Updated: Earth 2 skins revealed, Injustice: Gods Among Us - Blackest Night #2, New 52 skin packs and General Zod available tomorrow

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • July 1, 2013 at 8:08 a.m. PDT
Updated: The Injustice: Gods Among Us Earth 2 skin pack has been revealed featuring costumes for Solomon Grundy, The Flash and Hawkgirl. This pack will also be on sale tomorrow along with the rest of the DLC.

The official Injustice: Gods Among Us Facebook page has released a couple of images and information regarding the next wave of DLC set to hit consoles tomorrow. First up, Batman's Blackest Night costume was shown as the third and final skin in the Blackest Night #2 skin pack.

The New 52 skin pack, only available previously through purchasing the collector's edition, is also going on sale tomorrow. This costume pack contains skins for Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman, and can be seen below.

For pricing information and General Zod's announcement trailer, be sure to hit the jump.

Click images for larger versions

General Zod - $4.99 / 400 MSP (free for Season Pass holders)
Man of Steel Superman alternate costume - $0.99 / 80 MSP
Earth 2 skin pack - $2.99 / 240 MSP
Blackest Night #2 skin pack - $2.99 / 240 MSP
New 52 skin pack - $2.99 / 240 MSP

*Skin pack prices based on previous costume DLC pricing information.

Via Machinima's YouTube channel. Tip by SqueakyBloom.

Comments

SeriphAngel said on July 1, 2013 at 8:14 a.m.

Is it me or is that Wonder Woman image's face photoshopped on?

Batmang said on July 1, 2013 at 8:19 a.m.

Why is Batman also inclduded with Aquaman and Hawkgirl? If anyone has that skin already and buys the pack for the other skins, then they're losing money.

Hadouken_Os said on July 1, 2013 at 8:25 a.m.

So Grundy is the compatibility patch skin.

amrraed said on July 1, 2013 at 8:33 a.m.

Only if Wonder Woman was that pretty ingame .They are getting lazy was all these Blackest night , i can't think of a single one of them that i actually like .

Isn't the Earth 2 Grundy coming as well ?

P0LARCLAW said on July 1, 2013 at 8:34 a.m.

Booooo there is way too many Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman skins. Although I'm glad I'm finally getting one for Hawkgirl.

LDMJ2 said on July 1, 2013 at 8:35 a.m.

@ 3

No, Superman's Man of Steel alt is:

"Lastly, General Zod (the 4th DLC character), will be joining the battle tomorrow. Superman's Man of Steel alternate costume is going to be available for download as well and can be seen below."

Blazur said on July 1, 2013 at 8:42 a.m.

@6 No, it must be the Grundy skin. The MoS skin is being sold for $1, and nobody would buy it if the skin was given away for free ;)

jtir123 said on July 1, 2013 at 8:46 a.m.

What's dumb is...a lot of people already own that Batman. Not only that, a lot of people already PURCHASED that Batman when it went up on the store. Having to pay for him again while he's bundled is going to leave a bitter taste. What a scummy move NRS.

rongames91 said on July 1, 2013 at 8:58 a.m.

We could be getting Flaming C Superman as well, unless NRS only used that costume for that one Conan bit.

Burningpluto said on July 1, 2013 at 8:58 a.m.

more batman alts just what the game was lacking!!!!!!

Villest1 said on July 1, 2013 at 9:06 a.m.

So does the Blackest Night story arch just take place in a universe where all the Superheroes are ugly as sh*t?

Hadouken_Os said on July 1, 2013 at 9:08 a.m.

Earth 2 pack: Grundy, Flash & Hawkgirl. So now we need to know what the compatibility pack skin is since it isn't Grundy or MoS Supes.

xZOMBIEx said on July 1, 2013 at 9:19 a.m.

@Hadouken_Os - Just because they were giving away a free skin with all the other compatibility packs doesn't mean they HAVE to give one each time....

I have a feeling that there won't be a free skin with the new patch... You'd think they would have already announced it seeing as they just gave all the info about the New 52, Blackest Night, Earth 2, and the MoS costume packs and not one bit of info on there being any other skins or free skins... Or like someone mentioned it could be that stupid Flaming C costume...

Just happy that the New 52 pack is FINALLY going to be available to purchase...

xZOMBIEx said on July 1, 2013 at 9:23 a.m.

