Day One Xbox Live Gold membership comes with Killer Instinct: Round One and Shadow Jago

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • July 28, 2013 at 10:51 a.m. PDT
Microsoft has revealed some of their plans for the new Killer Instinct's tie in with their new console, the Xbox One, although a few major details are still murky.

People who pick up a 12-month gold membership to Xbox Live for $59.99 USD will also receive Killer Instinct: Round One, and they'll throw in the exclusive character Shadow Jago.

Details on what exactly "Round One" means aren't available at this time, but some have speculated the game will be released in something akin to an episodic format, but that's still not confirmed.

The announcement on Xbox Live notes that this is the digital version of the game, so if you're hoping to grab a disc with this offer, you should look at other means of acquiring Killer Instinct.

Still, this could end up being a good deal, depending on how all of the details work out. Here's the image Microsoft put up and a little blurb about it is after the jump.

Click image for larger version

With Xbox Live Gold on Xbox One, experience unrivaled multiplayer gaming, premier entertainment, and Skype. Plus, anyone in your home can access Xbox Live Gold benefits on your Xbox One.

Pre-orders are live now on Microsoft's website if you'd like to follow up on this offer.

Tip from DARKKARASBLADE.

Comments

NoizyChild said on July 28, 2013 at 10:54 a.m.

Cue mindless Xbox One hate.

On Topic: What about those of us who already have XBL? Does this transfer over to us, or do we have to get another subscription?

tortonon said on July 28, 2013 at 10:55 a.m.

nah, thanks

Razberryclownsac said on July 28, 2013 at 10:55 a.m.

Not sure if this F2P is gonna be good or bad. And depending on what these "rounds" cost, it could still be better to buy those $40 gold memberships.

N0_0NE_SPECIAL said on July 28, 2013 at 10:56 a.m.

Do want.

KwRIOT said on July 28, 2013 at 10:56 a.m.

I'm always hype about promotions with nonexistent details.

Rizu75 said on July 28, 2013 at 10:58 a.m.

Sweet! A benefit for me since I live 5 mins walking distance from my college and Always bring friends over. Looking forward to having some good KI mayhem While having Marvel and USF4 on the side.

LeonX said on July 28, 2013 at 10:58 a.m.

Good try Micro$oft... not yet ;)

Evil_Gotenks said on July 28, 2013 at 10:58 a.m.

Sounds like it could be a F2P version, perhaps something more akin to Tekken Revolution where online is required rather than DOA5U Core Fighters

Tensa said on July 28, 2013 at 10:58 a.m.

cool...still no buy

Baby_Astaroth said on July 28, 2013 at 11 a.m.

If KI: Round One is the full name of the game and you'd have to install the game anyway, I really don't see a point in a disc. Plus you get "Shadow Jago."

Jago has got the be the most boring of the 3 character revealed so far.

MF_BEATZ said on July 28, 2013 at 11:01 a.m.

@ 5 lmao!!

SadisticSamurai said on July 28, 2013 at 11:02 a.m.

Shadowy exclusive character for a shadowy deal.

2nd_striker said on July 28, 2013 at 11:04 a.m.

Microsoft get hate but lets not forget the sony removed other os, region locked and abandoned backwards compatibility on ps3 and lets not even mention the vita...

Xul said on July 28, 2013 at 11:06 a.m.

gtfopanda said on July 28, 2013 at 11:07 a.m.

Can't tell if they're just being shady or they're just that clueless about marketing.

Nevertheless, they already got Microsoft's money so they won't need mine - can't support platform exclusives fighting games.

superray21 said on July 28, 2013 at 11:07 a.m.

what is Shadow Jago exactly? Any details?

Bloody_hado said on July 28, 2013 at 11:09 a.m.

Deffo getting this

@16 - U have Ryu and Evil Ryu in SF.
In K.I u get Jago and Shadow Jago

CyberAthlete said on July 28, 2013 at 11:11 a.m.

@13 Having Linux/no region lock hardly mattered to 90% of the people that own a ps3 ( I thought the ps3 was region free anyway ). Backwards compatibility did suck but I got a computer for all my ps2 needs so whatever.

