General Zod confirmed as 4th DLC character to Injustice: Gods Among Us, video from E3 and early gameplay information

Posted by SFilp • June 12, 2013 at 3:31 p.m. PDT
Updated: The Injustice: Gods Among Us Twitter has stated that the official reveal will be tonight on the TV show Conan.

Check out #CONAN tonight on #TBS for a big Injustice reveal.

General Zod has been confirmed as the fourth DLC character to Injustice: Gods Among Us, YouTube user Rashod Muhammad has posted a short clip of him in game from E3.

Additionally, ConradimusPrime of GameFaqs has posted details on his special moves and trait. Hit the jump to see all the notes.

Special moves:

Cannon: can be done in the air, meter burn fires two additional shots diagonally, fanning out
Pistol: pretty fast, meter burn fires more shots
Ground zap: fixed range attack, can hold or dash cancel. Sucks. Meter burn is ok, dunno if it otgs
Superman punch: works like supermans, but ends in a throw

Parry: it... Parries. Doesn't stay out as long as batmans, but better than jokers
Force palm: king of like cyborgs air concussor. Mb pulls you into the phantom zone, sets up a combo.

Trait:

Pulls out the phantom zone monster. Hitting the button again makes it punch, but doesn't make the monster go away. It has other moves it can do but the only one I used was a grab that holds you down like swamp hands

Super:

Knocks you into space and onto the moon then punches you through the moon, then a third hit back to earth. Like superman but brutal

Gameplay information source: Test Your Might. Sent in by leviathanSP.

Comments

Shajita said on June 12, 2013 at 3:32 p.m.

YOU WILL KNEEL BEFORE ME!!!!

jtir123 said on June 12, 2013 at 3:33 p.m.

I hope they reveal his video soon. I want to see it in motion.

leviathanSP said on June 12, 2013 at 3:35 p.m.

Thanks for the credit EventHubs! Hopefully this gets NRS to speed things up with an official reveal.

xShonuffx said on June 12, 2013 at 3:36 p.m.

Me want!!!

Batmang said on June 12, 2013 at 3:39 p.m.

That super was pretty awesome. Also, his playstyle is very different from Superman also, even though they're both Kryptonians, so that's good.

illness690 said on June 12, 2013 at 3:40 p.m.

Foot_Foot_Dive said on June 12, 2013 at 3:41 p.m.

DevilMaySpy said on June 12, 2013 at 3:42 p.m.

This is my shocked face: http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/penguins-...

Torrie_De_Goddess said on June 12, 2013 at 3:42 p.m.

Looks good.

EvenflowCP9 said on June 12, 2013 at 3:43 p.m.

Per the Injustice Facebook page, there will be an Injustice announcement on Conan tonight. Look forward a true reveal video then, I'd guess.

BUYACUSHUN said on June 12, 2013 at 3:45 p.m.

probably be a mid-tier addition. I'm just waiting for lobo to kick ass instead of being some crappy addition

Foot_Foot_Dive said on June 12, 2013 at 3:45 p.m.

xbonedfail said on June 12, 2013 at 3:46 p.m.

Grow870 said on June 12, 2013 at 3:46 p.m.

inb4 future complaints about zod being OP and scrubs hollering nerf

illness690 said on June 12, 2013 at 3:49 p.m.

badjab326 said on June 12, 2013 at 3:50 p.m.

10 bucks says this gets Rashod banned from E3.

Blazur said on June 12, 2013 at 3:50 p.m.

Apparently this will be revealed on Conan tonight. Wasn't he spotted at E3 today?

WeEsportsNow said on June 12, 2013 at 3:51 p.m.

gamekingcaleb94 said on June 12, 2013 at 3:51 p.m.

Zod looks interesting and I knew it won't be similar to Superman after seeing Batgirl, who people thought it will be similar to Batman. Can't wait to see the full potential of Zod!

cnorw00d said on June 12, 2013 at 3:56 p.m.

is zod blonde here? I swear most versions of zod has black hair and a goatee

Batmang said on June 12, 2013 at 3:59 p.m.

I usually don't watch Conan, but Nathan Fillion's guest starring. Just more of a reason to watch it :)

@20 he's actually bald

FlynnChop said on June 12, 2013 at 4:03 p.m.

Looks more bald than blonde to me. And I think the goatee is intact. Maybe a chinstrap? Difficult to see from the vid.

ScrubStep said on June 12, 2013 at 4:04 p.m.

Glad i decided to wait on the first season pass

TrapcomLovesKayo said on June 12, 2013 at 4:06 p.m.

Hector Sanchez is that you?

Syirine said on June 12, 2013 at 4:09 p.m.

Hype?...

Where did I put it...

fxtricky said on June 12, 2013 at 4:09 p.m.

Cmon Neverrelm??? If it wasnt for the Man of Steele movie then it be another batman char for christ sake or a mortal kombat char. I hate this cop out crap devs do or no inovation or just plain copy and paste ideas just to make a buck. Work that moneys devs and corps. They should have never ever put a mk(COPY N PASTE)char in it in the first place true fact. They knew that and still want that exposure like we dont know they just started making good mks since 9. FAIL ED BOON. Billions of dc char you go with a char that is base from the movie not the comics CMON SON!!! DR Fate, Static Shock, Plastic Man. Hell anyone else lets do this.

Cerevega_Alexandersson said on June 12, 2013 at 4:12 p.m.