@Villest1 - Not all of the Blackest Night story skins were all dead looking... There was a normal looking Superman besides the dead/zombie looking one that we got...

It's kind of funny, the weekend before they revealed the Scorpion trailer and showed the Superman Blackest Night skin I was soooo hoping they would have made a Blackest Night costume for Superman, BUT, in his normal human looking form and not the dead/zombie look that we ended up getting... Oh well, I still ended up getting it, but mainly for the Doomsday costume in that pack...

TrapcomLovesKayo said on July 1, 2013 at 9:25 a.m.

Wow Earth 2 Hawkgirl looks cool but I want a Justice league unlimited costume

cnorw00d said on July 1, 2013 at 9:27 a.m.

i cant wait to get the GOTY version of this game

madviolence said on July 1, 2013 at 9:33 a.m.

Earth 2 pack looks awesome! Wondering what would the free costume (if any) will be this time...

TheTHCGamer said on July 1, 2013 at 9:43 a.m.

@8 NRS doesn't care and this game is slowly just becoming all about making a profit every couple weeks with costume DLC. Another thing it seems is every DLC character is better/stronger than the last. I've also got the feeling that this game will end up having worse character match ups than most fighting games this gen which in my opinion means the game probably shouldve been more balanced before its release.

Very fun game for me but I've dropped it for now until NRS is done patching all the time. It makes me feel that they didn't spend as much time as they shouldve testing the game and having top players test the game was a way to advertise how Injustice is a tournament viable fighting game. I find that funny because Hector at NES stated on twitter he thinks the scorpion complaints are more valid when it comes to casuals.

I'm not going to sit here bashing the game because it did end up better than I initially thought it would be and its a very fun fighting game. Still to me this game had noticeable flaws that were patched out already but maybe shouldn't have been there in the first place with proper testing. Then NRS is already splitting the Injustice communit apart because some people agree with these changes ever so often and some players want to let the game rock for a while.

Either way it makes NRS look bad because it makes them look like they can't properly balance a fighting game. Am I saying are there other fighting games that are perfectly balanced? By no means there is no such thing as a perfectly balanced fighting game but most developers are confident enough to let the game speak for itself for a good number of months instead of releasing a balance patch every month.

On top of that were constantly seeing DLC released which makes the game look even more like a straight cash grab when your constantly sell balancing this game. Another thing like Batgirls hot fix a while back tells you that the DLC characters weren't obviously tested well because it should've been easily found while testing the game. I'm not going to say Injustice doesn't have it's positives because I'm sure lots of people who don't usually play fighting games are playing it which is a good thing.

Not only that despite its flaws it's a very fun game and is more solid than I thought it would be. I was thinking this game might just be taking advantage of its DC license (which it is) before it was released but its still a good fighting game especially when you compare it to other fighting games that use a popular license like DBZ for example. Anyway like I said I might come back to this game once all the DLC is released and patching slows down.

Dbreezy229 said on July 1, 2013 at 9:46 a.m.

The official Injustice twitter page has announced there WILL be a free compatibility skin pack released tomorrow.

Xoleworld said on July 1, 2013 at 9:46 a.m.

It's like ares and lex luthor don't exist in DC. So many characters but yet they focus on 3-4 mains. It would be smarter if they just went around the roster before dropping batman and superman alts week after week before giving another character 1 BS one. Can't wait for ZOD though. *Salutes*

maxs2d2ace said on July 1, 2013 at 9:51 a.m.

when is the harley,catwoman and WW alts coming out?

TheTHCGamer said on July 1, 2013 at 9:53 a.m.

@19 They always do that anyways so that the people your playing against that dont purchase the skins can see them. It's smart in my opinion because some people are going to be like I want that skin and buy it free advertising. On top of that if you pay for it lets be honest you want other people to see those skins. Those two are DC's most popular characters of course there going to have the most costumes.

Dbreezy229 said on July 1, 2013 at 9:56 a.m.

@21 So far the Ame Comi costumes you are refering too have only been announced for the Japanese version of Injustice, but I'm sure everyone else will get them eventually

lillarry3 said on July 1, 2013 at 10 a.m.

Well who is the free costume then since all of these are priced lol. Skipping new 52 pack for now since I don't use Wonder Woman or Superman. Glad Hawkgirl is getting some love.

ScrubStep said on July 1, 2013 at 10:20 a.m.

