Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • June 17, 2013 at 1:27 p.m. PDT
Street Fighter X Tekken not ran at Next Level Battle Circuit for past 2 weeks due to dwindling participants - a comparative look at the entry numbers Team Spooky and Next Level decided to discontinue their Street Fighter X Tekken tournaments at the Next Level Battle Circuit in Brooklyn, New York, for the past 2 weeks. The choice was made due to the consistently low number of participants in Capcom and Namco's crossover fighter each week.

Below we have compiled the number of entries for each game since the release of Injustice: Gods Among Us up until the most recent Battle Circuit. The number that follows each game represents how many players entered that tournament during that event.

Below is a bit to get you started but be sure to hit the jump for the full list.

NLBC #16

IGAU: 19
UMvC3: 25

NLBC #23
SSF4 AE v2012: 19
IGAU: 5
UMvC3: 17

As seen in the numbers above, Street Fighter X Tekken's entrants remained under 10 over the span of the last 2 months. With other games like Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 still going strong in the range of 19 - 30 competitors each week, the tag-team crossover title faced an unfortunate retrogression into lack of interest and participation.

It is currently unknown whether or not Street Fighter X Tekken will make a return to Next Level Battle Circuit. Chances are the SFxT tournament will be reinstated if more players decided to enter.

Information gathered via Next Level's Challonge brackets.

Comments

francisyorkmorgan said on June 17, 2013 at 1:29 p.m.

Mr_Pyro said on June 17, 2013 at 1:30 p.m.

welp

alfarin said on June 17, 2013 at 1:31 p.m.

That sucks. But, alas, events cut Blazblue to the curb for the same reason

ineedbackup said on June 17, 2013 at 1:31 p.m.

AE still king, yet people like level up hardly show it anymore. makes me sad

HansMoleman said on June 17, 2013 at 1:31 p.m.

RIP in peace SF x T

RebornNYC4 said on June 17, 2013 at 1:31 p.m.

22Travail said on June 17, 2013 at 1:33 p.m.

Next up to fall off....INJUSTICE:GODS AMONG US!!!!! Congrates Injustice...you will be sitting on the shelf with your brother soon (Mortal Kombat 9). Lmao...all the money Capcom wasted on SFxT when they should have just focused on SF4 and UMVC3 (In which they put behind SFxT). Jokes on them.

ShinzoBishamon said on June 17, 2013 at 1:33 p.m.

@4 AE is still the most played fighter its just really boring now

Ph0enixLife said on June 17, 2013 at 1:33 p.m.

Damn shame. It's a fun game that is being swept under the rug because of all the bonehead moves Capcom made when it came out. Hopefully something happens that can bring the game back life like when the 2013 patch came out.

Foot_Foot_Dive said on June 17, 2013 at 1:35 p.m.

Xul said on June 17, 2013 at 1:35 p.m.

francisyorkmorgan said on June 17, 2013 at 1:40 p.m.

BlackMasamune said on June 17, 2013 at 1:45 p.m.

Geez, and now that the VXG qualifiers are over, it's done for.

Dragonken said on June 17, 2013 at 1:48 p.m.

Such a shame, i really enjoyed watching it.

Tensa said on June 17, 2013 at 1:48 p.m.

If he thinks AE is boring then so be it can't have everyone like everything I still enjoy AE though an Injustice numbers gotten pretty low the past few weeks hopefully it will pick back up.

Jaaj301 said on June 17, 2013 at 1:49 p.m.

@12 I was about to say the exact same thing. SF4 is not boring, it's just that you have to know what's going on to understand the skills behind it, the small adjustments players constantly do, the things they AVOID to do.

Marvel is about the things you see, SF4 is about the things you DON'T see. Casual viewers will always prefer action over smart play, sadly.

TheLaw said on June 17, 2013 at 1:50 p.m.

@12 ssf4 IS boring to watch... i mean i do enjoy ssf4 and SFxT but its more fun to play both than watch both. The only time i enjoy watching ssf4 is when Momochi's playing. Same w/ SFxT (THE COOL KID98)

mavfan619 said on June 17, 2013 at 1:50 p.m.

