Street Fighter X Tekken v2013 change videos featuring Yoshimitsu, Xiaoyu, Lei, Blanka and Abel

Posted by SFilp • January 30, 2013 at 3:36 p.m. PST
CapcomFightersTV has uploaded the latest batch of Street Fighter X Tekken v2013 change videos. Featured here are Yoshimitsu, Xiaoyu, Lei, Blanka and Abel

If you missed any of the changes in v2013, check them out below.

Comments

putozeros said on January 30, 2013 at 3:40 p.m.

Blanka is still useless

lordrockman said on January 30, 2013 at 3:42 p.m.

so you are useless?

Asian_Dragon11 said on January 30, 2013 at 3:46 p.m.

Wow didn't knew that Xiaoyu's j.mp crosses up now nice!

HyperViperNZ said on January 30, 2013 at 3:48 p.m.

I've always pronounced Abel as the word "able" I didn't know his name was pronounced "Ah-bull".

Scourge739 said on January 30, 2013 at 3:52 p.m.

Them yoshimitsu buffs. He need them so kudos to you yoshimitsu players :P

tidestick said on January 30, 2013 at 3:53 p.m.

Xia really needed them buffs.

Landshark said on January 30, 2013 at 4 p.m.

Actually Hyper, Ah-bull is the japanese (eastern) pronunciation of the name, since in japanese "A" always makes an "AH" sound.

joelBOWL said on January 30, 2013 at 4:06 p.m.

Able should only be pronounced "Ah-bull" by people whose regional accents don't allow then to pronounce it properly.

Dawgtanian sounds like a gorp pronouncing it that way, nobody else in the UK says "Ah-bull", and neither does the announcer in SF games.

HyperViperNZ said on January 30, 2013 at 4:27 p.m.

Only in vanilla SF4 did they pronounce Abel as "Ah-bull". After that they started to pronounce him as "Abel" in SSF4. "Ah-bull" sounds really weird.

AUE7 said on January 30, 2013 at 4:28 p.m.

so is yoshimitsu's ex suicide invincible to throw, hits, and projectiles??

sfxtxwasteoftime said on January 30, 2013 at 4:33 p.m.

Dutchling said on January 30, 2013 at 4:44 p.m.

With those Yoshi buffs, I'll be feelin' myself more often.

Jaxon76 said on January 30, 2013 at 4:56 p.m.

If SFTX is such a waste of time, why do you spend so much of your own time posting about it?

xxMarshy said on January 30, 2013 at 5 p.m.

You guys know it is pronounced Ah-Bell right? He is French.

yaranaika said on January 30, 2013 at 5:25 p.m.

You know that he's revolvingsun right? Trolling apparently makes him feel less lonely.

ScrubStep said on January 30, 2013 at 5:36 p.m.

Dang, i think im gonna pick up Abel as one of my secondaries, paired with either Nina or Lars. That wheel kick buff is awesome.

Rising_Jaguar said on January 30, 2013 at 5:41 p.m.

i pronounce abel as ah-bell.
and sagat, as sagit. LOL. :D

yoshi buffs!~ still see none of em online but me!
but i'm ok with that cause i kick ass with him ^^

Kaizy said on January 30, 2013 at 5:46 p.m.

Was really hoping the cyanide change to Xiao had been removed.

>_<

cris25 said on January 30, 2013 at 5:59 p.m.

Oh great, make Blanka's damage worse. His electricity is crap, his normals are crap, his wallbounce is useless in the corner. Capcom should have used another character instead of nullifying him.

HyperViperNZ said on January 30, 2013 at 8:34 p.m.

He's French but it's not a French name. The pronunciation of it changes depending on your native tongue. When used in the states and other english speaking countries it's pronounced "Able" but in other countries such as Spain, France and Japan it's pronounced "Ah-Bel". The name is of Hebrew origins.

Tectondrio said on January 30, 2013 at 8:50 p.m.

Those Yoshi buffs...YEEEEAAAAASSSSS

Seeing his Suicide special pulled off in various scenarios will prove interesting give the buffs received. Gonna have to try and practice it myself

Kuya117 said on January 30, 2013 at 9:42 p.m.

"Able," "Ah-Bull," "Ah-Bell"... doesn't matter, they all sound fine. It's not as bad as hearing people call Ryu "Ree-you" "RAI-YOU." I don't know; maybe that's just me but it really irritates me when I hear Ryu pronounced RAI-YOU.

dfgergerhcxv said on January 31, 2013 at 3:36 a.m.

MarthFE said on January 31, 2013 at 3:41 a.m.

Hearing rai-you makes me wanna murder something... Ryu is pronounced exactly as its spelled... However, living in North America, I'm not gonna adjust the way I say it just because its pronounced a specific way in Japan.

Ree-you works fine (or close enough). just as if my name were for example, Michael, we know how it's said. Most Japanese would pronounce it differently, possibly even going by their own way and calling it Mikeru. Also taking note that the letter L doesn't really "exist" in their vocabulary.

I'll assume people say "rai-you" because rye is an actual word, it is something. So taking what they know in our language and see more commonly in English grammar and such, they would assume its pronounced similar.

"Ree" and "you" are two syllables where as "Ryu" is just one, its the two kinda slurred together. So technically "Ree-you" is still correct by English standards. No reason to get all weeaboo. "Rai you" is rage worthy though, just sounds terrible and so wrong.

As for Abel... I always say it like able, but since he's French it should be "ah-bill" or "ah-bell". At least I would think so

colossus said on January 31, 2013 at 4:21 a.m.

THEY LIE TO YOU! aHHHbel's cr.HP is NOT invincible against all air attacks! If I'm not mistaken I set a CPU Heihachi in training to perform j.HK and cr.HP lost to it numerous times.

FatMus2 said on January 31, 2013 at 5:25 a.m.

All this Yoshimitsu buffs, but they take away the fact that you can't combo suicide in juggles anymore :(. Those damage buffs would've been very strong in juggles, it's a shame you can't really capitalise on it. Still, EX as a combo starter is incredibly strong, for 2 meters you can do more damage than a Cross Art.

BlankaBeast said on January 31, 2013 at 8:18 a.m.

People pronounce things how they learned it originally. Im not sure why everyone get all up in arms over pronunciation.

Rye-you and aybel is how I learned it so thats who they are to me. I'll say ree-you if I remember it but if not nbd.

sneakytoes said on January 31, 2013 at 3:45 p.m.

now I can switch back to yoshimitsu capcom yes, yes you can. I can see the gold following through my hands so many options.

KiD_LupE said on February 1, 2013 at 9:47 a.m.

I love the changes to this game, makes me want to try out even more characters now, Esp Yoshi, and I might pick Xiaoyu up again.... poor blanka lol