Tekken Revolution update adds training mode, Hwoarang, Dragunov and more on July 16

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • July 12, 2013 at 9:52 a.m. PDT
A new update for Tekken Revolution was announced today, it will be released on July 16, 2013. The update will add support for a free training mode that doesn't require any coins to use, plus Hwoarang and Dragunov will be thrown into the mix.

Also, there will be difficulty settings for Arcade Mode (Normal, Hard, Very Hard), with special opponents appearing in the latter options, who yield greater rewards for defeating them.

Click images for larger versions

To see a complete rundown of all of the changes, hit the jump.

- Hwoarang and Dragunov added as possible player characters (since you can only randomly obtain one).

- Addition of the "Warm up Space" (training mode, consumes no coins).

- Arcade mode now features additional difficulty modes (Normal, Hard, Very Hard) with special enemies appearing in the latter two, wielding greater rewards for beating them (the probability of encountering these characters increase on harder difficulties).

- Player Match can now be filtered to fight opponents using leveled up characters or base characters.

- New purchasable items; Costumes (doesn't list for whom), "Premium" Effects, and the "Reset Drink".

- "Reset Drink" allows you to completely wipe the allotted points on a character and redistribute as you see fit.

- Dan-rank (19th dan) and level cap (60) have been increased.

- Until 7/23 experience and gold earn is increased by 1.5x.

Translation provided by SolxBaiken, via 4Gamer.

Comments

thomaslight said on July 12, 2013 at 10:01 a.m.

Thank you Namco, Thank you.

gohan16ken said on July 12, 2013 at 10:23 a.m.

No one wants TR. We want TxSF. Please stop wasting your time on this and focus on TxSF. You said that the roadmap was SFxT, TTT2, and TxSF. TR was not in the mix.

SJFox said on July 12, 2013 at 10:28 a.m.

I don't care. With this next free match I'll have 30k gift points and unlock the next random. If I don't unlock Jin, Xiao or Hwoarang, I'll be done. I've put in way too much work in playing as characters I hate to keep doing this.

sav said on July 12, 2013 at 10:30 a.m.

arrr goddamn it now hwoarang!! should be intresting.....

Themax24q said on July 12, 2013 at 10:58 a.m.

Give us some tekken x street fighter news...please

HooliganComboFTW said on July 12, 2013 at 11:07 a.m.

Any news on TxSF?

Duggs26 said on July 12, 2013 at 11:16 a.m.

@Everyone, I think we can expect to hear some news on TxSF at Comic-Con, "The future of fighting games" screams a next gen TxSF reveal to me.

DunnDeal said on July 12, 2013 at 11:18 a.m.

Finally some training mode. Ive been goin in with Xiaoyu.

Wardog said on July 12, 2013 at 11:22 a.m.

Y'all need to be patience. I rater them take their time with Txsf then rushing it out like Capcom did, with their version. When they're ready to announce something about the game, they'll let us know. Patience is key!

bunny said on July 12, 2013 at 11:39 a.m.

takes too long to acquire gift points sick of peoples kaz n devil spam why does kaz's invincible leave you in a standing state to eat a laser ? Game pisses me off . training mode sounds good though.

gohan16ken said on July 12, 2013 at 11:44 a.m.

I am getting annoyed at people keep telling me to be patience. TxSF was announced in spring 2010...3 years ago. With the exception of SC5, fighting games comes out at least one year after they are announced. And Tekken games usually have an arcade release first. So that means TxSF won't be coming out before July 12, 2014. But it may not come until late 2014 or early 2015. This is why I am impatience. It would take time 5 years to release a game.

Lordd_G said on July 12, 2013 at 11:45 a.m.

Will the update fix the constant "communication error"s I get when I try to play a ranked match?????????

MentalFloss said on July 12, 2013 at 12:15 p.m.

@11 Harada also said less than a year ago they weren't sure if they were going to wait for next-gen or not for the game. Yes games usually come out a year or so later after they are announced, but this "announcement" was a little different. They just said that a tekken game would follow SFxT. It's not like they had even started development on the game (which is usually already begun when these types of things are done) when they made that announcement in 2010.

So not quite the same as what you are talking about.

