Official Evolution 2013 tournament schedule

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • June 24, 2013 at 2:50 p.m. PDT
If any of you out there are attending EVO 2013 or will be in a stream monster state, like myself, you may want to find out which games will be played and when. The official Evolution 2013 tournament schedule has gone live today and lists each of the titles being competed in with their corresponding start times.

Everything is included here sans some of the finals as their times are still to be determined. EVO 2013 will be taking place on July 12 - 14, in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Below is an image of the schedule and you can hit the jump to check out a text list as well.

Click image for larger version

Super Street Fighter: IV
Pools, Friday 8 AM
Quarter and Semi Finals, Friday: 6 PM
Tournament Finals: Sunday (TBD)

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Pools, Saturday 8 AM
Quarter and Semi Finals, Saturday: 6 PM
Tournament Finals: Sunday (TBD)

Injustice: Gods Among Us
Pools, Saturday 8 AM
Quarter and Semi Finals, Saturday: 4 PM
Tournament Finals: Sunday (TBD)

Super Smash Bros Melee
Pools, Friday 8 AM
Quarter and Semi Finals, Saturday: 10 AM
Tournament Finals: Sunday (TBD)

King of Fighters XIII
Pools, Saturday 8 AM
Quarter and Semi Finals, Saturday: 2 PM
Tournament Finals: Sunday (TBD)

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Tournament Finals: Friday, 6 PM

Street Fighter X Tekken
Pools, Saturday 8 AM
Quarter and Semi Finals, Saturday: 2 PM
Tournament Finals!, Saturday: 6 PM

Source: SRK.

Comments

HappyOnion said on June 24, 2013 at 2:52 p.m.

way to make a statement smash!if the chart is any indication, smash bros has the highest pools count than every other game.cant overstate how excited i am for it and every other game in general,gonna be a great evo.

paralyzing said on June 24, 2013 at 2:54 p.m.

Can't wait. Going to Vegas too!

krazhy said on June 24, 2013 at 2:57 p.m.

If this goes according plan, it will be amazing!

Ett said on June 24, 2013 at 2:57 p.m.

I hope smash is the 3rd to last game on sunday.

JiFoJoka said on June 24, 2013 at 2:58 p.m.

Awesome!

I'm not sure if Smash is either the most popular or has a long schedule because of time (8 min games rather than 99 sec 2/3 rounds).

Edit: Hopefully they'll show the rules for each game.

Chrisuchiwa said on June 24, 2013 at 3 p.m.

OMG, that SSBM community! They got a lot of entrants and their game will be until Sunday? They are just amazing, wow.

TTT2 community is always delusional, no support for their game. Shame. Even P4A get more entrants than them.

caruga said on June 24, 2013 at 3:01 p.m.

I thought Skullgirls was getting stream time. Or did Injustice take that over?

Chrisuchiwa said on June 24, 2013 at 3:03 p.m.

@7 This is not the stream schedule!!! Don't panic, all is gonna alright.

okay said on June 24, 2013 at 3:03 p.m.

Maybe the pools will take longer because of less stations?

s1lentway said on June 24, 2013 at 3:05 p.m.

RIP SFxT. It's officially dead.

ShakeTheWorm said on June 24, 2013 at 3:05 p.m.

Oh, Smash on sunday ? I'm not a huge fan but it's gonna be fun to see !

renegade89 said on June 24, 2013 at 3:07 p.m.

Less entrants for Tekken than MK9? I knew Tekken was barren, but damn...

francisyorkmorgan said on June 24, 2013 at 3:09 p.m.

Erichful said on June 24, 2013 at 3:13 p.m.

JDCR already won

Sanox said on June 24, 2013 at 3:17 p.m.

Tournament Finals: Friday, 2 PM
wait what tekken on friday

damn what happend. its like everyone stopped playing tekken out of nowhere

sprflyspdrguy said on June 24, 2013 at 3:18 p.m.

@13 And so is Persona, and so I MK9. So what? Never mind, I forgot I'm on eventhubs.

Erichful said on June 24, 2013 at 3:21 p.m.

Well, FINAL ROUND is/was pretty TEKKENCENTRIC

hazelnut1112 said on June 24, 2013 at 3:21 p.m.