2 Hawkgirl costumes! YAY!

Batmang said on July 1, 2013 at 10:24 a.m.

Ooooohh that Earth 2 skin pack. I might have to get it.

As a side note, it's worth mentioning that Boon said there'd be more DLC character announcements in the near future.

Skode said on July 1, 2013 at 10:37 a.m.

Wow the Earth 2 costumes actually look awesome and different enough to actually justify paying for... especially for the Hawkgirl outfit.

Dbreezy229 said on July 1, 2013 at 10:42 a.m.

Martian Manhunter up next as DLC. This game needs more chicks though. Power Girl, Zatanna, Carol Ferris as Star Sapphire, Livewire, maybe Big Barda or Donna Troy. What do you guys think?

Blazur said on July 1, 2013 at 10:54 a.m.

When the hell will Ares get some love?

Keyblade said on July 1, 2013 at 11:24 a.m.

Gonna grab the Earth 2 and New 52 Skin pack along with Zod, now I wonder who will get revealed next.

RonaldRogan said on July 1, 2013 at 11:34 a.m.

Free costume might be MoS Zod... i think Boon had some troll comment about it.

Blazur said on July 1, 2013 at 11:36 a.m.

@31 That would be pretty sweet. I have to chuckle whenever I witness a player who's chosen a DLC character bring up the skin menu, knowing full well that not a single DLC character has ever received a skin.

Redvision said on July 1, 2013 at 11:39 a.m.

Hell yeah, as a hawkgirl main the thing I wanted most in this game is an earth 2 costume for her. Was worth the wait :)

Razberryclownsac said on July 1, 2013 at 11:39 a.m.

Please let the free skin be Flaming C. It's not MoS because it has a price. Why would they list a price of its a compatibility pack skin?

Blazur said on July 1, 2013 at 11:43 a.m.

@34 Barf. Yet ANOTHER skin for Superman, and not even one that fits in the lore. That would just be lame. These guys really need to start equally distributing costumers and not focusing on just Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman and Flash.

gammabolt17 said on July 1, 2013 at 11:45 a.m.

I see NRS bout to make dat money this tuesday lol spread your cheeks folks.

gammabolt17 said on July 1, 2013 at 11:50 a.m.

I would love Livewire and Barda, but please, we won't get nann one.

Madmax77 said on July 1, 2013 at 11:51 a.m.

from the movie ? are you serious ? Superman looks much much better in the movie !!!

MugenLord said on July 1, 2013 at 12:03 p.m.

Is it me or does Wonder Woman finally look hot for once in this game?

AveMcree said on July 1, 2013 at 12:35 p.m.

So much about costumes ... Get a life and dont buy it if you don't
like it

DevilMaySpy said on July 1, 2013 at 12:37 p.m.

These new 52 packs are awesome, especially Flash and Hawkgirl's costumes.

rongames91 said on July 1, 2013 at 12:39 p.m.

Releasing MoS Zod as a compatibility skin makes no sense lol. The whole point of a compatibility skin is to encourage people who don't have the DLC character to download it.

StuntmanJames said on July 1, 2013 at 1:41 p.m.

I think its funny how the majority of people on here think they are "professionals" and bitch and complain about things involving this game. No one cares about your negative opinions. When you guys start making video games then maybe your opinion will matter. But like #40 said, if ya dont like it then dont buy it. I enjoy it alot and am looking forward to whatever else they bring out.

ahzman350 said on July 1, 2013 at 1:44 p.m.

Seriously ppl how the hell does releasing skins & dlc make NRS money hungry? Many things need to be considered when a game launches & many devs arent able to get all the content in at launch. Not only tht but having new dlc to look forward to keeps ppl hype & coming back for more. I understand Batman & Superman get alot of attention but these skins 4 them releasing this week r old the exception being Man of Steel but really who else has a big movie for DC besides Batman & Superman? They are the two biggest DC Heroes & also highly played so they're gonna market them more just like DC always has. I play Nightwing & I only have 3 skins but Im not complaining why? because NRS has plenty more skins to release & everyone will get their skins (Hawkgirl gets 2 in one release week!). & Those who feel strongly against speak with your wallet by not buying them not ranting but still buying becuz you cant help yourself. & To not drag on I would like to say DLC Characters r great they add new gameplay & give more fans who they want. Id rather pay extra 4 Martian Manhunter than not have him in at all

Spiral0Architect said on July 1, 2013 at 1:47 p.m.

