Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • June 22, 2013 at 9 a.m. PDT
Harada will add characters to Tekken Revolution if there are enough requests, feels beginners don't need frame data so will not include it If there's a specific character you'd like to see in Tekken Revolution, Katsuhiro Harada said there needs to be enough requests and the team will add them in, citing specifically that if the community wants Kunimitsu in the game, they need to let their voices be heard.

In some unfortunate news, Harada also noted that the game's training mode would not feature frame data, because he feels beginning players have no need of it.

Harada added that if there are enough downloads on the PS3, a Vita version might surface. He also recaps some previous Tekken X Street Fighter news, reiterating it's, "under development with a changed platform strategy."

Lastly, he mentions that a Tekken project on the next generation PS4 is a 'secret', which definitely hints at a new version of Tekken in the future. You can read all of these responses by hitting the jump.

Arandesu: Hello I was wondering if Kunimitsu could appear in Tekken Revolution? Thanks.

Harada: It will be realized if there is much request.

DS91_FGC: No training mode + no frame data = no play :(

Harada: Huh, I said we will add training mode [to Tekken Revolution]. And no need frame data for beginners.

Beatdowniidx: Any chance for Tekken on the Vita?

Harada: If the number of downloads of PS3 becomes large, I'll port to Vita.

SingingJay97: TxSF news. When will we hear anything? Is it cancelled?

Harada: I said "it's not cancelled" million times.

Bunnyspatial: But what did you really mean?

Harada: Also I said "it's under development & Changed platform strategy" MILLION TIMES.

Adei0000: I pre-ordered a PS4 and I want to know will be there any Tekken game on that platform.

Harada: Secret.

Source: Harada's Twitter.

Comments

Meety said on June 22, 2013 at 9:06 a.m.

Harada gives his word and stays with it. That goes the same with his games, if they're likely to be done, he'll give the announcement when he says so.

Chunners said on June 22, 2013 at 9:10 a.m.

TxSF can't be any worse than SFxT. Players may be cautious to jump on it though after getting burned by SFxT.

SeriphAngel said on June 22, 2013 at 9:10 a.m.

So now only beginners play the game or tournament and more dedicated players are not as important? That just kind of pissed me off. Because beginners do not use it is not a plausible argument to not have it. You have already given them super moves that they spam and fail to use properly. They need something to actually start seeing why they are getting beat on...

MALDA_IS_BACK said on June 22, 2013 at 9:11 a.m.

WTH! happen with TXSF did the game got canned

illness690 said on June 22, 2013 at 9:14 a.m.

Gotomaster said on June 22, 2013 at 9:16 a.m.

@4 Did you not read the article?

Themax24q said on June 22, 2013 at 9:17 a.m.

harada please add Jin Kazama and hworang to tekken revolution.

gohan16ken said on June 22, 2013 at 9:17 a.m.

I hope that TxSF does not ONLY come out for PS4 and XOne. I hope that it comes out for PS3 and X360 also.

Lockm said on June 22, 2013 at 9:17 a.m.

@4 Harada even said in the above quotes what is happening with TxSF...

Anyway personal view, i REALLY hate this model for Tekken. I rather give a one time payment for infinite play where i also can play offline.

Grevier said on June 22, 2013 at 9:18 a.m.

I think that Harada is practically saying this:
"Fow now we're focused on Revolution and it's development to see how much it's worth, TxSF will be a thing we will work on when we've finished with our current projects"
A way like another to say "Until our current projects are working well, we don't need TxSF"

JdotSweapA said on June 22, 2013 at 9:26 a.m.

Frame data would have been a nice touch, but I really mind either way.
But to avoid putting it in purely because you don't think it'll benefit beginners seems a bit selfish to me. Beginners aren't the only people who play the game after all.

StuntmanJames said on June 22, 2013 at 9:34 a.m.

First request for raven and marduk on Tekken Revolution.

badjab326 said on June 22, 2013 at 9:42 a.m.

@3 and @11

It's an online only game, that you have to pay or wait a certain amount of time to play. Come on now, it's not like ANYBODY is gonna be playing this in tournament, this game doesn't need to be studied. This game is just a taste of Tekken, ask for frame data in the next iteration of Tekken that has offline vs.

