Pandora mechanics, Paul combo video, King and Dudley synergy and more Street Fighter X Tekken v2013 roundup

Posted by SFilp • January 31, 2013 at 8:59 p.m. PST
With the official release of Street Fighter X Tekken v2013 yesterday, we've received some great news tips about various videos for the game.

TheSouldOfBasement has put together a really nice video showing off the new mechanics of Pandora in Street Fighter X Tekken v2013.

The changes allow for more punishes and tech when used against certain mechanics.

Hit the jump to see more.

TFA|SynKyller has created a great video showing off the synergy between King and Dudley using various combos to show how well they work together.

Kronik posted a short multi-character combo video featuring Guy, Asuka, Nina and Alisa.

VIP2Gaming has done a really good video showing off a ton of combos for Paul Phoenix. This is annotated to show all of the inputs if you're looking to learn combos with the damage also noted.

Comments

Boogityboy said on January 31, 2013 at 9:11 p.m.

FightDirty said on January 31, 2013 at 9:21 p.m.

That's nice and all but .... it doesn't change the fact that if you fail to KO your opponent within ten seconds you automatically lose. That's why Pandora isn't used much and likely never will.

I've ever activated Pandora, not even by accident.

I rarely see other fighters use Pandora.

Hell, even when I'm beating on the CPU the computer has NEVER activated Pandora to try to make a comeback. What does it say when even the CPU won't use it? I guess even a computer can tell when a mechanic is pointless. I'd rather attempt a Cross Assault than Pandora any day.

MahvelBaby said on January 31, 2013 at 9:38 p.m.

Paul Phoenix the ultimate in Mayonaka now?

riceface said on January 31, 2013 at 9:57 p.m.

@ fightdirty

Hes doing the combo when he has full life and still took away 70% life, are you blind? in a real game they wouldn't have full life and would easily kill.. and this is 2013 people will use it

skemar007 said on January 31, 2013 at 10:09 p.m.

Pandora deffo looks like it will have more use in v2013

MechaHeretic said on January 31, 2013 at 10:12 p.m.

Any PC modder make a Duke Nukem skin for Paul yet? Make it happen, guys.

Zentsurugi said on January 31, 2013 at 10:39 p.m.

How about that soundtrack from the Dudley/King team video?

bagel_bytez said on January 31, 2013 at 10:40 p.m.

If ssf4 is spring break, then sfxt is definitely girls gone wild lol.
But seriously, I was playing law before he was cool lol

DivinePhoenix69 said on January 31, 2013 at 10:42 p.m.

That Paul combo vid was pretty sick. Also Dat Persona and Tekken 2 music tho!

chipndip said on January 31, 2013 at 10:58 p.m.

Ok, I'ma have to start practicing Pandora set ups.

JusticeSoulTuna said on February 1, 2013 at 12:17 a.m.

Wow, Eventhubs actually posted my video. My youtube name is 'TheSoulOfBasement15' by the way, but everybody knows me by JusticeSoulTuna. I was wondering where all these views and comments were coming from. Glad to see this video is helping people out =]

JusticeSoulTuna said on February 1, 2013 at 12:26 a.m.

Also, if you wanna see some truly shocking Pandora damage (as well as learn some set-ups and possibilities) check out the video featured on my channel: SFxT 2013 'A New Curse'. Any doubts about Pandora now should surely be addressed, hehe. Similarly check out the Pandora Tech Finding Thread on SRK for a link to a new playlist showing several different examples so far, including my videos and a couple others. You can also find the playlist on my channel.

Sasuga said on February 1, 2013 at 12:48 a.m.

Props to everyone making these vids. And props to Capcom for releasing this patch.

This feels like an entirely different game now. At the start of a new matchup, I just don't know what to expect. I fought a Raven yesterday; I didn't know how to approach the matchup anymore. So Yay and Boo, haha.

FightDirty said on February 1, 2013 at 12:55 a.m.

The minute you go into Pandora with a real opponent they will just play keep away for ten seconds for a guaranteed win. So you had better trap them in a corner and/or activate Pandora after a hit confirm to ensure those links. No doubt that is the idea.

IMO the risk still outweighs the potential reward. I think there are better ways to win a round but with the changes still very new maybe I'll change my mind.