I really shouldn't be bothered by shadow jago (ryu/e-ryu) but it just seems really dumb. Maybe they will suprise me

DARKKARASBLADE said on July 28, 2013 at 11:11 a.m.

Likely a alternate color.

Ja_Kal said on July 28, 2013 at 11:23 a.m.

Mr_Rik0 said on July 28, 2013 at 11:31 a.m.

KI Round One, could be the Demo version name, knowing MS, they are just giving you the shadow Jago for the version u purchase/download from KI, and not the game itself

it serves as a tease for the game and will make you buy it, is a good strategy from MS to sell the game

soggytoast said on July 28, 2013 at 11:37 a.m.

Microsoft will completely blow Sony out of the water this time around.

Can anyone tell me what Sony is going to provide on PS4's PSN besides the basic services already on the PS3? Anyone?

Is there anything that Sony has even announced that is in the least bit exciting? What do we have so far, system specs?

Sony is going to be playing catch-up for months.

Darklurkr23 said on July 28, 2013 at 11:46 a.m.

I wish KI was on 360 and PS3 *sigh*

Hajiki said on July 28, 2013 at 11:46 a.m.

Cue NoizyBitch trying yet again to be a smart-ass, maybe if you actually read the news in recent months you'd know that every bit of this Xbox One hate is completely deserved.

NumeroGaijin said on July 28, 2013 at 11:47 a.m.

@13 PS3 has and PS4 are not region locked.....

@22 I cannot tell whether you are serious or not. If you are being serious I will tell you one thing...being willfully ignorant will get you nowhere.

SgtKonus said on July 28, 2013 at 11:47 a.m.

This sounds really cool. It'll be great to have a ton of competition on XB1 XBL for this game. Shadow Jago will probably have some interesting tools to differentiate him from Jago.

AugustAPC said on July 28, 2013 at 11:47 a.m.

Shadow Jago sounds pretty lame to me...

I'm worried as to what this "round one" deal is. Killer Instinct is the last game I would want them using to experiment with new distribution models.

SgtKonus said on July 28, 2013 at 11:48 a.m.

@24, that may be true to many friend, but that is not the topic at hand here.

Damonta said on July 28, 2013 at 11:51 a.m.

@#22

Nice try, shill. Maybe if you actually read anything about the consoles other than what Microsoft spoon-feed you then you'd know that the PS4 is going to have plenty of PSN features that the PS3 didn't have.

Microsoft are the ones playing catch-up. They've backed down on almost all of their bad policies to copy Sony's successful ones out of desperation, because their XB1 preorders were getting demolished by the PS4's. lol

It's too little too late though. Microsoft have already shown their true colours and the damage has already been done. I pity anyone gullible enough to support the XB1 after everthing that happened. It's as if some gamers forgot that only months ago Microsoft were arrogantly spitting in everyone's faces with their idiotic and discriminating policies.

I guess that some gamers are easily manipulated and have given in to Microsoft's nostalgic lure of games like KI. I bet that Microsoft tried to pull the crap they did because they knew they could easily get away with it by just daggling a game in front of it's predictable fans. It's like a drug addict looking for that quick fix of drugs, even at the cost of his own dignity. Don't come crying to me when Microsoft tries to screw you over in the future with another attempt at their DRM scheme.

ReddChief said on July 28, 2013 at 11:52 a.m.

@#22 lol well you tried but Xbox is a fail sorry it will go the route Wii U did

Louiscipher said on July 28, 2013 at 11:53 a.m.

HUGE number of scrubs online for this game.

Strider_Hien said on July 28, 2013 at noon

@31 You say that like it's a bad thing.Everybody starts out as a scrub.Once they figured out the mechanics,they'll grow as FG players and won't be "scrubs"....Embrace the new guys:For better or worse,they are the future.

BushinryuDragon said on July 28, 2013 at 12:03 p.m.

now im just sayin $499.99 for console, $199.99 for stick, $59.99 for membership that hopefully comes with the game. thats alllll im sayin.

