Street Fighter X Tekken character guides by the EventHubs community

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • January 31, 2013 at 11:12 a.m. PST
Street Fighter X Tekken character guides by the EventHubs community If you haven't hit up the Street Fighter X Tekken section of the EventHubs forums looking for information, you're missing out, as a number of readers have been providing a lot of great content on how to play specific characters — from combos to general strategies, and quite a lot more. While many of these haven't been updated for v2013, much of the information is still relevant to the current game, and you can always compare what's here with the current list of changes.

If you're new to the game, you should read FatMus2's beginner's guide as it walks you through all of the system mechanics and basic information you should know. Here are links to specific character threads with solid information.

Street Fighter characters

Marduk guide by Snipe
Ogre guide by ChipsLight
Paul guide by TheTaiwanNinja
Raven guide by CR33Dx
Xiaoyu guide by Keyblade
Yoshimitsu guide by FatMus2

There's quite a bit more SFxT content as well, so hit this link to find additional details.

Comments

SeriphAngel said on January 31, 2013 at 11:20 a.m.

How would I go about making a guide? I would really like to see if I can get one posted for Nina.

Kevin said on January 31, 2013 at 11:20 a.m.

Jin is mah boy, but I feel he's way too safe on most his strings. Lili and Asuka on the other hand are both sexy and perfectly balanced. Ogre is cool too. Rest of the cast is whatever.

Catalyst said on January 31, 2013 at 11:22 a.m.

@SeriphAngel

Register for an account on the forums (if you don't have one already) and go to the character's section and make a new post with your guide's contents. Should be pretty straight forward. Hope this helps.

Astro_Notch said on January 31, 2013 at 11:25 a.m.

@1 Yes please do this, I just picked Nina up and she's great, but a guide would definitely speed up my learning process.

flairinmike said on January 31, 2013 at 11:37 a.m.

Aren't a lot of these heavily out of date now though?

Evilhero said on January 31, 2013 at 11:42 a.m.

Looking forward to seeing what you put up, I've been maining Nina day 1 and she is a power house. She's definitely slept on.

SeriphAngel said on January 31, 2013 at 11:43 a.m.

I hope I do this right I will post it in the character specific section correction...*sigh* here I go. I will post back the link when it is complete.

Snipeclips said on January 31, 2013 at 11:44 a.m.

Thanks Cat for the recognition, but if only I have known of this a bit earlier I would have updated it lol.

Ah well I'll just do it right now.

VulcanHades said on January 31, 2013 at 11:54 a.m.

Most of these were written with day 1 knowledge and vanilla frame data so they are pretty out dated.

SeMi_AuTo said on January 31, 2013 at 11:54 a.m.

I don't see Ms. Kazama on this list lol......

HatlessFool said on January 31, 2013 at 11:56 a.m.

Whoops, forgot to filter SFxT.

Superman said on January 31, 2013 at 12:13 p.m.

dude wtf?! where is my ryu/ken guide?

Superman said on January 31, 2013 at 12:14 p.m.

lol @#11

FatMus2 said on January 31, 2013 at 12:17 p.m.

@9 I actually wrote a new guide well after putting in a number of hours in the game. All I need to do now is get ny hands on 2013 next month and I'll update it with new changes and other stuff. Sorry to the few of you who actually use Heihachi and have to wait a little while for a guide.

ChipsLight said on January 31, 2013 at 12:18 p.m.

Oooh, my guides are here.
I feel.
SPECIAL. :>

Gemakai said on January 31, 2013 at 12:22 p.m.

Catalyst - You might want to update your links to the forums as it seems they allow anyone who clicks them to access the forums as you.

Catalyst said on January 31, 2013 at 12:26 p.m.

While most of the guides were written pre v2013, keep in mind that tweaks typically didn't completely overhaul how a character plays. A lot of the stuff that was valid before v2013 is still valid now, but you can check out the change list (linked in the story) and compare that to the guides here and come to your own conclusions.

I've been reading over a number of these guides myself and I've found them quite helpful still.

YoraiDragon said on January 31, 2013 at 12:30 p.m.

That is true Catalyst, but there are some good significant changes done to some characters. Paul (he got too much) and Yoshimitsu improved quite a bit. Characters like Ibuki was probably stabbed to death on a who to nerf paper at the Capcom character tweaking office. Freebuki needs to be fixed, I haven't played v2013 long enough to see the other chars (well of course Asuka got some great buffs) because I am quite disappointed atm lol.

Guides just need a lil bit of "tweaking" naaah mean :)

mai_k_4_life said on January 31, 2013 at 12:49 p.m.

Hey Eventhubs,

I wonder if you guys are able to track down a set of updated frame data for each character as of SFXT2013? I think it would really help the FGC from playing this game instead of trial and error.

Let me know please because I only have the old frame data that's obviously out of date and doesn't include the DLC characters

SeriphAngel said on January 31, 2013 at 1:29 p.m.

I have uploaded the character guide...it is my first one I hope you all approve of it. I saw the awesome extra things and emote. I may update it and make it more fancy in the future, ohohohoh.

Here is the link

JoeLewis said on January 31, 2013 at 1:33 p.m.

Im going to be making a Jack-X guide with hold back to block. Look out for that guys!

SeriphAngel said on January 31, 2013 at 1:35 p.m.

Ehehehe might need to do more to mine. Looking at others and woo there is so much on them. This might require more work for a beautiful guide than realized. *prepared self*

xxMarshy said on January 31, 2013 at 2:02 p.m.

My Zangief and Bob guides don't have the correct frame data, but most everything on them should still work, I don't have any plans of updating those two guides, but I will be making a Lars v2013 guide, hopefully that can help some people who are interested in playing the coolest fighting game character ever.

BlankaBeast said on January 31, 2013 at 2:03 p.m.

Frame data needs updating for 2013! Thanks

Skye said on January 31, 2013 at 3:13 p.m.

I plan to update my Vega guide in the near future and create a guide for Alisa too.

katytaylor323 said on January 31, 2013 at 6:23 p.m.

BlackReaper201 said on January 31, 2013 at 7:16 p.m.

Lol @ that Chun-Li guide. GODLIKE!!!

SeriphAngel said on January 31, 2013 at 8:04 p.m.

Besides frame data I believe my guide for Nina is as complete as it can be at this time.

Here is the updated Link: http://forums.eventhubs.com/viewtopic...

Enjoy

iushdfiu said on February 1, 2013 at 4:24 a.m.