Mortal Kombat 9 Komplete Edition PC now available on Steam

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • July 3, 2013 at 11:58 a.m. PDT
The PC port of Mortal Kombat 9 Komplete Edition is available today on Steam. This is the digital version of the game and the physical copy will be released next month, on August 6th.

Komplete Edition comes packed with all four of the DLC characters: Freddy Krueger, Skarlet, Rain, Kenshi, classic Fatalities and each of the alternate skins. This version of MK9 has full controller support, so feel free to plug in your compatible fightsticks or pads and have at it.

Mortal Kombat 9 Komplete Edition PC will set you back $29.99 USD. Check out some screenshots below.

Click images for larger versions

Hit the jump to check out the system requirements for Mortal Kombat 9 Komplete Edition PC.

Minimum:
OS:32-bit: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz | AMD Athlon X2, 2.8 GHz or better
Memory:2 GB RAM
Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS | AMD Radeon 3850 or better
DirectX®:10
Hard Drive:10 GB HD space
Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
Additional:Windows XP and DirectX® 9.0c and below not supported.

Recommended:
OS:64-bit: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
Processor:Intel Core i5 750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4GHz or better
Memory:4 GB RAM
Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 | AMD Radeon HD 6950 or better
DirectX®:11
Hard Drive:10 GB HD space
Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
Additional:Windows XP and DirectX® 9.0c and below not supported.

Tips by RebornOdin, SleepySam, TorTorVega, Xurkey, Offen, DrkHitman and Kawalorn.

Comments

Orichalkos said on July 3, 2013 at 12:01 p.m.

Quick someone test out the netcode and see if its as bad as the console versions!

Chaosshinogi said on July 3, 2013 at 12:02 p.m.

Not a huge fan on MK, but I like the fact that they ported it to PC so i will support it.

Shinkutatsumaki said on July 3, 2013 at 12:06 p.m.

Purchased!

TorTorVega said on July 3, 2013 at 12:07 p.m.

I think this is one of the best ports I've ever seen. They've done wonders with the graphics far beyond just upscaling them. They've added DX11 features and everything. The game looks incredible and the game play is perfect.

Connection between myself and my friends on the other coast has been really good. Haven't tried with random people.

Durag92 said on July 3, 2013 at 12:09 p.m.

Time to start capturing the PC version of this game, not just Xbox/PS3

DomDaDude said on July 3, 2013 at 12:21 p.m.

TEst the netcode! Test its MIGHT

ReddChief said on July 3, 2013 at 12:43 p.m.

Players get to EVO and find out MK9 will be on PC that would be a good prank the look on there faces would be PRICELESS!!!

Xurkey said on July 3, 2013 at 12:44 p.m.

The netcode is fine I highly recommend this game to anyone! Looks and plays much better than the console version!

shinra358 said on July 3, 2013 at 12:51 p.m.

Music mods NAO~!

J said on July 3, 2013 at 12:54 p.m.

Nude mods.

Necreon said on July 3, 2013 at 12:58 p.m.

Just played it over an hour, the port is awesome, runs smooth 60fps+ on max settings and console is nowhere near in term of graphics to this wonder that the PC offers.

Netcode: exactly the same as console, minimal input lag.

CrimsonMoonMist said on July 3, 2013 at 1:03 p.m.

Pretty solid port from first impressions with some nice new visual flair, have yet to try the online, but at least it's good from the standpoint of a pure port if anything else.

jadeguy said on July 3, 2013 at 1:10 p.m.

I hope Kung Lao isn't cheap, unbalanced, and overpowered like the Xbox360, Ps3, and vita version. But i glad they have MK9 PC Version i gonna created mods all day long.

KillerSushi said on July 3, 2013 at 1:37 p.m.

Played a couple of online matches.

Netcode is still crap - every 5 bar connection I got in lobies is like 3, max 4 bar in AE.

Game looks hella dope with everything maxed out, tho.

Chryo said on July 3, 2013 at 1:56 p.m.

Oh my god the netcode is great!

Oh my god the netcode is terrible!

Every damn time a game is released.

KingKong said on July 3, 2013 at 1:57 p.m.

What's up with the tiny ass screenshots? 800x400, really? Next time, please upload proper definition screenshots, or don't bother.

KillerSushi said on July 3, 2013 at 2:04 p.m.

@15 What would you prefer I talk about then?

Chryo said on July 3, 2013 at 2:18 p.m.

@17 Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying "don't talk about it", I just think the huge discrepancy that always comes up is funny.

Also I don't know what to think about the netcode.

SRankedMission said on July 3, 2013 at 2:48 p.m.

People still play this? Well, off to TPB, might as well try it out.

HooliganComboFTW said on July 3, 2013 at 2:53 p.m.

Great port,hopefully KoF XIII too

shinra358 said on July 3, 2013 at 3:14 p.m.

It has auto adjust graphics settings which is brilliant. All games need this.

The upscaling of videos show compression. The sound quality of some of the cutscene vids are kinda bad as well.

My gripe about the game itself is that you can't turn off body damage like you could in MK5-7. That sucks. And that cutscenes are video instead of rendered by the game. But other than that, this is one of the greatest ports I ever seen.

TorTorVega said on July 3, 2013 at 3:16 p.m.

