Doomsday revealed as playable character by GameStop's Injustice: Gods Among Us promo

Posted by SFilp • March 7, 2013 at 4:38 p.m. PST
With GameStop's new promo for Injustice: Gods Among Us, fans are able to work together by sharing the page to reveal a playable character and the opening cinematic for the game.

While the goal to unlock a character has not quite been reached yet, an image of Doomsday with an unlocked icon has been found on the website, thus showing he will be a playable character in Injustice: Gods Among Us.

Click images for larger versions

For more information head over to GameStop's Join the Party website.

Via Test Your Might, sent in by jacorch.

Comments

Nukka said on March 7, 2013 at 4:42 p.m.

Where's the opening cinematic?

Garcian_Ulmeyda said on March 7, 2013 at 4:43 p.m.

Honestly, I would've preferred Brainiac or LOBO!!!!! but whatever. Hopefully Doomsday will play like HULK from UMvC3, otherwise this character will make no sense.

Professor_Icepick said on March 7, 2013 at 4:45 p.m.

That's kinda lame. Thought for sure him showing up in one of the backgrounds deconfirmed him. ...maybe there's still hope for Giganta...probably not, though.

Boogityboy said on March 7, 2013 at 4:45 p.m.

xanderglz said on March 7, 2013 at 4:45 p.m.

Superman said on March 7, 2013 at 4:47 p.m.

oh sh**

johnoftheuk said on March 7, 2013 at 4:50 p.m.

What about Blue Devil,Lobo,Booster Gold,the Parasite,Phantom Stranger,Animal Man and Mr Banjo

cybergemini48 said on March 7, 2013 at 4:51 p.m.

They said in the beginning that the game would be half Power characters and half Gadget characters. Doomsday's inclusion does not surprise me, but I was kinda hoping he was going to be a sub-boss in Battle mode. Oh well, perhaps Darkseid will be instead.

Although the fact that this promo is using his DCUO art instead of his in game art seems odd to me.

Hazzird said on March 7, 2013 at 4:52 p.m.

Just announce Raven already pls !

GenSoHotSpicy said on March 7, 2013 at 4:54 p.m.

Led Luthor isn't a heavy-hitter grappler.. He's a zoner. Did you not see his battle?

madviolence said on March 7, 2013 at 4:55 p.m.

They did wanted to include Doomsday all the way back on DCvsMK. I guess this is catching up.

TheSureFireGamer said on March 7, 2013 at 4:59 p.m.

@#5 xanderglz

Yeah, but at least Luthor isn't a grappler. Doomsday most likely is.

knuxpyro56 said on March 7, 2013 at 5:05 p.m.

Well its now left to Ares, Raven, and Black Adam

Grimmjow_J said on March 7, 2013 at 5:11 p.m.

Damn it! Where's Static Shock!

SnakeX said on March 7, 2013 at 5:14 p.m.

What a surprise! Kappa

Nukka said on March 7, 2013 at 5:15 p.m.

This applies to some games yes, I hate spoilers in adventure games and games that actually have crazy twists in the story. But for a fighter? Ultras, moves, opening animations, we're going to see it a million times anyway. And I'm sure we've already seen most of the opening cinematic through the trailers, look at street fighter.

Yarott said on March 7, 2013 at 5:18 p.m.

>Booster Gold

Green Lantern is already in the game.

h1tm0nl33 said on March 7, 2013 at 5:21 p.m.

@6 run superman, run!!!!! D:

DevilMaySpy said on March 7, 2013 at 5:27 p.m.

I have a strong feeling Doomsday and Black Adam will be top tier.

johnoftheuk said on March 7, 2013 at 5:28 p.m.

@ 18 And Mr Banjo??

HyperViperNZ said on March 7, 2013 at 5:35 p.m.

boring character.

Pachendrix said on March 7, 2013 at 5:45 p.m.

