about MK9/Injustice and PSABR who have tried new formulas and ideas to keep FG's interestin?

~ Rant Over.

ZodR_ARG said on March 13, 2013 at 4:48 p.m.

Changes to all characters!?
That's gonna be awesome :D

Ex_Ein said on March 13, 2013 at 4:51 p.m.

So BB/Gulity Gear and Virtua Fighter fans?....you again are limiting it to capcom. Anyway Skullgirl is still on my sh!t list as a game.

Viewtifulz said on March 13, 2013 at 4:58 p.m.

Adding on to what you said.

UMVC3 Dominant characters.

Morrigan+DOOM = Lockdown 75 percent of the cast with nothing to do against it.

Vergil = ridiculous range, combos, anchor abilities, DHC's, Teleport Mobility, Mixups,Crossups,Resets.

Magneto = Better specials, mobility, DHC's,resets, grabs,normals, safe cancels, speed, combos, mixups,crossups, Zoning/Rushdown better then majority of the cast.

Doom = ^ minus grabs and speed and best assists in the game.

Spencer = unscaled up grapples enough said.

Nova = Mobility and Grabs...........................

Zero = ................................................

Wolverine = Still good like original MvC3

Minus a couple few who arent named if you arent them or the mentioned above then your character/team is struggling.

Davison89 said on March 13, 2013 at 4:59 p.m.

I'm a SF 2/3/4 Player and I love this game.

Viewtifulz said on March 13, 2013 at 4:59 p.m.

#10 rarely anything heard from them honestly unless im proven wrong.

Hadouken_Os said on March 13, 2013 at 5:08 p.m.

Haters gon hate. There's a filter option now, no excuse for being brats complaining about a game you don't like.

I just hope this isn't another 800+ MB update for the Vita version when the patch drops.

AttorneyMayCry said on March 13, 2013 at 5:22 p.m.

Dear complainers,

Not every game is supposed to be serious and competitive like Street Fighter. Some people want games that are just fun to play and relax from the competitive scene with fun party brawlers like this and Smash. And there are 1v1 options, so I'd hardly call them 100% party games. Each game has its own gimmicks too. So stop your whining. Also, enough complaining about the cast already. I want Sora in this game and I want MegaMan in MvC, but I'm not crying about it.

Sincerely, AMC.

AdonVega said on March 13, 2013 at 5:26 p.m.

Listen, I know my comment was a negative one but I honestly wasn't trying to troll, honest. I just was disappointed with what I saw. It felt like a rip-off of smash bros. The idea of having Playstation characters all in one game fighting each other sounded rad to me on paper, but it just didn't pull through in what my expectations were. I apologize for the way I wrote my comment in regards to the negative tone it took, it was the first time I talked about how I felt about it. I am very much a SF player, but I enjoy all types of fighting games. I will try this game again, perhaps stick with one character and learn something useful. If I looked at it in terms of WHAT the team that created this did, they made a great looking game. Again, I apologize for the negativity, was just sour about it all.

Boogityboy said on March 13, 2013 at 5:30 p.m.

SteelTaiho said on March 13, 2013 at 5:42 p.m.

All they need to do is make it easier to combo for some characters, reduce the length of a roll, make everyone a bit more unsafe with their moves. In my opinion the two characters who are the most difficult to deal with are Drake and Sly Cooper. I swear they are like Perma safe.

SteelTaiho said on March 13, 2013 at 5:46 p.m.

Oh and make Jak's level 1 actually worth it please!

LordProsper said on March 13, 2013 at 6:05 p.m.

Game is fun but they have made some piss poor roster decisions, IMO.

TrueGamingGuru said on March 13, 2013 at 6:06 p.m.

@11 Its just that my problem with MvC3 in general was that the combos can destroy before the match starts (not asking to alter the gameplay), but there are attacks that should not do that much damage. Another thing is that I felt that blocking in general just felt like nothing (maybe except advance defense) or that even defense is worthless against a god-like combos. The thing I had problem with spammers is actually Sentinel's certain attack that you press down and certain attack button which can be countless lasers hitting you, even blocking doesn't help enough against a spammer. Its not that MvC3 is a bad game, it just not balance. (its my point of view)

@17 What do you mean work on your troll sense? Besides I don't troll, and mostly I stand up against certain people that make pointless hate comments.

JiCi said on March 13, 2013 at 6:15 p.m.

One thing I'd like them to fix with the supers is either:
- make them COMPLETELY invincible upon activation
- don't drain the entire meter on a whiff or on a cancel, maybe just 25% of the meter instead.

The game should't be THAT harsh if you misuse your supers.

Oh, and in arcade mode, change those matches where you must be the first to get 3 kills by matches where each character has 2 lives. Seriously, these matches are broken, because you can either get all 3 characters in one single hit, or the opponent can do that without you to stop it.

hazelnut1112 said on March 13, 2013 at 6:17 p.m.

Well, time to abuse the hell out of that Parappa glitch while it's still active.

suicidali said on March 13, 2013 at 7:15 p.m.

I play Parappa, and this is the first time I've heard about the Boombox glitch. Just went on Youtube to research further...
Good lord.
Anywho, in terms of balancing I dunno what could be done to improve PASBR... Maybe buff some of of Fat Princess' Circle attacks? A few of them seem a bit pointless at the moment.
Oh, and Sweet Tooth's level 2, but everyone knows how much that sucks anyway.

