Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • July 4, 2013 at 12:19 p.m. PDT
Microsoft looking to implement 'the Xbox Live version of Hell' on Xbox One - weeding out ill-behaved players using Reputation system If you're one of the numerous online warriors who reads this site or just have a bit of experience gaming online, then chances are you've run into the occasional jerk. Someone who jumps on the mic solely for the sake of talking trash, sends you hate mail or rage quits when you've caught them in an Ultra to finish the game and are about to swipe 100 of their player points.

Microsoft is looking for a way to deal with such people by implementing a system for the Xbox One in which ill-behaved online players will be identified and separated from those who are much more sportsmanlike. Using a new Reputation system will allow for tracking of such behavior and the eventual weeding out of problematic players.

Below is a bit of what Microsoft senior product manager Mike Lavin had to say on the matter.

What we're looking at doing is creating a very robust system around reputation and match-making. Ultimately if there's a few percent of our population that are causing the rest of the population to have a miserable time, we should be able to identify those folks.

Hit the jump to read on.

Lavin stated that Microsoft may end up pitting these disruptive Xbox Live players in games together and jokingly referred to it as "the Xbox Live version of Hell". He goes on to say that gamers who engage in blatant misbehavior are subject to having their Reputation score reduced swiftly.

If we see consistently that people, for instance, don't like playing with you, that you're consistently blocked, that you're the subject of enforcement actions because you're sending naked pictures of yourself to people that don't want naked pictures of you. Blatant things like that have the ability to quickly reduce your Reputation score.

Source: Shack News.

Comments

Freyzii said on July 4, 2013 at 12:23 p.m.

Well there's something they're doing right. Sounds good.

Holtrain said on July 4, 2013 at 12:23 p.m.

This is good. It means everyone that plays Call of Duty will be in "Microsoft Hell" then. This is delicious.

JasonLee said on July 4, 2013 at 12:23 p.m.

EVIL_MECHANICK said on July 4, 2013 at 12:24 p.m.

Awesomeness

JUSTDRINKOE said on July 4, 2013 at 12:26 p.m.

LuigiFan64 said on July 4, 2013 at 12:26 p.m.

I agree with JasonLee. Feels good to hear the hate and receive a message from them.

Sasuga said on July 4, 2013 at 12:28 p.m.

It would be nice if you could set personal comments to a player and they appear when you encounter them. So you know what characters they are playing or what kind of crap/awesomeness they pulled the last time.

gqazndood said on July 4, 2013 at 12:28 p.m.

Personally, online should be left alone. I grew up in the arcade era. When I first jumped onto Street Fighter 2 at the arcade and got blown up hard because I was like 9 year old going against teenagers it made me want to play the game even more against them. Then I got better and better and from all the losses I learned my mistakes and they also helped me through it all. Now its like, lets put all the scrubs with scrubs and not support a community where everyone wants you to improve and raise your game rather than, oh you suck go to the corner over there with the rest them.

francisyorkmorgan said on July 4, 2013 at 12:30 p.m.

XxkakashixX53 said on July 4, 2013 at 12:31 p.m.

This would be cool if it actually worked but it can't seeing as some people would just report you for no reason.

They'd probably just report people for fun or just cause some people are douches.

ryuhayabusa13 said on July 4, 2013 at 12:31 p.m.

xbox hell lmao. Well at least they did that right.

MagnesiumMg12 said on July 4, 2013 at 12:32 p.m.

This has always been one of the worst ideas ever. Yeah, Lets make it so when somebody wins; man children get angry and make false report for cheating so I can get thrown into player hell. Yep because Microsoft goes through all the actually reports to see if they're legit. Oh no I lost connection, time to be labeled a rage quitter and sent to player hell.

but seriously do people really think this is a good idea? Couldn't you already block those type of people?

H3ARTZ said on July 4, 2013 at 12:33 p.m.

"OMG Stop spamming projectiles."
"You keep using that same combo over and over, cheater!"

I could see this getting out of hand for the fighting game online community.

Tensa said on July 4, 2013 at 12:33 p.m.

@9 I fully agree its to late for me I already pre-ordered a PS4 nice try M$

blzd said on July 4, 2013 at 12:33 p.m.

dumb idea people will report you just because you beat them

xZOMBIEx said on July 4, 2013 at 12:36 p.m.