So EVERYONE wanted Doomsday, and when you all get it, you complaint? Seriously y'all just pathetic.

alfarin said on March 7, 2013 at 5:51 p.m.

@23 welcome to Eventhubs comments.

Nice announcement, curious as to who the other character is. Hoping Raven (Voiced by Tara Strong?)

BoscaBat said on March 7, 2013 at 5:56 p.m.

I don't get the hate for grapplers.

xanderglz said on March 7, 2013 at 6 p.m.

DORMWORM said on March 7, 2013 at 6:08 p.m.

#25 been wondering that myself....theres a real prejudice against Grapplers..
Ayy lets get serious here..ComicBook Characters are Huge....do you want Doomsday fighting like fei long?

MMGboys said on March 7, 2013 at 6:10 p.m.

Yes I was just going to say this

Just dont watch the videos when stuff is reveled for this game. I want to see all the characters and their supers. The opening cut scene and the actual story mode I will see for myself when it happens.

If there was a preorder for static shock at gamestop or any other store, I would have paid a long time ago

hazelnut1112 said on March 7, 2013 at 6:25 p.m.

Please let the next character be Lobo. JESUS CHRIST PLEASE!!!!

Snow said on March 7, 2013 at 6:28 p.m.

Doomsday playable?
SHOCKER! It's like I've taken a womhole back to last month. And is it me, or is that the DCUO model?

Qiwi said on March 7, 2013 at 6:28 p.m.

She's part of a stage transition though, don't think that will happen, just part of a background can easily be changed.

Another dude that's unlikely to be in is Dr Fate since he's in the background and not that big but I'm still hoping :)

GenSoHotSpicy said on March 7, 2013 at 6:34 p.m.

@13 & 14

The roster is bigger than 24.

mario3d said on March 7, 2013 at 7:13 p.m.

I'm relieved, everyone knew Doomsday is part of the roster,would be boring chars like MK bosses,chars super armor and unplayable, make bosses like SF4 to be used. Very good, Doomsday is Darkside substitute.

MALDA_IS_BACK said on March 7, 2013 at 7:19 p.m.

I can't wait to see his gameplay.

J_Tier said on March 7, 2013 at 8:20 p.m.

@35 I'm pretty sure the character in the achievement isn't Killer Frost, that's just an assumption most folks are making. If you read the comics, you'll find that Captain Cold is pretty detailed in design, so he'll likely be in while the character in the center is someone different entirely.

I could be wrong, but I'm inclined to not believe in bandwagon assumptions.

AugustAPC said on March 7, 2013 at 8:33 p.m.

Still waiting for my Raven confirmation so I cam cum geysers, but I can't say that I'm disappointed with Doomsday.

mario3d said on March 7, 2013 at 8:41 p.m.

This Doomsday image is part of the DC universe online, not oficial Injustice,sites show the code image leak,peoples saying is a trolling news and put a Derp image like char reveal, anyone can explain me?

J_Tier said on March 7, 2013 at 8:54 p.m.

@39 Killer Frost doesn't have a hood though in any incarnation--if you find a clearer image, that's not white hair, it's a hood. Lots of folks actually think it may be Circe. Though a hooded Killer Frost is plausible, but unlikely.

Qiwi said on March 7, 2013 at 9:02 p.m.

I thought someone actually confirmed there would be more than 24 characters though

J_Tier said on March 7, 2013 at 9:07 p.m.

@41 http://i.imgur.com/6wJjfKl.png

Looks like a hood from my experience (I draw and render materials for a living), hair does not move in that way as it would fall in place in front/behind the shoulders and would part in the middle above the forehead instead of leaving that triangular shadow and ridge. Hair is made of strands and not a continuous sheet, so you wouldn't get the kinks to the left and right either.

injusticefan1 said on March 7, 2013 at 9:09 p.m.

Please help how many invites does it take to unlock anything

injusticefan1 said on March 7, 2013 at 9:17 p.m.

