Updated: Scorpion, Doomsday Containment Suit skin, Blackest Night and Red Son 2 packs available on Xbox Live Marketplace - Injustice: Gods Among Us

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • June 4, 2013 at 12:42 p.m. PDT
Updated: The Compatibility Pack is no longer available for download on the in-game DLC menu. It has been reported by several users that the pack can still be snagged over on Xbox.com to which it will download on your console.

The Blackest Night costumes are also not available through the in-game DLC menu but can be obtained the same was as the Compatibility Pack 3. Warning: Using these costumes in matches causes several strange glitches and may cause the game to freeze.

The Red Son 2 pack appears listed in-game but is not available for download.

It seems that this morning, NetherRealm Studios hit Xbox 360 users with a large wave of DLC. The newly announced DLC character, Scorpion, Doomsday's Containment Suit skin. the Blackest Night costume pack and the Red Son 2 pack are all currently available for download.

In order to snag Scorpion, you must download the Compatibility Pack 3 which is a 164 MB file. Once successfully acquired, the MK ninja and Doomsday's newest alternate outfit will become available.

Note: Scorpion is only be available today to those who have purchased the Season Pass.

Two skin packs have also hit the store today as you can also purchase the Blackest Night and Red Son 2 sets containing costumes for Superman, Flash, Doomsday, Batman, Green Lantern and Deathstroke. Each pack will cost you 240 Microsoft Points.

Below are a few screenshots I captured after downloading Scorpion and hitting training mode.

Click images for larger versions

It is currently unknown whether this content is region specific so please let us know if you were able to get ahold of it today, in the comments below.

Tips by gammabolt17, XeroGravity and Biggz124.

Comments

xShonuffx said on June 4, 2013 at 6:44 a.m.

That was quick but I don't know, im not excited for Scorpion. Someone go test him?

REDRUM said on June 4, 2013 at 6:45 a.m.

wow that Doomsday skin!!!! <3 best in the game

Jayfiend138 said on June 4, 2013 at 6:46 a.m.

its not showing up for me and I'm in philly

Dionysos said on June 4, 2013 at 6:46 a.m.

Still a mystery how the Red Son #2 skins look like.

RonaldRogan said on June 4, 2013 at 6:47 a.m.

Any pics of these new costumes?

Baby_Astaroth said on June 4, 2013 at 6:48 a.m.

About to beat up Doomsday with Scorpion. Yay season pass.

Dreamking23 said on June 4, 2013 at 6:48 a.m.

@ #3

Did you purchase the Season Pass, man?

REDRUM said on June 4, 2013 at 6:48 a.m.

Thats the "Death of Superman" Doomsday skin... yes! <3

Baby_Astaroth said on June 4, 2013 at 6:51 a.m.

@8 I downloaded compat pack 3 and Scorpion just showed up on the character select screen.

Scorpion doesn't seem all that fast to me. His spear does work similar to Batman's grapple gun. His teleport works just like it does in MK9. All of his special look very punishable to me.
MB teleport is fast!
MB Hell Fire for that 9& unblockable Armored damage. XD
Shout out to air throws.

Jayfiend138 said on June 4, 2013 at 7:01 a.m.

yeah ok so i have scorpion he's just not showing up on the download ingame page but i downloaded the doomsday compatibility pack before turning my game on and yes i do have the season pass this is weird

MVDK said on June 4, 2013 at 7:09 a.m.

Speaking of these costumes, anyone know when/if the Arkham city skins are going to be offically released? I read a story earlier stating that they could be purchased on XBL, but when I check the marketplace and the in-game store, it's not there. I want my Arkham Batman :'(

Mexican_Guy said on June 4, 2013 at 7:13 a.m.

Scorpion needs his MK 1 and 2 costumes, this Jim Lee design just doesn't work for me.

MELLoDrAMaTiK said on June 4, 2013 at 7:15 a.m.

#3 Same Here from Philly as well he not on the xbl marketplace and downloaded the com pack 3 weird

Biggz124 said on June 4, 2013 at 7:18 a.m.

