Posted by Nicholas 'MajinTenshinhan' Taylor • July 5, 2013 at 7:26 a.m. PDT
Street Fighter 4 bizarre update change requests from Japan, extras part 1 - Yang, Ryu, Chun-Li, Cammy, Akuma In a new blog post over at the Street Fighter 4 Saikyo Blog, game director Tomoaki Ayano has given us some insight into the more odd requests he's received about certain characters, starting with the same five the actual balance change requests started with.

These are actual requests he's received, that he wanted to share because they were simply so bizarre. There's probably not much value here except for a few chuckles, but it's worth a read if you want to know what kind of bizarre stuff people actually send in.

We'll start you off with Ayano's introductory quote below.

Good day, everyone. This is Ayano.

There wasn't a lot of rain in Tokyo this week, after all. But that doesn't mean it's been sunny, we've had a lot of cloudy days...

Well then, for this week, we're going to change our plan, since I feel that I'd like to introduce some of the stranger requests we've received from our battle balance requests.

Hit the jump to read the rest of the change requests.

Yang

The power of his Tourou Zan... Is too low!?

Ayano: When I saw this, I instantly imagined Yang covering his mouth with his hand and saying "Uwah..."

Ryu

Hello, I'll get right to the point, and tell you that I have a little sister. But she has a weak body, and is hospitalised. But the doctor tells me that "If you make it so that Ryu is oiled up at the start of the round, she'll be cured". I don't really get it, but for the sake of my little sister, I'd like you to make it so that Ryu is oiled up at the start of the round.

Ayano: I hope your little sister gets better soon. Please tell your doctor "Please devote all your time into make this person's little sister get better. Ryu cannot have oil."

Chun-Li

I love Chun-Li. I like her so much, that in my delusional world I call her "Haru" (the first kanji in Chun-Li's name can be read as "Haru", meaning "Springtime"). Most likely, you already think I'm very creepy, but I have a request. In the new version, could you please give her a new costume where she has her hair let out? For me, balance suggestions are secondary, and what is most important is Haru's costume.

Also, I've previously requsted this from your company, but if possible, I'd like the materials for a cosplay of her Alternate Costume 1. I realise it's a selfish request, but please consider it.

Ayano: Thank you for your passionate opinion! I don't think you're creepy at all. I don't think there are many people who care as much about a character as you do, so thank you very much! I really don't think it's creepy, so it's alright!

Cammy

Regarding Cammy's alternate costumes, I'd like you to add her costume from Alpha 3!

Ayano: The Alpha 3 costume is nice, isn't it? I like it too. Her alternate costume 1 has a jacket similar to the one from her Alpha3 costume, so I think it's really cool too.

Akuma

Ayano: This is just too candid... Also worth noting is that this opinion was sent in signed with a certain top Akuma player's name, though I honestly don't think it really was him sending it in, haha.

Well, that will be all for this week's blog.

Please look forward to next time!

Source: Street Fighter 4 Saikyo Blog.

You can read previous entries in this series below.
Part 1 - Ryu, Chun-Li, Yang, Cammy, Akuma
Part 2 - Seth, Guile, Ken, Guy and Rose
Part 3 - Dee Jay, Zangief, Gouken, Sakura, Adon
Part 4 - Dudley, Juri, Cody, Sagat, Fei Long
Part 5 - M. Bison, Yun, El Fuerte, Vega, Blanka
Part 6 - Ibuki, Makoto, T. Hawk, Oni, Hakan
Part 7 - Balrog, Gen, Evil Ryu, E. Honda, Dhalsim
Part 8 - Rufus, C. Viper, Abel, Dan

Comments

Shalaska said on July 5, 2013 at 7:29 a.m.

It'd be really cool to see a costume with Chun-Li's hair let out.

Ps: Also please nerf her watermelons. Doesn't look good at all.

Existent said on July 5, 2013 at 7:30 a.m.

Wrong, Tourou Zan's power is maximum.

NiiroTegami said on July 5, 2013 at 7:31 a.m.

Funny

Dragonken said on July 5, 2013 at 7:31 a.m.

Bad trolling i guess?

DannyBoyPERU said on July 5, 2013 at 7:39 a.m.

Where's E.Honda???? My son !! Saludos Renato xD

BigFleccs said on July 5, 2013 at 7:45 a.m.

Lame post

SteadiestShark said on July 5, 2013 at 8:02 a.m.

I've wanted a Chun-with-hair-let-down costume for a long time, I hate those buns with those stupid little hat things. Always have.