Injustice, Smash and KoF XIII will be having finals on Sunday is pretty damn neat. Looking forward to Evo.

BlightedAgent said on June 24, 2013 at 3:22 p.m.

I thought TTT2 would had more.

stormblazer said on June 24, 2013 at 3:23 p.m.

I think the schedule is bogus. If you have an 8 am pool for AE or MVC3 and are a top player, you are playing at 8 am and then gotta wait around all day and then play from 8pm-midnight. They should have broke it down into multiple days for each game. Having TTT2,persona,MK9 and sfxt finish all in one day is pretty dumb too. Having to possibly play pools then quarters then semis then finals in one straight shot without a break?

TheDeadTexan said on June 24, 2013 at 3:26 p.m.

Those were also Harada's words after the sales numbers for TTT2 came out.

HooliganComboFTW said on June 24, 2013 at 3:28 p.m.

Tekken scene needs to step up

Smorgasboard said on June 24, 2013 at 3:30 p.m.

Sad for Tekken and Persona. In the end both didn't live up to the hype.

KOF will probably be the first game on Sunday. I'm surprised at the number of entrants though. Hope they weren't expecting free t-shirts. Lol.

RebornOdin said on June 24, 2013 at 3:32 p.m.

derp a derp, because 3s and st totally wouldn't have pools, semis, and finals on the same day as well.

Sanox said on June 24, 2013 at 3:37 p.m.

kof deserves a prime time spot anyone who watched the evo kof finals last year will know why.

Deckard_Cain said on June 24, 2013 at 3:38 p.m.

I can say 100% that the reason Tekken #s are so low is because almost no one from the East Coast or South is going to EVO.

InitialR said on June 24, 2013 at 3:46 p.m.

daisetsu said on June 24, 2013 at 3:47 p.m.

damn!! Tekken done in a half-day! are there like only 16 entrants? what the hell happened? it has become something like blazblue where players are all talk and hype but full of excuses! SFxT looks more alive than it right now

Batmang said on June 24, 2013 at 3:48 p.m.

I'm most hype for Melee tbh. Can't friggin wait for some wavedashing action \o/

HyperGadoken said on June 24, 2013 at 3:50 p.m.

Smash on sunday but no TK or MK

(Maniacal Laugh) ^.^

gtfopanda said on June 24, 2013 at 3:52 p.m.

Can someone explain why SF4 quarters and semis aren't on saturday (I know it has been like this in the past years too)?

francisyorkmorgan said on June 24, 2013 at 3:54 p.m.

Ralycer said on June 24, 2013 at 3:54 p.m.

#23- Okay with SFxT. As the only final on Saturday, all attention will be on it. Let's make it as hype as final round.

^ This true all attention will be on it for sure :D

francisyorkmorgan said on June 24, 2013 at 3:58 p.m.

roknin said on June 24, 2013 at 3:59 p.m.

@InitialR - "I give francisyorkmorgan another week tops before he gets banned..."

That's being generous considering his content (or lack thereof) the few days I've bothered to comment. >__>

@Smorgasboard - "Okay with SFxT. As the only final on Saturday, all attention will be on it. Let's make it as hype as final round."

I'm actually alright with it as well. I'm used to running through an SFxT tourney in one day, so it looks like I can get there anytime I want on Friday, get a ton of matches in, bunk for the night, finish up and be home by Sunday if I decide I don't want to stay to watch the other finals (since I work Monday morning bright and early anyway).

...okay yeah I'm kinda' lazy like that.

osf said on June 24, 2013 at 3:59 p.m.

Those games that have finals on Friday/Saturday probably won't even get main stage either

NoizyChild said on June 24, 2013 at 4 p.m.

Damn.....how am I supposed to make pools for both SFxT and Marvel at the same time?

Also, Roknin, can you help me train online? We've only got a couple weeks left.

RebornOdin said on June 24, 2013 at 4:05 p.m.

What the hell are you talking about? Where did I mention SFxT at all? If you're trolling, please don't quit your day job.

InitialR said on June 24, 2013 at 4:28 p.m.

J said on June 24, 2013 at 4:44 p.m.

I'm gonna poopsock the hell out of this stream.