Thanks for the credit, eventhubs.

the costumes are glitched, atleast scorpion isn't.

Cammystrike said on June 4, 2013 at 7:19 a.m.

After playing him for a bit, I don't have that same he's high tier feeling like I did before. He's solid though, he won't fall victim to being lamed out wit his teleport. And if you meter burn it, you can combo off of it, kinda of a similar game plan to Batgirl I guess.

His super is hella fast, if anyone tries to throw a projectile mid or full screen, they're eating a super.

His trait is pretty interesting too, it constantly damages the opponent when you're in close to them, it's not a buff trait like I thought.

RonaldRogan said on June 4, 2013 at 7:19 a.m.

there is a lot of inconsistency with what skins are up, which aren't, and when they're being released lol

AveMcree said on June 4, 2013 at 7:26 a.m.

@mexican guy stfu and show some respect to one of the best comic book artist of our time

ReddChief said on June 4, 2013 at 7:29 a.m.

Can PSN get some costumes please what happen to the costumes release last week

Baby_Astaroth said on June 4, 2013 at 7:33 a.m.

@17 I was thinking his combo damage was pretty weak, but I never thought to activate his trait. SMH at me.

They are really holding back on Arkham City skins and Zombie mode.

Does anyone know what the Red Son 2 costumes look like? I'm thinking about getting it if the costumes look decent.

entropy09 said on June 4, 2013 at 7:36 a.m.

It's interesting that it's not its own download and is included in the skin pack. At first I thought he wasn't available but then saw him in the character select screen. I'm in Virginia, btw.

This game has had its issues with DLC. First last weeks Arkham skin pack (where is it?!?) and now a somewhat buggy release (can't see skin previews to see if they're worth dl'ing or not).

Biggz124 said on June 4, 2013 at 7:39 a.m.

@21 Supposably the Red Son 2 pack has Batman, Green Lantern & Deathstroke.

Baby_Astaroth said on June 4, 2013 at 7:40 a.m.

@22 The Red Son Pack 2 is listed in the in-game store, but you can't even buy it for some reason. I tried twice. "There is no content available."

This IGAU DLC release schedule is a complete mess for sure.

Blazur said on June 4, 2013 at 7:43 a.m.

So the containment suit is the one that comes with the newest compatibility pack? It's eerie, and I wonder how it looks once his trait is activated.

cadnexus said on June 4, 2013 at 7:44 a.m.

The blackest night pack skins are glitched for Superman and Flash, this bug needs to be fixed. Characters can't perform their moves. Doomsday works well.

Kenshiro said on June 4, 2013 at 7:44 a.m.

that costume redesign is pretty damn terrible, most of the community finding it badass just speaks to the terrible taste most of you have.

Skode said on June 4, 2013 at 7:45 a.m.

Bloodburger usually does videos featuring the new costumes. Curious to see what the Red Sons pack 2 costumes look like

Mexican_Guy said on June 4, 2013 at 7:48 a.m.

@19 Now I can't even have an opinion, nice.

He is a great illustrator and artist, but there's a difference between knowing how to draw and how to design, he isn't a designer.

RonaldRogan said on June 4, 2013 at 7:52 a.m.

Does anyone else have trouble with their skins or characters showing up?

Nothing seems "broken"--but it's a 50-50 on if I'm gonna have Teen Titans/Red Son/Flashpoint skins or Lobo/Batgirl show up when I enter a game mode.

I've literally re-installed compatibility packs and cleared my cache 4-5x.

Baby_Astaroth said on June 4, 2013 at 8:12 a.m.

@30 Sometimes when I load the game up the DLC doesn't load. When this happens I reboot the game and it usually shows up. Try not to have extra storage devices connected to the USB ports. IGAU chooses where it wants to save and load stuff from. It's ridiculous.

Back to Scorpion. His Hell Fire has horrible start up. You can always beat it out with a projectile/interactable. Catwoman made an interactable explode and it hit me out of my super. The only good thing I found was that he can combo after a regular teleport.

gammabolt17 said on June 4, 2013 at 8:14 a.m.