Smorgasboard said on June 22, 2013 at 9:45 a.m.

SingingJay97: TxSF news. When will we hear anything? Is it cancelled?
Harada: I said "it's not cancelled" million times.
Bunnyspatial: But what did you really mean?

I'm re-posting it because a million times is apparently not enough. Also, for the people who keep thinking that nobody is asking about it.

shinra358 said on June 22, 2013 at 9:49 a.m.

Frame data is dumb anyway. But by all means, if you want your game to not live very long, go ahead and include it :P

Xykes said on June 22, 2013 at 9:57 a.m.

@3 SeriphAngel

"Harada I really hope you are not becoming the latest Capcom and start this "we must make sure beginners feel loved too" nonsense and forget who your original fans are of Tekken..."

DO YOU KNOW WHO HARADA IS? HAVE YOU READ ANYTHING HE'S SAID IN THE PAST 3 YEARS?

Harada is ALWAYS talking about making the games easier for beginners and lower level players. He has said this COUNTLESS TIMES.

But, since he's not "Crapcom", you act like you never heard it.

That's the entire reason he added SINGLE mode in a TAG GAME (TTT2). To make it easier for BEGINNERS.

And, the entire purpose of Tekken Revolution is to introduce BEGINNERS to the game.

Pay attention.

DevilMaySpy said on June 22, 2013 at 10:07 a.m.

Changed platform strategy, meaning it's going to next gen consoles? I'll pass.

SeriphAngel said on June 22, 2013 at 10:08 a.m.

@#16: First off watch yourself I am not your puppy and sure as crap not your equal nor slave. Do not think because you are behind a computer screen I am going to sit here and let you "believe" you are above me in anyway. Stay in your place.

Second off I know what he says and does but he has not ever used that as an excuse to "not" add something to a game.

That was not the reason he added Single Player. He added it for those who did not wish to play two characters or only preferred their one main. It allow others to not feel obligated to try someone they obviously did not want to play.

Do not tell me what I act like. If you believe you can judge me you best be ready to back it up. Regardless of what company says it it tends to be Capcom so I am going to use Capcom as an example. Have a problem with it? Your fault.

So again how about you take you "own" advice and pay attention.

SeriphAngel said on June 22, 2013 at 10:12 a.m.

#13: Your point? What you say and Harada's reasoning are on two entirely different wave lengths. If Harada said what you said then I would be fine. But since he did not and his reasoning is "because beginners do not need it" is not a valid reason for more than beginners play. They already get enough hands to hold.

So yeah again your point? Online, free, whatever, saying because a beginner will not use it does not mean a game should not include something. If that is the mentality taking with future titles then half the cast shall be dropped, the moves would become simplified, and we will have yet another SCV in the making.

chowdizzle said on June 22, 2013 at 10:18 a.m.

@18: Lol wow. Someone is easily set off. And for the record, yes Harada has been pushing to get the casual market into Tekken. Tekken is immensely complicated and as such most people shy away.

I couldn't disagree more about frame data though, I think it's more important to understand when playing Tekken than basically any other fighting game.

AURON570 said on June 22, 2013 at 10:20 a.m.

Frame data should be included in any fighting game, along with ability to show hitboxes in training mode.

It's like showing a spell's cooldown, cast time and effects in an RPG. Why the would you not include it? Why should I spend dozens of hours in training mode trying hundreds of moves against hundreds of other moves going "ohh... that looks KIND of fast.. but it loses to x, y, z, so I guess those are .. A LITTLE faster??.. but it looks like the hitbox is low.. but it loses to this mid, but not other mids..." When I can just look at the frame data and hitboxes and have something more objective to go by.

But even then, just including hitboxes and frame data isn't enough. It just really sucks that in developing a fighting game, so much money is spend on animation and balancing hitboxes and frames that there is so little resources left over to develop ACTUAL detailed tutorials, for all the characters, all the systems etc. That slowly introduce concepts, moves, etc. while also letting the player experiment and find their own style and characters they like.

Maybe I'm just salty because I suck, but whatever, that's what I think about including frame data and how to make fighting games more accessible.

StarGalaxy777 said on June 22, 2013 at 10:22 a.m.

