Posted by DreamKing23
July 29, 2013 at 8:24 a.m. PDT
New Street Fighter X Tekken DLC that adds 4th gem slot spotted on PlayStation Store in UK We have received a few reports about some new Street Fighter X Tekken downloadable content that has made its way to the PlayStation Store over in the United Kingdom. This DLC is said to have added a 4th gem slot and now allows players to create even more gem combinations.

YouTube user beck99o was able to capture video footage of the DLC listing and shows that the "1st Gem Slot Expansion +1" has indeed appeared on PSN.

The quick note on the DLC listing reads as follows:

Adds an extra slot to your Gem Unit for all characters. Increase the number of Gem combinations you can put together!

There is currently no word on why this gem slot was released under the radar or if it will be coming to consoles state side any time soon.

Considering that the DLC is titled "1st Gem Expansion", it is possible that this is only the first in the gem slot additions and perhaps Capcom plans to add even more gem slots to their cross over title in the future.

Hit the jump to check out the video footage.

Thanks to Beck for the tip.

Comments

Jookey said on July 29, 2013 at 8:27 a.m.

Yay! This is what we all want from SFxT!

DarknessFallz said on July 29, 2013 at 8:28 a.m.

Capcom enough worth the gems it's painfully obvious that no one cares about them just focus on usf4

Lordd_G said on July 29, 2013 at 8:28 a.m.

"Pointless!"
"This game is made by human garbage!"
"You failed to stave off my boredom of this game!"

Recoil said on July 29, 2013 at 8:28 a.m.

Well, this will make the game more popular!

lord_robbyshin said on July 29, 2013 at 8:29 a.m.

Ah! So the mystery is solved!

JiFoJoka said on July 29, 2013 at 8:30 a.m.

That's kinda... ugh. Past trailers and screenshots had shown 5 slots, so it feels like a cheap way to get our money.

XFinalVengeanceX said on July 29, 2013 at 8:30 a.m.

back to broken, i mean basics.

TheLaw said on July 29, 2013 at 8:31 a.m.

Dont really care for the gem slot... i just want an improved netcode on SFxT for Console and PC + Law's Infinite Fixed

capcomdointhingsright said on July 29, 2013 at 8:31 a.m.

HOLD THE F*%KING PHONE!!!!!!!!!! A NEW GEM SLOT????????!!!

.......

........

.......

.......

.......

.......

.......

You can stop messing around with that phone now if you want...

Loryuo said on July 29, 2013 at 8:33 a.m.

RW said on July 29, 2013 at 8:37 a.m.

Put_gems_in_umvc3

deteknician said on July 29, 2013 at 8:38 a.m.

put down the Svedka Sven

TheLaw said on July 29, 2013 at 8:39 a.m.

@10 that attitude will definitely get you somewhere LOL. This is the exact reason why i think the FGC is so hypocritical

NoizyChild said on July 29, 2013 at 8:40 a.m.

You didn't read the video title where it says the slots are free.

People cry about anything. At least try to read first.

BlackMasamune said on July 29, 2013 at 8:41 a.m.

Probably another piece of the grand DLC puzzle Capcom was planning to use before the backlash hit, and now they are just quietly trying to slip it in.

chaoslimits said on July 29, 2013 at 8:41 a.m.

Oh? So you guys hate the game? Please, keep showing up in SFxT posts because there isn't a filter function and your opinions are incredibly important.

What I'd like to know is how this affects online play matchmaking. Tournaments will stick with the Tourney Standards.

Bader said on July 29, 2013 at 8:46 a.m.

Codech64 said on July 29, 2013 at 8:46 a.m.

I love SfxTk but what the game really needs is better netcode.

Skode said on July 29, 2013 at 8:50 a.m.

Yup, nothing makes a game more balanced that those who pay for DLC having an advantage over those who do not. Not like balance matters in a fighting game anyway eh folks

Links said on July 29, 2013 at 8:53 a.m.

