Ed Boon: Another Injustice: Gods Among Us announcement coming this week, Scorpion is the only guest character in the game

Posted by SFilp • June 4, 2013 at 3:37 p.m. PDT
With Scorpion's announcement yesterday for Injustice: Gods Among Us, fans had asked Ed Boon on Twitter about any upcoming announcements such as Scorpion's release date. However, Ed Boon had something else on his mind by stating that there would be another Injustice announcement this week. A lot of fans are guessing this means we will be seeing a new DLC character trailer. Many are assuming it will be General Zod, who has been rumored as the fourth DLC character.

Additionally, Boon also stated that Scorpion will be the only guest character in the game. Hit the jump to see his Tweet.

Comments

NyuBomber said on June 4, 2013 at 3:43 p.m.

Not happy Scorpion made it, but happy to have it confirmed he's the only outside-DC character.

YumaTsukumo said on June 4, 2013 at 3:45 p.m.

Im happy that I have Scorpion cuz everyone (besides Supres) are boring

KnightMysterio said on June 4, 2013 at 3:46 p.m.

Glad that Scorpy's the only guest character.

Also, hoping for Martian Manhunter...

SirromOfTheNether said on June 4, 2013 at 3:51 p.m.

I love scorpion but he is a pain in the ass to beat. Especially with Batgirl. Gotta love him though, I just wish his damage output was a little higher.

AngrySteve said on June 4, 2013 at 3:52 p.m.

#3 Did you watch Scorps reveal trailer all the way till the end? If not I suggest you do so. You will be happy ;)

FlashAndBlood said on June 4, 2013 at 3:54 p.m.

It's funny, Technically if you don't download Scorpion you'll still have a full DC roster. On the flip side when you didn't buy DLC characters in SFxTK, you still had to look at them on your character select screen....slightly dimmed....locked away for eternity. oooooh the salt burns so good.

I have watched Batman going toe-2-toe with Aliens, the Predator, the Marvel Universe, Pirates, Spawn, Sherlock....Scorpions shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

I personally would be pleased if DC Comics announced it acquired MK rights from Malibu Comics and starting with Scorpion #1. Think about it, he would be DC's version of Spawn/Ghost Rider. Scorpion encounters with Ares?! Katana?? The League of Shadows??!! We're on to something here

MaskedMan said on June 4, 2013 at 3:56 p.m.

I don't mind another guest character as long as it's a character from different comic company, preferably Dark Horse or Image. Characters like Spawn and The Mask would be great additions especially since it's really unlikely for those companies to make a video game of their own using there characters.

SqueakyBloom said on June 4, 2013 at 3:57 p.m.

At first I was a bit hesitant about Scorpion being in the game, but now i'm happy to have my favorite fighting game character in Injustice. Also, his intro is awesome!

ScrubStep said on June 4, 2013 at 4:01 p.m.

The "Injustice announcement" will probably be the results of the poll I.E. whether Red Hood or Zatanna won.

RandomJohn said on June 4, 2013 at 4:03 p.m.

The way he was saying it like it's like DLC character from Star Wars which it's next to impossible to get rights from Disney considering they don't promote violence in any of their video games. In addition, Disney owns Marvel so there's a HUGE conflict of interest.

shichi said on June 4, 2013 at 4:07 p.m.

Release whatever DLC you want. I got the game for $10 today so I have $50 to balance out in DLC purchases hahaha

Necrobern said on June 4, 2013 at 4:07 p.m.

@7 Amalgam comics crossover Kappa

I only had time for a Battle mode run with Scorpion, and he's very entertaining to use. But yeah i hope is truly the only crossover and they keep with the DCs.

FlashAndBlood said on June 4, 2013 at 4:12 p.m.

Wait a sec....you guys do realize the Injustice comic is still running? What if...what if Scorpion makes a canon appearance to tie into the story, do you think it's possible?

blackerthancoal said on June 4, 2013 at 4:28 p.m.

#6 lmao funny that you mention that because with v1.04 scorpion, lobo, and batgirl now appear as greyed out characters in the roster for people that haven't bought them.

Snow said on June 4, 2013 at 4:30 p.m.

"Great disturbance"
Referring to the line in Star Wars where an entire planet dies. So one of Zod or his crew or Martian Manhunter. Maybe Atrocitus, but that's highly unlikely.

jadeguy said on June 4, 2013 at 4:46 p.m.

My Predictions: Zatanna, Martian Manhunter (I hope he is next), or Red Hood and maybe Static.

SameH99 said on June 4, 2013 at 4:51 p.m.

Anyone getting disconnected frequently after downloading the latest pack in Injustice?

MentalFloss said on June 4, 2013 at 5:27 p.m.

@9 I'm still gonna laugh when Trollmaster Boon reveals those last 2 and they aren't the top 2 in the vote list.

theshredder39 said on June 4, 2013 at 5:37 p.m.

No it just means Boon's just covering up informatioby saying Scorpion is the only guest character, we'll have one more but it's not Sub-Zero it's Obi-Wan.

FlashAndBlood said on June 4, 2013 at 5:54 p.m.

#14 damn, true. Only way to avoid is to not play online and miss the compatibility updates I guess. The salt is too strong.

TheTHCGamer said on June 4, 2013 at 5:58 p.m.

That second season pass that will feature MMH.

MALDA_IS_BACK said on June 4, 2013 at 6:57 p.m.

Just show Zod because the reveal of Scorpion left a bad taste.

emc said on June 4, 2013 at 7:33 p.m.

well they said "the force" i'm guessing Yoda, no bullsh!t.

TheSureFireGamer said on June 4, 2013 at 8:29 p.m.

Never Trust Ed Boon!

I wouldn't be surprised if Johnny Cage or Sonya made it in as a substitute. This ain't the end.

banananap said on June 5, 2013 at 1:44 a.m.

Static Shock or GTFO

aj said on June 5, 2013 at 10:22 a.m.

I thought he meant a Star Wars character cause of the force

Cyclops said on June 5, 2013 at 11:08 a.m.

Alot of people are asking for Sub Zero on twitter so it looks like people rather would've liked Sub Zero instead of Scorpion.

RetroDoom said on June 5, 2013 at 9:41 p.m.

My guess is Martian Manhunter?

skumz88 said on June 6, 2013 at 5:51 a.m.

Idk why but Obi-Wan sounds very interesting for this game.

LacesoutDan485 said on June 6, 2013 at 9:20 a.m.

There's no way it's a Star Wars character. Disney=Marvel! Plus he said no second guest character. No need to overanalyze, folks. It's gotta be Zod for the Supes movie. Though if it were Swamp Thing or Andrew Bennett I'd cream me knickers!