Mr. Harada can you please add Alex/Rodger Jr. he was my first character i played when i went to a arcade and I'm just a lover of dinosaurs and the boxing gloves are icing on the cake

SeriphAngel said on June 22, 2013 at 10:23 a.m.

@#18: Ohohohoh, believe me that was mild. I am not saying he is not attempting to make it more accessible to casuals. Do not get me wrong. I am saying that I am not up for the idea of things being added and removed merely to make it easier for beginners as an excuse. Removing bound again was fine with me. It was not a very liked feature anyway by the majority, lol. I am also okay with the moves having more realistic physics on hit. But not adding something as valuable as frame data just because sorry to say "noobs" just say, "meh I am going to keep pressing the flashy button that make me sparkle" is not a good reason to shy away from the idea.

I would love to know what move I could use to retaliate against Kazuya's high stun, etc.

NoizyChild said on June 22, 2013 at 10:24 a.m.

The problem is, not making beginners feel welcome is exactly why Tekken is being played less and less.

Say what you want about Capcom, but they never have problems keeping a community or tournament scene for a game.

JdotSweapA said on June 22, 2013 at 10:25 a.m.

I agree with everything you said, but I think you misunderstood me. (probably because I missed out some of the words while typing :s) My gripe wasn't the fact that frame data wont be there (I don't use it anyway XD), it was the reason he gave for not putting it in.

Tensa said on June 22, 2013 at 10:27 a.m.

Capcom makes there games fun for people who just wanna mash cool moves out with there friends an also they make the game pretty deep which is pretty cool anyways I like Tekken revolution its a good game for people who are not good at tekken an wanted to at least try to be decent

SeriphAngel said on June 22, 2013 at 10:29 a.m.

@#3: No offense but not every game needs to. Beginners have a bad tendency of making games value go down because they choose to stay beginners and not actually try to learn the mechanics. Instead they pull a instacomplain and blame everything around them. "That" is the situation right there. They have no more entitlement to special treatment than anyone else, especially when they are the first to complain and cause the people who actually play the game to become alienated and have to suffer in the end. We have seen the results with SCV how everything begin so linear that game lost its real value of the series and became SF3D.

I will also agree and disagree. The lost the community with the original release of SFIII because it was far too advance and did not have the normal cast. They had to add them back. The also lost it with SFxTK and the SFxTK tournaments also are being dropped. So yes they know how to keep a crowd pleased but that is not to say what they do at time is beneficial for the games or the communities that play them.

NoizyChild said on June 22, 2013 at 10:36 a.m.

SFxT got dropped from a weekly. That's not saying much. Plenty of games get dropped at weeklies.

And you're wrong about New Generation. People stopped playing it because the parry system was broken at the time. Pressing down allowed you to parry everything.

SeriphAngel said on June 22, 2013 at 10:40 a.m.

@#28: I did not know that but I am informing you of what I read about the game at the time. But thank you for adding that.

Caliban said on June 22, 2013 at 10:41 a.m.

hworang plz

phoenixkusanagi said on June 22, 2013 at 10:46 a.m.

Hmm. I don't know whether to be pissed at the fact that there's no frame data, or not. I'd rather just learn by experience, anyway. Too bad no one around me plays TR....*sigh*

Dragonken said on June 22, 2013 at 11 a.m.

Tekken for Vita, please! That handheld needs a Tekken title.

Meety said on June 22, 2013 at 11:01 a.m.

If you guys are looking for frame data, go to any of the Tekken forum sites that has that stuff,it's about the same as TTT2 except the Special Arts, overall learn how punish or space.

TheLaw said on June 22, 2013 at 11:03 a.m.

@18 " Harada I really hope you are not becoming the latest Capcom and start this "we must make sure beginners feel loved too" nonsense and forget who your original fans are of Tekken ". Yea.. that attitude'll increase your Tekken Community. And i love how you talk s/hit about Capcom but you have a morrigan Avatar... can't wait to d-ride them when a new DS comes out huh? SFxT is fun-to-play for advanced AND beginner players... and it worked. If you want a highly advanced game go play KOF13. Making a game difficult to play isn't going to attract more people in the long run. It may work, but not likely. Just because SFxT dropped from weekly tournaments you act like it died lol... it's still at EVO so..............

SeriphAngel said on June 22, 2013 at 11:12 a.m.