Sanox said on July 28, 2013 at 12:15 p.m.

lol what the game has barely any characters and won't have many on release, and they are wasting time on "shadow jago"? just lol

jimk23 said on July 28, 2013 at 12:27 p.m.

So... exclusive character for the digital version? That's not cool.

TwoCoins said on July 28, 2013 at 12:28 p.m.

lol 22 your joking right?

if not.

- Discounted games - Cloud saves - Automatic game updates - Early access to betas - Instant game collection - Online multiplayer

-Free games
Drive Club, Don't Starve, Outlast, Secret Ponchos

Access to Free To Play games
Blacklight: Retribution DC Universe Online Planetside 2 Warframe
(Also you dont need PS+ to play these games or even need PS+ to use basic services like Netflix and Hulu.

-You also get free games every month, not crap games or really old games either. Real games of quality. Sometimes not even out that long.

-self publishing for indies, removing cost to update games for the developers, etc. (important for smaller studios and indies)

(PS+) blowing XBOX live out the water and next gen it will only get much much much better.

badjab326 said on July 28, 2013 at 12:29 p.m.

"Yo guys, we have access to the greatest technology video gaming has ever seen. But we might not be able to have as many characters as a SNES or N64 game. To make up for it, we'll just make palette swapped characters instead, and we won't even do a headswap or new animations to make it a completely new character!" - Double Helix

TwoCoins said on July 28, 2013 at 12:32 p.m.

Anyways i have my predictions with Killer Instic. When release the roster will be small, so you can buy the game for like 49.99 for which i'm gonna bet its gonna be 6-8 player roster. they will sell you characters as they finish for like 5-10 bucks a pop (which is not included for the total game) and when all said and done, the game will cost you like 200 bucks.

Loryuo said on July 28, 2013 at 12:34 p.m.

how about you all shut the heck up about which console is better? Why can't people just be happy and just play games on w/e console they want to purchase? Always people attacking each other trying defend and convert others into their perspectives.

Hajiki said on July 28, 2013 at 12:38 p.m.

You're right, just can't stand idiots like him. That aside, I'm not really hype about this new KI game, I wish they'd had let Rare or at least someone with a more notable track record develop the game.

GenSoHotSpicy said on July 28, 2013 at 12:52 p.m.

Don't know how people can hate on $60 a year for a superb online experience. I just spent $84 an hour ago on snacks, beer, cigarettes, and lamb for kabobs for the USA v Panama Gold Cup final. Come on people get a job.

Im have been buying 12 month subscriptions for Xbox Live for the last 6 years and I plan on continuing that for as long as Im playing online. Stay free cheap@$$ Sony sheep.

Im not surprise this game is going to be episodic, they did sort of state that in the beginning. Xbox One cant get here soon enough, Im hyped.

SteadiestShark said on July 28, 2013 at 12:53 p.m.

Sunstarved Jago is best Jago

bagel_bytez said on July 28, 2013 at 12:57 p.m.

Honestly, I bought snes ki recently and I gotta admit. You can definitely see why at the time it would compete with mk or sf, but I think the we one looks really not fun at all.

And BTW, if you decide to go to Barcelona an run with the bulls, some people will think it's cool, some wont care, and a lot of others are gonna say you're a completely moron. So yeh, if you buy an xb1, you're a complete moron lol.

fgclolz said on July 28, 2013 at 1:16 p.m.

#22 must be from Micro$oft's reputation management department, lol!

GenSoHotSpicy said on July 28, 2013 at 1:31 p.m.

You are the fool. The bull run is in Pamplona not Barcelona. I would know because I've attended in the past.

Sorry Sony fanboy but Xbox One has a way better controller, better online, Kinect 2.0, more apps, cable TV integration, social features and some fantastic exclusive games. Its a better medium.of entertainment, IMO.

GTFO with your barebones P(o)S4.

Hate on Kinect 2.0 all you want..but it is the most appealing feature to me since I have two kids and they love it. My daughter throws slumber parties with large groups of her friends and they play the hell out of Dance Central and other Kinect games so much. Its also great for family bonding. Hate all you want, buy as a father I get so much more for my family with a X1 over a PS4. My gaming system is essentially my family's system and that's what's important as I am a provider.