To be honest, I wonder if Netherrealm just snuck him in there quietly, aware of all of the "I'm not downloading him" hoopla so people had no choice but to download him (especially season pass owners who were still planning to skip him). I mean, attaching it to a costume that pretty much everyone has wanted since it was revealed is pretty smart. They would have looked like jackasses if a large majority of season pass buyers skipped on a FREE character. That's a harsh reality to face, especially for Scorpion being the character.

Yeah he came at you pretty hard for not liking a costume didn't he lol

XeroGravity said on June 4, 2013 at 8:16 a.m.

live in ohio, have pass, have character.

victv1 said on June 4, 2013 at 8:18 a.m.

if you got the season pass you get the character free and don't have to download it is the 3rd dlc character and ppl still don't know this come one were is ur brain at guys

Baby_Astaroth said on June 4, 2013 at 8:21 a.m.

Correction you can't combo after his regular teleport. Scorpion is fun to use, but he really isn't going to be winning any tourneys. I guess they made him weak because he's a guest character. I honestly couldn't tell you who was better between Lobo and Scorpion.

GakoTheChef said on June 4, 2013 at 8:29 a.m.

Looks like they toned him down since the trailer but lets see how this character is.

lillarry3 said on June 4, 2013 at 8:30 a.m.

The red son pack is not on the xbox marketplace, but on the menu store. So it wouldn't let me get it. The superman and flash skins wont work either. Everything else is good to go though.

JRock said on June 4, 2013 at 8:38 a.m.

"I don't like this costume so that means everybody else must have terrible taste"

you watch naruto, GTFOH.

gammabolt17 said on June 4, 2013 at 9 a.m.

My goodness I laughed so hard at this. I'm a Naruto fan, but that sh!t there was funny.

illness690 said on June 4, 2013 at 9:05 a.m.

AveMcree said on June 4, 2013 at 9:05 a.m.

@27 mind your business I wasnt talking you..... go play in traffic

MMGboys said on June 4, 2013 at 9:12 a.m.
TrapcomLovesKayo said on June 4, 2013 at 9:13 a.m.

Why not make a blackest night hawgirl alt like give these characters some skins and not the same ones

MMGboys said on June 4, 2013 at 9:16 a.m.

dOOMSDAY HAS ANOTHER NEW ALT

Flash alt looks like diiiiiiiiiisssssssss

it twas shown on dat scorp stream

gammabolt17 said on June 4, 2013 at 9:18 a.m.

He's pretty decent, but don't go crazy with teleports. Crouch blocking beats it and you already know that stupid negative somersault leaves him in for a beating often if abused. Hell fire is also slower than it seems.

AnaboliChris said on June 4, 2013 at 9:35 a.m.

This wasnt suppose to be out today... MS messed up and accidentally released it one week early.

There are reports now that MS removed it from the market.

Kenshiro said on June 4, 2013 at 9:45 a.m.

Kishimoto has better designs than this so I will watch it. Was that supposed to be some sort of insult jackass?

Go phuck yourself, thanks.

SJFox said on June 4, 2013 at 9:53 a.m.

@27 you like Naruto. Any expressed opinion you have on a community's "taste" and "design" is null and void.

AnaboliChris said on June 4, 2013 at 9:56 a.m.

#49, When NRS announces a character, it usually comes out the following Tuesday. Not the next day.

If you read Ed Boons tweets, people were asking when the DLC will come out and he said, "Stay tuned," meaning he hasnt announced it yet.

MS also posted Batgirl and Lobo early but people couldnt actually finish the DL.

If you want more proof, you can buy Xbox and get the season pass again and see if you can download him. People with season pass and xbox already reporting they cannot download the this.

Kenshiro said on June 4, 2013 at 10 a.m.

@50 I also like Hokuto no Ken/Fist of The North Star any inane comment regarding that?

