Capcom hosting official Street Fighter X Tekken Community Event featuring tournament, casual setups and more

Posted by SFilp • January 31, 2013 at 1:27 p.m. PST
Capcom is hosting an official Street Fighter X Tekken Community Event coming on February 6, 2013.

This will be a tournament for the hardcore players and will feature casual setups for those who want to hang out and socialize. They will be providing pizza and drinks for everyone at the event, while also giving away various goodies from Mad Catz and Diamond Select Toys.

Additionally, this event will be streamed on the CapcomFighters TwitchTV channel.

Where: Capcom Offices, 800 Concar Dr, 1st floor. San Mateo, CA 94402

When: 7pm-9:30pm on Wednesday, February 6th, 2013.

Who: You! Interested participants must RSVP with me [Combofiend] directly by sending me a message here on Capcom Unity with your first and last name as we are capping the event at 70 people. Make sure to list your additional guest as well. I must emphasize that if you do not RSVP, you will not be allowed into the event and that I will send you confirmation PM. The deadline is Tuesday 2/5 by 6pm.

Additional notes:
Please understand that this is a place of business. With that being said, try to show up after business hours, ideally after 6pm. The closer to 7pm the better.
Please be respectful and clean up after yourself. You would not want us to trash your place, so don't trash ours.
Please bring your own joystick/fight pad to ensure maximum enjoyment. We will be providing standard Xbox 360 controllers/ PS3 and a few sticks.
RSVP!!
Most importantly, have fun!!

For more information or to RSVP head over to Capcom-Unity.

Comments

LordJim said on January 31, 2013 at 1:31 p.m.

I did miss the regular fight clubs they had

Chrisuchiwa said on January 31, 2013 at 1:33 p.m.

If only...... .... blessed are californian people.

PLAYING_TO_W1N said on January 31, 2013 at 1:35 p.m.

wow... what a surprise. another capcom event on the west coast.

Crazcar said on January 31, 2013 at 1:38 p.m.

Not that blessed, it's a long trip from Socal to Norcal. Doesn't help that I got school, otherwise I may bring a friend on a road trip.

@3 Capcom HQ is in Norcal and this is just a mini socializing event inside their building, you can hardly call it a "Capcom event".

OT: Why is it always pizza? >.>

CyberAthlete said on January 31, 2013 at 1:50 p.m.

I hate California...and everyone likes pizza especially FREE PIZZA

fgclolz said on January 31, 2013 at 2:01 p.m.

"Capcom is hosing an official Street Fighter X Tekken Community Event..." #kappa!

Scourge739 said on January 31, 2013 at 2:11 p.m.

Capcom Hosting a sfxt event...
WITH >FREE< PIZZA! :D

Aether9000 said on January 31, 2013 at 2:19 p.m.

What's wrong with Cali?

KissofPoison said on January 31, 2013 at 2:45 p.m.

Yet again on one of the coasts. F-ing Capcom and the FGC yet again showing their minimalistic views by yet again hosting something something on one of the coasts....

I wouldn't mind if it was in Chicago, or St. Louis, or Des Moines even. Why in the hell does it yet again have to take place some 2000 miles away.... >_> Are they really this incompetent.

Aluppoj said on January 31, 2013 at 3:35 p.m.

OMG STFU YOU IDIOT!

paralyzing said on January 31, 2013 at 3:46 p.m.

Can't wait, I live in San Mateo too. See you guys there!

DustinFong said on January 31, 2013 at 3:55 p.m.

Yo, Capcom. The community wants Cross Assault 2! Even with the issues last time, it was still pretty memorable. Plunk down some cash to get the SFxT hype out there now that the game isn't half bad!

paralyzing said on January 31, 2013 at 4:05 p.m.

- The Capcom HQ is located in San Mateo
- Combofiend lives in the San Mateo region
- Less than a week notice before the small event starts
- NorCal FGC scene is pretty damn big

Come on man, do the math..

Scourge739 said on January 31, 2013 at 4:07 p.m.

@Aluppoj
Is kissofpoison a not so cool person?
I'm still kinda new around here.

skitz0phrenic said on January 31, 2013 at 4:25 p.m.

I love how Capcom is opening up to the community and doing stuff like this for free and people still find ways to complain.

I live in fvcking Maine. I have literally no chance of something like this ever happening anywhere near me and people are complaining that they have to drive upstate for this.

What a terrible community.

On another note, great job Capcom showing that SF25th wasn't a one time thing and showing that they're willing to keep giving to the community in the future.

chowdizzle said on January 31, 2013 at 5:20 p.m.

@11 Haha yeah me too, I'm only a few miles from San Mateo. Currently I live around San Carlos. Did you already get a confirm from Peter?

Aluppoj said on January 31, 2013 at 5:48 p.m.

I'm guessing he's a "not so good person" because he b!tches like a loser when Capcom does cool stuff to support the community that supports them.

@9 continued

I live in Michigan. No fight clubs over here. EVER!

But, somehow, someway, I find it within myself to be happy for the people who can attend. And I can tell when the company is doing cool stuff for people.

(Btw, they just hosted a series of FREE tournaments in various states! How many did you travel to? Then they flew fighters for FREE to brazil to compete in another goodwill tournament!)

Furthermore, if its that important that'd you'd come on here berating them, move to California so you can be part of the community you so desperately want to be a part of.

Sorry, this Gimmie, Gimmie, Gimmie attitude that persists in *Todays FGS* sickens me.

Boogityboy said on January 31, 2013 at 6:02 p.m.

Aluppoj said on January 31, 2013 at 6:20 p.m.

Lol, was that a crack at the DLC?

Go cry to KOF and MK9 for $5.00 PER CHARACTER and busted A$$ compatibility patches:)

That's right. White Knight in the house.

katytaylor323 said on January 31, 2013 at 6:22 p.m.

chipndip said on January 31, 2013 at 6:32 p.m.

I heard about the compatibility patches not working out. It kind of makes me think twice about the whole thing. Conceptually, it sucks. But if compatibility patches don't even work, then I'd actually rather have on-disc dlc at a good price than laggy ass bonus chars developed later (truly) at a bad price. I mean, a lot of people like those 12 chars. How many insufferable matches would I have to wade through?

But this isn't about that. I'd never make it there, but they better stream that shiz.

ChenNekomata said on February 1, 2013 at 12:51 a.m.

I live in Russia. No fight clubs in the entire country. The biggest country on the planet doesn't have at least one fight club. I hope that i'm wrong.

iushdfiu said on February 1, 2013 at 4:24 a.m.