Grow up.

MentalFloss said on July 28, 2013 at 1:41 p.m.

@41 I love people like you who think just because we don't choose to spend our money on something it's because we don't have any.

Some of us just choose to spend the money we make wisely and not support bullsh!t.

While I make more than enough to buy both consoles, I'm not buying either until they have proven to be decent pieces of equipment for their cost. Usually don't bother with a new console til it's been out at least six months+ and has had at least one hardware revision. It's not because I'm jobless and broke, it's because I actually use my brain when making purchases instead of just blindly buying things of this nature.

I also like how you are now telling people to "grow up" while spouting your own immature rantings.

Also it may just be me... but I prefer a more barebones system. I use my PC to watch tv and just about everything else either system claims it can do (and not as well). I remember when game consoles specifically played... games. Who needs it to do all this other sh!t just so they can pump the price-tag up another $200 higher than it should be.

InitialR said on July 28, 2013 at 1:45 p.m.

Bob said on July 28, 2013 at 1:49 p.m.

Don't fall for marketing tricks.

Mr_Rik0 said on July 28, 2013 at 2:08 p.m.

"play Killer Instinct: Round One, with the exclusive Shadow Jago character" just be careful, as MS always does this ambiguous text in information of things they give, you need to confirm that they give you the round one edition

i'm serisously confident that the round one edition is the demo and in the code is just the character, they told here you play this version with shadow jago implying they are just giving the code

not saying the game will not be but, saying we need actual confirmation from MS store, but pretty sure they give just shadow Jago, my concern is b/c the title of this post says they give both game and character

Ultim87 said on July 28, 2013 at 2:17 p.m.

I remember just trying to unsubscribe from XBLA because my college lacked wireless Internet and I didn't have an Ethernet port. It would've auto resubscribed the next day but the redneck dunce on the other side was ADAMANT I pay $60 for a service I couldn't use and was free on other systems, not unsubscribing me for half an hour. Plus he repeatedly belched and laughed like a braying mule afterwards. What I'm getting at is M$' customer service is infuriating, so even if you SOMEHOW want one of those anti-gamer/consumer/non-M$ Employee machines, I wouldn't trust any dal involving them and Live. Dammit, why'd Nintendo have to GIVE Rare away (Old NoA pres and Rare Founders were bros., but still). I know the Wii U's disliked here, but it's the only next-gen system I trust...

Lordd_G said on July 28, 2013 at 2:17 p.m.

@45: " Hate all you want, buy as a father I get so much more for my family with a X1 over a PS4. "

Great response, actually!

So, that settles the console wars:

For all the loners, basement dwellers, and mouthbreathers that will never have a gf and care more about DDR5 RAM specs, than games, go buy a PS4!

For those of us with gf, kids, and/or a social life, we'll be getting an XBone!
Fore

bagel_bytez said on July 28, 2013 at 2:25 p.m.

Hey, I don't have kids so I'm looking at this straight from a gaming perspective. And I agree, the xb1 ha soo much non game related sh*t I didn't even know you COULD play games on it lol. Makes sense that they are trying to combine all our devices but it really turned me off that 90% of their presentation was about Facebook Skype an sports. Really, social networking is one of the worst things to happen to our generation (from a non business standpoint) IMO. Also, the nazis could have changed all their policies to be the best government ever, but they'll still always be remembered for their bad ethics and no one would ever want to be a part of it. Regardless of how they change their policies they are still all nazis

NoizyChild said on July 28, 2013 at 2:26 p.m.

#24 is an idiot, as usual.

See, articles like this are geared towards people that actually plan to BUY an XB1. It isn't meant for mouth-breathers like you to come on here and whine for the 85th time about how you aren't going to get one. NEWS FLASH: We don't care. You're nowhere near that important.

If you don't plan on getting one, then don't.

Now, would you like to continue to fail at looking like the cool guy, or would you like to back down like a grown-up?

InitialR said on July 28, 2013 at 2:26 p.m.

bagel_bytez said on July 28, 2013 at 2:35 p.m.