#7 #11 that's the right attitude to have, hope other games die out competitively. As a "community" I would hope these games thrive personally. Shame about SFxT.

hazelnut1112 said on June 17, 2013 at 1:53 p.m.

Damn, those numbers for Injustice really impressed me. Very low and now they are pretty high up there.
Also, who didn't see this coming? SFxT was bound to dwindle in numbers even if updates tried to help it.

CyberAthlete said on June 17, 2013 at 1:56 p.m.

@12 This guy knows whats up

Tensa said on June 17, 2013 at 1:57 p.m.

@18 I hate when people want other games to die for whatever reason its just really silly I haven't played SFxT in about 2 or 3 months but last I played there wasn't many people online.

Green016 said on June 17, 2013 at 2 p.m.

I really wish SxT would be dropped completely from EVO. It's just a complete waste of time imo and I'm sure thousands will leave their monitors since they just don't wanna watch it, me included. Nothing against all the players that like the game, wish I did too to be honest. I bought it at launch and really wanted to get into it but I think it's just ass.

DevilMaySpy said on June 17, 2013 at 2 p.m.

I'm guessing Injustice had 5 entrants last week because a lot of people went to E3 or were preparing for that Boston tournament.

Doopliss said on June 17, 2013 at 2:01 p.m.

SFxT is really good, but frankly, SFIV has ruined what little footsies I had, so I can't play SFxT.

icejohn said on June 17, 2013 at 2:02 p.m.

@16 nice explanation.

I'll give capcom some points for trying to fix the mess they created, but some times you only get one chance to make a good impression and they blew it soo hard we should pay them money.

BlackMasamune said on June 17, 2013 at 2:04 p.m.

I think it's good a game that utilized so many shady business practices dies off, even it's fun to play. Gotta send a message.

Madmax77 said on June 17, 2013 at 2:07 p.m.

@#5 you just said Rest in peace in peace...
That's sad because I liked that game.
Yet, even my friends prefer playing SF IV or UMvC3 than SFxT...

xanderglz said on June 17, 2013 at 2:13 p.m.

YumaTsukumo said on June 17, 2013 at 2:14 p.m.

RIP In Peace

badjab326 said on June 17, 2013 at 2:14 p.m.

I'm glad about this, imo SFxT was a bad idea from the start. But I'm gonna have to start going to more Injustice tournaments to show support for that game.

DunnDeal said on June 17, 2013 at 2:15 p.m.

I enjoy playing the game but all we see on stream are the same characters. I never watch sfxt streams. It's Law, Jin, Kazuya, Ryu,Law,Law,Law

BlackMasamune said on June 17, 2013 at 2:25 p.m.

@28, see #23.

Malice said on June 17, 2013 at 2:26 p.m.

No surprise. The last remnants of people were playing to get that free trip, and now that that's over, there's no reason to show up to play SFxT at NLBC.

Plus the competition is online anyway, and there will still be turnout at major tournaments, so it's not a big loss that there's no longer a weekly for it. And I'm sure that Injustice will fall off pretty soon and we're back to the Big Two again.

NoizyChild said on June 17, 2013 at 2:29 p.m.

LOL @ people thinking that the game not being at Next Level = dying.

#33 summed it up nicely. The game is still at tourneys and is thriving online.

Chrisuchiwa said on June 17, 2013 at 2:31 p.m.

Wtf Injustice just dropped like ..... OMG Is the game dying already?

Sad for SFxT, good game though!

YanDaMan said on June 17, 2013 at 2:35 p.m.

SFxT isnt bad anymore, but that doesnt mean people will forgive it for its DLC fiasco.

Blame Capcom's greedy ass for killing the game in week 1.

TheTHCGamer said on June 17, 2013 at 2:37 p.m.

Well it's a start.

TheLaw said on June 17, 2013 at 2:40 p.m.

@31 i chuckled when you said " Ryu ".

suicidali said on June 17, 2013 at 2:43 p.m.

It's a shame, I would totally go to a weekly to play SFxT if I could, though the closest scene I've got only plays SF4 and Marvel.
I guess it's true what they say about first impressions...

tortoos said on June 17, 2013 at 2:50 p.m.

