What kind of PC will you need to run Mortal Kombat 9? We've got answers

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • June 19, 2013 at 5:51 p.m. PDT
What kind of PC will you need to run Mortal Kombat 9? We've got answers The minimum and recommended requirements for Mortal Kombat 9 on the PC have been put out into the wild. The digital version is scheduled for release on July 3, 2013, while retail copies will be out the following month on August 6th.

PC gamers will be able to try their hand at MK9, if they meet the following system specifications. Note that Windows XP isn't supported.

Minimum Requirements
OS: (32-bit) Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
CPU: Intel Core Duo, 2.4 GHz / AMD Athlon X2, 2.8 GHz
Memory: 2 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS / AMD Radeon 3850
DirectX: DX 10
Windows XP and DirectX® 9.0c and below not supported

Recommended Requirements
• OS: (64-bit) Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
• CPU: Intel Core i5 750, 2.67 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
• Memory: 4 GB
• Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 / AMD Radeon HD 6950
• DirectX: DX 11

There's still an offer of 25% off if you pre-order MK9 before June 21, 2013 at 3 p.m. GMT.

What do you think of the requirements to run MK9? Leave a comment below with your thoughts.

Source: GreenManGaming.

Comments

SteadiestShark said on June 19, 2013 at 6 p.m.

I gotta question how much better "recommended" looks than the consoles, because they're asking for way more power than both of those machines can output.

Noocta said on June 19, 2013 at 6:03 p.m.

It's pretty normal stuff for a PC game.

Chryo said on June 19, 2013 at 6:28 p.m.

Yeah, the recommended settings are pretty standard midrange gaming PC. Still, listed system reqs tend to be BS sometimes.

@1 Maybe they optimized it like ass, hope your PC can bruteforce through it. Or maybe like I said they just winged it and put a bog standard gaming PC in there as a recommended spec and called it a day, it happens a lot more than you think. Technically my old PC couldn't run Dark Souls in 1080p at all and yet I did just fine.

Anyway, honestly I wouldn't expect anything more than a straight port without mouse support (for the menus of course). If it's just that then fine, I just hope they don't screw things up. Warner and HWS seem pretty hush-hush about the whole thing, not even a single tweet from the latter about the port, it's a little scary.

ReddChief said on June 19, 2013 at 6:30 p.m.

Step ya PC game up if you wanna play a console game especially it being a fighter they can only dumb it down but so much

shinra358 said on June 19, 2013 at 6:31 p.m.

Please be 3DVision Ready.

Ja_Kal said on June 19, 2013 at 6:31 p.m.

shinra358 said on June 19, 2013 at 6:35 p.m.

The arcade kollection took some power too for some odd reason. The old pc versions were horrible. Dem Midway bad coding skillz!

JIHADJOE said on June 19, 2013 at 7:31 p.m.

^ I thought the old MK2 PC was rather well done.

godfist314 said on June 19, 2013 at 7:40 p.m.

@8 JihadJoe Yeah, I played MK2 PC back in the day and it was pretty fun. It had some slowdown on the computer I played but it had some lag so I guess it was my outdated computer at the time and not the game. I guess I can't really expect MK9 PC version to support Windows XP as it IS a decade old OS now, if not older. It's the price of progress I suppose.

Phynx said on June 19, 2013 at 8:08 p.m.

A GTX 560? For a console port? Goodness.

Gurpwnder said on June 19, 2013 at 8:11 p.m.

I disapprove of all these Johnny Cage beatings going on in the thumbnails.

SuperCat said on June 20, 2013 at 1:19 a.m.

Just get on and make the MK girls nude. That's all people are going to mod it for.

Sasuga said on June 20, 2013 at 2:05 a.m.

@7: You are forgetting that this game runs on Unreal Engine. Because of that it is way easier to make a pc port for it so it should run somewhat optimized the way it was originally programmed. It's not actually a port, it's probably a recompile.

dnasty91 said on June 20, 2013 at 5:40 a.m.

This is gonna be so sweet on my 670.

daisetsu said on June 20, 2013 at 5:55 a.m.

please let there be reviews about its online multiplayer.

TorTorVega said on June 20, 2013 at 7:38 a.m.

Interesting. Glad to see that they've added some DirectX 11 features to the game. That, right there, is probably why the recommended specs are so high. It depends how crazy they went with them I guess. We'll have to wait and see.

Also have to laugh at ReddChief's anti-PC trolling in every article about PCs. Good stuff.

Portal23 said on June 20, 2013 at 8:54 a.m.

I can wait for mods where they can actually make the female faces look better.

Siryoudroppedyourcombo said on June 20, 2013 at 11:16 a.m.

#1 Well it's using DX11 native so that indicates to me that they've added some DX11-specific features. Otherwise they could have just ported the console DX9 version of the game directly.

orochi_kyo said on June 21, 2013 at 12:37 p.m.

I think this game is gonna be on 1080 at 60FPS, with full HD textures, thats why they are asking for such a powerful PC on recomended settings, but to play in a TV 720 minumun requirements are ok. People are more concerned about netplay, I hope this feature get much better on PC.

fjord said on July 9, 2013 at 10:23 a.m.

Anyway, on pc, the online mode is unplayable because it lags non stop all day