@gqazndood - It's not like that... Its just for the people that are blatantly rude and quitting games on people because they don't like losing and are constantly doing it... What you are talking about is just someone who may not be as good and they want to get better and are trying to get better but not being a dick about losing... They're not saying they're going to put people that aren't good at a particular game and just put them in with a bunch of others that's not good, just all the idiots that are rude and rage quit and putting them together with all the other rude and rage quitting bastards...

TheTHCGamer said on July 4, 2013 at 12:36 p.m.

So in other words a good majority of people who play fighting games will be there.

TrueGamingGuru said on July 4, 2013 at 12:36 p.m.

Microsoft's Reputation idea sounds like a nice idea. This is what the Internet in general needs those type of rules, because these people in general needs to learn the error of their ways. Honestly I'm sick with how people they act when it comes to gaming, and the constant trash talking that is either racist or insulting. This Reputation idea should replace the report button, because the report button is mostly used for all the wrong reasons. Heck no more 12-year olds playing COD game jokes, because the 12-year olds will have a very lousy reputation. I would support Microsoft with that idea specific.

VolcanicAkuma55 said on July 4, 2013 at 12:38 p.m.

lol yeah right. like thats rly gonna work

BlackMasamune said on July 4, 2013 at 12:46 p.m.

So I guess all the girls will be able to play together now.

Gpop said on July 4, 2013 at 12:49 p.m.

I think something like @14 will be a huge problem.

The problem with this system is that it's easy for people to abuse this by having the trolls report those people and MAYBE getting their friends (that they somehow got) to report them as well.

This is more of a subjective system as opposed to an objective system (ie. the D/C system Capcom has for their fighters so people who D/C a lot get paired with other frequent D/C'ers). The reason why the Capcom fighters was fine because it can objectively view the amount of D/C's people made, though the downside is that people with terrible internet wouldn't benefit from this, but they shouldn't be trying to play online anyways. This system Microsoft is trying to use is easily abusable unfortunately

SnowSoul said on July 4, 2013 at 12:51 p.m.

For people who complain about false claims putting them in xbox hell--what I believe happens under this system is that it takes a sustained number of complaints over a period of time from various people. So one guy reporting you won't hurt you, five guys reporting you in a week won't hurt you, what it does weed out is that guy who is a dick all of the time and accrues a lot of bad feedback over a long amount of time. No system is perfect, but if it only skims off the worst of the worst then maybe it'll be okay.

zUkUu said on July 4, 2013 at 12:52 p.m.

It'll fail just like the current rep system has failed greatly. You can't play any competitive 1on1 game without getting negative rep sooner or later. No one uses the "positive" function, and the "neutral option" (aka not doing anything) only improves your rating in such a small way, that it can't possible handle the negative rep you get from salty players.

It won't work. Rather reduce matchmaking with players you ignore and leave it at that. Glad that Sony hasn't tried to include this BS yet.

RiskierTerror4 said on July 4, 2013 at 12:52 p.m.

Huehue gibe moni or i report u
Seen this before...

SonicfanQ said on July 4, 2013 at 12:52 p.m.

@9 once again I agree with u. Example My rep on xbox live went to sh$% once I started playing Marvel vs capcom 2 when it was released on xbox live because of salty players filing false reports. If they apply a system like this is needs to be VERY well thought out

GreenDragon said on July 4, 2013 at 12:56 p.m.

@9 You mean the policies they dropped?

Wardog said on July 4, 2013 at 12:56 p.m.

Bad idea. Sounds good on paper but it won't work... like other said, people will abuse and be a hole, just trying to send people there cause they think its funny. Also what about the people who got a bad connection or their signal my drop sometimes, will those people be sent there, too?

Microsoft, just focus on your games.

Gillstolemyride said on July 4, 2013 at 12:59 p.m.

I have a 85% people that don't want to play with me, and i main dudley just because i love how a gentleman he is and i try to act as one online... Still, just because i can play the game i got a lot of reports from salty players, and the fun fact is, most of them labelled me as aggressive, while i haven't ever sent a single hatemail and i've never replied to them.

Also, i'm the only one in the world who plays a defensive dudley XD

TheTHCGamer said on July 4, 2013 at 12:59 p.m.

These systems don't work anyway why are you guys even worried. Remember certain games when players who constantly rage quit were supposedly suppose to be sent to a RQ hell where they were suppose to face other RQ'S? How did that work out oh wait it didn't I think the whole RQ hell thing was a way to shut up players complaining about RQ's.

RandomJohn said on July 4, 2013 at 1 p.m.