I thin the whole combo breaker is interesting, but they say you can break anything now, the way I see it someone with good defence is gonna break everything, or the opposite, we can to watch super over repetitive 100 hit Rinse wash repeat comboes. Honestly I can see this game generating 0 hype an I think it'll die within 3 months

Gamogo said on July 28, 2013 at 2:54 p.m.

Basing a Next-Gen console purchase right now when they are both devoid of software at this stage is folly.

And for fighting games, an exclusive console release that is served piece-meal is just silly in my opinion.

If it turns out to be a timed exclusive, the game turns out OK and there's a 'complete edition' sold eventually sold - it may well be worth picking up. But until then its just a gimmicky day one cash-grab release title to lasso the FGC player base.

The game strikes me as very dull so far though I won't deny the potential for nice looking (and hopefully PLAYING) fighters on next-gen hardware is strong.

Phraudulence said on July 28, 2013 at 3:15 p.m.

@45 you hit the nail on the head your first go around. Prople don't have jobs so they can't afford and Sony has always had aweful service. You pay for what you get, personally ki looks awesome, combo system of marvel with a ssfae pace. I have pretty much had it with the idiots. Microsoft did recall there decisions
For the dmr because they overstepped there boundaries but it has nothing to do with dh and ki those people complaining are the same ones rage quitting and sending hate mail

GenSoHotSpicy said on July 28, 2013 at 3:26 p.m.

Comparing Microsoft and the Third Reich, you are truly a buffoon. You really have no grasp on reality of you believe social networking is the worst thing to happen in this current generation. There are a lot worse problems, and Im sorry but I don't think social media is bad at all. You're being a hypocrit because you are commenting on the internet, thus participating in social media yourself.

Please refrain from degrading this website any further with your mindless rhetoric and utter stupidity.

The Xbox One is a gaming machine first and foremost, there is no doubt. However, having all sorts of other features is great. If the rumors are true I am super hyped over MLS Direct Kick and an integrated MLS experience on the Xbox One. There is so many great things yet to come out on the Xbox One and the 360 is proof of that. Compare launch PS3 to what it is now compared to launch 360 and where it is now. Microsoft has evolved their system leaps and bounds over Sony in the previous generation and I have faith in Microsoft because I believe they offer a lot more than Sony. I own both a 360 and PS3 so I know what Im talking about.

xShonuffx said on July 28, 2013 at 3:29 p.m.

Yeah they need to give something for those who alrady have the 12 Month.

InitialR said on July 28, 2013 at 3:35 p.m.

bagel_bytez said on July 28, 2013 at 3:44 p.m.

Hey 58, I didn't put you on blast directly, more or less I'm just voicing my opinions. Other people also raised the point of xb1 being a family system, so that's why I commented on that. And yes, I'm using a network to communicate via Internet, but I'm more referring to the people who live on twitter and Facebook and the like and disappear from the real world. Social media is an addiction, and it is a problem for a lot of people. Especially with the fact that no one does ANYTHING for excersize or team building skills or any of the good stuff from stepping out of the house and actually interacting with people in person. The fact that people can't even eat a meal without taking 60 pictures of it and telling all their friends is ridiculous. I think that xb is embracing the fact that that is a big part of our future. Guess what, so is fast food and restaurants cooking all our meals. Convinient, yes. Good for us, not at all. Just because something becomes the norm it doesn't mean that overall it isn't more detrimental than it is helpful.

Yes, comparing xb to nazis is extreme but the underlying point remains the same.

#1, just because it seams like a good idea at the time doesn't mean it is,
#2, people don't just forget when you try to royally f*ck everyone over. Like I said, the nazi party COULD become the most progressive, positive, for the people government this world has ever seen, but no matter what they do to change their reputation all I'll ever see is that giant sh*t stain they left behind. So capitalist Microsoft regardless of the fact that they changed their policies will always have a bad stink to me

BucketheadZ06 said on July 28, 2013 at 3:48 p.m.