Don't really see a big deal about this. Much better games, like blazblue or KoF have been dropped from events for similar reasons.

shinra358 said on June 17, 2013 at 2:55 p.m.

#35 - happens with all Netherrealm games. Blame the lackluster music and boring overly reused animations. I haven't seen anything MK9 related in a loooooong time. Blazblue and Persona I knew were gonna drop fast because nobody really likes generic anime fighters (guilty gear isn't one of them because it doesn't contain genericocrity :P).

Killer Instinct could be the next great long lasting rival to SF4 if it were only multiplat or at least for PC as well. The community just str8 up ruined SFxT and the auto-launching and lack of 1-0n-1 doesn't make things any better.

Alkipot said on June 17, 2013 at 3:04 p.m.

mrdrofficer said on June 17, 2013 at 3:13 p.m.

I'm still shocked how people have reacted to this game, nearly a year later. People were going to want a patch and new characters just like they have for every Capcom fighter ever. What was wrong with planning ahead and having that patch ready? You were not entitled to that extra patch anymore than you were Super Street Fighter IV because you bought Vanilla. AND it was going to be half the price at $20 instead of that games $40.

The real shame is in people wanting it to die when a 20 percent speed boost and another year's balance patch and we would have had a solid timeless fighter like Cap's other games we still play a decade or two later.

Kijui said on June 17, 2013 at 3:14 p.m.

Why doesn't anyone ever watch me play? I'm fun to play against altough I'm pretty much the Dan of the FGC. I know my stuff pretty well but I still get my butt handed to me in the most hilarious of ways. In Smash, its different

Mrb20028 said on June 17, 2013 at 3:17 p.m.

It's simple. Too many new fighters and just new great games are coming out. Some are getting pushed out of the spotlight and some are just starting to stand in it.

youngpatiwon said on June 17, 2013 at 3:21 p.m.

sad never will see my girls in a street fighter game again

ChrisRG21 said on June 17, 2013 at 3:24 p.m.

It's a shame this game isn't getting more participants like the other games, I still enjoy playing this game like the rest of other fighting games I play

ReddChief said on June 17, 2013 at 3:30 p.m.

It's just another SF4 which is cool but with Tekken characters which make it not so interesting so people just rather stick to SSF4AE plus they got Marvel as a second game

chipndip said on June 17, 2013 at 3:49 p.m.

It sucks, but I'm not that surprised. NLBC didn't really have SF X TKN players. Just dudes that "could play it" outside of like...Dieminion and Sabin.

I honestly wish the game could get a do over of some kind. But honestly, just the name of it is probably gonna haunt it forever. Sucks since between this game and SFIV, it's this game where I don't see people blatantly mashing the life out of light dp during my block strings.

Pachendrix said on June 17, 2013 at 3:52 p.m.

Anyone saying AE is boring deserves a bullet to the head right NAOO!!!!!!!!!! AE is the king of fighters (damnit Ms. Fortune, now I'm starting to use puns... >:O), and it should be the main game in most majors.

UmVC3 on the other hand...there's like 3 or 4 players that are worthy of watching, the rest are just a bunch of top tier whores with Magneto, Doom, Vergil, Zero, Morri...ResidentSleeper

SFxT should be banned for life from every single stream. The game is crap, no matter how hard people get payed to promote it, it sucks.

And please stop whining about Injustice, the game is better than Ultimate Broken Infinites vs X-Factor 3, and lately when going head to head (IGAU on one stream and UMvC3 on another), Injustice is drawing more views. ;D

Lastly, since it's clear that SFxSh!t is a piece of crap, they should start replacing it with Skullgirls in every tournament so a game that is actually worth watching/playing, gets the screen time it deserves. Or at least replace it with KoFXIII.

InitialR said on June 17, 2013 at 3:53 p.m.

chaoslimits said on June 17, 2013 at 3:54 p.m.

#49 Don't talk about what you don't know.

Weekday weeklies are just too hard for me to attend; NLBC starts while I'm still in the office. I try to attend all the Savage Saturdays I can though.

