Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • July 3, 2013 at 7:08 p.m. PDT
EventHubs asks: Do you want Capcom to update Street Fighter X Tekken again or work on something else? Capcom UK Street Fighter Community Manager, David "Dawgtanian" Hinds, recently hit the Twittersphere to discuss a potential update to Street Fighter X Tekken. He confirmed that Capcom has nothing in the works at this time for SFxT, which we've heard before, but he added that once the latest Street Fighter 4 update is complete, they can think about what to do next.

Dawgtanian: Right now we've no plans [for an update to SFxT], but you know how plans can change. For now we're concentrating on the update to SSF4.

NathanStathan: Oh yeah, I actually forgot about that. *laughs* I can only hope that plans do change. But thank you for your honesty.

Dawgtanian: One thing at a time basically, so once this update is out the way, we can think about what to do next.

This brought up the question, would you like to see an update to Street Fighter X Tekken again in the future? While the community has let it be known, on numerous occasions, that they'd love to see an updated version of UMvC3, Capcom's reply has been consistent, that they have nothing to talk about at this time, but they're aware of the interest in them doing so. The jury is still out on updates to SFxT, however.

As such, we've setup a poll to ask the community if they'd like to see something more done with Street Fighter X Tekken, or do you feel its time for updates has come and gone? Hit the jump to vote.

Would you like to see Capcom update Street Fighter X Tekken in the future?

You must login to vote

If you'd like to see Capcom update SFxT again, please leave a comment below detailing what you'd like them to add or change.

Comments

Ryan_Krown said on July 3, 2013 at 7:10 p.m.

I'd be interested if Alex and Sean were ever announced as possible DLC.

Kalyx_triaD said on July 3, 2013 at 7:11 p.m.

I rather no updates. Let that team get on their next fighting game for next gen, be it SF5 or Darkstalkers.

And this game has more than enough characters, don't need anymore characters added.

But if anything; how about couch partners going online together on XBL.

Orichalkos said on July 3, 2013 at 7:11 p.m.

Something else. game is dead would rather have a Capcom All stars with the TVC engine.

Lady_Mrarkon said on July 3, 2013 at 7:11 p.m.

I'd rather see much more work be put into AE since it's more-played than SFxT.

Darklurkr23 said on July 3, 2013 at 7:14 p.m.

How about more trophies with Matches and Time (Say 50K and/or 500 Hrs play) so we can have a reason to play UMVC3 and SSF4AE again after "100%" ing it. (minus the trials of course)

O and an RE FUll Collection CD would be great

CalleHero said on July 3, 2013 at 7:15 p.m.

Ehh. I'm 50/50 with it. I wouldn't mind if they did do an update(DLC, lil tweeks etc), but at the same time I want them to focus on something else.

afbz said on July 3, 2013 at 7:16 p.m.

SFxT is trash, let it die already.

iw2ma said on July 3, 2013 at 7:16 p.m.

I want Next GEN Fighters coming instead of that. SF5, Darkstalkers, new Marvel, SOMETHING NEW? CVS3?

Da_linkwent said on July 3, 2013 at 7:17 p.m.

I'd rather see them work on something else, I'm a fan of of franchises, but sf x tekken just doesn't have any longevity for me, even with the last update.

SadisticSamurai said on July 3, 2013 at 7:17 p.m.

Something else, Game was rushed to release. Let the dead stay dead.

shinra358 said on July 3, 2013 at 7:18 p.m.

If they not gonna give us 1 vs 1 or take away auto launching and make it a gem instead, then they should just do something else. I'm tired of their lazyness.

BlackMasamune said on July 3, 2013 at 7:19 p.m.

Gimme CVS3, Fighters of Capcom, or Figure out a way to update Mahvel. Other than those, SFA 2&3 OE.

Cammystrike said on July 3, 2013 at 7:20 p.m.

Nope it's about time we close the casket on this game. It ain't coming back no matter how much mouth to mouth they give it.

hursh said on July 3, 2013 at 7:22 p.m.

all i would want is for law to get a little rebalanced, dude is rediculous

PJ627 said on July 3, 2013 at 7:22 p.m.

Something else! CVS2 online or CVS3 please!

Eternal said on July 3, 2013 at 7:22 p.m.

I'd like one more balance patch for SFxT to be announced in like 4-5 months and released around next summer.

However I'd really like a CvS3 made with SNK doing the art or a Capcom Fighting Jam 2

JiFoJoka said on July 3, 2013 at 7:25 p.m.