The HnK video games have redesigned costumes that look way better than the Scorpion, so my opinion on it is credible.

You're an idiot.

Hadouken_Os said on June 4, 2013 at 10:11 a.m.

I got Scorpion, and he plays perfectly fine.

I also managed to get the Blackest Night pack before it said it wasn't available and Flash & Superman skins are glitched..however Doomsday works fine. Didn't get the Red Son II pack though.

SJFox said on June 4, 2013 at 10:37 a.m.

The credibility of your opinion is garbage based on your own rule. GGGNB

HooliganComboFTW said on June 4, 2013 at 11:04 a.m.

Got a good laugh out of that. The sweet irony. Dude is in no position to criticize other peoples tastes when his apparent tastes are quite questionable as well.

ya_boy said on June 4, 2013 at 11:13 a.m.

Damm, Scorpion out already? That was fast... then again it is no surprise since he was already finished long ago.

Only thing that seems to matter this time around is that awesome Doomsday skin.

SmokeRulz said on June 4, 2013 at 11:13 a.m.

Damn. I was looking forward to some Scorpion.

Scorpion and the skin packs are still showing up in the in-game DLC area, though, which is annoying. They won't download, though, simply says they're not available.

RonaldRogan said on June 4, 2013 at 11:23 a.m.

DLC not up anymore? Can anybody confirm?

DevilMaySpy said on June 4, 2013 at 11:30 a.m.

Xbox users who stayed up til midnight should feel lucky. They've got Scorpion a week before scheduled release. I sense a tourney ban due to "unfair advantage".

SmokeRulz said on June 4, 2013 at 11:32 a.m.

Yeah, doesn't work for me. I'm not seeing any official announcements anywhere yet, but, it would appear Xbox released it too early.

AkumaMishima said on June 4, 2013 at 11:44 a.m.

Why did they make Scorpion look like a bumblebee themed Altair?

Can't wait for Doomsday costume!

RonaldRogan said on June 4, 2013 at 11:44 a.m.

^^^@59. It wasn't up at midnight I don't believe (at least not EST). I was up and saw nonesuch thing at like 1:30AM.

Netherrealm should just suck it up and release him. What's it gonna hurt to get people juiced a weak earlier than they planned?

Hadouken_Os said on June 4, 2013 at 11:58 a.m.

Initially the Blackest Night Flash and Supes were glitched to hell, but they put up a patch in the last hour or so and they work fine now.

NecroWhip said on June 4, 2013 at 12:15 p.m.

I got scorpion on the ps3 now!

IcyKnee said on June 4, 2013 at 12:17 p.m.

I can't download Scorpion or the skin packs...I have the season pass. I'm in the Midwest...if that matters.

FlynnChop said on June 4, 2013 at 12:22 p.m.

So they've officially messed up every single DLC since release, right? 1 mistake is understandable. On #2 you really have to start checking yourself. 3? In a row?

Who's in charge of this stuff? Maybe they'd be better at cleaning toilets.

makashi805 said on June 4, 2013 at 12:27 p.m.

They screwed me out of my Markham skins last time but not this time have scorpion and the blackest night skins fine red son I coulddnt get though

MattWilliams01 said on June 4, 2013 at 12:28 p.m.

@Hadouken_Os This may be a stupid question, but you said that they put up a patch to resolve the glitch issues with the new skin packs, does it automatically go into effect or is it something that has to be downloaded in the buy/download content section in game? Really want to get it fixed if I can. Didn't bother downloading the Red Son 2 Pack after encountering the issues with the Blackest Night pack. Thanks for the help, and sorry in advance, if I look like an idiot asking a probably really self explanatory question. lol

Ninjax1 said on June 4, 2013 at 12:44 p.m.

I'm on PS3 in east coast and I can confirm Scorpion is playable. He just doesnt show up on the download page

Tensa said on June 4, 2013 at 12:51 p.m.

GET OVER HERE!

Dedemaru said on June 4, 2013 at 12:52 p.m.