I think this is cool, but kinda unnecessary. In tournaments we won't see this being used, that's for sure.

misdaa said on July 29, 2013 at 8:53 a.m.

#13 He didn't say anything hypocritical.

They can certainly no longer claim no pay2win with this.
But it's a game that tries so desperately to appeal to the masses that they have dynamic camera angles on throws, so meh. No loss.

Cape said on July 29, 2013 at 8:55 a.m.

The netcode on the consoles is fine.

Meety said on July 29, 2013 at 8:55 a.m.

This is a joke. Capcom really needs to stop with this nonsense and concentrate more on the issues of the games. In other words‚ remove the bugs and stop patching so often.

zUkUu said on July 29, 2013 at 8:56 a.m.

We've seen 5 gem slots on some screen shots prior to the game release.
Also, the "unlocked" DLC version of the game (hacked), that showed all possible DLC gems a few months back, also had 5 gem slots, indicating we'll see yet another gem slot upgrade in the future.

GodlikeAtheist said on July 29, 2013 at 9:02 a.m.

i was wondering when this was going to show up. kinda strange its coming like a whole year after launch

illness690 said on July 29, 2013 at 9:03 a.m.

JasonLee said on July 29, 2013 at 9:04 a.m.

Super_Honda said on July 29, 2013 at 9:09 a.m.

I've seen this DLC on PSN and obviously for those who have hacked the game or seen all the locked content on the website will already know about this. Anyway, I think SFxT is slightly more superior to SSF4, gameplay-wise and it just feels more solid and tight all round. Too bad that Capcom made a huge mess with their DLC and I know there are many people that hate on disc-content. But when it came to characters, for me, it's good because if I didn't download the new characters, I can still face those new characters online. Also, the compatability packs and updates will not be an issue at all in that situation.

However, Capcom really messed it up when it came to execution for their plans and that pretty much destroyed SFxT's life span. Of course, there are people who didn't want to see the game to succeed and that's understandable because you would have people like that, particularly with those who like SF4 and MVC3 series. I wonder what Namco is going to do with their version in the future, after knowing what happened with Capcom's version of the game? Should be interesting.

failfighter said on July 29, 2013 at 9:10 a.m.

nitroguy7 said on July 29, 2013 at 9:12 a.m.

I want new characters.

Nyoro said on July 29, 2013 at 9:13 a.m.

Pay to win... :/

RYU81 said on July 29, 2013 at 9:13 a.m.

so next year will be there update for 10 gems :(

rongames91 said on July 29, 2013 at 9:16 a.m.

LMAO i think like 50% didn't even bother reading the whole thing. Living life a little too fast guys.

MetroCityPub said on July 29, 2013 at 9:16 a.m.

@#19

Except the DLC is free. Not like I care for SFxT much but like #14 said...at least you people need to read the article before commenting.

EDIT:Wow more people complaining about money. It seems reading comprehension is at an all time low here.

Grimmjow_J said on July 29, 2013 at 9:19 a.m.

Yes they deserve to die!!! I hope they burn in Hell!!! (Dave Chapelle voice)

xShonuffx said on July 29, 2013 at 9:21 a.m.

Wow, when I first seen the headline I had to brace myself for the storm of comments that's gonna pouring in on this. Usually I am neutral about these things but this...whelp.

Have at it, go ahead and tear this post apart. I'm going to bed. gnite.

I'll wake up when there is like 200+ comments.

@39 I think its more than about money my friend. They are adding a 4th slot. Its....not exactly what people were asking for, considering their disdain for the Gem system anyways, its a peculiar decision.

mrambitious said on July 29, 2013 at 9:21 a.m.

the game doesnt need more gems, it needs more combo variety and more strategies to win. All you do is use the same 2-3 combos all match and once in a while throw an extra tag-in at the end for a bonus 3% damage. SOOOOO EXCITING!

I liked this game at first, but its so stale after a while.

gammabolt17 said on July 29, 2013 at 9:22 a.m.