Hey guys, to be efficient maybe we should already start the complaining even before he's released. Personally I think his force palm is way too good. It needs to have a lot more recovery on block. Also his super has ridiculous priority. Nerf him now. I don't want to fight him online all the time for crying out loud. Ed Boon plz.

SilentSoul said on June 12, 2013 at 4:14 p.m.

I'm juggling between Bane and Lobo for my third character; should add Zod to my formation. Wonder if his projectile game is as strong as Superman; hoping for a better close quarter game.

LavellUp said on June 12, 2013 at 4:14 p.m.

perfect legend joins fnatic esports team

IAMSKINJA said on June 12, 2013 at 4:19 p.m.

Am I the only one who looked foreward to all the DLC characters?

DevilMaySpy said on June 12, 2013 at 4:20 p.m.

Conan appearance is confirmed: https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/sta...

illness690 said on June 12, 2013 at 4:20 p.m.

FlynnChop said on June 12, 2013 at 4:21 p.m.

Better close quarter game than Superman? How many safe block strings/high low mixups do you need?

HyperCombinationFinish said on June 12, 2013 at 4:23 p.m.

DevilMaySpy, I totally thought that meant Conan the Barbarian was the next dlc char.

ROSHINOBI said on June 12, 2013 at 4:25 p.m.

BOSS...just wish scorpion's slot was another DC character...oh still love this game anyway...long live INJUSTICE.

ButterKnife said on June 12, 2013 at 4:41 p.m.

Oh god, the Conan reveal is going to be so cringe-worthy. Trying to get an audience hype about a mostly obscure character (until the movie comes out) being released as DLC in a fighting game that they have no intention of playing...

I can see it now.

"And I'm proud to announce the 4th DLC Character for Season Pass Holders!!!!"
*a few random claps from audience*

ElderSkrulls said on June 12, 2013 at 4:43 p.m.

Why does Zod need a burner lol

xShonuffx said on June 12, 2013 at 4:45 p.m.

@36 Any publicity is good publicity ButterKnife. If your too proud to show off your game to people it will never take off.

Besides, Conan frequently has game developers come on his show because most of his demographic are gamers and I think he is a gamer himself. This stuff is actually good, not bad.

AnbuBardock said on June 12, 2013 at 4:48 p.m.

ButterKnife said on June 12, 2013 at 4:57 p.m.

I know it's good publicity, but it's just too painful for me to watch. I'm sure Conan can diffuse it a bit since he's dealt with lots of DC stuff on his show, but this review trailer is just too obscure. He would be better off just showing a general trailer for the game.

GenSoHotSpicy said on June 12, 2013 at 5:01 p.m.

SF4 elitist snob GTFO. That grave is dug for you..

Fightingfan69 said on June 12, 2013 at 5:04 p.m.

That.......was.........not.......worth watching. Official reveal would be better. All I saw was his super. Too similar to Superman's, Hawkgirl, Sinestro, Shazam. more originality on the supers. Regardless I don't use supers. Meter is efficiently more useful in combos with MB and the clash system.

Looking forward to see how he plays. with this season pass, I love Btagirl and that's about it. LOBO is ok and a good addition but I rarely play him. Scorpion I didn't want and he's kind of interesting so I guess 2 out of 4 isn't bad. I'll still get all of the DLC though even if there is a second season pass.

MALDA_IS_BACK said on June 12, 2013 at 5:07 p.m.

Kneel before Zod you little noobs!!!

Biggz124 said on June 12, 2013 at 5:08 p.m.

Yawn.

SilentSoul said on June 12, 2013 at 5:18 p.m.

@#33

Seems you have misinterpreted my statement, let me reiterate for better understanding. "I hope Zod has ass projectiles with a strong close up game to make up for it" I do not understand where you saw me state my want of safe strings.

I hope his projectiles suck or better yet work only at close range.

Pachendrix said on June 12, 2013 at 5:25 p.m.

OMG Finally Zo...ResidentSleeper I must admit though, for an awful character selection as dlc (of course my opinion will probably change when I see some actual gameplay), his super move is arguably the best looking one so far.

Batmang said on June 12, 2013 at 5:44 p.m.

@36 Have you ever actually been to a live recording of a TV show? It doesn't really matter what they show to the audience, you pretty much clap for everything and laugh at everything, even if it wasn't that funny. My hands were sore the next day after watching Jay Leno lol.

Tensa said on June 12, 2013 at 6:01 p.m.

Wow Idk much about superman characters outside of a few but zod looks kinda fun

killerkalmah said on June 12, 2013 at 6:18 p.m.

@27 are you serious? or is pure trolling?

Cerevega_Alexandersson said on June 12, 2013 at 7 p.m.

@killerkalmah purely poking fun at how soon people jumped at the chance to whine about Scorpion needing nerfs in a witty manner :)

Strider_Hien said on June 12, 2013 at 7:59 p.m.

Can I ask a serious question?.....

How the hell do these types of leaks occur? Is nothing sacred anymore?
Someone's head must roll for breaches in security like this...right? O_O

Hmmmm.....really curious.

Blazur said on June 12, 2013 at 8:31 p.m.

@51 He was publicly playable at E3.

Strider_Hien said on June 12, 2013 at 8:40 p.m.

@Blazur

No,No.....I mean the leak that revealed the initial DLC roster long before Batgirl appeared.And another countless leaks between our current gen fighters...

How do we know about this and people aren't getting fired or something?

MarthFE said on June 12, 2013 at 8:59 p.m.

LOL i payed for this? =/

Papinguim said on June 12, 2013 at 9:05 p.m.

The leaked list was true! Cool.