@43 it does part and all the hair in that picture is one continuous sheet these are comic books where her hair falls is not sure fire but we still don't know if those characters are even playable

J_Tier said on March 7, 2013 at 9:28 p.m.

@46 I'm talking mainly about the ridge across the top of the head. Hair, when parted casts two shadows as it parts to the left and right, in this case there's one triangular shadow because it's a piece of cloth.

Doesn't bug me that no one else sees it though. Just 'splainin.

J_Tier said on March 7, 2013 at 9:50 p.m.

@48 I want new reveals now T.T Doomsday's not enough.

Razberryclownsac said on March 7, 2013 at 9:57 p.m.

Gimme Raven and Black Canary already. Throw in Lobo and Swamp Thing too while you're at it NetherRealm

FatMus2 said on March 7, 2013 at 11:13 p.m.

I'm pretty sure Doomsday is not going to be a grappler but rather a Hulk-esque smash you in the face type with possibly a command grab as an option. I hope there are still some reveals that have had 0 hints to them.

GenSoHotSpicy said on March 8, 2013 at 3:01 a.m.

That barebones character select screen shown in early builds is not the select screen that will be in the game at release. (Confirmed by Hector Sanchez). Hector Sanchez also stated that 12 characters is less than half of the final roster count. NRS likes to save a great deal of reveals for the final month pre-release. 26-28 characters is most likely.

Raven, Doomsday, Black Adam, Ares, MMH, Starfire, Mirror Master, Killer Frost and Blue Beetle.

Liberator said on March 8, 2013 at 3:17 a.m.

#52 Martian Manhunter will most likely be DLC!...i thought there will be another female character on his spot...my money is on Black Canary, but it might be another villain...and Blue Beetle, really now? why? i would rather have Vixen or The Huntress on his place :\

AnaboliChris said on March 8, 2013 at 3:29 a.m.

Anyone have a picture of the current character select screen with the revealed characters?

streetfighter_x_tekken said on March 8, 2013 at 4:58 a.m.

Why is everybody surprised to hear Doomsday is playable? There are pictures of him on a fighting arcade stick from 2 months ago!

PS: there are not too many heavy hiters in the game, so stop it! There will also be DLC characters, they will cover the most important DC characters, recognisability comes first when it comes to choosing playable characters.
In my oppinion the game will have around 28 playable characters, maybe some of them will need ro be unlocked wich is very nice! Capcom does not do that anymore, too bad!

MALDA_IS_BACK said on March 8, 2013 at 7:21 a.m.

Blue Beetle haves a bigger fan base then Vixen or Huntress maybe that why he haves a better chance in the game and plus we don't need Hunterss too many god dam Batman characters and I think if Jaime Reyes will be in the game he will be unique he could be the Iron Man of the game.

Torrie_De_Goddess said on March 8, 2013 at 8:42 a.m.

Didn't Blue Beetles book get canceled? I'd love Huntress (on my top 15 list and all; comics in general list) but Nightwing sort of handles that role and he's my #2 fave character in comics right after Rogue.

I'd love to see Vixen get more attention; has always been one of my faves and was done marvelously in the cartoon.

Snake_Eyes said on March 8, 2013 at 8:53 a.m.

Doomsday is such a product of the 90's, who even cares about him anymore, especially as a small playable character. He could have been alright as a big sub-boss though

HyperViperNZ said on March 8, 2013 at 9:56 a.m.

Poor Zatanna. She would be so interesting in this game. I was so hoping she made it in but now I highly doubt it since the character limit is almost reached.

Qiwi said on March 8, 2013 at 2:18 p.m.

They did. I'm pretty sure Hector did just that.

GenSoHotSpicy said on March 8, 2013 at 6:52 p.m.

There was a video where Hector stated that the roster would be bigger than 2x the current roster and at that time there were only 12 on the roster.. go figure. Quit it already.

GenSoHotSpicy said on March 8, 2013 at 6:54 p.m.

So is Bane, Harley Quinn, and Nightwing so shush.