Mortal Kombat 9 Komplete Edition PC overview, comparison to console versions and HD ranked matches from Arturo Sanchez

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • July 4, 2013 at 1:31 p.m. PDT
With the release of Mortal Kombat 9 Komplete Edition on PC yesterday, Arturo "TS|Sabin" Sanchez put together a quick overview of the game.

Sabin talks on some of the technical specs, how the connection compares to that of MK9 on Xbox 360 and PS3 and goes on to play a ton of ranked matches which give us a great look at how the game runs on PC.

Via TS|Sabin's Twitter.

Comments

Gam3B0y said on July 4, 2013 at 1:41 p.m.

Arturo your PC sux :D

Xurkey said on July 4, 2013 at 2:53 p.m.

It's a great port I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Phynx said on July 4, 2013 at 3:07 p.m.

I'm trying to judge the delay based on the sound of his button presses... seems a lot better than people led me to believe.

Corvi said on July 4, 2013 at 4:15 p.m.

i posted this on the earlier mk9 pc news already. dont mean to spam, but i really need some help here:

can anyone please copy/paste the arcade stick workaround? because diagonals are in fact not working for me and i cant find anything with google, maybe because that game is banned in germany

hunter2117 said on July 4, 2013 at 9:02 p.m.

Corvi. I had the same issue when I had my fightpad on the D-pad setting. Change it to Left Stick and it should work fine.

NiteRider said on July 4, 2013 at 11:49 p.m.

yeah have some issues with fightsticks, I solved it for my Qanba with the Xbox 360 joystick emulator

cikame said on July 5, 2013 at 2:18 a.m.

Game plays great, is very stable, loads quickly, minimizes and returns from desktop with zero problems, online seems to be slightly better than it was on 360 making it very playable.

I highly recommend this port, but be aware that PC versions of fighting games don't have the largest audience so bring friends to fight with, since you might not find many people in ranked.

Also i'm lucky enough to have found a 360 controller with a decent d-pad for PC fighting games, any recommendations for good PC controllers for pad users would be appreciated.

rosy said on July 5, 2013 at 4:54 a.m.

Damn, that's a problem for me. I don't have local friend to play with (they like to play dota rather fighting game) So I usually play on online for match. :(

kaeshi said on July 5, 2013 at 3:03 p.m.

I bought this but it feels really delayed even offline. Not sure if thats not just mortal kombat though as havent played console versions since mk2.

Basically i press left or right, and it feels delayed before my guy moves. Is that normal? Nothing feels smooth like street fighter.

suprez said on July 5, 2013 at 9:23 p.m.

It's a port in all sense of the word. Outside of having the option to have much higher resolution. I played the story mode and they literally ported the cutscene from the 360 and it's look like burp. The quality drop make it clear that the 360 don't even run this game on on 720 p resolution.

Outside of it it's fine. Load fast like lightning on my PC. The control are tight on my keyboard etc, but outside of it .. A port. i hope the mod community fix the uglyness.

null00010001 said on July 9, 2013 at 4:06 a.m.

Can't run it well on low settings on a LAPTOP resolution and an Alienware gaming laptop? GTX 300M Series, 8GB ram and i5 if I heard correctly? Dude, something is really, REALLY wrong with either your hardware or your software setup.

I run the game in 1080p @ 60fps. Everything is set to "High" and the last 3 settings are H-FXAA, ATOC and 4xAF. That's what the auto benchmark set them to and it's perfect. Very small (I don't even notice it) difference in quality and it runs perfectly.
I run it way higher than your settings, especially seeing as you run it on a low laptop resolution.

Now here comes the punchline.
9800GTX+ 512MB, Phenom II X4 965 BE, 4GB 1600MHz DDR3.
High requirements? Ehmmmm...