#68 - you don't have to apologize! Anyone who criticizes you for a question like that is a pre-pubescent teenager, anyway. If a patch has been released, the game needs to be restarted to get the affects of the patch.

I, as well, am in Philly. I'm on PSN, I started the game up, got the update, and have access to Scorpion and the Doomsday alt. He's no where to be found on PSN or the game's marketplace, neither are the costumes.

MentalFloss said on June 4, 2013 at 1:26 p.m.

Just confirming PSN northern US. Got update and scorp is playable as well (with season pass)

HuntedChimera said on June 4, 2013 at 1:33 p.m.

Thank you EH and Dreamking. I was able to download the Compatibility Pack 3 via the Xbox.com method.

To all Xbox players that want to play as Scorpion, use the xbox website method to get your hands on him.

MaZZ said on June 4, 2013 at 2:48 p.m.

PSN California Got the Update can't play buy him off of the store haven't looked at the costumes yet.

ZenRazor said on June 4, 2013 at 2:49 p.m.

He appeared on my screen to an yes he's not as fast but he's pretty decent.I want DLC MK3 Scorpion outfit.

eddiehard said on June 4, 2013 at 3:05 p.m.

Game keeps getting better and better.

FYI, no one is going to buy all these costumes. 240MS points x7 = Is already over $20. Please reduce the cost or give us an affordable bundle pack.

Alkipot said on June 4, 2013 at 3:48 p.m.

AngrySteve said on June 4, 2013 at 4:01 p.m.

For those who are wondering it seems Scorps is still available if you have the season pass. I'm downloading him as we speak.

Shingotink said on June 4, 2013 at 5:10 p.m.

Red Son Deathstroke looks a lot like Kabal from MK. Pretty badass in my opinion.

Hadouken_Os said on June 4, 2013 at 5:26 p.m.

@68: When I turned my Xbox on later, there was a prompt for a 7MB download. Download it, and you're golden.

MattWilliams01 said on June 4, 2013 at 6:52 p.m.

#71 - Yeah, I guess I was just too assuming. I've noticed how some people will go ham on the nearest guy who asks questions because he's not used to this sort of thing. I'm not a hardcore gamer so I honestly wasn't sure how a patch was supposed to work. However, love me some Injustice, can get lost in it for hours! And thanks for the info, I figured it out once I rebooted my console a little while later.

gammabolt17 said on June 4, 2013 at 7:40 p.m.

And not a word has been spoken of them nickel and diming...

Kenshiro said on June 5, 2013 at 6:26 a.m.

The irony, you don't play any anime influenced games? Weaboo, weaboo, weaboo there I can type the name out as well am I as smart and as cool as you now.

"Look at me I'm cool because I play American made games with crappy ass designs and can only breathe through my mouth." - Most douches in this article

MattWilliams01 said on June 5, 2013 at 9:21 a.m.

@80 - Yeah, thanks for clarifying man. I figured it out as soon as I rebooted my console. Now, everything seems to be performing flawlessly. And btw, don't know who realized and who didn't,just noticed comments saying they wanted Zombie Mode, but on my console Zombie Mode IS available as well, under the Game Settings tab. I tried it out just to see, and it works. Thanks again for the help!

MattWilliams01 said on June 5, 2013 at 9:29 a.m.

Anybody else hope/think they'll release the Arkham City skins pack anytime soon if at all? I noticed last week or so, that the DLC pack had in fact found it's way onto the Xbox Marketplace, only to be promptly removed. It happened with Lobo and Batgirl after they were prematurely leaked and taken down. It happened with the DLC that came unexpected yesterday. If it's known to exist, it's only a matter of time, wouldn't you think? Regardless though, I hope it's released. It's only fitting given the fact that I've obtained the Arkham City Harley Quinn skin. Can't have one without the others or at least, that's how I see it.

iamthebatman said on June 7, 2013 at 3:54 p.m.

I've been having a problem with getting Scorpion, I downloaded the Compatibility Pack and when I go to the character select, it just shows an invisible Scorpion that I can't click on. Anyone have a solution?