Between Rounds ep. 1 - Mike Ross is joined by Combofiend to discuss his Brazil trip, Street Fighter X Tekken and more

Posted by SFilp • January 30, 2013 at 2:04 p.m. PST
Mike Ross has a new show that just debuted today called Between Rounds. He will be joined by a special guest, they discuss what is going on in the community as of late and play a couple of games.

In the first episode, he's joined by Peter "Combofiend" Rosas to talk his exhibition matches in Brazil, Street Fighter X Tekken v2013 and then they play a set in the game.

Video from the IPL Fighters YouTube channel.

Comments

Aether9000 said on January 30, 2013 at 2:06 p.m.

?

BumblebeeCody said on January 30, 2013 at 2:09 p.m.

This was cringe-worthy yet funny to watch.

Atrkl said on January 30, 2013 at 2:09 p.m.

I did not hate this.

Chrisuchiwa said on January 30, 2013 at 2:30 p.m.

That Happy birthday, so sweet. Finally something funny to watch, unlike Cross counter being boring now!!!!

MisterMartinez said on January 30, 2013 at 2:33 p.m.

ESPORTS YAAAAAAAAAAASSSSS

Tetsuo said on January 30, 2013 at 2:40 p.m.

New show looks legit.. Good stuff!

Astro_Notch said on January 30, 2013 at 2:48 p.m.

Lol ESPORTS!!!!!! This show looks like the fighting game version of ESPN.

sfxtxwasteoftime said on January 30, 2013 at 2:50 p.m.

IAMSKINJA said on January 30, 2013 at 2:54 p.m.

#8 You seem very dedicated to disliking SFxT
Very mature

Scourge739 said on January 30, 2013 at 2:55 p.m.

You're back again I see...
Now we wait for your removal.

MikeRoss said on January 30, 2013 at 2:58 p.m.

Thanks guys for the positive feedback. This is just a fresh concept and am totally open to suggestions!

sfxtxwasteoftime said on January 30, 2013 at 2:58 p.m.

Scourge739 said on January 30, 2013 at 3:03 p.m.

you were revolvinguns or something of that nature, then proceeded to changing your name to sfxtisstillass.
and finally, you returned with sfxtxwasteoftime.
Why do you come back knowing you will just be banned again?

Scourge739 said on January 30, 2013 at 3:05 p.m.

But on another note, left loving the new IPL show.
Keep it up Mike :]

MisterMartinez said on January 30, 2013 at 3:05 p.m.

Wow man. So you went out of your way to make an account, scout for sfxt posts, read them, read the comments and then reply.

All for what? What do you gain from doing this? What does the FGC gain from having people like you? Take a step back and what you're doing with your life man...

SHOGUN said on January 30, 2013 at 3:12 p.m.

Mike and FChamp are supposedly having a high stakes $1,000 MM tonight. AE, SFxT and a runback for MvC2 will be the 3 games played. Tune into fgtvlive tonight guys! IT WILL BE EPIC!

CE_Dictator said on January 30, 2013 at 3:13 p.m.

Keep crying like a little bitch and that's why bitches do: cry. Funny when you have 'waste of time' as part of your username because you're just wasting time making childish accounts and get banned by Eventhubs for everytime you make one. Do you have anything else to do in life? How about you working for me as a Shadowloo member? Haha.

sfxtxwasteoftime said on January 30, 2013 at 3:14 p.m.

IAMSKINJA said on January 30, 2013 at 3:17 p.m.

@11 Just a few things I thought you could improve for the next show.
1) Better mics. I'm no audio expert but the mics sounded kinda fuzzy.
2) The game needs to be a little bigger. Its a small nitpick.

Other than that it was an enjoyable show and I look forward to the next one

MonkeyCha0s said on January 30, 2013 at 3:42 p.m.

revolvingsun was one of his longest lasting accounts. i knew he had several other lowercased accounts in the past but i just couldnt remember the names. now i remember they all had "sfxt" in the name somewhere. lol poor guy has nothing good to say about anything.

Izick said on January 30, 2013 at 3:51 p.m.

The game and the show are great keep it up.

ineedbackup said on January 30, 2013 at 4:15 p.m.

DLC characters not unlocked. tsk tsk

sfxtxwasteoftime said on January 30, 2013 at 4:21 p.m.

Typhoontimmy said on January 30, 2013 at 4:21 p.m.

Very fun show to watch and it was very professional looking, and I like how your personality works with other people and players like Combofiend.

