Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • January 30, 2013 at 3:44 p.m. PST
Most commented stories, filters and news areas for Injustice and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale added to EventHubs Following through on some of the requests we've heard from readers, we've added a few new areas and features to EventHubs. First off, we have a most commented section, which lists the most talked about stories over the last two weeks by our readers. You can find a new side bar on every page on EventHubs which lists the top 5 stories, for quick reference, and then a link below to see the whole shebang.

Also, we've added new sections for Injustice: Gods Among Us and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale so you can view the back log of past stories about each game.

This also enables the ability to filter out news about these titles, if you so wish, which can be accomplished by editing your profile.

We have some very exciting features will be rolling out in the relatively near future, including expansions to our Fight Tracker area, which we'll be announcing here on the front page when they're ready.

Shoutouts to TheUncharted, for once again making these things a reality.

Comments

Oroku_Saki said on January 30, 2013 at 3:12 p.m.

Awesome as usual, EventHubs. I wonder what's next in the upgrade timeline.

sfxtxwasteoftime said on January 30, 2013 at 3:12 p.m.

illness690 said on January 30, 2013 at 3:18 p.m.

DevilMaySpy said on January 30, 2013 at 3:37 p.m.

I just filtered out PS All Stars and this story disappeared from my main page feed.

Catalyst said on January 30, 2013 at 3:42 p.m.

@DevilMaySpy

Oops, just confirmed that bug, will have it fixed right away. Sorry about that.

Thanks for letting us know, though.

MMGboys said on January 30, 2013 at 3:45 p.m.

I dont give a phuck, I watch everything ya post and if I dont care about that mvc story or that ps all star article I just skip it myself

KissofPoison said on January 30, 2013 at 4:01 p.m.

I don't want some stupid thing about most commented. Where is the avoid pointless "pro players" interviews and random idiocies.

I like news and information pieces not random gossip like how players think they could have done better in a tournament.

Schwoi said on January 30, 2013 at 4:08 p.m.

finally I can hide PSAS news :D

Catalyst said on January 30, 2013 at 4:14 p.m.

@KissofPoison

The stories that are posted generally fall under the stuff 'people want to see' or 'what we think they want to see based on past history.'

We generally keep a close eye on how news items perform. The stories you mention generally resonate with our readers, and quite a few people check them out.

I can see this isn't your cup of tea, though. Unfortunately, I don't have a better solution for you besides "skip over that story," as creating anything else (a filtering system) at this time would be fairly extensive and take quite a bit of doing on our part. Still, definitely saw your feedback and will keep it in mind.

Catalyst said on January 30, 2013 at 4:14 p.m.

Also, the bug that DevilMaySpy mentioned has been fixed (or should be).

jtir123 said on January 30, 2013 at 4:24 p.m.

Great! Now we can lose the folks who click on an article to trash it-then say the game needs a news filter. Ideally they were serious about using those filters.

EnsignHiro said on January 30, 2013 at 4:26 p.m.

thank you! i was wondering when injustice would be added via filter option ( no offence as everyone has opinions). eventhubs you guys are awesome! are you guys ever gonna have your own streaming sessions per game almost like panda x gaming does with AE?

kara said on January 30, 2013 at 4:36 p.m.

zUkUu said on January 30, 2013 at 4:39 p.m.

@Catalyst

I'd love to see that the new "Most Commented"-Box would fit in style with the other two boxes at the right. So make it more width and add a blue. (maybe "Most commented Stories" as title and then "past 14 days" in the blue line; or "News | Comments"). that would look a lot more dope I'd assume. Also, the titles wouldn't be paragraphed into 5 lines.

Catalyst said on January 30, 2013 at 4:41 p.m.

@EnsignHiro

We generally try to innovate rather than covering the same ground other people are doing in the community. PandaXGaming, Peaceful Jay and many others provide great live stream content, so, in my personal opinion, there isn't a huge reason to go in there and try to re-invent the wheel.

We try and use our time and resources to bring new things to the table, and shine the spotlight on notable things the community is doing as well.