DumbDLC said on June 17, 2013 at 3:55 p.m.

Off with its head

chipndip said on June 17, 2013 at 3:57 p.m.

^ So if you're not there...then that doesn't make me wrong. I didn't say "East Coast", I said "NLBC". As in those in attendance. Just Chun jabs or the usual Law stuff, with a few timer schemes here and there. At least, from what I saw.

Dedemaru said on June 17, 2013 at 4 p.m.

It really depresses me to 1) see games die out and more so 2) see how much hate there is in the FGC. Why would anyone want any other game to "die"? If you don't enjoy other games, so what? Why can't others enjoy them? Do you really need to dog on them and hope they and their communities die out? I wish every fighting game could have a thriving community, but that's just not probable. However, I would never wish a community to go away, talk badly about a game just because it's not my taste, or even hate on someone who enjoys said game. Until stuff like this changes, the FGC will be stagnant, largely in part to the miserable, reality-doomed virgins spewing hate from the other end of their computer monitors. You people should go find some sort of happiness in real life and then come back and compare how you behave.

GodPride said on June 17, 2013 at 4:02 p.m.

The oil and skittle filter ruin the game for me. They should have stuck with the prototype they showed at Comic Con '11.

ShinzoBishamon said on June 17, 2013 at 4:07 p.m.

@50 I think the game is extremely boring but I still play it. I actually mainly play KOF and GG and sometimes. I just wish they were just working on an SF5 not another update to AE.

AkumaMishima said on June 17, 2013 at 4:11 p.m.

Alternatively:

"Why would anyone want any other game to "die"?"

SFxT was taking Capcom games in the wrong direction. They didn't listen to us when we told them we thought Pandora wasn't useful in development, they didn't listen to us when we said we didn't want mandatory gems, they took baked in characters and made them "DLC" and they didn't take a serious look at all this till half a year after launch.

It's not the game, it's Capcom.

AveMcree said on June 17, 2013 at 4:12 p.m.

@50 injustice has never had more numbers than UMVC3..... lmao STAPH

daisetsu said on June 17, 2013 at 4:22 p.m.

bring in the 2014 patch!....

so whats the numbers like for other fighting games these days?
P4A?
KOFXIII?
MK?
TTT2?

ChrisRG21 said on June 17, 2013 at 4:25 p.m.

#55 exactly people need to stop killing other games, people need to ignore a game they don't like but not kill it

samuraix025 said on June 17, 2013 at 4:36 p.m.

I personally stopped playing the game no because its bad but because all you see online is law nina hworang and kazuya, and with law and nina's crazy abti air hworang standng low and fast over heads, and finally EWGF, the fun has been taken out for me. (and guy elbow not having a air hit box sucks)

but outside my personal thoughts

Capcom killed xtekken when AE.2013 was announced

irrenmann said on June 17, 2013 at 4:57 p.m.

It's unlikely anyone considers this a surprise.

I also think it is unlikely that the Tekken X Street Fighter product will actually come out.

thegoldencat said on June 17, 2013 at 4:59 p.m.

Bummer.

SgtKonus said on June 17, 2013 at 5:02 p.m.

Played SFXT, I didn't really enjoy the game but different strokes for different folks. I don't mean to offend anyone but it is incredibly mean-spirited to wish for this game to die. Others enjoy it, so please don't wish hateful things for it.

Skye said on June 17, 2013 at 5:03 p.m.

Ah dude..that really sucks. I wish this game picked up more, I really like it. A real shame.

Wulfsten said on June 17, 2013 at 5:05 p.m.

Looks to me like there's about 9 regular tournament players in the Brooklyn area for SFxT, compared to about 20-30 for AE. Yeah, it's smaller, but that's a pretty small sample size with which to make the claim "Oh no one plays SFxT dead game is dead."

Add to that the hostile atmosphere a lot of the FGC has towards SFxT, and it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people who loved SFxT stayed home to play it online rather than bother coming in to an arcade so some arseholes can sneer at them for playing a "dead game".

Ice9 said on June 17, 2013 at 5:06 p.m.