Is this suppose to bring back people who opted to buy PS4 because of the shady crap (restrictions) they did when they revealed their console? I say "good luck." PS4 is going to do the SAME THING. I'm a KI fan back when I had it on my SNES. However, this isn't enough for me to convince me to buy a One versus a PS4. I've been a PS fan so if Microsoft wants to convince me to buy their console, they need to do more than just putting rage quitters / a-holes in Xbox Live Hell.

Existent said on July 4, 2013 at 1 p.m.

It's not like one or two reports is going to mess you up. I would hope that it's well thought out though and not just a more noticeable version of what exists now.

maxs2d2ace said on July 4, 2013 at 1:01 p.m.

well this is good considering the tragic event that just happen recently with that online guy going to jail for making a joke online about killing school children in response to a troll.

ashvanden said on July 4, 2013 at 1:01 p.m.

whatever. PS 4 the win

doublef said on July 4, 2013 at 1:02 p.m.

TERRIBLE idea.

I'm a pretty good player in AE and UMVC3. I win the majority of my matches in ranked, yet never say a word to my opponent. And do you know what my "negative" rating is? 89%

89% of these people literally reported me as having bad behavior, "unsporting", "quit early", "aggressive", etc. etc.

And that's with NO incentive to them. Give them an incentive (like it will put me into "XBL Hell") and that number will immediately go up to almost 100%. I guarantee.

Seriously, anyone here who wins a lot of ranked games, go to your profile right now and select "View Rep". You'll be shocked.

uzernamefail said on July 4, 2013 at 1:14 p.m.

Damn, this is going to mess up the online FGC. Scrubs will whine and fill out false reports, while good players won't get salty and will rarely fill out complaints. Therefore, all the good players will get flagged while the scrubs keep on failing.

matthew6666666 said on July 4, 2013 at 1:16 p.m.

@35 exact same situation on my xbox, 90 percent negative and i have mine set so i cant recieve messages or even send messages to people who are not on my friend list...so if you are winning on xbox look forward to being stuck playing with trolls.

francisyorkmorgan said on July 4, 2013 at 1:20 p.m.

BushinryuDragon said on July 4, 2013 at 1:21 p.m.

this idea is a pointless and terrible idea altogether. if you beat someone in a game they complain on you. hell i remember a time i was playing marvel 2 (i use MSP) and one of the guys in the lobby got mad because i was "abusing the gameplay mechanics" and he threatened to file complain me. you can have good sportsmanship but cry babies dont care.

sav said on July 4, 2013 at 1:21 p.m.

"Xbox live version of hell" :D oh and couldn't stop laughing at #2s comment, anyway although it sounds good on paper what about if they make a new I'd. Some ppl have multiple ids to change to I'd say the best thing to do to help the fgc is monitor boosters that way ppl won't get in xbl hell from random ppl online its crazy how many cocky/aggresive/jackasses that are online haha oh and #29 DUDLEY players unite *fist bump* hahaha to bad I don't get to spread some dignity online that much nowdays

sav said on July 4, 2013 at 1:21 p.m.

"Xbox live version of hell" :D oh and couldn't stop laughing at #2s comment, anyway although it sounds good on paper what about if they make a new I'd??. Some ppl have multiple ids to change to I'd say the best thing to do to help the fgc is monitor boosters that way ppl won't get in xbl hell from random ppl online its crazy how many cocky/aggresive/jackasses that are online haha oh and #29 DUDLEY players unite *fist bump* hahaha to bad I don't get to spread some dignity online that much nowdays

bendermac said on July 4, 2013 at 1:22 p.m.

screw this system. it's bullsh!t already. no one gives anyone a good rep. you'll always get a bad one. doesn't matter if you actually talk trash or you're just good at the game... you get bad rep.

ms should just drop it.

irrenmann said on July 4, 2013 at 1:24 p.m.

This is not a good idea. Because online gaming is a well-ensconced thing by now, regular folks encountering such bad behavior know to shrug it off by now and don't need a nanny system. Such a system will end up serving only the wackos willing to spend the time to exploit it to their advantage and work to ensure a bad reputation for another. The nut who spends time writing you fifteen hate mails now will, in the future, be submitting fifteen frivolous reports intended to damage your reputation—and the only way to hope to counter it is to try just as hard to damage his.

Just forget it. Internet gaming is the wilderness. Online Experience Not Rated. Let it be what it is and communities can self-police if needed.

Azis said on July 4, 2013 at 1:26 p.m.