It's incredible to me how much Sony fanboys moan and gripe about something not coming to them. How many of you have owned anything by Microsoft? I've owned Sony products and everything ends up being a piece of crap that breaks within weeks, tvs, DVD players, Sony "Xplod" boom boxes/car stereos. All returned because they stopped working. I've had my ps3 for a couple months and it probably won't break down because I NEVER USE IT! The last of us, just another walking dead episode by telltale games. It sucks and the story is boring. Since this is a FG site those of you who own both a 360 and a Lagstation can tell you how terrible the connection is. For un ill play vanilla on my 360 and 2 red bar connection s just as good and sometimes better that yellow and green bar connections on ps3. Complete waste of money, I'm going to trade this crap in and put it towards my Xbox One.

InitialR said on July 28, 2013 at 3:52 p.m.

BucketheadZ06 said on July 28, 2013 at 3:56 p.m.

InitialR you're completely wrong. My PS3 is connected, my wife's 360 is on the opposite side of the house via wifi and STILL I get matches 100 times better than the PS3. Stop talking out of your ass if you yourself have never experienced it. I've had friends drop out of matches on ps3 who live minutes away because the lag was so bad. NEVER have that problem on Xbox live. Again... My wife's 360 going by wifi has a better connection than the PS3 that's wired.

BucketheadZ06 said on July 28, 2013 at 3:57 p.m.

Not trying at all. First hand experience... Not just assumptions.

BlackMasamune said on July 28, 2013 at 4:03 p.m.

Round One huh? This sounds like it may have a limited cast, with Rounds 2, 3, etc. bringing in the rest of the KI cast. I'm not feeling it if that's true.

ONG_BAK_SAGAT said on July 28, 2013 at 4:03 p.m.

InitialR said on July 28, 2013 at 4:06 p.m.

Hajiki said on July 28, 2013 at 4:14 p.m.

Is that right? You're one to talk as you continue to get up on your soapbox and try to rip on people who aren't feeling the Xbox One because of the stupid policies and bad press that they themselves had caused. Articles like this are also not for blinded, console fanboys like you who try to push their love of crap policies and DRM onto everyone else.

Try harder and go back to your crib, you f*cking baby.

bunny said on July 28, 2013 at 4:28 p.m.

exclusive character on exclusive mystery version of exclusive game? DAMN!

dysekt said on July 28, 2013 at 4:55 p.m.

"people who develop games have stated that there is no difference between Live and PSN. This isn't an opinion or assumption. It is a FACT."

Except for party/cross game chat, which is a great feature, one of the reasons why I buy my current gen multi plat games on the 360, and a feature the PS3 will never have. I can be chit chatting with friends while they're playing different games and that makes it so much easier to set up matches/sessions since we're always connected. Probably not an important feature for non-social gamers, though ;).

PropLeXed said on July 28, 2013 at 5:01 p.m.

Umm yeah I'll pass lmao.

GenSoHotSpicy said on July 28, 2013 at 5:03 p.m.

I still don't see your point. Some people will abuse anything. I use twitter for keeping up with sports, friends, family, music artists and comedic relief. And fast food? The only fast food I've eaten in the past year was In n Out when I arrived back in California after 3 1/2 months construction work in Eritrea (N.E Africa). Its up to people and their free will, stop blaming things for people's own lack of control.

I don't work for Microsoft, I just don't like Sony's products, customer support and chinsy products. Im not saying Microsoft is the greatest, I just trust them through experience.

Video game consoles should just be for video games? Go back to the 90's. That's like saying cars are just for driving, screw a radio or the ability to search for the closest gas station or restaurant. Whatever, have your barebones console. My Xbox Onr can play games just like your PS4, but then it can do a lot more.

I care about integration with my cable. Its not a substitute for my cable box, its simply a bonus feature. And I don't get what's the problem with an always on Kinect..my Kinect on my 360 is always on. Sony fanboys sound so backwards they should just stick to a PS3 and STFU.

P.S: Dear Sony fanboys..quit it with the whole "You must be getting paid by Microsoft".. Why you ask? Because with that same logic "you must be getting paid by Sony". An American-made, multi-faceted gaming/entertainment machine trumps a Japanese-made, feature-lacking gaming system. Yeah that's right, I said it. USA USA USA!

dysekt said on July 28, 2013 at 5:07 p.m.