This may put people off, but I'd prefer if they stopped SFxT and make a sequel to it, with much more work put into it (and no on-disk dlc).

I'm really disappointed in no 1v1 (or 1v2) modes, plus gems don't even fit the theme. Plus I don't see Tekken players in SFxT tournaments, which shows the game's terrible fan-service.

OniBlanka said on July 3, 2013 at 7:26 p.m.

Both

HyperViperNZ said on July 3, 2013 at 7:27 p.m.

They'll have to work on something else sooner or later anyway?

ReddChief said on July 3, 2013 at 7:28 p.m.

I thought they was done with SFxT all DLC is released it's the best selling fighting game sense it's release still move on were waiting on CvS3, Darkstalkers 4 and that Capcom fighting Jam whatever they called it they made the new trademark for

Smorgasboard said on July 3, 2013 at 7:31 p.m.

I'd like to see SFxT 2.

cmack92 said on July 3, 2013 at 7:35 p.m.

SFxT 2, with more characters and some more updates like some improvements of the gem and pandora system. then hopefully we as fans can get CvS 3 the timing is perfect for it

ForTheViolence said on July 3, 2013 at 7:36 p.m.

let it go please.

sfkm2 said on July 3, 2013 at 7:36 p.m.

Work on something else. Drop the game ASAP.

Tensa said on July 3, 2013 at 7:37 p.m.

SFxT was a nice try but I rather they move on an I hope the next AE update is the last till SF5 cuz I want something new from capcom

JIHADJOE said on July 3, 2013 at 7:39 p.m.

Let it die already, please.

SFxT was a cool idea that was killed by bad execution and bad corporate decisions. Premium gems, on-disc DLC... A lot of things in the game were flat-out money grabs and plain disrespectful to the customer.

I dont even care if a future patch makes it the best game in the world. I disagree with the business model Capcom tried to force on us with SFxT and will continue to boycott it.

Abbadon36 said on July 3, 2013 at 7:40 p.m.

Like the game as is. Do other stuff Caps!

Mr2Good said on July 3, 2013 at 7:40 p.m.

How bout letting the game grow first. What is with you guys and wanting patches every year.

kenmaster101 said on July 3, 2013 at 7:40 p.m.

one simple update to fix the timer would be enough...in other news how's that CVS2 OE coming along?

Tinja said on July 3, 2013 at 7:41 p.m.

I really love this game but I think if anything is done it still won't change peoples thoughts on the game :/ so I say just move on to something else

OhYouDontSayThat said on July 3, 2013 at 7:42 p.m.

marvel

kenmaster101 said on July 3, 2013 at 7:45 p.m.

Also Whatsup with the eventhubs app!? It won't let me log in, I'm always get "alert log in failed" had open my browsers just to comment....very inconvenient eventhubs gods!

XxAngelChunLixX said on July 3, 2013 at 7:46 p.m.

It's pretty balanced atm IMO. I'm satisfied with how it is now.

But if anything:
- Just balance Law and Hwo.
- Buff Poison, Ibuki, and Abel.
- Add Karin, R. Mika, Alex, and Q/or Urien. For SF side.
- Add Leo, Miguel, Anna, and Zafina for Tekken side.
- Maybe a new stage or 2. (This could all go into a sequel)

Then give me CvS3!! Pweeease?

illness690 said on July 3, 2013 at 7:47 p.m.

tktktk43 said on July 3, 2013 at 7:47 p.m.

Unless they decide to remove the whole gem system from the game don't bother updating it. How about instead of using that money towards another update for sfxtk, we use it for umvc3?

SummerUndercover said on July 3, 2013 at 7:49 p.m.

Let it go. Same with SFIV. If you need to constantly update a game to keep it alive, it's either a dead game or it was never fun in the first place.

MALDA_IS_BACK said on July 3, 2013 at 7:49 p.m.

Just die you piece of crap of game someone please buried it 6 feet under or I will send Hernandez from the Patriots to finish the job.

roknin said on July 3, 2013 at 7:50 p.m.

A minor balance update a bit later on down the line would be nice to bring some characters more in line with others and slightly tone down some things. Some extra features (stages, music, etc) would also be cool to see.

I'm 50/50 on new characters.

AriesWarlock said on July 3, 2013 at 7:52 p.m.

Something else, please. Also, I hope the next time has a more serious tone. I am tired of the goofiness, like in the Poison/Hugo & Howarang/Steve cutscene, Hugo is all like "... uh.... uh..... uh... Poison don't like you, so I don't like you either" -_-
I want the edge SF had back when SF2, I miss the messed up portraits and blood.