@34: That was cute. I do not recall stating Capcom did not make good games. I do however say and will continue to reiterate that they have a bad habit of making game series easier for the casuals and beginners. That statement shall not change regardless of what I play since I kind of oh I do not know own practically every SF, DS, JoJo, etc they have released, so I can easily see the differences and comparisons from each series and sequel made. So yeah not emptily accusing or bashing the company when we all know that is exactly they have been doing to their games recently.

I also own nearly every KoF made as well so that would not be a problem and I would love to if they would have thought twice about making an 2 person online lobby, with a horrid netcode.

I also do not recall stating that SFxTK was a bad game. I play it but since you want to and jump into others discussions that comment was made as a time where Capcom did not reach the expectations with that games release and did not get loads of positive feed back.

jadeguy said on June 22, 2013 at 11:13 a.m.

humm harada wheres Tekken X Street Fighter? And please Harada put Karin Kanzuki in TxSF and i would also like to see Shin Kamiya from Tekken Blood Vengeance in one of the Tekken Games. Harada you are awesome man better than Capcom.

illness690 said on June 22, 2013 at 11:18 a.m.

TheLaw said on June 22, 2013 at 11:19 a.m.

@35 never said you did recall saying SFxT sucked... the point is you can't talk s/hit about a company just trying to get more people in to fighting games/that fighting game. Your just making yourself look bad as part of the community. And that was weird how you just said that a block of words were "cute".. O_O

KissofPoison said on June 22, 2013 at 11:23 a.m.

@ Seriph

Just because you feel something should be included and you want something doesn't mean that it must be in. And not EVERYTHING about a game must be for pros. Perhaps this game is just to bring new life in beginners so fro the next console mainstay release more adopt and purchase their product.

Go play something that fits your cookie cutter needs if you have a problem.

Redblaze27 said on June 22, 2013 at 11:30 a.m.

Tekken Revolution is made as a beginner's game, it offers nothing to the more serious player. Don't you have Tekken Tag Tournament 2?

BallTapper said on June 22, 2013 at 11:32 a.m.

"lets go on twitter and complain to harada about not having in game frame data because there isnt this magical website called google that can take us to any tekken website that would have frame data." if beginners are determined enough to get past that button mashing stage, im sure they would take it upon themselves to google "Tekken Revolution Frame Data" or "Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Frame Data" and use that since its roughly the same and probably not cry like a helpless 4 year old

SeriphAngel said on June 22, 2013 at 11:35 a.m.

@#38: I am making myself look bad in the community because I do not want to see every title diminished all for the sake of beginners choosing to sit there and mash away instead actually learning something? If so that is fine.

There is enough easy in the world from a technical and educational standpoint as it is. The more advance society seems to get, the less people feel they need to learn, try, and do for themselves. No thank you I shall pass on that way of thinking and continue to open doors and wipe my own back side until I am incapable of doing it on my own. If you find it weird that means I have done my job since I truly despise cute.

@#39: I agree with you but I am not about to listen to you and stop playing Tekken.

It has nothing to do with me wanting or not wanting something(which obviously you are all too asinine to realize) it is his reasoning behind why it should not be added(which I have said countless times already) that bothers me. He pretty much said, "because group A does not or will not use it, group B will have to suffer for it."

Erichful said on June 22, 2013 at 11:41 a.m.

#TTT2 VITA??????!!!!

bunny said on June 22, 2013 at 11:42 a.m.

needs 100% more Lee!

Schwoi said on June 22, 2013 at 11:46 a.m.

I agree with Seriph.
to exclude something because it is not needed for beginners is kinda spit in the eye of everyone who wants do delve deeper and would appreciate a frame data.
It's like saying this game is for beginners ONLY

Evil_Gotenks said on June 22, 2013 at 11:53 a.m.

Tekken Revolution isn't aimed towards the pros anyway, so I don't see the problem with frame data not being included. The game will never see tournament life and with the system being different from TT2 (no bound, special & critical arts), TR does have a chance of effectin ur TT2 game for the worse.

Even then, its quite bad for beginners too. The amount of kazuya's i have come across that think they can win with only his special art is disgustin. And then the fact other beginners fall for it.

EVIL_MECHANICK said on June 22, 2013 at 11:56 a.m.