It's about time.
I wish people would stop trying to go against the natural process of letting it drop off entirely.

I love Tekken and I love Street Fighter equally, but this specific game just doesn't have what it takes to last. I don't understand what would possess people to continue trying to hold up something that seriously looks like it has the structural integrity to hold up the attention of a large deal of casual or competitive players.

I mean, it's not a competitive lockout like Street Fighter II or Virtua Fighter, but it's definitely lacking the all-around design integrity of the SF4 series, MvC3 (And MvC2) TTT2, MK9 and even injustice...which is sad since I really doubted MK9 and Injustice would ever be worth anything in the long run. (How wrong I was.)

Making things worse, I don't understand why it is Eventhubs still blatantly favors it so much that it's been put ahead of newer releases on the top bar despite it's age. Like, How TTT2 has been pushed back near the end on the furthest right after injustice.

Just based on what's more accepted in both casual and competitive scenes, SFxT and TTT2 should switch places.

blackerthancoal said on June 17, 2013 at 5:07 p.m.

what a shame. it's a pretty good game, but after v2013 fixed most of the things wrong in v2012, it raised more flaws that have gotten more exposure lately. it really needs another update if it hopes to survive.

xShonuffx said on June 17, 2013 at 5:21 p.m.

Here come all the no life trolls to gloat.

Gotomaster said on June 17, 2013 at 5:30 p.m.

xTekken came at the wrong time. The game should have been released this year, rather than 2012.

1. The game would arrive in the competitive scene, where Ae and Marvel were at a slight slowdown. Thats how people gravitated towards Injustice, the games people played were getting stale at that point.

2. Capcom could have iron out all of the initial problems and probably done some more tweaks to make the game more refined and better looking. Because that was sfxt problem, it was very hard to make the game look good, even with top players playing.

3. Better business practices would have helped get more people into the game. Sfxt is a relatively easy game to get good at, but all of the potential new players it could have had were turned of by the shady dlc practice.

Capcom messed up the games launch and were to hasty with the release, no amount of updates could solve that. Lets hope they learned from this.

JimmyLoves said on June 17, 2013 at 5:50 p.m.

No one in the FGC should be surprised that this game is fading. It's fun, but games that 50% of the time end in timeouts will never last.

Just because a game is a "fighting game" does NOT make it good.

Do Starcraft players have to actively support every single RTS that is released? Of course not.

Capcom is repeating the exact mistakes they made when they first started this genre. Everyone wanted a street fighter 3; and they NEVER made it. They did everything but make what the fans wanted. By the time SF3 came out, most of the hype was dead...

Did anyone ever request this game? No. It was a profiteering move; which bit capcom in the a$$.

Capcom should concentrate on correct and balancing SF4, and creating a new great engine for SF5.

lordrockman said on June 17, 2013 at 5:52 p.m.

Simply enough like someone said on team spooky stream injustice drew in all the players from sfxt! and its a damn shame because i like watching sfxt even though its naptime for me on AE'12

tortoos said on June 17, 2013 at 5:56 p.m.

I personally would be down for sf5 over even more updates to 4. That game has been played to death at this point. Would be even better if it moved back towards the pace of sf3 instead of the more defensive play of 4, but that's not likely to happen.

julio_anima said on June 17, 2013 at 6:11 p.m.

SFxT might be dead on NLBC...but it's still alive and well in the eyes of the supporters (me included). Who knows, the online warriors might flock out to EVO and give that breath of excitement into the game again.

youngpatiwon said on June 17, 2013 at 6:22 p.m.

#75 is right all sfxt supporters lets go to EVO. I'll be going

Cardinair said on June 17, 2013 at 7:14 p.m.

Fun Fact: SFxT is pretty big in Europe. Way bigger than UMvC3, at least.

dro2191 said on June 17, 2013 at 7:47 p.m.

well that's a shame but the main competition is online anyway, to me a game isn't dead unless both the online competition and tournament competition are down, if one side is still strong and the other one isn't then the game isn't dead imo, and why are we taking about this game anyway what happened with PlayStation battle royal, persona 4 and so on

bls123pop said on June 17, 2013 at 8:15 p.m.