JusticeSoulTuna said on February 1, 2013 at 1:20 a.m.

FightDirty; have you actually watched any Pandora videos? like at all? Did you watch my tutorial above? Those are combos and set-ups, pretty sure no one can 'run away' from that, and if you check the playlist there's even better examples. Also, as for "no one ever using it" it was use A WHOLE lot even before 2013, if you check the tech finding thread and look at the 2012 archive you'll not only see a myriad of examples you'll also see it happening in matches. Finally, what's happening both now and happened way back in vanilla was it being used in matches. A couple people and I proved that it has been viable in vanilla (the Limits of Power Pandora collab definitely shows this) but all you'd have to do is spend some time watching ssf4evo's SFxT videos to see people using Pandora pretty often. It's ok to not know something, but you can't go spouting absolutes without doing some research first or even bothering to consider said mechanic you're putting down. Trust me, (me specifically I've been on this Pandora hype for months) Pandora is useful altogether, and let's just say that now in 2013 you'd be shocked how good it is

Mochawhitey said on February 1, 2013 at 3:18 a.m.

Fight dirty.....you obviously have no idea what you are talking about

sarif2soon said on February 1, 2013 at 3:55 a.m.

COUNTER HIT COMBO'S WHAT???!?
this is the first time i notice that this game doesn't have stun in it. now that i think about it, mahvel doesn't have stun aswell.

Scourge739 said on February 1, 2013 at 4:21 a.m.

I guess I have a lot more to learn about Pandora. Hmmmm....

iushdfiu said on February 1, 2013 at 4:22 a.m.

Sasuga said on February 1, 2013 at 4:24 a.m.

Pandora is OP now.

Wolfz said on February 1, 2013 at 4:55 a.m.

What the hell were those 700+ damage combos with Pandora? Damn, I'd like to have console.

BlazinKoolBreez said on February 1, 2013 at 6 a.m.

5* to that Paul vid for the first tune
DAS MY SH!T

wBENDERw said on February 1, 2013 at 6:41 a.m.

#2 playing the computer you just need to trip or j.hk to finish the game, there's never a need for advanced tactics against cpu

I like that pandora is more of an OP for a comeback

brings the hype!!!

good sh(i)t: JusticeSoulTuna!!!

bunny said on February 1, 2013 at 7:46 a.m.

this all seems well and good but i get nothing but lag when online all of those links would be so impossible any one else underwater every time they play? its worse than kof13

Scourge739 said on February 1, 2013 at 8:57 a.m.

I think that it could just be you. The matches I play never lag, at all.
and it's not just my friends that I play, but when I play with others the connection is fine.

gtfopanda said on February 1, 2013 at 9:24 a.m.

@ #25

Now, try doing that on PC lol.

FightDirty said on February 1, 2013 at 9:27 a.m.

I just say that I've never felt the need to use Pandora to eeck out a win. When I get beat then so be it but not by using the Panda juice.

As far as absolutes; the fact is that I have never used Panda juice so far, maybe that will change who knows. Come on, Panda juice isn't X factor and it hasn't been used very often, I' m not saying people never use it but not so often. Since it has been beefed up and improved a bit perhaps that will change but you can't tell me that, rightly or wrongly, Panda juice has been avoided as a comeback/finishing tool.

Watching the vids has made me a little interested in testing Panda juice out, but just a little.

VegaBisonAbel said on February 1, 2013 at 9:43 a.m.

I think these combo into pandora thing is not really practical, it's already so easy to do 400-500 damage anyway, but hey if you think you can hit pandora combos 100% of the time then props to you.

The only tech i've found for pandora before(dunno if it's still the same in 2013) is that it seems to have invincibility on activation.
I tried it as a punish with chain combos that had gaps in between them like heihachis f.LP~MP or f.LP~LP. I noticed that the second hit didn't hit the incoming pandora character.

It'll be as a punish for things that can't be punished that pandora will really shine

JusticeSoulTuna said on February 1, 2013 at 9:55 a.m.

'Panda juice' haha. Well glad to see you're at least willing to give it a chance =] Watch all of the videos when you can and keep a close eye on the Pandora thread. It's not gonna be this one-size fits all comeback mechanic or anything, but it's certainly a very powerful tool when implemented well. I do recommend going to the lab to at least figure out some Pandora tech for your team(s). Trust me, you may not use it consistently, but the time will come when it might just be useful ;)

dubbmobile said on February 1, 2013 at 10:05 a.m.