I need more TxSF. There's enough tekken. I know this is harada's brand but capcom jump on SFxT fast. They didn't focus on no other fighting games until that was done. Not only that, they came with a update. The FGC has been waiting on this for a long time. When are we gonna get some definitive details? A video? Something to keep our beaks wet until its released? Every time I hear about harada in FGC related news I pray for some TxSF news. C'mon harada. Something. SOMETHING. ANYTHING!!!!!!

SeriphAngel said on June 22, 2013 at 11:57 a.m.

@#46: Yes...that is exactly what occurs. We must not forget about the laws. It is kind of what I feared would happen once I realized what exactly they meant by supers and specials in the game. I knew once that was the case I would see high levels but no actual skill.

I believe I have only played 4 people since starting the game who actually posed a challenge. Makes me wonder if anyone on TR has ever actually played any other Tekken before it.

Evil_Gotenks said on June 22, 2013 at 12:07 p.m.

#48 Given the amount of poor people i have faced over DR, T6 and TT2, i'd say the TR girls have played past Tekkens (especially the kazuya's, they didn't need devil's lasers or uf4,4,4,4 to be pointed out for spam). It's just this game is pointin out several moves and sayin "use me if u want to win"

It probably doesn't help that a good portion of the Tekken community that consider themselves above beginner level won't play it or have stopped already. Out my tekken friend group, only me and one other actually play it

SeriphAngel said on June 22, 2013 at 12:10 p.m.

@#49: You raise a very good point. Them making the moves appear to have special properties(even though we all know they are merely the same moves from the old series made flashier) cause people to feel more entitled to use them. Kind of why I do not like the super effects because people unknowingly are drawn to those specific moves and that is in any series.

I just want my William sisters back. Until then Lili will suffice and continue to have me kicked and call a spammer through out my day, ohohohoh.

Smorgasboard said on June 22, 2013 at 12:15 p.m.

You are playing a game for beginners and you are complaining doesn't cater to non-beginners? Do you also go to kiddie pools and complain it's not Olympic size?

InitialR said on June 22, 2013 at 12:33 p.m.

Duggs26 said on June 22, 2013 at 12:35 p.m.

Having Kunimitsu in this game would be amazing aaaaah

Hammer said on June 22, 2013 at 12:48 p.m.

@Seriph. You definitely have a valid point with the watering down of the learning curve. Your mains in tekken tag are nina and anna, might I asked how long it took you to master them, and did you look up the frame data when you started playing said characters?

I love tekken. It is my go to fighting game. What I can firmly say without opposition is that i did not start playing tekken and immediately went to look at frame data because it was absolutely irrelevant to me as a beginner. I'm not saying its something that's irrelevant, just not to a beginner. I got tekken 6 and learned zafina not caring about frames, I got ssf4 and learned hakan without caring about frames. Frame data does not interest a beginner of a series. Character connectability does. I feel Harada is doing a good move by not including this, and I feel its justified.

And I must say that comment you made about bounding is false for me. I love the bound mechanic.

SeriphAngel said on June 22, 2013 at 1:01 p.m.

@Hammer: Pfft I have been playing them since Tekken one and me saying that I have mastered them would be an insult to them, ohohohohoh. There is so much more that I need to learn and understand about them even after all of this time. I looked at frame data and move data later on down the line to try to get a better understanding as to why some moves were better than other.

While frame data is an amazing tool I am not implicating that it is mandatory but it is a lovely tool of information. I agree with you that it is not needed by beginners and I agree with Harada that beginners will not use it. I do not approve of his reason for not adding it though. I also agree that character connect-ability is extremely important for that is why Nina and Anna are still with me even though I do play with others.

I do not mind bound either way. I will use them or not use them. It was more of a majority vote type of statement than merely my own, ohohohoh.

Hammer said on June 22, 2013 at 1:13 p.m.

Great answer. I don't have a rebuttal because all humble tekken players know you cannot truly master a character in tekken. You're points are not without merit and as for them not including the frame data I'm more inclined to vote with you now they should include it in the future maybe if tekken revolution picks up. I must be honest I havent downloaded it because I really thought it was a beginner intro to tekken. I will download it and give it a try now.

Meety said on June 22, 2013 at 1:31 p.m.