So, they mean there are people, real, living persons, who dislike my naked pictures?

WHO WOULDN'T WANT MY NAKED PICTURES?

Boo Microsoft! You know nothing!

xShonuffx said on July 4, 2013 at 1:30 p.m.

I don't know, I recently checked my rep and its pretty bad but im genuinely a good sport and rarely get upset. I can probably count the number of rage quits on my hands. Yet my reputation is absolutely trash. It might have been a result of playing with a group of friends that DO trash talk and they just gave me bad rep simply because I was a part of the team. Unless Microsoft monitors the rep themselves its pointless because everyone online is cynical and looking to make you suffer if they have to suffer.

Makbaz said on July 4, 2013 at 1:33 p.m.

Xbox hell sounds better than xbox one, maybe they should rename it to taht

crispylinks77 said on July 4, 2013 at 1:41 p.m.

This is a horrible idea because FIGHTING GAMES are played by cry-baby b**ches. I've had a 360 since release and I've noticed my reputation DROP A LOT during two phases of my account's lifespan. 1st was when I played SF4 a lot. Second was when I played UMVC3 a lot. I noticed my reputation go from 50/50 to 30/80 during SFIV and now it's at 15/85. The only time I've seen my reputation go up is when I played CoD and Gears of War a lot, used the mic, and made a lot of "friends".

PEOPLE ONLY REPORT YOU IF THEY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOU. NO ONE REPORTS ANYONE FOR GOOD BEHAVIOR.

DevilMaySpy said on July 4, 2013 at 1:47 p.m.

Welp, PS4 just confirmed itself as the fighting game standard. Good players will have bad reputations because scrubs label them as "spammers". This idea is beyond stupid.

Shiragaku said on July 4, 2013 at 1:50 p.m.

As much as I dislike League, one thing that was done incredibly well was the Tribunal system. At first I was skeptical since in theory, people can report you just to be a douche and get innocent people banned but this has rarely happened. And this is largely decided by League players, people who are worse than scum in my opinion.

Something like this for Microsoft is a nice option.

xShonuffx said on July 4, 2013 at 1:52 p.m.

The only way this might work (Reading from crispylinks77 assessment) Is to reward good rep. They have no choice. You can't have a system that only punishes you have to reward gamers for doing something they should be doing. This would create a balance.

Yes, you would get probably some boosting rep, probably best to create a cap but as long as you keep you rep high you could win prizes like access to beta test or download digital content before anyone else, maybe a free indie game download? I don't know something.

This would encourage good game behavior. In the end, the good votes should outweigh the bad and only the worst of the worst will get the worst treatment. A Gamer's Hell isn't enough imho.

Rahavic said on July 4, 2013 at 2:14 p.m.

Identify them and do what exactly? They paid 500 for your console 60+ for games and are paying monthly to play online.

GreenDragon said on July 4, 2013 at 2:20 p.m.

@38 http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/plays...

Sony was going to do the same thing.

Regarding Kinect you can choose what it sees and hears and it's no worse than posting online or using a phone in terms of privacy risks.

DarkPhoenixRises said on July 4, 2013 at 2:21 p.m.

Yeah I don't trust this... especially in the FGC where so many butt-hurt salty noobs dwell

I play Phoenix and since I play nothing but Marvel online... Do you know how long I had 1 star reputation? I think it resets after a year...I'm already back down to 4 working on 3.... Oh and I never send hate mail never say anything besides ggs or use my mic and about 60% of my rep is trash talk and hate talk... really??? lmao

Shep131 said on July 4, 2013 at 2:32 p.m.

This is a crap idea, there should be a way to name & shame some of the trolls though, like in excellent adventures NAZGHOUL/VIEWTIFUL TROLL pretty much pi*ssed everyone off who watched those video's off him spamming mike ross.

AkumaMishima said on July 4, 2013 at 2:53 p.m.

"prisoner's island" scenarios in multiplayer games is a poor solution to this problem.

Subtle things like setting communication options for chat off and making it inconvenient to switch or making it very easy for players to mute specific team mates or all team mates are easy things that don't make negative players more and more negative.

916 said on July 4, 2013 at 3:10 p.m.

That's lame cuz kids will report people just bcuz they get beat up by them. I'm 91% avoided on XBL aparrently. For ill mannered and unsportsmen like conduct but I don't even use my mic and I'm always as nice as possible with messages and I never rage quit.

EnsignHiro said on July 4, 2013 at 3:12 p.m.