ROSHINOBI said on July 12, 2013 at 12:16 p.m.

i agree with #11 TxSF is way overdue, patience is for granny's knitting swearters, i wanna play TxSF while im still kinda young (30)..lol Also earning gift points to unlock jin my main in the tekken series was tedious, until i started playing TTT2 come to find out he was there from the start:)

TrueGamingGuru said on July 12, 2013 at 12:19 p.m.

I'm liking Tekken Revolution, and heck it would be nice to get more characters & costumes. Heck Tekken Revolution is really fun in general despite couple of spam moves.

@everyone waiting for TXSF: I know everyone is waiting soo impatiently for TXSF, but were not going to see the announcements right away quickly. Besides the PS4 & Xbox One hasn't got released yet, and TXSF is being moved to next gen consoles. (even if wasn't specific to which console from Wii U, PS4, & Xbox One) If Duggs says is true, then TXSF might reveal some prototype for the game along with a trailer. (something what SFXT did) Even Comic Con is coming soon within weeks, we might see more plans to relate with Tekken's 20th anniversary. Heck maybe Tekken Revolution is a test version of TXSF for the new features were very likely to see in TXSF, along with female characters having cuter faces which was mention by Harada, and the Critical Arts possible test for the Super Arts that would be likely to include for TXSF.

theshredder39 said on July 12, 2013 at 12:40 p.m.

Some of you guys do realize that this is free right? I'm seeing some of the most exaggerated complaints, over something that is free. Ok guys here's how it works, when something like this comes up free, the worst mistake you can make is expect something grand, and for those of you playing the game and don't have your mains yet, take this as a learning experience, my main in TTT2 is Ancient Ogre but I really don't mind not having him around here I'm having a blast learning King.

Or ya know just go back to TTT2 it's the same engine anyway and it has the characters you want but don't bash on this game like you've been cheated when the product is free because otherwise it just seems like you asked for too much.

Wardog said on July 12, 2013 at 1:08 p.m.

Dude, would you rather they just release it early and let it suffer like SfxT? then people will start a negative feedback bandwagon... Cause people was impatient and didn't want to wait till the game was done. Trust me, Namco take their time with their games.

the_main_event said on July 12, 2013 at 1:11 p.m.

wheres armor king?

ROSHINOBI said on July 12, 2013 at 1:11 p.m.

@16 that's exactly what i did went back to TTT2 , and plus if you think about it TR is not free...it's pretty much a trial, that consist of you paying for coins to keep playing, now DC universe is free to play, you can maintain your statis without upgrading, missions and character levelling up are free, the whole open world freedom is free of charge. but TR not so much, with no coins or premium tickets you're stuck at the menu screen watching the counter angrily humming it's menu music , so stop convincing yourself #16 that tekken RV is free:)

Wardog said on July 12, 2013 at 1:15 p.m.

That TR music is catchy. Lol

gohan16ken said on July 12, 2013 at 1:34 p.m.

@Wardog, your argument does not work. TTT2 was released Sept 2012. By them releasing and updating TR, it tells me that they are not given their 100% to TxSF. The word "early" and "patience" is very subjective. Technically, we could be waiting for 5 years and you can still say "have patience" or "let them not release it early". The fact is that the game is overdue. I am not saying that the game should be released now. I am saying that we should know about the game now. We should have had a teaser or a picture by now. Or at least a tweet saying the game will be announce at EVO or Comic Con. I have learned that fighting game companies can not multitask; therefore, if they are working on TR then they are not working on TxSF.

Furthermore, this idea releasing the game for PS4 and XOne is stupid. With all due respect, the only people who are asking for a new console are the obsessed fan. Most average fans say there are still a lot of games left for PS3 and X360 that they have not played. Let us not be fooled, XOne nor the PS4 will have record sales in the fall 2013. I predict that the X360 and PS3 will sell more than their successors.

Lastly and most importantly, given the issue with SF EX3 on PS2 launch, I doubt any fighting game company will release a launch fighting game, except for KI. Unless Namco follows COD:Ghost to release TxSF on current and next gen consoles, they better only release it on current gen.

If you think about it and given Namco's pattern, TxSF will not come to consoles until maybe mid to late 2015 that is assuming they do an arcade release first. This should get everyone upset.