Yeah, SFIV and SFxT are equally boring.

cinnamonpirate said on June 17, 2013 at 8:56 p.m.

Can you provide a source? I would love to find out why that is.

sprflyspdrguy said on June 17, 2013 at 9:21 p.m.

New York not playing SFxT is not news. They still play Marvel 2.

Ice9 said on June 17, 2013 at 9:33 p.m.

Cardinair:

Well, considering how It's still not as popular as the original-release Blazblue over there....that statement doesn't amount to much at all.

In the grand scheme of things, the game still has a hell of a mountain to climb regardless of the monstrous negative PR the game has. Either way you look at it, the FGC isn't doing itself too much good by supporting it any further. It honestly isn't worth it at this juncture.

chipndip said on June 17, 2013 at 9:54 p.m.

^ Then what about about MK9, Blaz, and P4A? MK9 is the most dead game out, and it still gets tournies (albeit small as hell). P4A and Blaz are only popular in Japan for the most part, Skull Girls gets a showing, but only in side tournies. Should we kill that game off completely cause it's "not doing much for us"? KOF is dead online, but does "decent" at majors. SF X TKN still gets entries at majors. Around the amount of KOF and Tekken Tag Two, if not more or slightly less. Still, people gimp the game by making it air early in the morning or spamming its chat with R. Sleepers when people are trying to enjoy it. You're honestly not giving the supporters of the game enough credit by acting like it's more abandoned than it really is.

Your logic is mean spirited, and if it was applied, we'd be playing nothing but AE, Marvel, and Injustice.

musacci said on June 17, 2013 at 11:42 p.m.

Ice9 said on June 17, 2013 at 11:54 p.m.

@chipndip

You must have misread somewhere. The person I was responding to made a statement about Europe. not N/S Americas and not Japan/Korea. Furthermore, I already mentioned The first/original Blazblue in relation to the game (Not Continuum shift or future releases.)

I'm not making personal attacks on any person and with that much said, I'm not sure it's fair that you can project yourself as if you're taking this personally.

The only thing that's mean-spirited about the subject matter is the game in itself. If you honestly consider the amount of integrity capcom had with making this game and look at how much turmoil the game's mere existence creates, I can't fathom why any self-respecting person would think it was worth their time trying to consider it either acceptable as a game worth spending time with or welcome in any sort of tournament, sponsored or otherwise.

Again, I have no emnity with you and you should never try to find ways of convincing yourself that I have anything against you. To my knowledge, I don't know who you are and I've never spoken to you. You're a stranger, but I respect you as I would any other.

But that does not mean I'm under any obligation to accept a Product that only stalls, stagnates or even has potential to corrupt the growth of the FGC.
Before now, only the Dead Or Alive series has had so much contention involving it's status, but now the DOA series absolutely pales in comparison to SFxT and that reality is the elephant in the room that some people in the FGC are just being too willing to ignore.

If people ARE voicing their criticisms, it isn't your job to tell them to keep quiet as it just makes matters worse. It's your job as an active participant in the FGC to find some common ground and seek a solution that could help things be better than what they are. That way we as a whole can grow as a community and iron out flaws.

Skull7XIII said on June 18, 2013 at 12:08 a.m.

@12 is that what your coffee told you?

Thancruz said on June 18, 2013 at 12:23 a.m.

NLBC=/= entire SFxT community. It not being shown at ONE weekly doesn't really mean anything. If that's the case Marvel 3 should be considered dead since it use to practically be on every day of the week when it launched, option select Monday,blah blah blah tuesday, WNF, etc. people need to stop trying so hard to be anti- sfxt at every small chance, that phase has been beaten to death already internet...

BigFleccs said on June 18, 2013 at 12:39 a.m.

SFxT was dead 19 days after release IMO. I supported it till the dlc came out. I been dead even after v13 patch. Better but still a turd.

BigFleccs said on June 18, 2013 at 4:12 a.m.

Told you it was dead LAST YEAR!

rc_on said on June 18, 2013 at 4:44 a.m.