Strawburry said on June 24, 2013 at 4:53 p.m.

Sorta sucks that there are Japanese players that came JUST for Persona 4 Arena hoping it would be on Sunday on the mainstage and are stuck for the entire weekend, #RIP Better having it there than not having

francisyorkmorgan said on June 24, 2013 at 4:59 p.m.

InitialR said on June 24, 2013 at 5:01 p.m.

roknin said on June 24, 2013 at 5:11 p.m.

@NoizyChild - sure, just shoot me a message. I think I added you on XBL, if not, tag is the same as my name on here. I'll be training locally this weekend so that'll be hard, but I plan to be on very often from this week onward. :3

Rootsat said on June 24, 2013 at 5:15 p.m.

just finals in one day? are finals best of 15 or something? a whole day just for a few tournament matches? top 8 for AE last year was a snapshot already and i think is going to be worst like this. this way kills all the hype.
hope i´m wrong.

NoizyChild said on June 24, 2013 at 5:21 p.m.

I know. We played before. You completely destroyed me.

But I'll send you a request.

Blaken7 said on June 24, 2013 at 5:28 p.m.

What? when is skullgirls?

massi4h said on June 24, 2013 at 5:40 p.m.

Tekken entries must be pretty damn low, because a 2/3 set normally takes about 10 minutes. That game just takes so very damn long.
SFxT probably deserved to be on finals day more than Injustice imo, but oh well.
Here's my prediction on the order of the finals:
Injustice (9am)
KOFXIII
SSBM
AE
UMVC3

Devdan said on June 24, 2013 at 5:42 p.m.

Shut your crap, York!

srsly though, the way this is setup, I doubt anyone is going to be thrilled. I'm definitely mad that BB hasn't been in EVO since CT, yet somehow P4, and even deader anime fighter gets in just because "it's more current". Bleh. Don't even get me started on VF.

Dbarcelona said on June 24, 2013 at 5:47 p.m.

That is what I think the list is based on knowing that most people have a primary and secondary game you ever hardly see people taking on 3 or 4 games. And the separation of games just makes sense you have P4A separate from KOF just from the fact that most people play those hand and hand same you also have the MK Injustice combo and SF4 SFXT combo.

Evo organizers probably look at combinations of games that people have register for and try to accommodate most common game combinations. Even though some games aren't set for finals on Sunday this helps certain players that make it to top 32 since at that point they don't have to worry about the other game until the next day.

yay for me Smash and mvc3 are on separate days I don't have to walk around with a GCController and a arcade stick.

DProto said on June 24, 2013 at 6:20 p.m.

Tensa said on June 24, 2013 at 6:39 p.m.

@49 I'm sure BBCP will take p4a spot next year so don't worry about it anyways I'm shocked that TTT2 is lower than P4A

Batmang said on June 24, 2013 at 6:40 p.m.

For those of you who think that Melee's entrants reflect its timeslot, it isn't necessarily so. It could be reflected by the number of setups (remember guys, it's on a different console :P) as well as the time it takes for a match, which is 8 minutes. So yeah. Not trying to downplay its entrants as I'm sure it's doing just fine, but it's an explanation for why its pools are from Fri-Sat.

handsofgod said on June 24, 2013 at 6:46 p.m.

this is pretty cool, its a good way to try and hype up sfxt, obviously there aren't as many entries but that was to be expected, with the game getting so much stick, but i hope the entries will be more solid less noobs to watch in pools and probably a good stack of online warriors and the pros and with no ae on that day it gives them a way to push it to the viewers but saying that it is competing against marvel which gets a huge amount of views, fingers crossed it get exposure, my guess will be the sfxt tourney will be solid, fingers crossed to that too lol.

also i think it helps the players who are juggling ae and sfxt as they can focus on one game a day, pretty smart!

DrDucker said on June 24, 2013 at 6:56 p.m.

stream warrior weekend.

TheLaw said on June 24, 2013 at 7:02 p.m.

@42 yep... no one cares for TTT2 at all. It doesn't have a huge fanbase at all LOL... Someone get this idiot outta here lol

roknin said on June 24, 2013 at 7:37 p.m.