I think pandora will shine as an option for when a player is out of resources and down on life. For the most part I don't think people are gonna randomly activate it without comboing into it first once more tech is discovered,so people aren't gonna be able to run away from that. And since Pandora only requires that your life be down to 25% as an activation requirement, its less about activating it whenever in a match and more of an ace up my sleeve strategy. Sure there are plenty of other ways to deal that much damage but a lot of those require an abundance of meter right? If your in a match and are severely down on life and lacking meter, Pandora instantly gives you full bar and a damage boost. I don't think this is the new X-factor but its definitely something that players should be looking into.

TwoCoins said on February 1, 2013 at 11:10 a.m.

Pandora is not a comeback tool it's a finishing tool to get that extra finish for an opponent. You combo into it, and you get meter when u have none otherwise you would of needed for that big combo. how can you not see any practicality in that? If you're too noob to see it then that's you.

learis1 said on February 1, 2013 at 12:11 p.m.

that king dudley video is retarded. Good job showing how to make flashy waste-of-meter combos.

gtfopanda said on February 1, 2013 at 2:49 p.m.

@ #31

It was a finishing tool in vanilla too and nobody used it.

So yeah, even pros are a bunch of scrubs.

massi4h said on February 1, 2013 at 3:05 p.m.

Sadly I can kind of agree with #33. When I used to play vanilla I had week 1 combos with Ryu/Rufus that did 600-800 damage with pandora off of a buffered OS with 1 bar. It's essentially a free kill. The same combos are possible now, they just do less damage but are easier to perform.

JusticeSoulTuna said on February 1, 2013 at 3:19 p.m.

@33 and 34- freaking word. Anybody who knows me in general knows how much I support and promoted original Pandora, and tried so hard to prove it was viable. It's nice it's been buffed and made easier, but it burns me to hear people say that 'Pandora wasn't useful' >_> However there's a whole playlist of videos that says otherwise so I aint got nothing to prove => I am however happy that people are liking Pandora even now

Super_Honda said on February 1, 2013 at 3:50 p.m.

About 2 months ago, I've sent Eventhubs a tip about a Pandora video that's made by you. But for some reason, they didn't actually posted that video onto this website. Then, sometime later, there's an article of Justin Wong saying that pandora is not good and even Mike Ross was saying the similar thing as well. They did say that SFxT v2013 is very good, though. Anyway, the potential of Pandora was already there in the vanilla SFxT but not many players explored that potential. It's a shame since 'Pro' players would generally explore the game in detail. Anyway, at least it's good to see players exploring the uses of Pandora. Too bad I can't play the latest version of SFxT because my PS3 has suffered from YLOD.

JusticeSoulTuna said on February 1, 2013 at 3:56 p.m.

Hmph...what's funny is I sent in the collab to event hubs and they ignored it, and I was SEETHING when they posted that article about Justin Wong and Pandora. It was so annoying mainly cause SRK posted my video and alot of people saw that Vanilla Pandora was viable. That's why I'm pleasantly surprised that event hubs posted the video here, admittedly Pandora is much better. But I wish back then event hubs had paid attention to my collab

Guile4Life said on February 1, 2013 at 5 p.m.

If the person your fighting has half health and is being aggressive pandora is a great counter. Was playing with my cousin last night and we were using pandora allot its

Guile4Life said on February 1, 2013 at 5:01 p.m.

@8 law was always good

Guile4Life said on February 1, 2013 at 5:04 p.m.

Half u people don't know what your talking about and think u know fighting games. Stop putting up dumb opinions on stuff u know nothing about pandora is gonna be berry strong

Guile4Life said on February 1, 2013 at 5:06 p.m.

And if your lagging online don't use wireless u get lag and if people are using the web while your playing u will get lag

jdsfweg said on February 1, 2013 at 6:22 p.m.

mrambitious said on February 2, 2013 at 12:04 a.m.

Watched the whole paul video not because I use him or want to learn him, solely because of the Persona music lol guessing the dude who made it has P4G on vita like myself