Not to say everything we do is 100% innovative and mind blowing, it's just the general direction we're aiming for. If someone else is already doing a good job, there isn't a huge reason for us to step into that territory.

Catalyst said on January 30, 2013 at 4:43 p.m.

@Kara

Comment improvements are definitely on our list, specifically replying and some other bells and whistles we've wanted to add for some time. Don't have an ETA on those yet, but it's something we plan on tackling in the future.

Strider_Hien said on January 30, 2013 at 4:53 p.m.

Is it so hard for people to just skip the news you don't want to see?

No....They've got to comment and spread hate.Illogical stuff....
#firstworldproblems,fools

Either way,thanks for the update Catalyst.

edrigo said on January 30, 2013 at 4:54 p.m.

I'd like to see a streamed tournament for scrubs or would be pro's. I love the website i personally don't care about the filters as i like tracking a games progress before i form an opinion also i just like news in general.

TrueGamingGuru said on January 30, 2013 at 5:19 p.m.

In my opinion (no hate intend), I belive this news filter thing is nothing but a childish thing, and plain narrow-minded.

Just because we see stuff that doesn't interest us, that doesn't even give people the right to spread hate to other games which this is the wrong way of gaming passion.

I belive people who uses news filters to certain games, is nothing but a child wanting to live in his/her dream world which doesn't exist. What people need to really do is to simply look away from certain topics, and not live like a lifeless troll. Like if I'm not interested into EVO, COD, or American media etc. I simply look away from it and handle things like a real adult.

I guess theres alot of things that these people need to learn to accept of how things work.

Liberator said on January 30, 2013 at 5:28 p.m.

...just about damn time...now i can finally filter and focus on what actually interests me, instead of having to go through hundreds of stupid and pointless weekly event updates, gameplay videos of titles released ten years ago and all that just because i'm looking forward upcoming games news, like Injustice!...

HatlessFool said on January 30, 2013 at 5:41 p.m.

Wasn't aware of this filter feature. Can finally filter out all of these crappy Capcom releases and focus on fun games.

Hypermarth said on January 30, 2013 at 6:20 p.m.

Yay, I can filter out injustice!

EvilRick said on January 30, 2013 at 6:47 p.m.

Finally, now maybe all the whiners who comment on Injustice videos only to cry out they're tired of seing Injustice news can shut the hell up and let us enjoy our videos & news at peace.

Snipeclips said on January 30, 2013 at 6:51 p.m.

The majority of them are in fact either children or has a mind like one and don't know jack sh*t these days. As if they have an incentive to go on topics and waste their time, but I don't care these days, it's the FGC.

And I agree, but there isn't a whole lot of news EH covers daily, so just checking them as they update almost hourly is fine by me.

Schwoi said on January 30, 2013 at 6:59 p.m.

I dont think you'd be a hating troll if you filter out all those games that dont interest you. I think it's very convinient, I visit eventhubs cause I like to hear about street fighter news. I would not visit eventhubs for PSAS or marvel news, so when there's a filter there is everything that interest me on one page. it's just that. moreover, if I dont see the stuff that doesnt interest me, than I'm not even tempted to write a dumb comment like "oh man! sh*t sucks! that's some boring a**-news! screw you eventhubs! I hate you and the games you like!"
and you say a mature adult looks away if he's not interested, isnt that filtering too? only it's not a website doing it for you? aint that equally "narrow minded"

Snipeclips said on January 30, 2013 at 8:14 p.m.

Ideally it's their problem for having the urge to post BS on topics they're not interested in. Even though it's a nice feature, I still think those people are being spoon fed without a doubt.

TrueGamingGuru said on January 30, 2013 at 8:39 p.m.

@24 Yeah, and its also the problem with the internet in general.
If I had control over the FGC, I'd make sure that trolls would have their access cut off including their internet and I would make sure that every fighter game get equal rights. It would be similar to the UK law against internet troll. Just saying

@25 The looking away if he/she is not interested without the news filter, is really how things should really go in the human nature.
Even if the news filter is the source of other peoples problem, but in reality they have to accept the way of things work including multiple news that they might not be interest. Its like saying that people must be put into cruel reality, give their lives despare, agony, and pain. The only way is overcome it, even involves altering your personality.