Yes! The hawkgirl skins! :)

FlynnChop said on July 1, 2013 at 1:48 p.m.

As #1 said, there's some shady business going on with her face in that image. It's definitely touched up.

GameLink7 said on July 1, 2013 at 2:23 p.m.

I know it's been official but this just reiterates: They have no love for Killer Frost at all. No extra skins still on top of unneeded nerfs.

~GL

Redvision said on July 1, 2013 at 2:29 p.m.

I'm sure we will get a killer frost skin soon, They just gave us a hawkgirl skin so id like to believe they wont forget about her.

Jalenp69 said on July 1, 2013 at 2:59 p.m.

@4 I have to say, that's probably the dumbest thing I've heard someone say about this game. I didn't know people actually take time to just watch their character's faces while they're playing.

AAKVA said on July 1, 2013 at 3:24 p.m.

#16 What extras does the GOTY version usually have that would make it better?

Kijui said on July 1, 2013 at 3:35 p.m.

Wait.... Hawkgirl is getting TWO new costumes?! YES, YES, YES! This is Delicious!

RonaldRogan said on July 1, 2013 at 3:57 p.m.

@42... I'm not disagreeing with you, but you're disagreeing with your own logic.

Having MoS Zod as a compatibility skin would encourage ppl to download Zod... you know... b/c they'd already have a free skin for him...

HMMMM.

Could also be Flaming C.

RonaldRogan said on July 1, 2013 at 4:02 p.m.

AH. Flaming C confirmed as compatibility skin?

Dbreezy229 said on July 1, 2013 at 5:01 p.m.

Lmao at people saying NetherRealm made Wonder Woman's face look better in that New 52 pack picture. Truth is ALL of Wonder Woman's concept art pictures make her look very attractive. Just check out her Red Son concept art picture

MentalFloss said on July 1, 2013 at 5:50 p.m.

I just wanna know why all these heroes and villians go to the same carbon-fiber suit store.

TheTHCGamer said on July 1, 2013 at 6:27 p.m.

@50 Usually all the DLC that was released for a game including all the DLC characters. If you get the game now you get access to everything that's available now but to make sure to get the most out of sales a GOTY version will be released most likely at a lower price point (probably 39.99) with most likely all the DLC.

Your going to of course have people saying theres no way there going to give away all the DLC in a GOTY version but I wouldn't be surprised if they did because its great advertising. Who would pass on a game that they were semi interested when the game advertises all the DLC will be included. The people saying it wont happen are the same people that are going to be mad when it does happen.

I say if you can wait get the game of the year edition which will most likely get released.

JesseRobles said on July 1, 2013 at 7:02 p.m.

Didn't expect an Earth 2 costume pack! I love Jay Garrick, and even though I don't use Flash I'm tempted to get that skin. <3

Razberryclownsac said on July 1, 2013 at 9:30 p.m.

@35 I hear ya, there are too many for them. But that Flaming C alt is too good not to have. If only it had Conans voice, which as far as I know, it doesn't.

NeoGriot said on July 1, 2013 at 9:37 p.m.

D@mn...Can I just get one Black Adam alt?

KiD_LupE said on July 1, 2013 at 10:23 p.m.

Damn, I dont want ANY of these. Still waiting for the DLC characters to get alt costumes. Mainly Babs. New Catwoman would be nice as well

ya_boy said on July 2, 2013 at 12:22 a.m.

NRS has probably just officially made themselves worse than Capcom when it comes to costumes and DLC.

DangerousBacon said on July 2, 2013 at 6:16 a.m.

@ 61, I don't understand, care to explain?

Free skin is classic Ares.

Ep1cUser said on July 2, 2013 at 5:36 p.m.

Has anyone looked at the model of New 52 Wonder Woman, (or any skin other then Regime and #600)?? TOTAL granny-ass and granny-chest. Why can't she have boobies like her Regime skin with the other outfits??

It looks like her chest was welded together on the Default skin. Looks nothing like the New 52 i'm so familiar with. I mean come on, WW is supposed to be sexy! Killer Frost Regime looks better...
Anyone else feel the same?

Ep1cUser said on July 2, 2013 at 5:51 p.m.

And does anybody care that DLC characters can NOT be viewed in the archives?? I mean c'mon .. what's up with that? Is it really THAT hard to add? There is plenty of room for 4 more characters...