@NoizyChild - I did? No worries, any questions feel free to ask and I'll try to answer or give tips as best as I can... though the validity of said tips coming from my scrubby self may not be top notch. ^_^'

And if I don't know it, I know who to bug that knows it :3

I do remember playing you now though, for sure.

War_Destroyer said on June 24, 2013 at 7:52 p.m.

Exhibitions?

chipndip said on June 24, 2013 at 8:30 p.m.

I'm honestly surprised by the whole thing. I didn't think Injustice would get (or even deserved, with how it got into Evo in the first place) a Sunday slot. If anything, I thought Tekken would be in there, but instead it has so few entrants there's not even a quarter finals. Just semis and finals and done, like P4A and MK9. With the amount of hate SF X TKN's been getting, I'm surprised that it's at least getting around the amount of entrants as KOF, even if it finishes up on the same Saturday. Maybe now people can stop calling the game dead. >_>

Also, why would Skull Girls be streamed? I see people talking about it on this thread.

ThePowerOfPOOH said on June 24, 2013 at 8:30 p.m.

@francisyorkmorgan
why did you say evo caters to mainstream fans when all the games that have finals on sunday are the mainstream ones.Those are also the ones that you seem to be a fan of and a true arcade fighter fan should enjoy nearly all of them except for a few that the player just doesn't like the company. So if you only like the games with finals on sunday, then you are a mainstream fan

dorayaki said on June 24, 2013 at 9:24 p.m.

I think i remember somewhere that they skipped a day for some games so that the players would have a full day to enjoy Vegas sites, etc and not worry about checking in for games (if you only reg one game). Thus, if you're Marvel, you don't need to be there Friday or you can site see. If you're SF4, you can mess around Sat.
I don't concur with it but I think that's what they said somewhere.

Echo01 said on June 24, 2013 at 10:19 p.m.

Yo, what happened to Tekken? No entrants? That's a shame man, was looking forward to that. Would love to know how it matches up against Soul Calibur V's numbers from last year.

acku said on June 24, 2013 at 10:51 p.m.

Zenman said on June 25, 2013 at 12:43 a.m.

Tekken is a lot more fun to watch than to play. Plus it's as popular as SF4 outside the US, and I would imagine a lot of people from oversees are gonna watch EVO. Low entrants doesn't mean low viewer numbers. But that's just my educated guess, I don't have any numbers to back this up.
They're doing themselves a disservice by putting it on Friday in my opinion.

scytheavatar said on June 25, 2013 at 2:39 a.m.

@62 the TTT2 numbers have never matched that of SCV numbers for the same events last year. TTT2 drew 219 players in the last Final Round (and many were hyping about the love shown to TTT2) while SCV drew 255 in the Final Round last year (and the ridiculous thing was that they tried to run SCV without any pools). So the numbers of TTT2 this EVO is always going to be lower than what SCV drew last year.

sarif2soon said on June 25, 2013 at 7:58 a.m.

is paris hotel bigger than caesar's palace?

Strawburry said on June 25, 2013 at 9:58 a.m.

@Devdan dude CS2 was at EVO when Spark won in 2011, Mike Ross even helped make the intro for the pre finals intro. CT came to American consoles the week before 2009 EVO get your facts straight You can find videos of a CT SIDE tournament when HeartNana played Noel and Combofiend was wrecking people with a week 1 Bang, here in SoCal the game isn't dead YET, T-Loc runs a biweekly and we got 44 people just for Persona we got more entrants than ncr lol

Rome_Himself said on June 25, 2013 at 11:28 a.m.

#23 goes to show you know nothing about kof.kof has the biggest international scene next to ae.so any huge tournament like evo you will see kof numbers are huge

Devdan said on June 25, 2013 at 1:09 p.m.

I have absolutely no memory of that, but whatever. I guess I'm getting old. I don't even care about BB anymore, it's had too many updates that weren't substantial enough to warrant existing.

Also, So-Cal is one of the couple of places where people play fighters. Maybe P4 will hang on with those 44 people just by virtue of there not being a Persona 4: 2 Seeds of Evil update to invalidate the skills you've learned.

Wavathar said on June 25, 2013 at 6:55 p.m.

THE HYPEEEEEEEE!!!

The agreenment has already been done: from EVO Friday to Sunday, the computer is mineeeee!!