GoodMan said on July 3, 2013 at 7:52 p.m.

Love the hypocrites that hate the game but bought it anyway, even though they knew the game wasn't going to be good.

HansMoleman said on July 3, 2013 at 7:52 p.m.

I dont think a balance patch will reel in more people, and the people who play the game are satisfied with it. QUALITY Darkstalkers pls.

iloveolives said on July 3, 2013 at 7:53 p.m.

Marvel

MALDA_IS_BACK said on July 3, 2013 at 7:55 p.m.

Sucks just finish your last sentence for you.

HiryuMK said on July 3, 2013 at 7:58 p.m.

Let it die, its died faster than Playstation All-Stars.

SSFIV & UMvC3 are still more entertaining.

Kara101 said on July 3, 2013 at 8:02 p.m.

let that crap die,give us CVS3.

Wedge said on July 3, 2013 at 8:03 p.m.

CVS3. Doesn't even have to actually be CVS3, just a game with something that feels like real customization with the groove system, instead of the boring gem stuff that was never interesting.

JUSTDRINKOE said on July 3, 2013 at 8:03 p.m.

SqueakyBloom said on July 3, 2013 at 8:04 p.m.

Street fighter X TEKKEN is a game that is fun for a few matches and then gets old quickly. I would personally want them to work on something else.

Zanpakto said on July 3, 2013 at 8:04 p.m.

Lets have both update sfxt and Cvs!

RoanHen said on July 3, 2013 at 8:04 p.m.

I just want CvS 3.

Smackerthe1st said on July 3, 2013 at 8:05 p.m.

Something else plz!!!!!!

**Capcom vs Snk-3....

Kamehamehadouken said on July 3, 2013 at 8:07 p.m.

Darkstalkers 4, please.

Santaclaus said on July 3, 2013 at 8:08 p.m.

work on something else for the love of god. and dont make it such a piss slow game as sfxt please :)

thf24 said on July 3, 2013 at 8:09 p.m.

SFxT should be left alone. It's a decent game now after the last update, and I feel like its role was always destined to be that of a side game/in-between for the headliner games (AE, Marvel) whether it had been good on release or not.

Yousend said on July 3, 2013 at 8:10 p.m.

Move on. SFxT was a massive failure. Better move on and start on a next gen title.
MvC4 could happen to build hype for avengers 2 in 2015, right?
SF5. AE is a fun game, but its stagnating a bit.

I haven't played other Capcom fighting games, so I'll just give my opinion on those 2!

iYohan said on July 3, 2013 at 8:13 p.m.

People calling sfxt a failure don't even play the game.

The online community for it is vibrant. Its an amazing game and I hope they continue to support it.

Izick said on July 3, 2013 at 8:13 p.m.

Rather see Sfxt 2 so that why they could improve the sound and graphics which this game lacks along with balance and system changes.

Or Street fighter x Tekken x Snk would be godlike. It just Sad to let these unique tekken character go to waste!

Lets go Everyone vote Yes or this ^

Ralycer said on July 3, 2013 at 8:14 p.m.

Agree #57

RoanHen said on July 3, 2013 at 8:17 p.m.

#57 you mean: Street Fighter x Tekken x The King of Fighters or Capcom vs Namco Bandai vs SNK Playmore, don't you?

BeezleBass said on July 3, 2013 at 8:18 p.m.

Personally I like the game, but I feel like it hasn't progressed enough for another update. I think they should give it more time. The only update I would like to see is for them to fix normals according to their hitbox(more of a tweak than an update.) I love the game but truthfully it is horrendously ugly.

ashvanden said on July 3, 2013 at 8:18 p.m.

The game needs some more stages. Other than that i would love to see Street Fighter X Tekken 2

jme said on July 3, 2013 at 8:21 p.m.

The only thing this game could use is more characters of course. Other than that it doesn't need anything. It's perfect the way it is. So what do I vote? Depends?

Grimmjow_J said on July 3, 2013 at 8:23 p.m.

I agree completely. Unless CvS3, My boy Terry Bogard, ''Power Wave''! Whipping some Capcom ass. I'm on it! No homo, that's my man crush. (To much info).

By the way Eventhubs needs to add a all time favorite Fighting character slot.

AngrySteve said on July 3, 2013 at 8:24 p.m.

