Most popular characters, teams and more for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - EventHubs stats section preview

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • June 26, 2013 at 10:24 p.m. PDT

We're very happy to offer the most comprehensive look at our brand new stats section to date. Below you'll find images showing the most popular characters, teams and quite a bit more for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

When the full section launches, it'll cover all of the games which support characters in our Fight Tracker, from Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012, to Injustice: Gods Among Us and all stops in between.

This is only a preview, and once the full section is live, you'll see a few more bells and whistles which are hinted at in the images below, via hyperlinks, including most popular partners and team combinations for individual characters.

As the largest website in the fighting game community, we can offer a very compelling look at the current state of these games in the scene, because we support such a huge userbase. It's this userbase that the stats are built off of.

Hit the jump to check it out.

In the future we'll have additional stats previews for other games, and not long after that, we'll launch the full stats section, so you can access this information any time, any day, with just a few clicks on a mouse.

Comments

EVIL_MECHANICK said on June 26, 2013 at 10:26 p.m.

First. Spencer number 1.

Roge9 said on June 26, 2013 at 10:32 p.m.

DARN IT! I thought this was news for a new version of umvc3 for a sec lol.

wollowizard808 said on June 26, 2013 at 10:38 p.m.

^lol

xBMxSage said on June 26, 2013 at 10:42 p.m.

I'm probably the only person who will ever play Nemesis and Chun-Li on the same team. And I'm actually a little surprised by how far Doom is in the lead for overall usage.

And as always great job Ehubs!

Struggs said on June 26, 2013 at 10:49 p.m.

Amazing!!

Kamehamehadouken said on June 26, 2013 at 10:50 p.m.

Wow, these statistics! No wonder why the same people keep winning majors. The vast majority of players aren't playing with the right characters.

DevilMaySpy said on June 26, 2013 at 10:53 p.m.

Now THESE are good stats. Not the fraudulent mess presented in past weeks.

Sidenote: Viper has the same usage as Phoenix Wright. Low tier heroes unite! Kappa

xBMxSage said on June 26, 2013 at 11:17 p.m.

Question: Under common partners and teams and the location of ____ players where it says full list, is that not accessible yet because it won't let me click on it.

Catalyst said on June 26, 2013 at 11:20 p.m.

@xBMxSage

These are images of the webpages that will be available in the future. Once the section officially launches, all of this stuff will be clickable.

CrimzonWolf777 said on June 26, 2013 at 11:30 p.m.

Soo...out of 10 popular teams, you only see 12 characters. Sounds about right.

Ginta36 said on June 26, 2013 at 11:32 p.m.

Eventhubs... This is incredible.

xBMxSage said on June 26, 2013 at 11:33 p.m.

@Catalyst - I see. Thanks for the info.

OmALY_04 said on June 26, 2013 at 11:54 p.m.

1/4 of the players use Doom. Wow. That's just... wow.

Ban Doom in a tournament and we've got a completely different game.

ScrubStep said on June 27, 2013 at 12:09 a.m.

As a day one Doom player, i think its time i dropped him.

:*(

Great job with this feature btw!

aceinu said on June 27, 2013 at 12:11 a.m.

That Phoenix Wright info can't be right. There is no conceivable way that Phoenix Wright mains are actually running him with Frank....

InitialR said on June 27, 2013 at 12:27 a.m.

BlueLagoon4 said on June 27, 2013 at 12:30 a.m.

Eventhubs, please do the same with Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Catalyst said on June 27, 2013 at 12:39 a.m.

@BlueLagoon4

It's already done, well, mostly done, just not public yet. We're tying up a few loose ends, but TTT2 is definitely supported already.

Misei said on June 27, 2013 at 12:41 a.m.

@2 yeah i thought the same with the massive UMVC3 logo, thought it would be bigger news

Catalyst said on June 27, 2013 at 12:42 a.m.

Just to follow up, all of these games will have stats available for them on launch day, just like Marvel does here.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

Note: Team games have more data than 1 character games, but all team games 2v2/3v3 will look very similar to how UMvC3 does. The 1 character games have a solid amount of data as well, just not as much as the team games.

goron_ninja said on June 27, 2013 at 1:04 a.m.

Great stuff, let's see Injustice next!!

Frankyzappa said on June 27, 2013 at 2:14 a.m.

Wow, Jill is the least used character in the game. It doesn't shock me but damn that's a shame, she's so fun to watch.

omgitsjulian said on June 27, 2013 at 2:14 a.m.

not many people playing my team of V.Joe, Rocket, Arthur... but i knew that already.. Pretty lame about doom, virg.. but i knew that already.