You do realize Chapelle was mimicking Samuel L. Jackson's voice, right? He didn't even say it in his own voice. The line is from "A Time to Kill".

illness690 said on July 29, 2013 at 9:23 a.m.

Smorgasboard said on July 29, 2013 at 9:24 a.m.

The dynamic angle during throws is from Tekken. SMH.

If it's free, this doesn't make it any more pay to win then it already is.

While this will not affect offline tournaments, this does open up new possibilities for gem combinations that are previously impossible. They are probably testing the waters now because everyone is a lot more accustomed to gems by now.

P.s. They really need to put free dlc in the title.

Grimmjow_J said on July 29, 2013 at 9:25 a.m.

Yes, I know Buzz killington. (Family Guy)!

Da_linkwent said on July 29, 2013 at 9:29 a.m.

just what everyone wanted, more gem options...smh

euphoria12 said on July 29, 2013 at 9:33 a.m.

They should add a option to turn gems off. Hell id pay $10 for that. I mean gameplay wise id enjoy it more then ssf4. I prefer the speed of the game over sf4, plus it has poison and rolento. I know ultra is getting them but I have a feeling the slower pace might kill his playstyle but half the fun will be relearning him i guess. I just hope he is more durable they really screwed him when they cut his health in sfxt and made mistakes so freaking unforgiving.

R4HU1 said on July 29, 2013 at 9:33 a.m.

Who cares?

AiRLuna said on July 29, 2013 at 9:36 a.m.

SFxT is one of favorite fighters. Its a really fun game. I wish for one more patch though

TheLaw said on July 29, 2013 at 9:36 a.m.

@21 its when People see 5 different versions of SF4 and 2 different versions of UMvC3 its ok.... but when one game that hasn't had as many chances as these games people want to trash-talk when half of em played for like 5 mins and said it sucks when they barely played it. Half of em D-Ride what other people say. It is a very good game, WAY more balanced than Marvel and its fun to play but VERY boring to watch. I Hate FChamp but even he said that lol.

Xykes said on July 29, 2013 at 9:41 a.m.

More meter gems = more combo ability + potential for damage.

This could be interesting.

P.S. EVO proves that a lot of people still play this game, after an entire year or hatred and attempts to sabotage it. Still got a lot of entrants.

Necreon said on July 29, 2013 at 9:42 a.m.

So a paid DLC you pay for to able to use more gems you pay again for to be more powerful in a "should be" skill based fighting game.

Just make this crap free to play.

cris25 said on July 29, 2013 at 9:43 a.m.

Wait, isn't it free??
Ow, c'mon. You want to be hated.

Ryunipotent said on July 29, 2013 at 9:43 a.m.

shinra358 said on July 29, 2013 at 9:44 a.m.

I guess this is an attempt to fix the wrong gem slot positioning. But it won't fix fully until they add back all five or either go in and change the 1kb value to move the slots over.

Xykes said on July 29, 2013 at 9:47 a.m.

IT'S FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Maybe you should put that in the article title, because people can't read.

Dionysos said on July 29, 2013 at 9:48 a.m.

What I like the least about SFxT are the gem powerups and even less the fact Capcom asks money for certain ones you'd like for your main. At least this slot is free. Still, not a fan of the system.

GreedyMcGurgleburg said on July 29, 2013 at 9:49 a.m.

I will finally pick the game up now! My requests have been answered. Thank you Capcom for listening.

Loryuo said on July 29, 2013 at 9:49 a.m.

#13 Don't even know why you made this comment. It generally made no sense...

Darkphyre said on July 29, 2013 at 9:51 a.m.

Game will continue to live as long as people play it, and unfortunately for all you haters there's a sizable amount of players for SFxT, even if they do it out of the spotlight :P

gammabolt17 said on July 29, 2013 at 9:52 a.m.

Damn, this is an ignorant ass post.

J_Tier said on July 29, 2013 at 9:52 a.m.