Let me guess: You went back to SF4 or umvc3. You dislike the game because of Capcom's business decision but at the same time you are rocking that Cammy DLC alternate. I don't even know why I post this, since this place is full of hypocrisy and ignorance.
"RIP in peace" to sum the majority of the comments up. If these comments reflect the opinion of the FGC then I don't see any kind of hope for it.

Frank_Lucas said on June 18, 2013 at 6:52 a.m.

This whole commentary is a direct by-product of appealing to the 'casual' gamer, and I'm not sure people even realise it. People are bored of playing a fighting game which is 4 years old... hmmmmm..... Yet some people are still playing Third Strike, even ST.... hmmmm....

Isn't it obvious at this point that a 'community' based on a 'type' of a game (which is almost a niche within a niche) almost demands by definition that you be hardcore to sustain the games played therein? The relevance? Arcade-fighter gamers were hardcore. They paid money - easily more than the sum of a console game - and played the same games for years; to learn every nuance of the games and best the competition. Becoming clearer? Casual gamers by their definition are not vested into a game with that level of commitment by THEIR definition. This is the double-edged sword of drawing in the casual market I alluded to in my first sentence. The scene is filled with so much more people now (a credit in many, many ways) that games have to stand up to the scrutiny of far more people than ever before. The internet is a huge contributing factor to this.

To simplify my point in response to the comments here, it is extremely difficult (read: impossible!) to hold the attention of today's gamer and there isn't a game released now that cannot be updated. One more update? Really? Just know that there can NEVER be enough updates to satiate the demands of today's gamer. AE and UMVC3 are the stallwarts. Why is this? two words - Supreme Clientele! The fanbase for these games go back generations. Everytime a newer or less proven franchise releases a game the interest spikes, levels-out and then eventually dies off.

Before anyone points out the pedigree of bothe SF and Tekken with regards to SFxT, just bare in mind that this game is an experiment, and it would seem not a successful one at that. It tries to marry the gameplay of 2 distinct entities and succeeded at alienating the fans of both - tekken heads prefer tekken, SF heads prefer SF. For this reason it is a standalone title filed under the category of unproven.

Only when the community is on the brink of starvation again will any title stand a chance at revitalising it again. And at the moment our plates are full!

Pugz

Xykes said on June 18, 2013 at 9:19 a.m.

Hey EVENTHUBS...HOW COME THIS WASN'T NEWS???: http://twitter.com/nycfurby/status/33...

Arturo (Sabin): "Wow I won cross again! It was the 3rd highest # of entrants. I got a 1k pot bonus on top thx to

When SFxT does well, NO ONE POSTS A DAMN THING.

Who gives a crap about weekly tourneys?

What about the countless other games that have dwindled in other various weekly tournaments?

How come it's never news when SFxT get's good numbers at the recent majors?

Didn't it get like 96 or so entrants at UFGT?

Raiden8 said on June 18, 2013 at 9:43 a.m.

Real shame about sfxt. Surprised about those IGAU numbers, but Im hearing some folks are already tired of it.

Rome_Himself said on June 18, 2013 at 10:38 a.m.

I enjoy the game but I'm not shocked.I just hate the fact that because its a capcom game it has to be announced when being dropped while the blazblues tekkens and kofs were just dropped without word

CheeseCakez said on June 18, 2013 at 11:21 a.m.

So uh... When's Tekken x Street Fighter cumming out?

dro2191 said on June 18, 2013 at 10:17 p.m.

@#90 and @#94 got it right

ShadolooDoll said on June 19, 2013 at 9:30 p.m.

This is a bit misleading as this is only one event. However, I can understand the dwindling numbers as this "balance patch" created worse centralization than vanilla imo. Tekken characters that did not need improvements got them, street fighter characters that did not warrant certain nerfs got them (unless you are Chun or to a lesser extent Rufus) which is why you cannot watch a high level stream without seeing Law/Hwo/Nina/Chun. It's pretty much mandatory to have a Tekken character with free, safe, easy mode 50/50s and safe overheads that combo without a counter hit on your team now. People who were dedicated and defended this game are even leaving it, I see a lot of common SfxT wifi warriors converting back to SSF4 AE, and I don't blame them.