Skullgirls PC beta released today for 'Backers' from Indie GoGo campaign - Backer packages still on sale, comes with beta key

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • July 4, 2013 at 1:59 p.m. PDT
The official Skullgirls Twitter announced today that the Skullgirlz PC beta is now available to those who contributed to the Indie GoGo campaign. The Steam key has been sent out to anyone who purchased the "Skullgirls Backer" option and anything above it.

Currently, the beta does not retain lobbies but according to the SG Twitter account, they should be up and running in roughly a week's time. If you'd like to get your hands on the Skullgirls PC beta today, there are still Backer packages available for purchase over on the Lab Zero Games store. This will run you $36 USD and includes the Skullgirls Steam key, a digital version of the original soundtrack and a wallpaper pack.

Tip by Mr_Pyro and disp.

Comments

Viro_veteruscy said on July 4, 2013 at 2:12 p.m.

Whoo! :3

Celticlord said on July 4, 2013 at 2:17 p.m.

I was so happy when I read my emails today

rakuko said on July 4, 2013 at 2:18 p.m.

yes, PC!

Schwoi said on July 4, 2013 at 2:36 p.m.

THANK YOU MIKEZ!

Zentsurugi said on July 4, 2013 at 2:39 p.m.

It is time...

H_Lightning said on July 4, 2013 at 2:47 p.m.

This was a nice surprise!

disp said on July 4, 2013 at 3:16 p.m.

I guess since labzero streams every little bit, it's safe to say it's not under NDA right?
So, Squigly is still missing some animation frames and Ms. Fortune has a new HK, which is no launcher, I don't know if that's a bug or not.

ItalianBoy said on July 4, 2013 at 3:24 p.m.

Just download Right now having a input Keyboard/TE Stick Bugs can't go back or select have some issue or bug with control Maping

LordProsper said on July 4, 2013 at 3:39 p.m.

@7 Quite the opposite, you're ENCOURAGED to stream.

saucepot said on July 4, 2013 at 4:29 p.m.

Time to get a testing!

mrdrofficer said on July 4, 2013 at 4:55 p.m.

Wait. I'm not home. Does this mean squiggly?

hey said on July 4, 2013 at 5:17 p.m.

Yes, this has Squigly (although some animations are not fully complete).

MagStormFilia said on July 4, 2013 at 6:10 p.m.

Squiggly is amazing. Can't wait to fully learn her.

The game runs smoother than the console versions. My load times between matches are the same as console because I'm only on a Core2 Duo and 4GB. It's not as fast as the Alienware Mike had on Stream last week.

Online seems a lot smoother than console so far.

I've only encountered a Command List bug. It doesn't pop up sometimes in Training Mode.

Razberryclownsac said on July 4, 2013 at 7:05 p.m.

I'm not home yet but this is going to be my first fighter online. To use a stick on the PC, do you just plug it in? Or is there something else I need to do? I know it's dumb, but I've never done it before.

hey said on July 4, 2013 at 7:09 p.m.

Yes, just plug it in. 360 stick will quickly install its driver, PS3 should just work as standard USB input device. Skullgirls will automatically enable both a controller input and standard keyboard once it opens it seems.

HooliganComboFTW said on July 4, 2013 at 7:34 p.m.

Sweet this is on PC now and gonna try out Squigly now

ItalianBoy said on July 4, 2013 at 7:37 p.m.

It looks like to reset your controls, you'll have to go into My Documents > Skullgirls, then delete the folder called Save Data.

Yes, plug and play but again my pc have usb 3.0 and never have problem with my "PS3"Madcatz te on my pc with any Fighting games.

gaston said on July 4, 2013 at 9:59 p.m.

Downloaded and played a few matches -- silky smooth. First PC/Steam game and it is well worth it. Had to turn the the resolution down and switch background to 2d but once that was done, my 2008 Thinkpad (non-gaming) laptop ran it like a charm. Oh, my PS3 MadCatz Fightstick was just plug-n-play for those curious.

Razberryclownsac said on July 4, 2013 at 10:06 p.m.

@15 & 17. Thanks. I have a Qanba so I figure it should work like the PS3 stick.

Mike_Z said on July 4, 2013 at 10:49 p.m.

@7 Fortune's with-head launcher is cr.HP - she had two before, so we got rid of one and buffed cr.HP to match what HK used to be. s.HK without her head is still the launcher.

disp said on July 5, 2013 at 4:51 a.m.

Mike: thanks for clearing that up, I've been out of the loop for a while.

bugonisx2 said on July 5, 2013 at 6:07 a.m.

MIKE: I'm one of Richard's clean-up people. I've been with the team since Peacock.

Squigly's moveset turned out great! I picked up on it a lot faster than I originally anticipated. I'm curious to see if more folks use her DP, spear or sing as a common assist in the future.

feralwolf72 said on July 5, 2013 at 10:27 a.m.

played against a parasoul that used Drag N Bite as an assist. It works similar to Frank shopping cart in umvc3

Schwoi said on July 5, 2013 at 2:12 p.m.

SG doesnt run on my toaster, nooooooo! graphic card lacks pixel shader 3.0... -_-

ivirj said on August 5, 2013 at 5:14 p.m.

The netplay on this game is unbelievable theres close to 0 lag with <100 ping.