Damn, trolling so hard you can see the future. You're worried about Microsoft and the Kinect sending info to the NSA? How about Apple's iPhones sending them data, or countless Google Android phones sending data? Microsoft wasn't the only company involved in the NSA's PRISM program, Google and Apple were too and are much larger entities, maybe you should check your iPhone or Android phone if you're paranoid about surveillance, don't get your tin foil hat on for a product that isn't even out yet. But then again, you say video game consoles should just be for video games, so you probably have a flip phone right? A phone should just be for phone calls, why the hell do you need a camera?! Or internet access?! GPS?! Touch-Screen?!?! Why do I need to touch the screen?!?! Who cares about advances in technology, it's confusing to me! Video game consoles are for video games! Phones are just for making calls! Or you know, whatever stupid logic you have going on in your head that's the source of this unhealthy rage you have for an inanimate object. If Sony was a religion you would be a pastor, my friend. You'll probably take that as a compliment, which is very sad.

InitialR said on July 28, 2013 at 5:08 p.m.

bloodiasalt said on July 28, 2013 at 5:11 p.m.

GenSoHotSpicy said on July 28, 2013 at 5:14 p.m.

Because $60 a year for a superior online environment is so very expensive. Stop being a bum. You get what you pay for. I own a PS3 and I had my financial information stolen by hackers in Europe two summers ago and on top of that that my online capability was nilch for a month. Screw PSN, its the reason which led me to shelf my PS3 and why it's covered in dust. No cross-game chat was unacceptable.

theshredder39 said on July 28, 2013 at 5:16 p.m.

I'd be down with this if the console wasn't so damn expensive because that means you'd be paying a whole $560.

GenSoHotSpicy said on July 28, 2013 at 5:22 p.m.

But people are willing to spend $600 or more on a mobile device.. Go figure. I got cheddar so Im not complaining. I already have my Xbox One bundle paid for. What's another $60 to a boss?

InitialR said on July 28, 2013 at 5:35 p.m.

SoundwaveButcher said on July 28, 2013 at 5:35 p.m.

KI: Attack of the Shadows.

dysekt said on July 28, 2013 at 5:41 p.m.

"I'm talking about connection speeds and online usage , not features they offer you derp."

Ok, so you made no sense on purpose. Why the hell would XBL and PSN offer different internet speeds? That's all dependent on the your ISP. A comparison based on that is retarded. The ONLY way to differentiate and compare the two are from the features/content they offer, you idiot.

"And if you want to bring up a point like that AT LEAST I can talk to my friends FOR FREE and not pay 50 bucks for ONE NEAT FEATURE. "

Except that you CAN'T do cross game chat on the PS3, and you'll NEVER get that feature, it doesn't have enough RAM for it. You couldn't get it even if you WANTED to pay for it. I can smell Sony's balls on your breath, sir.

InitialR said on July 28, 2013 at 5:46 p.m.

ONG_BAK_SAGAT said on July 28, 2013 at 5:47 p.m.

InitialR said on July 28, 2013 at 6 p.m.

dysekt said on July 28, 2013 at 6:02 p.m.

I wish I was a fanboy! All this rage for inanimate objects just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! And I did read all your previous posts, so I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that YOU are indeed the fanboy that has no idea wth you're talking about. There IS a difference between XBL and PSN when you compare the features and content/services they offer, whichever one prefers is SUBJECTIVE. I have all current gen consoles, I'm not an internet troll/bum like yourself comparing products and services based on bias opinions and assumptions. Please don't be mad at me for not choosing to play my PS3 online as much as my 360. It's just my personal preference =]. Maybe YOU should "Stop telling people to grow up if you can't even accept that some people aren't going to like your console and its services." =]

NoizyChild said on July 28, 2013 at 6:07 p.m.

Lol.....who's a fanboy? All I said was that if you don't plan on getting one, then don't. Nobody is forcing you to.