Wow something microsoft is doing that I'm actually agreeing with. Just today I beat some guy who was using sakura and I was viper and beat him and he sent me hate mail calling me a cheater and then sent another asking what kind of a street fighter am I? I have been saying this for a long time but all 3 companies need to have some filtering software for people who are either unskilled ( casuals and or just flat out mashers) and one for people with good sportsmnaship and the skill/desire to wanna be good at a game. I'm not encouraging any sort of elitist mentality but I'm so sick of running into people with 10% d/c rates that keep trying too join me when I had several rage on me.

xanderglz said on July 4, 2013 at 3:20 p.m.

CrimzonWolf777 said on July 4, 2013 at 3:21 p.m.

"Man he cheated by beating me senseless!" *reports*

That kinda logic right?

EnsignHiro said on July 4, 2013 at 3:38 p.m.

@ 59

How bout the fact he kept spamming me messages til i blocked him? Hmmm there are other key details involved.....

GreenDragon said on July 4, 2013 at 3:59 p.m.

@58 The fact that they didn't give a definite answer on if the PS4 would use DRM before E3 makes me think they planned to use it but decided against it after MS got BBQ'd for they're policies and I'm pretty sure what is said on XBL would get you thrown out of an arcade if not arrested.

Raven said on July 4, 2013 at 4:08 p.m.

MS always does something that can backfire, lol. If trolls abuse this, good players will suffer.

A_Slime_Appears said on July 4, 2013 at 4:14 p.m.

They already have a "report a player" feature on 360, I don't see that being abused. You guys need to stop assuming that people are going to abuse the feature literally every time they lose. From my experience, it takes enough time to report a player that most people would be too lazy to abuse it. Ideally weeding out people who spam negative reports is also something that would be nice to have.

What I really want to see from XB1, not related to this system, is dedicated servers. Titanfall confirmed that it will use dedicated servers using Microsoft's cloud on XB1, if this comes to other games then there may be lag-free fighting games in the future.

roknin said on July 4, 2013 at 4:58 p.m.

@zUkUu - Exactly this. I have a ow rep myself and I literally don't send anything other than positive comments and "ggs", but get hatemail and downvoted "just cuz".

The rep system should be something users use to look at a person they played and decide if they themselves don't want to play anymore. I don't like the idea of using it to punish players since we know it'll be automated and a lot of the negative rep tends to be players that just want to punish someone they lost to for whatever reason.

If anything, the better option would be to make the "Avoid Player" function better system-wide, so that if johnny51338 is marked as "avoid" in one game, he can't suddenly run into me in another game.

Their mission here is noble, so credit for that, but I feel like it could be handled in a better way.

Gam3B0y said on July 4, 2013 at 5:12 p.m.

and all those cod players will have access to this tool and will abuse it
so this is BAD idea believe me !!!

bodyrokr said on July 4, 2013 at 5:14 p.m.

Elo hell, now on xbl

Aluppoj said on July 4, 2013 at 5:19 p.m.

Bad idea.

Lets have freedom. Internet police can stay at home.

Don't even want to imagine how ppl would abuse this "reputation" stuff.

Eltnum said on July 4, 2013 at 6:10 p.m.

The idea is good in theory, but I don't see how they will actually pull off a system that will work. Things like these can easily be abused with false complaints among other things.

Siryoudroppedyourcombo said on July 4, 2013 at 6:18 p.m.

Here's what will happen in FPS and Fighting games. You will win, someone will send you a love letter and report you for poor behavior because they can't handle their salt, repeat 1000x, lose your Live account and all of your games, $houtouts to Xbone.

crispylinks77 said on July 4, 2013 at 6:29 p.m.

@ 69

Microsoft announced that Xone will no longer require you to sync each game to the console. Meaning even if you were to get banned, you can still play your games on any other account.

Don't hate on a console that isn't even out yet when you don't know exactly what it will have. I read an article online after Microsoft's recall that stated DRM might be the future of console gaming. It's innovative and the benefits may outweigh the negatives. HOWEVER, people do not like the idea of change, hence the backlash.

DarkPhoenixRises said on July 4, 2013 at 7:18 p.m.

@63 what are you talking about? If the "report a player" system was being abused you wouldn't know it because you don't work for Microsoft.. but the avoid a player/ player rep system is easy to abuse, use, and manipulate... For example I understand you may want to avoid a player even if they are really good that's your right...so when you avoid xbox ask why are you avoiding, this is of course multiple choice and there are choices that won't effect the players rep like "player too good" Since most noobs/scrubs/children/angry douches are salty after a lost why not avoid you and lie saying you rage quit...or you trash talked them?