Admittedly I like hearing pro players chat more than I like watching them play, so I appreciate seeing new shows like this, so keep it up. Thanks for being so damn entertaining.

lordrockman said on January 30, 2013 at 4:32 p.m.

yo EEEEEEEEEEEEE-sports!!

DevilMaySpy said on January 30, 2013 at 4:54 p.m.

Trolls like Sun make the "most commented stories" addition flawed. You click on a topic expecting a decent discussion and you've got 10 people raging at the same guy. Just ignore him.

Kira_Timmy said on January 30, 2013 at 4:57 p.m.

Love watching 'Mike In Brazil' get it! Lol LML xD

Eye_of_Orochi said on January 30, 2013 at 5:03 p.m.

@ 13

He also has a profile specifically to troll me, named "eye_of_gaylord". Yes, he is that pathetic.

Astro_Notch said on January 30, 2013 at 5:09 p.m.

Yo Mike Ross, I loved the show bro keep the episodes coming. One gripe that I had was the game screen not being bigger. It should be bigger so that it's easier to see, with all the colors and chaos it's hard to concentrate (for me at least :/ ). Other than that, good job.

Aether9000 said on January 30, 2013 at 5:37 p.m.

I thought it was pretty cool. It reminds me of ESPN, but with fighting games.

throughsilence said on January 30, 2013 at 5:38 p.m.

Great episode, I love the professional feel more than the in your living room garage feeling of CC.

kdavis851 said on January 30, 2013 at 6:03 p.m.

Haha. Trolls.

BumblebeeCody said on January 30, 2013 at 6:04 p.m.

@Typhoontimmy #24
Same! I really don't like SFxT; and I'm going to get in peoples (virtual) faces about liking a game I don't, but watching Mike Ross and Combofiend play definitely makes it well worth watching.

Digital_Masta said on January 30, 2013 at 6:32 p.m.

For guys judging the quality of Cross Counter compared to this. Keep in mind that IPL is owned by IGN which is you know...a major company so of course they have the money and resources to put on a production of this level.

HyperCombinationFinish said on January 30, 2013 at 6:55 p.m.

Nothing but pure entertainment goodness. Keep it up Mike Ross. You're the most electrifying personality in the FGC

KaboomKid said on January 30, 2013 at 8:58 p.m.

On Cross Counter, Mike was but the learner. Now he is the master.

May the E-Sports be with you!

A1Spinn said on January 30, 2013 at 9:47 p.m.

this was actually cool!!!felt like i was watching espn/fighters

Tectondrio said on January 30, 2013 at 10:56 p.m.

Mike "In Dat Ass" Ross! Alas, Combofiend showing up Mike on his own show. The salt pouring freely afterwards! Looking forward to seeing more of this new show.

V3N0MB1T3 said on January 30, 2013 at 11 p.m.

13 minutes? :/ kinda wish it was longer. And that was with a guest AND an exhibition. How longs it gonna be when the majority of the time you wont be promoting a new game release or in this case an update? It be nice if you got back into that CC groove you had with multiple guests and discussions about all fighting games, not just IPL sponsored ones. Other then that funny stuff mike. I'll try and tune in live next time for it.

chipndip said on January 30, 2013 at 11:34 p.m.

1) That match was pretty hype. Love the HBD at the end. Should've used a Super Art for the big win though.

2) If this show's got a spot on Youtube, I might just subscribe.

3) Keep up the good work, and keep up the SF X TKN!

AoiZero said on January 31, 2013 at 1:35 a.m.

hmm...seems outaa place without gootecks; hes normally the play by play type of dude while Mike Ross is the color commentator. Regardless, it was a good watch

shades_of_grey said on January 31, 2013 at 2:12 a.m.

Enjoyed this. Looking forward to more.

dfgergerhcxv said on January 31, 2013 at 3:36 a.m.

TaoTuna said on January 31, 2013 at 7:37 a.m.

this had me rolling, and the match was good as well. Good show.

Pirateninja said on January 31, 2013 at 10:36 a.m.

You got to enlarge the game screen, it's pretty small.

bagel_bytez said on January 31, 2013 at 4:08 p.m.

Aww, I'm always sad when I miss banned comments cause I wanna know exactly what they're banned for! And mike 'fruadulant' Ross is always entertaining to watch.

P.s.

Challenge me on psn mike Ross! I'm callin you out!

wiggaplz said on February 2, 2013 at 11:15 p.m.

I enjoyed it, wish it was longer tho.