Chrisuchiwa said on June 27, 2013 at 2:14 a.m.

This is really amazing. You are the best, Eventhubs!

ponyz said on June 27, 2013 at 3:14 a.m.

wow no one plays dark phoenix anymore

Jookey said on June 27, 2013 at 3:22 a.m.

I too thought this was a new version of Marvel :(

But anyways, this is really impressive. Great job, EH!

sarif2soon said on June 27, 2013 at 3:32 a.m.

(even though this is not my game) Eventhubs, you are awesome.
SRK<Ehubs

HyperViperNZ said on June 27, 2013 at 4:30 a.m.

25% of players use Dr.Doom...disgusting.

BumblebeeCody said on June 27, 2013 at 4:47 a.m.

Only 51 people play Viewtiful Joe? Haha
Also, 25% of people (601) play Dr.Doom with Dr.Doom also being the most used assist character.

suicidali said on June 27, 2013 at 5:14 a.m.

"Anc. - Anchor, how often this character appears on teams in the middle section"
Might wanna fix that, on the main page's legend. :P
Good stuff, by the way. I look forward to seeing the stats for the rest of the games.

MisterJho said on June 27, 2013 at 5:28 a.m.

Modok is the least used character? Protip: He's secret top tier.

Doppelganger said on June 27, 2013 at 6:34 a.m.

@2/19/26
Add me to the list of people fooled by the logo. I mean, I knew in my brain and even my heart that there's like zero chance of any sort of title update, but it still got my hopes up ever so slightly for a moment, somehow.
Kind of like that time the other day some girl I like said "hey, can I ask you something?" the other day. Getting my hopes up for that .00001% chance that it could be something wonderfully epic.

WHY DID YOU GET MY HOPES UP? T_T

...anyways, good stuff, nevertheless. The hard work put into stuff like this on the site is appreciated.

ABSOLute said on June 27, 2013 at 6:38 a.m.

I'd say this is an accurate summary of UMvC3:

EDIT:
Also, great work Eventhubs.

DJScrubble said on June 27, 2013 at 7:25 a.m.

#22 makes sense as a lot of people didn't buy her or Shuma.

F1T34H0N0R said on June 27, 2013 at 8 a.m.

@#2 i was right their with you

CodeValentineX said on June 27, 2013 at 8:15 a.m.

Aww Trish only has a 5% usage rate? She kinda has it all, strong keepaway, decent projectiles, nifty tridash and some sneaky high/low mixups. Meh, I dont mind being part of the small minority who uses her :p Agree with #31 Modok is the darkhorse of UMVC, always hear a cheer and applause when hes played during tournaments!

SpankTank_aGG said on June 27, 2013 at 8:16 a.m.

#TOPTIERSCRUBS

Foot_Foot_Dive said on June 27, 2013 at 9:07 a.m.

Jing22 said on June 27, 2013 at 12:01 p.m.

Basically everyone uses Doom in some capacity since you have to know how to fight him.

NyuBomber said on June 27, 2013 at 12:09 p.m.

Wolverine/Doom/Doom is the perfect team, I agree.

MuayThaiBushinryu said on June 27, 2013 at 12:29 p.m.

As a day one wesker player, I can proudly say I've never put him on anchor. ALWAYS on point. Fear me. rar.

Frankyzappa said on June 27, 2013 at 1:32 p.m.

#34, I forgot she's "premium."

aj said on June 28, 2013 at 9:47 a.m.

What a coincidence, my main team is Wolverine/Doom/Doom. Kappa

CodeEarth said on June 28, 2013 at 8:13 p.m.

Im proud to say I'm a hsien ko player!

TrainTrackJack said on July 3, 2013 at 2:06 p.m.

Great work here so stoked to see this and to be apart of this,I just have one question.Is Fate of Two Worlds just trash. I know they're are a few technical problems with it and that makes it unplayable at tournaments,but is the game totally inferior to Ultimate MvC? I still play alot of it due to "Lack of funds" and i just find it fun.Also it would be cool to add Fate of two worlds to our profile if we choose to play it rather than Ultimate just a idea, I know i cant be the only one still playing Fate of two worlds or maybe i am idk. Thanks by the way your live streams and this list have made me a better player of fighting games. Appreciate it

Arteris1 said on July 23, 2013 at 11:40 a.m.

ok