EarthRyno said on March 13, 2013 at 7:43 p.m.

@24 NO! Fatty P is one of the strongest characters in the game. She needs absolutely no buffs.

I play All-Stars very avidly and competitively. People are right when they say this game is broken. The tech that has grown in the community and the meta game have really narrowed it down to 3 or 4 characters that dominate. Top 2 are only matched by the other.

The patch for this game is very much needed and will hopefully breathe some new life into it. Improving the netcode is priority number 1 in my opinion though. There is really no offline scene for this game, but the online scene is there. Unfortunately, the poor online play after recent patches has made it so difficult to play that a lot of people are just giving up.

TLDR; this patch is good news.

Keyblade said on March 13, 2013 at 8:16 p.m.

Very curious to see how characters will fare out after the patch, I must be one of the few people to enjoy this game haha. This is a great game to play, it gives me breaks from playing all of the more mainstream fighters. As a Kat player I wonder what's her glitch.

ya_boy said on March 13, 2013 at 11:13 p.m.

I got this game as a gift and I barely play it every now and then but if they nerf Sly to hell then I will just trade this game in towards BioShock.

EarthRyno said on March 14, 2013 at 1:15 a.m.

@26 Kat has a moves that lead to crumbles that can be combo'd into moves that lead to staggers which can be combo'd back to crumble moves. She can build a bar of meter from one hit and then still confirm for a kill in the same combo. Something that no character can do from 0 meter.

fgjhrtsdfwe said on March 14, 2013 at 3:51 a.m.

Guybrush20X6 said on March 14, 2013 at 3:51 a.m.

What's the Parrapa glitch?

Wonder what other changes will be made.

Ninjax said on March 14, 2013 at 5:20 a.m.

Hopefully Kat's roll is fixed because whenever she rolls backwards she automatically faces the other direction.

Mx_Paladin said on March 14, 2013 at 6:52 a.m.

God please make Jak, Dan, (insert many other low tier) characters viable.

RonaldRogan said on March 14, 2013 at 9:11 a.m.

God this game is terrible. Chars too small on screen, most level 1s look the same, roster is very unbalanced, roster too small, only supers kill is annoying, game just ins't fun. I've played it and I just end up turning it off to put in Smash.

People are allowed to be negative as long as they can speak to their negativity. I'll play it at a friend's house for a few minutes, but I can't help but thinking it feels like a $20 downloadable arcade title.

Kairosbland said on March 14, 2013 at 9:19 a.m.

Please nerf the hell out of Kratos and nathan's AP gain. Reduce the durability of Nathan's barrel, reduce the tracking more on Kratos' S1 nd increase the AP needed for their supers (they both have really strong supers at 1, 2 and 3) just make tem in general less mindless.

Viewtifulz said on March 14, 2013 at 1:43 p.m.

#33 well u said it now what does it exactly accomplish? you dont like the game u have the option to filter it out. I understand you want to speak your opinion, but seriously almost everytime this game gets an article in this site its always alteast 3 comments similar to yours.

You find it similar to smash but not as good okay, been said since the reveal of this game.

Supers to kill is a bad mechanic you believe ,but its different it wouldnt just be smash bros ps version it also gets rid of the problem of just running around the stage to avoid being killed, the combo system to gain AP brings out creativity a real combo system that smash didn't really have implemented into the game. Unlike UMvC3 the game can still update to balance out characters and bring in new characters.

It's better that this game is its own thing and they can see where to pickup and improve on. Taking out the Super to Kill would ruin the games implemented mechanic and style.

TrueGamingGuru said on March 14, 2013 at 1:46 p.m.

@33 Actually people need to keep the negativity to themselves.

People who say this is terrible, are the people who doesn't even know what actually a bad fighter game and only reviewers (like IGN) are more right than the blind haters, plus the only thing that these blind haters like are mainstream COD fighter games.

When comes to roster what were you expecting? Getting certain characters is not as simple from dealing with other companies and because of the game marketing every videogame needs to get to release date (without delay), and honestly Super Kills are really not annoying (trust me I'm an expert fighter).

Sometimes there is some negativity that people really shouldn't express themselves, but if they feel like Playstation Allstars is not the game they had in mind thoes people should just not bother with any Playstation Allstars news related. Even use a news filter.

Bluefang14 said on March 14, 2013 at 6:59 p.m.

I find it particularly amusing that when people complained about Sackboy being OP, Suberbot complied almost right away. When people then complained about Kratos, they were all "just learn how to avoid it".

Santa Monica's making them play favorites with God of War.

GodPride said on March 14, 2013 at 9:04 p.m.

They need to nerf the ability to crumble into Super. I've been seeing a rise of [both] cole players lately because of it. Now I have to worry about Cole amongst other quick and aggressive types who can build meter on a whim and be able to crumple into Super. As a Ratchet player, that's tough to deal with. If not for the short hop mechanic, I'd have given up on my favorite character. Anyway, I'd like to see the devs give my boy the ability to steal much more AP off a grab. I think that would be a good offset to the quick meter building characters.

sdgwedfher said on March 15, 2013 at 4:54 a.m.

RonaldRogan said on March 15, 2013 at 8:42 a.m.

TrueGamingGuru= an expert fighter. If you couldn't tell from his username, now you know.

make this dude a mod--he's a pro.