Trust me, it's not too satisfying, if you casually see spammers that don't try, so I return the favor, so quit with the spamming and at least try to learn the game a little more.

gohan16ken said on June 22, 2013 at 1:35 p.m.

You one said SFxT, TTT2, and then TxSF. Where did TR come from? We want TxSF not TR.

Bank said on June 22, 2013 at 2:53 p.m.

Harada stop snapping at people -_- not everyone follows your twitter e.e

dro2191 said on June 22, 2013 at 3:13 p.m.

@59 you would be snapping at people too if you had to repeat your self a million times,

anyone correct me if im wrong, it was to my understanding that tekken R was not only intended for beginners but it was to test out new mechanics that they could implement in future game such as TKxSF or tekken 7, i also heard they would be adding a new mechanic every month or so

Kenshiro said on June 22, 2013 at 3:21 p.m.

TR is a precursor to how the crossover from Namco's may play out. Nobody's forcing you to play the kiddie version. Just shut up and wait.

2nd_striker said on June 22, 2013 at 3:36 p.m.

Harada vita owners want tag 2 NOT revolution

bunny said on June 22, 2013 at 3:45 p.m.

...still pretty good for free

Galaxy said on June 22, 2013 at 4:39 p.m.

I think Harada seems like a real super cool A$$ dude,and I admire the effort he puts into the games he makes, but I don't know If I can agree with the statement that "Beginners don't need frame data". True enough I don't think square one beginners need all those things thrown at them at once, but maybe a lot of people stay at a beginner level (or what seems like a beginner level), because they don't understand things like frame data or how important a thing like that is to learn in Tekken?

BlazinKoolBreez said on June 22, 2013 at 7:15 p.m.

#7 has the right idea
with that kind of thinking,you are going places #7

BlazinKoolBreez said on June 22, 2013 at 7:27 p.m.

@64 Harada is definitely a kool dude
Im not saying frame data is not important but lets be real, many ppl who play Tekken Revolution r beginners because non-beginners wouldve got T6 or TTT2 if they wanted the full Tekken experience, not a FREE Tekken game wit a purpose 2 introduce new players to the Tekken world simply... frame data is nice and all but other things should take priority over the addition of frame data like more characters or customization or training (which Idc much for, I feel online is great training, beginners may feel otherwise), bottom line taking time to giv frame data for every move isnt top priority

GodPride said on June 22, 2013 at 8:13 p.m.

Harada doesn't want to spend any more resources on a game that wasn't built for the veterans. I don't blame him. The hardcore fans will most likely stick with TTT2 anyway.

Syirine said on June 22, 2013 at 9:02 p.m.

he just gave us a reason not to play this.

LK said on June 22, 2013 at 9:29 p.m.

You got TTT2 already. "Are you not entertained?!"

Shumanigans said on June 22, 2013 at 9:35 p.m.

I want some stance characters in TR (the not-so-complicated ones like Zafina). I want to see how they'll work with the invincible moves. I'm really hoping stances won't just end up being invincible move bait.

BallTapper said on June 22, 2013 at 10:47 p.m.

@Shumanigans
Steve Fox, Leo, to a lesser extent Marshall and Lars

ROSHINOBI said on June 22, 2013 at 11:11 p.m.

SeriphAngel...i was with you, until you kept spamming ohohohoh after your comments, not a good catch phrase/word, nononono...lol, your argument made a great point though...p.s. you should stop gaming and go to law school, you got the case argument down pack:) ohohohoh Objection !!!!

TrainTrackJack said on June 22, 2013 at 11:57 p.m.

I'd like to see more unique characters like BOB,Bruce,Jinpachi, and Lei.

SeriphAngel said on June 23, 2013 at 3:44 a.m.

@Roshinobi: Ohohohoh is neither a phrase nor word. It is a type of laugh. The Karin, Naga, Mai Shiranui, etc, type of laugh. Apologies but not using it would be out of character for me. But...after looking over my messages I did use it a tad more excessively than usual so I also see your point.

None the less I appreciate the compliments on everything else.

GOGZero said on June 23, 2013 at 5:08 p.m.

Harada too good!

shadowbrawler24 said on June 29, 2014 at 10:24 p.m.

Please please please
I need Raven to be in tekken revolution. I would be more than grateful.