Get the point?

FightDirty said on July 4, 2013 at 7:22 p.m.

It sounds like a great idea on paper, but in reality it will probably be an epic failure for reasons that several people have mentioned already.

HooliganComboFTW said on July 4, 2013 at 7:31 p.m.

Sounds great, but skeptical how effective it would be.

shinra358 said on July 4, 2013 at 8:04 p.m.

As long as this isn't susceptable to ppl who are falsely accused by these same 'trolls' then it is alright in my book.

daisetsu said on July 4, 2013 at 8:49 p.m.

so if your're in hell, can you still go back to heaven or something?

id rather have none of this honestly. right now, even without doing anything different or special, i get negative feedback even sometimes, just because i win and im playing against a poor loser.

powdertoastzman said on July 5, 2013 at 5:21 a.m.

Wanna weed something out? How about weeding out all those racist guys on Xbox live I can't tell u how many times I've heard the "n" word online or cod playercards with kkk members hanging black people. Do something about that

rie_dude said on July 5, 2013 at 6:32 a.m.

yup sounds gd

knuckz said on July 5, 2013 at 7:23 a.m.

for the people STILL CRYING about policies i glad those of you will not be online so that i wont have to deal with the whining. this is a thread about a simple feature and you people are saying i already pre order ps4 nice try? WHO CARES what system you get. whats the point of even reading or posting if you dont plan on getting the box? geez man some of yall are so pitiful with this its so annoying

BigFleccs said on July 5, 2013 at 7:42 a.m.

We have that already mute,block, and so on. When you find another way better let me know. I don't want my child exposed to "stupid white people" at the moment.

Neoxon said on July 5, 2013 at 9:09 a.m.

Good concept, but it sounds like something that could backfire terribly.

Still going with the PS4 (already have a Wii U, gotta have those Nintendo exclusives), though.

JIHADJOE said on July 5, 2013 at 10:43 a.m.

XBone: Helping the NSA watch you since 2013.

worldrunner said on July 5, 2013 at 10:55 a.m.

Well they already have a "team" of people who monitor websites/forums and look at peoples profiles and join lobbies (Mostly in COD and Halo) where they ban/suspend people.

Bans from XBL are permanent though with absolutely no way to overturn it unless you can prove that your account was hacked into. So... If they're going to be banning people I certainly hope there is an extensive method of verifying that the people are actually worthy of a ban. I'd like to see Xbox spend more time banning people who are ruining the experience for the majority rather than worrying about people changing their avatars blue and trading MS points for in-game items or services. (Both of which give you an automatic lifetime ban.) Those don't affect me... Rage quiting and general "Douche-baggery" do though.

I've had an xbox 360 since release and I've never once spoken into my mic but yet I've received numerous bad marks for my "in game communication" most likely from people who didn't like the character/team I used or the way I played a match against them. We all get hate mail... Obviously those people frequently leave negative "Marks" on our profile too. So clearly that route isn't going to work.

damonte985 said on July 5, 2013 at 12:16 p.m.

this is great news because this means the fake players could play against the fake and the real against the real. injustice online community sucks everybody i play rage quit or play one game then quit. i like to play to get better and those rage quitters make it hard for players who just love to play and level up win or lose don't matter just getting better so for the real players this is awesome news.

xRELLIKx said on July 5, 2013 at 8:36 p.m.

lol kinect caption their screams wit dat tech ;)

bisonoob said on July 5, 2013 at 11:32 p.m.

i dont care about trash talk. i think its great for competition. however, i dont like rage quits. thats' pretty pathetic to pull that. what's the point of even playing.

Unk_Br said on July 7, 2013 at 12:18 p.m.

@8 scrub is one thing and a son of a bitch who rage quits and just spam hatemails when you win againt him is a completely different thing.
What they are proposing is getting rid of those jerks, and only making them match with other jerks, the scrubs who play nice will still be able to play with whoever also plays nice, so, unless you are the later you should be fine and shouldn't complain about when MS, for the first time, tries to do something that isn't stealing, or restricting its faithful consumers ( I for one had one xbox360 during the first year of its life cycle and it RROD on me and I never bought this piece of crap again, just to make it clear, I'm a very happy PS3 owner ever since, so in no way I am a fanboy, just trying to give credits where it is due )