I don't think there is any saving the game at this point. I still have fun with it but it's very clear the game is just done. Let it die Capcom, nothing can save it now.

Zanpakto said on July 3, 2013 at 8:26 p.m.

You said it yourself more characters = Update :D

F1T34H0N0R said on July 3, 2013 at 8:26 p.m.

marvel

X4N said on July 3, 2013 at 8:30 p.m.

Let it die. Make a new Dalkstalkers damnit.

julio_anima said on July 3, 2013 at 8:33 p.m.

Rather than full-blown update, just small tweaks to problematic characters (such as Chun or Law) would be ideal for the time. Give ver.2013 time to breath. It's community is still very alive despite all of the prophecy saying that it will die soon.

Shinebox said on July 3, 2013 at 8:35 p.m.

Make a Megaman fighting game using the MvC engine. make sure everyone has lightning loops too

RonaldRogan said on July 3, 2013 at 8:35 p.m.

MAHVEL.

dro2191 said on July 3, 2013 at 8:38 p.m.

i would love to see more updates for street fighter x tekken, but honestly i feel that they should just fix the net code and ill be fine with it, so yea depends what they wanna do

H_Magnus said on July 3, 2013 at 8:39 p.m.

Yes, but not now.

Batsu said on July 3, 2013 at 8:40 p.m.

Move on.
Darkstalkers
Rival Schools
Power Stone
even Plasma Sword

Just not another Street Fighter or Crossover. PLEEZ!!!

Gotomaster said on July 3, 2013 at 8:42 p.m.

Just move on to new projects. A Capcom Allstars game would be GODLIKE.

KanzakiMtl said on July 3, 2013 at 8:49 p.m.

I'd like an update to SFxT

xShonuffx said on July 3, 2013 at 8:53 p.m.

Need to do something new, preferably something original. Its Next Gen, lets go.

bostonceltics89 said on July 3, 2013 at 8:54 p.m.

it should just die, capcom needs to move on with future franchises, rather than update a game that was a riddled with problems from the start. Hopefully they learned their lesson from this fiasco, and stop dumbing down fighing games in order to suit the general public and fatten their own wallets.

SKILL said on July 3, 2013 at 8:57 p.m.

Why not?
Game has become somewhat enjoyable after its 2013 patch.
Even fun i dare to say!
Just fix the damn time and add 10 more stages.
The lack of stages is what makes this game boring...
Then youcan have more of my money!";)

MaverickHunterX said on July 3, 2013 at 9 p.m.

Either an update or a sequel would be nice.

manoelmfs1 said on July 3, 2013 at 9:01 p.m.

SFxT is fine. Nothing can change his jab game...

but, 2x2 like KOF (only change the character if die) would be interesting

DesuBlade said on July 3, 2013 at 9:02 p.m.

Move on. The game is not very active and it's pretty boring to watch as a spectator. Let it die. I hate that Capcom is using up far too much time in making a game that's been out for at least a year more playable, but that could be used to make much better games than SFxT.

Some people might enjoy SFxT, but the Majority can say without a shadow of a doubt that this game needs to die and fall into obscurity.

HooliganComboFTW said on July 3, 2013 at 9:02 p.m.

Oooh~ what a loaded thead lol with predictable responses consisting of the standard "game is dead" blurbs present in Ehubs.

SpicyBurrito said on July 3, 2013 at 9:04 p.m.

The game's done. Gems, locked characters and costumes, they've squeezed out as much as they could. Just call it a day.

zarakisan said on July 3, 2013 at 9:08 p.m.

seriously? I thought they wud've already been workin on something else by now!

DyingDeath7 said on July 3, 2013 at 9:14 p.m.

As much as I didn't hate SFxT, I do think Capcom spent way too much time trying to fix it. They need to move on to other projects like maybe Capcom All Stars for next gen and MAYBE an update for Mahvel since AE is getting an update.

Doomed2laugh said on July 3, 2013 at 9:16 p.m.

marvel

Strider_Hien said on July 3, 2013 at 9:20 p.m.