@19 Really? You're going to pirate a game that you can get for $22~ right now instead of supporting the community? REALLY? You're going to seriously tell us all about how you're going to be part of the reason that more fighting games don't make it to PC? Thanks.

Spent the last hour playing online. The netcode is fine. Connection to people with good connections was good, connection to people with tin can and string internet was ass. If you keep getting ass connections remember that testing the netcode by playing with randoms is more or less folly, have to test it with people that you know you have a decent connection to.

It was fine with all the people I usually play AE with, and with the matches against random people it was still mostly fine. Actually the controls felt a lot more responsive than they ever did on PSN/XBL.

OnegaiShimasu said on July 3, 2013 at 4:07 p.m.

I can't wait to see those PC Mods! Bring on Ryu for Liu Kang. :P

ChipsLight said on July 3, 2013 at 6:13 p.m.

Will wait Summer Sale to see if the price will go down enough to buy it, I'm not THAT interested in the game but I wanna test it.

breveglieri said on July 3, 2013 at 6:30 p.m.

MK9 is 5 dollars on PS Plus on the Summer Blast 2013 sale

shinra358 said on July 3, 2013 at 7:04 p.m.

Yo, my forearms are like popeye's after playing with liu kang xD

Gohikari said on July 3, 2013 at 8:21 p.m.

Got it !

Ja_Kal said on July 3, 2013 at 8:21 p.m.

lvk96 said on July 3, 2013 at 9:17 p.m.

(From Reddit)

Judging by steam forums the issues with this seem to be:

Only runs once if you have multiple GPUS (ie Intel integrated + Nvidia/AMD on a laptop for example). After that the game won't run unless you completely remove drivers to the integrated graphics, which means all sorts of other possible problems/annoyances.

Diagonals don't work on several controllers' D-Pads including some peoples' XBOX 360 controllers and many peoples' arcade sticks, although there is a workaround that has helped some people.

Multiplayer is region-locked, so British people can't play against Americans, for example.

Somebody is deleting a lot of threads in the forums - one that I was reading about serious framerate slowdowns after playing 10-12 matches was deleted while I was reading it (tried to go to page 3 of other users' also having the same issue in the thread and all of a sudden got kicked to the forum home and that thread was gone).

Many complaints about lag in online games.

All in all, looks like it's best to wait a few weeks before buying this one to see if the issues get patched.

^Can anyone confirm all this?

IMainDanHibiki said on July 3, 2013 at 9:39 p.m.

AGH, I HAVE XP SO I CAN'T PLAY THIS.

Dammit... my Supreme OS is going down...

Kawalorn said on July 3, 2013 at 11:47 p.m.

#29 I can confirm slowdowns. I have them too after some matches, regardless of what my graphic settings are.

RAY16 said on July 4, 2013 at 10:05 a.m.

@ #29

I've played for ~9 hours and I'm pretty happy with this port thus far. Looks good and runs smooth with everything maxed out, I haven't had any crashes yet, and the online play seems fine so long as you don't get into a match with somebody you have a bad connection to or someone on a PC that can't maintain 60FPS—with one or both of those it can get pretty bad, but that would be the case for any online fighter. In my experience the multiplayer doesn't appear to be region locked because I know I've played with a guy in Italy (I'm in the US).

I haven't noticed any issues with diagonals on my TE-S, but does this game even have any diagonal inputs? Seems like a moot issue since as far as I can tell it's all up/down/left/right. Down forward (and down back) inputs seem to register regardless of whether I actually hit the individual directions or if I do a quarter circle motion.

There are a few minor issues for me, such as the clumsy way the game handles voice communication, the horrendous lobby text chat system, and transparency AA being an Nvidia only feature, but none sour things for me too much. Hopefully the people out there experiencing more troublesome issues will get a patch to address their problems soon.

RAY16 said on July 4, 2013 at 11:16 a.m.

Just as a follow up to my previous comment:

For whatever reason I neglected to think of jump forward and backward as diagonals and was focused on move inputs. :p

I use a TE-S that I dual modded with a Phreak Mods Cerberus, so I can switch between it being recognized by windows as either an XInput device (the standard for 360 peripherals) or a Direct Input device. In 360 mode diagonals are fine, but I just tried it in Direct Input mode and I could not jump forward or jump backward, so I can confirm that issue does exist, although it seems to be limited to DInput devices. I can't imagine it'll be difficult to patch that, so hopefully it'll be one of the first things addressed.

Amerika said on July 4, 2013 at 11:53 a.m.

People who say the netcode is "great" but live in Southern California should have their posts immediately deleted. Of course the netcode will be great when a majority of your matches will be region matched in your area due to the huge amount of players there.

Somebody with more balls than myself who lives in Kansas should be the judge of whether or not netcode, overall, is good or bad. Also, they should know what the difference between input delay netcode (like SF4) compared to rollback netcode (GGPO) is.

Lgr said on July 4, 2013 at 12:32 p.m.

@29 The netcote problem is there, the rest is fine, no mayor complains, but a bad netcode can break your game

Corvi said on July 4, 2013 at 4:12 p.m.

can you or anyone else please copy/paste the arcade stick workaround? because diagonals are in fact not working for me and i cant find anything with google, maybe because that game is banned in germany