Nerf her damned man-hands and thighs too whilst you're at it :P

NvhA said on July 5, 2013 at 8:03 a.m.

Dafuq is this..

GentleFist said on July 5, 2013 at 8:09 a.m.

Wait...what?

soggytoast said on July 5, 2013 at 8:10 a.m.

Also, increase C.Viper's damage and nerf Dan. Oh wait, that was in the LAST post...

triplethreat99 said on July 5, 2013 at 8:11 a.m.

Lol at an oiled up Ryu.

EnsignHiro said on July 5, 2013 at 8:12 a.m.

Wow odd is right

Tectondrio said on July 5, 2013 at 8:14 a.m.

I lol'd at the Ryu bit.

AeonGuardian said on July 5, 2013 at 8:17 a.m.

We all can agree with Ayano, this is some odd stuff here. Between this and that weird article IGN posted about "Nintendo has deliberately made their games easier becase 90% of reported gamers couldn't beat the first level of Super Mario Bros"... this is a weird video game news day.

breveglieri said on July 5, 2013 at 8:19 a.m.

Slippery Ryu is slippery

Foot_Foot_Dive said on July 5, 2013 at 8:19 a.m.

dorayaki said on July 5, 2013 at 8:19 a.m.

Capcom, increase Chun's walk speed and a 50 more health.

For Ryu, get rid of the shoryuken super and make it into hurricane super like Alpha series. Change speeds on his fireballs to be more noticeable.

That is all.

Sasuga said on July 5, 2013 at 8:19 a.m.

Oil and fireballs should be interesting.

SteadiestShark said on July 5, 2013 at 8:27 a.m.

I'd mark out for oiled up Ryu

#Kreygasm

gtfopanda said on July 5, 2013 at 8:29 a.m.

I think the title should be changed, to something like "Bizarre change requests from Japan".

Came here expecting a serious changes discussion, lol.

Catalyst said on July 5, 2013 at 8:32 a.m.

@gtfopanda

Noted, and updated.

francisyorkmorgan said on July 5, 2013 at 8:35 a.m.

AriesWarlock said on July 5, 2013 at 8:37 a.m.

I hope someone told him about Juri making fun of Cammy's dead sisters for massive damage.

Echo01 said on July 5, 2013 at 8:42 a.m.

Chun with her hair down would be neat.

wingzx20 said on July 5, 2013 at 8:48 a.m.

I remember a request i read somewhere that said Honda should have a fireball...

Deyrax said on July 5, 2013 at 9 a.m.

#26 Topknot beam, LOL. In all seriousness, Honda indeed needs a projectile - salt. Him throwing salt at you would be reasonable since he already sprinkles the ground with it before the fight.

Kenshiro said on July 5, 2013 at 9:01 a.m.

Chun-Li doesn't need to have her hair down.

Why make her like every one else?

triplethreat99 said on July 5, 2013 at 9:03 a.m.

I Like the Chun with hair down idea!

HooliganComboFTW said on July 5, 2013 at 9:05 a.m.

lol oiled up Ryu

dro2191 said on July 5, 2013 at 9:08 a.m.

not gonna lie if i can get that chun-li hair down costume ill put more time into this game

Sunforged_One said on July 5, 2013 at 9:08 a.m.

Why not adding more bizzare things to the list:

On EX-Honda-Rocket, Honda should become a real rocket....... that explodes when Honda becomes KOed during performing it...

When Sakura (P1) fights vs. Guy (P2), Guy should not destroy the barrels after Sakura is pleased to meet them. That is not nice of him. But I thought Guy is a nice character...

Whatever...

sarif2soon said on July 5, 2013 at 9:11 a.m.

i also want haru with her hair let down :3

irrenmann said on July 5, 2013 at 9:15 a.m.

Wouldn't mind seeing Chun with her hair down, for a change.

@Sunforged_One: "When Haakan is oiled up and he touches (hit or block) an attack that could set him aflame, he should explode instantly for an attack that deals 700 damage for an eventual double KO."

Cooking oil doesn't burst into flame easily, or it would be useless for cooking. Also, Dhalsim's flames are, by his own admission, only illusions.

francisyorkmorgan said on July 5, 2013 at 9:18 a.m.

Kelshou said on July 5, 2013 at 9:26 a.m.

"I'd like you to increase Akuma's stamina and stun so that he can easily win all international tournaments."

Best regards,

Infiltration

Remondo02 said on July 5, 2013 at 9:26 a.m.