What we DON'T need, however, are comments by pinheads like you that feel the need to notify us that you aren't getting one on EVERY SINGLE ARTICLE concerning it.

We don't care that you aren't getting one. Just like your parents apparently didn't care how much paint thinner you sniffed.

dysekt said on July 28, 2013 at 6:21 p.m.

LOL not really stating facts, but generalizing that a good majority of people feel EXACTLY the way you do to make your argument seem stronger, when it's all just based on your personal opinion. I get it, though. Troll Mentality.

LordProsper said on July 28, 2013 at 6:22 p.m.

You all are getting pissed off at the wrong thing.

'Make the most of Xbox One by adding a Day One Xbox Live Gold membership, and play Killer Instinct: Round One with the exclusive Shadow Jago character.'

That essentially says 'Subscribe to XBL on day one or you miss out on a character!'

What kind of BS is that? (Assuming I'm reading that right, because it really seems this 'deal' is the only way you can get Shadow Jago. Also assuming he isn't just a palette swap/alternate costume.)

InitialR said on July 28, 2013 at 6:26 p.m.

dysekt said on July 28, 2013 at 6:36 p.m.

Wow man, if you're argument is not about features...YOU HAVE NO ARGUMENT. Do you just eat trollbait for lunch or something? "xbox live is faster then the ps3" is nowhere else on this page, all I see are people who happen to prefer XBL over PSN and you trying to convert them over to your PSN religion claiming that THEY ARE THE SAME THING, when indeed they aren't. The retard is strong in this one...

InitialR said on July 28, 2013 at 6:40 p.m.

Razberryclownsac said on July 28, 2013 at 6:41 p.m.

Damn, some people get really touchy on this console war stuff. I've got both 360 and PS3, and I don't see much of a difference on either online. My 360 is wired, my PS3 is wifi. I will say I like the group chat on 360, but can live without it. As for all the extra features n the Xbone, they don't mean a whole lot to me as I don't Facebook, Skype, etc. if anyone else likes it, fine, buy it. There's really no exclusives I "have" to have on either right now, so I won't be getting either as of now. Get one, get both, and enjoy. And to all the people saying either will fail, I'm sure both will be just fine.

GenSoHotSpicy said on July 28, 2013 at 6:47 p.m.

Oh boy. Sonyphucktards cant admit that PSN is slower than XBL. I've owned both systems and I've played online with both and its quite obvious that XBL is superior. Yeeesh.

XBL has way..way more servers than PSN, especially in this next generation. Plus I won't have to worry about hackers.

No matter what, at this point in time X1 is a superior system for fighting games because it actually has a fighting game. Gee Willy.

JusticeBFBHCBHS said on July 28, 2013 at 6:49 p.m.

BLAH BLAH XBONE BLAH BLAH M$, HAHAHA F2P FIGHTING GAMES/THIS GAME LOOKS AWESOME BUT JOKES ON YOU I'M NOT GETTING IT!

Am I doing it right?

Hajiki said on July 28, 2013 at 6:57 p.m.

*sigh* more B.S from the biggest Capcom rage-quitting tool scrub in the known world. Are you done pouting you little baby? I never said anything about whether or not I was buying one, the policies they were planning to enforce sucked whether you like the console or not you idiot which is the biggest issue for many people. And I don't care about how Microsoft d**k you suck F@ggot.

The video I linked below is proof that you are failure at life and especially fighting games.

Undeniable Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQXO-X...

Loryuo said on July 28, 2013 at 7:06 p.m.

You all just can't accept one person liking the other system and shut the hell up huh? Just gotta try so hard. Fanboys at their finest. Poison of every community and media.

JRXP2011 said on July 28, 2013 at 7:09 p.m.

F these haters. Take my money now ms.

NoizyChild said on July 28, 2013 at 7:14 p.m.

More proof that you're an imbecile.

So you're huffing and puffing over policies that they aren't going to enforce, when they're nowhere near the point of the article?

Jesus Christ. Did mommy put paint chips on your cereal?

ONG_BAK_SAGAT said on July 28, 2013 at 8:25 p.m.

Load more comments