*facepalm* Some of these comments.

Aluppoj said on July 29, 2013 at 9:54 a.m.

Are the names in burgundy Moderators for EH?

It's funny, because lately I've been seeing the Mods (if they are Mods) commenting in articles. And they seem pretty clueless in most cases.

Calling Capcom lazy? "Copy and paste", and now "Pay to win.".

If this is the mindset of the Mods it's no wonder I was randomly banned a few years back!
(Account was Joppula, and I did nothing wrong.)

@Catalyst

If you need a Mod with a good head on his shoulders who can judge things impartially let me know.

(If the names in burgundy are not Mods, I apologize and retract.)

gammabolt17 said on July 29, 2013 at 9:55 a.m.

If the competitive SFxT scene was full of online warriors it would be more exciting. They are tons better than people we see on stream.

failfighter said on July 29, 2013 at 9:55 a.m.

LordProsper said on July 29, 2013 at 9:59 a.m.

Jesus people on this site are stupid. I don't see how a -FREE DOWNLOAD- is a cash grab.

Kinda weird that Capcom is still releasing DLC of any kind at this point though, seeing as how SFxT isn't exactly popular.

gammabolt17 said on July 29, 2013 at 10 a.m.

Oh yeah, damn near the whole comments section is straight up ignorant. I still will maintain that it is a damn good game and a fair amount of haters hate on it to be part of the "in-crowd" because even grown men can't walk on their own apparently. The way people hate on this game is comical, though. I honestly don't think a large amount even played the game they just echo other statements. This is why there's a large crowd of uninformed fools crying about "on-disc" DLC.

Super_Honda said on July 29, 2013 at 10:02 a.m.

I think that people need to improve on their reading skills before they comment on something that is not true. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but spreading false (on any game) is no good at all. It's just pathetic. It really does show the overall intelligence of the FGC.

RYU81 said on July 29, 2013 at 10:06 a.m.

free or not free,i'm commenting because still capcom still care about gam system.

Smorgasboard said on July 29, 2013 at 10:10 a.m.

Do you have any data to back that up such as how many players played both SF4 and SFxT at EVO. Also, how do you know SF4 was their main game and not SFxT?

sagatee said on July 29, 2013 at 10:12 a.m.

sarif2soon said on July 29, 2013 at 10:14 a.m.

all slots for defense gems. kappa

Vergil_Too_Strong said on July 29, 2013 at 10:17 a.m.

Too bad no one gives a damn about this boring game. Pack it up. Whens Marvel Patch Crapcom?

BigFleccs said on July 29, 2013 at 10:17 a.m.

Good for people that still play this that live in the UK. If you cant win with 3 gems you won't win with 4. This game is DEAD let it rest.

ryuhayabusa13 said on July 29, 2013 at 10:19 a.m.

Gems Meh. I never use them. Prefer the gems in pocket fighter better.

Loryuo said on July 29, 2013 at 10:20 a.m.

Yeah.....no. I legitly don't enjoy this game. I did the first few weeks and then I tried to play it again in 2013 and enjoyed it for awhile, but then it just felt the same way it did when i dropped it the first time. The game isn't bringing in new players or revenue beneficial enough to the company. Nice to know I can't have an negative opinion on this game without being labeled a tool though. Guess Since I don't enjoy playing Marvel and SSF4 anymore, i'm a tool for that too.....

A-hole.

J_Tier said on July 29, 2013 at 10:31 a.m.

@72 There's a difference between having a negative opinion and saying:

If you can't figure out why people are responding negatively to that...

keijukaze said on July 29, 2013 at 10:32 a.m.

whens marvel

illness690 said on July 29, 2013 at 10:36 a.m.

sarif2soon said on July 29, 2013 at 10:37 a.m.

it's not that you have a negative opinion, it's the fact that you yourself are an a-hole. instead of posting a constructive comment about your opinion and reasons behind it (like your #72), the first thing you said instead of that is "Take that gem slot and shove it. The game isn't popular. Let it fade into the niche audience."

i only like sfxt for kazuya, but that's not an enough reason for me to play it. i don't play it because of the online that matches me with people that i'd have laggy matches with and also the rolls which i find annoying to deal with (whether done by my opponent or myself).