FightDirty said on January 30, 2013 at 9:17 p.m.

PSAS?
Injustice?

Filter?

Check.

Batsu said on January 30, 2013 at 10:07 p.m.

90% of the most talked about stories were all SFxT, yet the "FGC" is supposed to hate this game. How laughable.

Liberator said on January 30, 2013 at 11:50 p.m.

#27 ...what about the frustration of having to go through several pages just to find news regarding that ONE game you're interested in, huh? ...before that i had to go through several pages with, events info, weekly updates, tournaments and other stuff i'm not interested in just to find Injuustice news on like 3rd page! ...its ridiculous! ...Injustice and TekkenxSF (Namco's version) is the only reason i'm even staying here, so why the heck should i go through 3 pages of frystration just to find info on those two games?...tell me that!

DangerousBacon said on January 31, 2013 at 2:16 a.m.

Now I can finally filter out boring @ss AE and scrubby Marvel.

Schwoi said on January 31, 2013 at 2:35 a.m.

wow I think you're taking this far too deep.
i agree with you that hardships in life can help you evolve as a human being. but geez, this here is a news site for videogames O_o
see, I never went into a PSAS or injustice thread and said "this game sucks" and I never hated on anybody who likes this game. I just skip those news. then this website gives me the opportunity to filter those out, and I think cool, from now on every news I see will propably be interesting. and here I see you stating that using a filter is childish and narrow minded? omg!
I mean what would you do if eventhubs featured COD news, you would not filter them, just dont read them and than this would be a mature thing to do? I've done that until now, but now that I checked a filter I'm childish?
I get that you kinda want to educate haters and trolls, but the filter of a newssite is not the root of evil. it's the same thing with general videogames in public media. they say this kid played violent videogames and thus he went amok. it's not the games, there's something wrong way deeper, in the family, social environment.
news (filter) dont create trolls and haters. they already were and EH is just another valve.

dfgergerhcxv said on January 31, 2013 at 3:36 a.m.

gtfopanda said on January 31, 2013 at 6:58 a.m.

Good stuff EH.

The most commented stories box it's good, but I'd tweak a couple things:

1) The squared layout it's just... ugly. Everything in the EH layout has rounded edges, the 'most commented' box should be like that too. Also, stretch it to the right or simply center it, much better. Some bold+color to the number of comments too would also look good imo.

2) Consider making it 'most commented stories over last week', rather than 2 weeks: nobody is gonna care about about what happened 2 weeks ago, and there might also be newer updates and/or errata.

3) The banner you previously added for SFxT: can we have that for future releases too? Or was it some one time experiment?

TrueGamingGuru said on January 31, 2013 at 8:08 a.m.

@32 Even if the news filter exist, the only reason I called it childish and narrowminded is the concept itself in general. I'm not going to judge and say all that stuff at you or anyone eles. Besides I belive its way more important to welcome more games along with people expanding their mind and accepting more stuff. I'm not going to even say that the news filter is bad and its a problem, but I belive that there is alternate ways beside a news filter just saying.

@30 About the going through pages, theres also a search text box in the website you can also use, its says Follow & Search Eventhubs.
That is another alternative to find certain news.

MALDA_IS_BACK said on January 31, 2013 at 8:15 a.m.

We still going to have them Injustice haters on the article they know they will purchase the game in the end lol how sad

godfist314 said on January 31, 2013 at 12:55 p.m.

I do appreciate the filter for Injustice. Helps me find those articles faster.

ArykheartX said on January 31, 2013 at 3:55 p.m.

Honestly i dont think people were offering sugestions because every time id see it it was alwasy so when can i filter S#itty injustice and PSAS out of my news feed cry baby talk I hated seeing that crap because they cant just scroll further and ignore it... damn 09ers

Rainierman said on January 31, 2013 at 6:53 p.m.

Uhm, I must say I'm with #3. We need a DOA filter next.

But thanks for your efforts so far Eventhubs. Even though that didn't get addressed yet. I'm grateful anyways.