Darklurkr23 said on July 5, 2013 at 9:28 a.m.

How about Speedo Gen

ssf4evo said on July 5, 2013 at 9:30 a.m.

Chun-Li with her hair out.... 10x sexier

Sunforged_One said on July 5, 2013 at 9:35 a.m.

@irrenmann:
I know, but the cliché is, that it explodes xD
But on the other hand... we do not know exactly what Haakan uses to oil up xD

FightDirty said on July 5, 2013 at 9:50 a.m.

Man, I'm so used to seeing Chunny with her hair up that I've never even thought about how she'd look with her hair down. She would look so hot! That could at least be a new alternate custome for her. They should just do like Soul Calibur 5 and make it so that you can knock their clothes off with powerful attcks - only care about this for the females please keep the guys clothes on. I should send that request to Ayano and see if he thinks I'm a perv.

chipndip said on July 5, 2013 at 10:04 a.m.

"Please make Akuma win all of the tournaments. BALANCING!"

And here I thought Japan was supposed to be a bit better than that. They're just like us!

DevilMaySpy said on July 5, 2013 at 10:08 a.m.

Surprised his sister wants to see Ryu oiled instead of a topless Cody. Japanese trolls too strong.

Suppi said on July 5, 2013 at 10:18 a.m.

it would be nice to see chun with her hair down, but then again itll probably be badly animated like evil ryu's alt hair.

ChumbleB said on July 5, 2013 at 10:37 a.m.

Yes. Oil for everyone!

Jing22 said on July 5, 2013 at 10:44 a.m.

I see you trolling "Infiltration", or maybe it's "Tokido"

Pink said on July 5, 2013 at 10:46 a.m.

Speaking of hair change, Rose is in dire need of a hair change back to her Alpha/Zero model but I can see why it's difficult as she was a sprite and not a 3D model.

thegoldencat said on July 5, 2013 at 10:56 a.m.

Ha, classic Infiltration.

francisyorkmorgan said on July 5, 2013 at 11:01 a.m.

ashvanden said on July 5, 2013 at 11:42 a.m.

buy arika and include garuda, skullo, vulcano rosso, d. dark and kairi in the new update. 5 bucks each, no problem.

Jinzo18 said on July 5, 2013 at 12:25 p.m.

francisyorkmorgan said on July 5, 2013 at 12:52 p.m.

FlutLicht said on July 5, 2013 at 2:25 p.m.

Am I not getting a joke or is it just me who thinks that yang's main problem really is his low BnB damage? Which btw. is totally related to the Torou Zan Nerf (on top of the c.lk damage) in AE2012.

At least make the EX version do more damage than the normal one or give us a setup afterwards.

danny2times said on July 5, 2013 at 2:32 p.m.

actually we do know exactly what oil hakan uses bro, he mentioned virgin olive oil in game. so get your facts straight dweeb! ha ha aha! zueymomma!

PropLeXed said on July 5, 2013 at 3:06 p.m.

Dat trolling.

Chunners said on July 5, 2013 at 3:11 p.m.

Really wish they'd just stop messing around and release this update already. Next gen is right around the corner.

SqueakyBloom said on July 5, 2013 at 3:56 p.m.

Would love a costume with Chun Li's hair down <3

XxAngelChunLixX said on July 5, 2013 at 5:55 p.m.

I always wanted to see Chun-Li with her hair down. Her buns are a part of what makes her so famous, but I like long hair and I always wanted to see just how long Chun's hair is.

As for an oiled up Ryu? I'm all for it ♥, Cody, Abel, Guile, and Guy seem better for it though. XP

JIHADJOE said on July 5, 2013 at 5:55 p.m.

Oiled up Ryu can have a go with hair-down Chun-Li.

6748 said on July 6, 2013 at 2:20 a.m.

i agree with akuma post all boss chars are suppose to be broken people need to stop complaining

Necreon said on July 6, 2013 at 8:56 a.m.

Since when asking for more costumes is considered strange?

JOExGIEF said on July 9, 2013 at 7:11 a.m.

#HaruIsBrokenPleaseNerfSoZangiefCanWin

darthvenom said on August 5, 2013 at 7:27 a.m.

The Akuma one was pretty funny.

militairyman said on September 17, 2013 at 9:57 a.m.

hello there is militairy man i like cammy a lot i would like to see cammy have more combos

militairyman said on September 17, 2013 at 10:13 a.m.

i was thinking maybe yall could make guil more like charlie and give him two flashkicks and make it comboable or just make him have more
flashkick combos all together