GOGZero said on July 12, 2013 at 1:37 p.m.

This is another nice update!

shades_of_grey said on July 12, 2013 at 1:41 p.m.

Kaz gettin that tuxedo, sweet.

Wardog said on July 12, 2013 at 1:48 p.m.

Dude, you're talking to a Tekken vet here, I know how Namco works when it comes to their fighting games. You use TTT2 for your example... that's nothing. Try Tekken 6... that game took 4 or 5 years to finally to come out cause they kept pushing it back, just like their doing with TxSf. They gave us Tekken Dr online to keep us occupied till T6 comes out... which they're doing with TR.

Like I said, when they're ready, they'll tell us something. You gotta to be patient. Things happens

gohan16ken said on July 12, 2013 at 1:53 p.m.

Wardog, how long should I be patient for? When is it ok to be annoyed?

Wardog said on July 12, 2013 at 2:23 p.m.

I wanna see something new about Txsf too, but that's how Namco works.
Trust me, I know its gets annoying not hearing nothing from Namco about their game. But eventually they'll say something, maybe at comic con or their 20 anniversary. Just hang in there, till then.

DunnDeal said on July 12, 2013 at 2:25 p.m.

My main Xiaoyu was the first character I unlocked. I was too hyped

theshredder39 said on July 12, 2013 at 2:32 p.m.

Actually dude I had no idea that was the case I only just started playing yesterday, but now that I know this I now see where the hate comes from and I kinda just wanna get that thing out of my hard drive now.

AzureRedemption said on July 12, 2013 at 2:35 p.m.

BlackMasamune said on July 12, 2013 at 2:42 p.m.

Get over yourselves, this game wasn't made for FGC snobs. And you forgot the community vote for a brand new Character they are running EH>

MentalFloss said on July 12, 2013 at 3:38 p.m.

@26 Just ignore him. He whines about TxSF in almost every topic regarding TR.

I mean god forbid Namco (who makes other games besides fighters, which are subsequently more popular) work on something else besides TxSF and also include new mechanics which may be included in the new game in a vehicle such as TR which is a perfect "testing ground" for them.
Seems Namco has learned from Capcom's mistakes with SFxT and don't want a repeat of that fiasco. I also believe Namco is being very smart in letting the game run it's course somewhat before putting their game out there.

gohan16ken said on July 12, 2013 at 4:38 p.m.

@MentalFloss, if you are encouraging others to ignore me; should not you do the same?

DeathSandwich said on July 12, 2013 at 9:24 p.m.

Option to play matches with 0 stats for both players. NICE!

daisetsu said on July 12, 2013 at 9:29 p.m.

PC version please. TxSF can wait if they do PC port of TR first!

TagAnarchy said on July 13, 2013 at 12:07 a.m.

I wonder how many new people to tekken will be graced with having Lord Happy Feet in their roster. Only time will tell.

Gamer_T said on July 13, 2013 at 1:48 a.m.

I like TR. I stop playing TR, and when back to TT2. becos of how the credit system works. u lossing your credit no matter u win or loss. they should make u only lossing the credit when u lost a match, not winning. Until that is change I will give TR a miss.

BumblebeeCody said on July 13, 2013 at 4:21 a.m.

What....a waste....of Namcos...time.

seph13 said on July 13, 2013 at 6:58 a.m.

@#36

What are you talking about? You do get a free premium ticket to keep playing every time you win a match with a premium ticket or coin. Its just like the arcade except you also get 5 free matches a day bonus.

While i dropped tekken years ago cause I hated the direction of the series from tekken 4 on, I do like how revolution is closer to the older Tekkens and I love the arcade feel of revolutions online system. To be honest I wish they didn't add a training room.

jnw93 said on July 13, 2013 at 8:31 a.m.

I hope they add Jinpachi & Jun

and id also like to see TxSF news!

Bullet_clip_ said on July 17, 2013 at 1:40 a.m.

i didnt get an update. love tekken but idk what theyre doing to revolution

Nitaka_Mishima_99 said on July 18, 2013 at 7:58 p.m.

Uh, my PS3 wasn't on during the release day of the update. Can I still get it of is it gone forever? I apologise, I'm new to Tekken (it's been awhile since Tekken 6)