Loryuo said on July 29, 2013 at 10:38 a.m.

Because The game didn't sell well.......? Because only a small audience plays the game comparable to games like Blazblue CSEX, Guilty Gear AC+, Soul Calibur 5 and so forth.....? They need to focus on new ideas and just let the game rock the way it is.

I can see that my first comment may have made some people mad, that's me expressing my opinion, no matter if you hate it or not lol.

Just cause I think it's crap, doesn't mean others can't enjoy it.

Brugor said on July 29, 2013 at 10:40 a.m.

How many read the text? Dayum ...

Aluppoj said on July 29, 2013 at 10:43 a.m.

Yes, agreed.

I barely touch SFxT anymore. I have no bias.

As far as fighting games go, SFxT is a really good game.

The Hive mind of the FGC has played a large part in spoiling the enjoyment of SFxT. The game has virtually no hype surrounding it because people have been bashing the crap out of it since a week before it released.

Thank GOD they haven't been able to do the same with USF4. They tried, but the community quickly stepped up and silenced the hate (for the most part).

We need some "glass half full" people in this community.

How dumb and full of hate so you have to be to call 'Free DLC' a "Cash Grab"?

GodotLaserFace said on July 29, 2013 at 10:44 a.m.

Uhh just checked this on the store and is not there. Did it got removed already?

KwRIOT said on July 29, 2013 at 10:45 a.m.

What people really want is AE characters ported over to SFxT.
KAPPAAAA

J_Tier said on July 29, 2013 at 10:46 a.m.

@77 I don't like the game either, but what you're saying now is a far cry from what you said initially. When it's inflammatory you will get negative responses from those it offends, when it's done in a more constructive way you shouldn't be getting anything.

Don't get all pissed off when you're the one going around pissing people off in the first place.

illness690 said on July 29, 2013 at 10:48 a.m.

ShadowGeno said on July 29, 2013 at 10:50 a.m.

saw this a couple of days back on PSN, thought they stopped doing stuff with this game?

gtfopanda said on July 29, 2013 at 10:52 a.m.

@ #79

You can blame the circlejerking all you want, but truth is SFxT is one of the least entertaining fighters ever, and that is AFTER they addressed a bunch of issues.

It's still a timeover/runaway fest, not even majors couldn't salvage the game.

gammabolt17 said on July 29, 2013 at 10:54 a.m.

Agreed. And that is exactly why there's a legion of SFxT haters. Just following the "hate Capcom for ANYTHING" trend.

You are a tool because you are being a damn tool.

If you are this apathetic about SFxT then what the hell are you doing here? I can see one comment. Especially if it was just an "I don't like this game post". But instead you go "take that gem slot and shove it". Then contradict it with the rest of the post to a degree. Fighting games is a niche thing period. What if casuals just started sh!tt!n on our hobby like that? Just because you don't like/play it don't mean there's no interest left in the game. If you don't like it fine, but the game doesn't hurt you one way or another if it gets updated or not, so for the people that actually give a damn about the game, you are an entitled asswipe who wants the game to die just because YOU don't play/like it.

lordgootecks said on July 29, 2013 at 10:55 a.m.

gamerbee didnt even use gems at vxg. hardly pay2win

b2j135 said on July 29, 2013 at 10:55 a.m.
Loryuo said on July 29, 2013 at 10:56 a.m.

It's not a far cry from what I said initially at all. Now you're just interpreting what I said the way you want to interpret it. I said the game isn't popular, because it isn't widely played. I said niche audience implying it would be liked by the small group that has dedicated itself to it. Yes I told them to shove that gem. I dislike the game, and overall was not happy with my purchase. I'm not pissed at all. Stop it.