Moving to another projects is great for a couple of reasons:

-There's still neglected fighting franchises abound( #73 has the right idea)

-Those failed projects of the past could prove fruitful today(#74 + a Capcom Fighting Jam/Evolution 2,completely reworked with a cool fighting system and more characters,would be AMAZING!) I'm still confused at how Neo Geo Battle Coliseum up'd the ante against Capcom there...O_O (Love that game and I'm still waiting for a network version)

-We need to deal with that cold hard fact:Mahvel is done,guys.That game is not getting touched,unless some insane,game breaking,console freezing glitch is found.And even then....>_> You're better asking for a sequel,at this point in time.SF4 is getting another update,so that's great.And I have seen people respond positively to the 2013 SFXT update.The players should let it breath and deal with the matchups.Law,Hwoarang(I would have gotten the game solely for his TKD gi.Where is it? V_V) and Chun-Li aren't unstoppable.Fight them...no holds barred.

Smorgasboard said on July 3, 2013 at 9:22 p.m.

Cvs2 is basically a Capcom allstar game because hardly anyone used SNK characters anyway. Also, it was boring to watch as well.

blackerthancoal said on July 3, 2013 at 9:23 p.m.

i really hope they do. i don't care much about any new games because v2013 was such a huge change from v2012 it felt fresh enough. the only problem is that with all the good that came, ugly things reared their heads together with it. i would have liked a small update slightly after v2013 to fix that, but it's been so long that may not be an option anymore.

it wouldn't be very important if there's no new characters though, but if they added more the balance would just get stupid quickly again unless they actually bother with small fixes right after it.

DumbDLC said on July 3, 2013 at 9:29 p.m.

Never liked this game would be happy if they moved on

BlueLagoon4 said on July 3, 2013 at 9:29 p.m.

I'm with #78

s1lentway said on July 3, 2013 at 9:30 p.m.

the only update i'd want to see is one that made all the dlc characters free. that's it.

electpaisa said on July 3, 2013 at 9:30 p.m.

Capcom should first get their own development team instead of subcontracting everything. Not that Dimps or Eleven have done a bad job, but this is the reason they can only do one thing at a time.

I would love SFxT2, with a simplified gems system, shorter stages and more online modes. I really like this game quite a lot, but its clear it was released undercooked, and with a second try they could make it perfect.

At the same time I'd rather have CVS3 or a new game with the Marvel 3 engine but no X-Factor.

Ginta36 said on July 3, 2013 at 9:31 p.m.

I like SFXT and I have to admit that the game does not have a good foundation to work with. It would be wiser to just start something else.

bojack13 said on July 3, 2013 at 9:31 p.m.

Darkstalkers 4. Enough Street Fighter for now.

Jaxon76 said on July 3, 2013 at 9:34 p.m.

At the last major, CEO, the CROWD was BOOING the game.

The stream was 100% against the game.

How much more unanimous can a community be? The game should no longer be supported, and no longer played at local tournaments.

Aluppoj said on July 3, 2013 at 9:37 p.m.

Good game, but surrounded by too much negativity.

Honestly, I want the game to vanish just because I'm tired of listening to the mindless community bash the crap out of it.

Only to turn around and kiss the a$$es of SkullGirls community project or Injustice DLC among us.

Just focus on AE then SF5. At least we all rally for AE.

Jookey said on July 3, 2013 at 9:38 p.m.

Let's see that all-Capcom VS game!

TrueGamingGuru said on July 3, 2013 at 9:43 p.m.

I wouldn't really mind if Capcom adds one more update for SFXT, there is a decent amount of people that still plays SFXT and accept it for what it is...

When it comes to what game needs to be updated games like SSFIVAE is out dated, does it really need more updates for a game that have been released since 2008 for Arcades. Most gamers would prefer to play new games rather the same thing like AE over and over again...

Even people needs to forget about the Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 update because Capcom doesn't own Marvel in general and they would still need to get Marvel's approval first before updating, another thing is the original members who worked on MVC3 moved on to something else...

SFXT in general could get updates since Capcom has full rights with the game, however the only reasons they would need to move on to new games is the PS4 & Xbox One release date. Because Sony's & Microsoft's consoles are coming in fall of this year, so Capcom will have the next generation consoles to keep in mind for new projects. Heck even Capcom could improve from 2011 & 2012 when the gaming marketing was really hurting the games in general. Part of the reasons that SFXT didn't get a proper release date is they didn't focus on Arcades anymore because the Western Marketing, it didn't get a beta version before a final release (unlike DOA5 & PSASBR), and part of Sony & Microsoft really gave Capcom a bumpy ride. From Sony's contract to have the DLC characters to be held back for the Vita versions release date, and Microsoft's problems is the game transfers where the main game files & DLC files are separate apart even Microsoft allowed themselves with the disc locked DLC method because of their limitations and Microsoft's lacking efforts.

The choice is up to Capcom alone...

Load more comments