Wanna know what i'd do if someone crapped all over my hobby? I'd deal with it, cause it's their opinion about what I enjoy. Not act like a child. You spew a lot illogical nonsense, when it can all be null and voided by the fact that it's my damn opinion. Does me saying what i said make you mad? Deal with it. There are a lot of things you're not gonna like to read or hear, but you can approach it in different ways. You're approaching it wrong way.

oghaggard said on July 29, 2013 at 10:58 a.m.

Where is the remaining DLC (mostly costumes, but still) for the PC version? It never came. Does this mean we won't get this, either?

Cammystrike said on July 29, 2013 at 11:01 a.m.

haha, why is this so damn funny.

YoraiDragon said on July 29, 2013 at 11:01 a.m.

Fix Ibuki

gtfopanda said on July 29, 2013 at 11:03 a.m.

@ #90

PC SFxT is deader than dead (just like its abomination of a netcode) and Capcom refused to address things.

Loryuo said on July 29, 2013 at 11:04 a.m.

Also @86 " If you don't like it fine, but the game doesn't hurt you one way or another if it gets updated or not, so for the people that actually give a damn about the game, you are an entitled asswipe who wants the game to die just because YOU don't play/like it."

You're right it doesn't hurt me if it gets updated......what's your point? It's just an opinion that I think the game should just be let to rock. When did I say I wanted the game to die? I'm the entitled asswipe and yet you're the one putting all kinds of dialogues into my posts that I've never said. I get it you like the game, but you're not expressing it in a manner where I can take you seriously.

DenoK said on July 29, 2013 at 11:10 a.m.

OOOOOOOMMMMMMMGGGGGGGG!!! #Gamechanger

RandomJohn said on July 29, 2013 at 11:11 a.m.

Im really surprised Capcom is actually still working on this game considering the lack of hype it has been ever since the new patch came out.

blackerthancoal said on July 29, 2013 at 11:12 a.m.

only sfxt can create all this whining from a free 4th gem slot when people should've just stopped talking about it if they truly didn't care

from what i can see, this game isn't as unpopular as people make it out to be. it doesn't compare to sf4 or mvc3, but it does compare to every other fighter atm. i know about as many people that play blazblue as i know people that play sfxt.

if capcom is still bothering to do updates like this then it means they think they still have things to do with this game. i hope this at least means 1 tiny update is on the road to fix a few key things and they could let it go.

on another note, a commentator in the evo 2013 sfxt pools said capcom had something planned for sfxt down the road still. he said it was not big but could potentially be important because it would gauge interest in further game updates or something like that. is this gem slot an indication of that?

gammabolt17 said on July 29, 2013 at 11:13 a.m.

Nah, I'm pretty much a Marvel player. Still like SFxT, but Marvel is what I do. Hence Gammabolt and the picture of Hulk.

"Take that gem slot and shove it. The game isn't popular. Let it fade into the niche audience"

I guess I'm wrong, but that sounds a lot like let it die to me. Most games only played by a niche audience are either dying or already dead. You wanna switch it up and say that let it rock sh!t now but at first you said let it FADE. Two different things. You talkin bout not takin me serious but you sittin here backtracking like a coward. Good day, sir.

Kijui said on July 29, 2013 at 11:16 a.m.

You know what's worse? By adding that ONE extra gem slot, the game just became even more broken. It was only possible to get up to 80% damage increase, now you can get a 100% increase, or keep the 80% and do the counterhit gem 20% on counterhit! A 100 heavy attack on counterhit would normally be 110, with CH gem 132. With just the 80% boost it does 180 which is stronger than most specials. On CH that is 198, and with the CH gem as well it would do 238 damage! Think how much more a Hugo or Steve combo would do with full meter! Its too scary to think about!

blackerthancoal said on July 29, 2013 at 11:16 a.m.

loryo is literally retarded lmao

Load more comments