Street Fighter X Tekken v2013 receiving positive reception, top players debating if Paul is top tier

Posted by SFilp • January 29, 2013 at 10:48 p.m. PST
Capcom UK's Street Fighter Community Manager, Dawgtanian asked on Twitter what fans were thinking of Street Fighter X Tekken's v2013 update.

It seems many have had an extremely positive reaction to the update.

Okay guys, what do you think of SFxT v2013?

The response for SFxT v2013 has been overwhelmingly positive! I'm so happy you all love the changes!

Additionally, many top players are also mentioning the game on their own Twitter accounts. It seems a lot of people are agreeing that Paul is a really strong character in the game.

Comments

Grimmjow_J said on January 30, 2013 at 6:35 a.m.

Let me know when the next update comes, I'm out!

DougQuaidHauser said on January 30, 2013 at 6:43 a.m.

Played a few ranked matches today for first time since april......garbage compared to AE2012

Teags said on January 30, 2013 at 6:53 a.m.

Witness the birth of a meme.

I've mained Paul since I was in the womb.

BestAlgorithm said on January 30, 2013 at 6:59 a.m.

And god said, "I am the Alpha and the Paul"

eye_of_gaylord said on January 30, 2013 at 7:01 a.m.

okamiking said on January 30, 2013 at 7:12 a.m.

I'm just gonna be that guy and say I main Hwoarang.

SeriphAngel said on January 30, 2013 at 7:21 a.m.

Online connection is worse than it was before the game came out...they really better fix it.

eye_of_gaylord said on January 30, 2013 at 7:24 a.m.

viper_coqui said on January 30, 2013 at 7:33 a.m.

Nina x Paul victory assured

SeriphAngel said on January 30, 2013 at 7:33 a.m.

Boost combos really should have a higher scale ratio than normal combos. Just saddening that many people do not even really know how to play but get one lucky boost combo off and they are in business.

Smorgasboard said on January 30, 2013 at 7:41 a.m.

One day, people will stop caring what characters other people are playing, like they should.

Onislayer said on January 30, 2013 at 7:44 a.m.

Picking Paul now that he's good.
I didn't use him before because he was a bad character.
Now that he's good, I'm going to use him.
It probably wasn't fun using him before the patch, since winning with him must have been hard to do against the easier to use (win) characters.

eye_of_gaylord said on January 30, 2013 at 7:49 a.m.

Grimmjow_J said on January 30, 2013 at 8:01 a.m.

Paul can play the bongo drums with his hands behind his back. He accomplishes this by leaning over them really close and flexing his pecs. The sweet potent rhythms he procedures are the most potent form of aphrodisiac known to man.

MrCrockett said on January 30, 2013 at 8:03 a.m.

Oh so now everybody is Paul players? Lol props to to the ones who used him before the patch..oh yeah I use juri/sagat come see me

AlexTwo said on January 30, 2013 at 8:06 a.m.

What the?! No fair! I've been playing Paul since Super Turbo!

Kenshiro said on January 30, 2013 at 8:18 a.m.

Stay Assy FGC.

Anyway I haven't change any of my teams even though I am tempted to pick up my all-time favorite Tekken fighter King but no...he doesn't translate that well into this game...he's seriously gimped.

Guile X Chun-Li
Elena X Dudley
Christie X Elena
Jin X Kazuya
Bryan X Cody
Cody X Guy
Hugo X Poison

Don't you have a sig of Heihachi and Paul laughing idiotically? Yeah I believe that you main who you like regardless of tiers unlike the rest of these tards.

eye_of_gaylord said on January 30, 2013 at 8:28 a.m.

Kenshiro said on January 30, 2013 at 8:40 a.m.

Ah forgot about Nina X Vega.

TheMAMBA said on January 30, 2013 at 8:42 a.m.

I played the night before the patch and the day of the patch and I have to say that everyone who was previously good are still very good. And everyone who struggled are now in it to win it. Every character is good. Its not about the character imo its about the player and how well the player can use that character to its full potential.

kuiper_felt said on January 30, 2013 at 8:52 a.m.

For Capcom , *mild applause* for improving your game FOR FREE!!
Not here to whine just feel disappointed.

Its still early days but I fear SFxT lacks depth for a longterm skill edge to develop-yes, it's unfortunate :(. I feel the skill barrier will converge quite rapidly for a majority of players, and Ae will welcome back many players.

Its difficult to put my finger on why I don't feel challenged by this game but I will spend more time playing/in the lab before I decide if this game is for me.

eye_of_gaylord said on January 30, 2013 at 8:55 a.m.

bunny said on January 30, 2013 at 10:09 a.m.

used to play julia gonna adopt paul now gonna jump right on the wagon tier whoring for the win!

DivinePhoenix69 said on January 30, 2013 at 10:24 a.m.

@okamiking Right there with ya. Hwo for life!!!

mavfan619 said on January 30, 2013 at 11:02 a.m.

Play who you want, for whatever reasons you want. That is all.

KataM said on January 30, 2013 at 11:09 a.m.

Well, I playerd Vanilla Paul/Julia as my secondary team. He has damage, that made up for his weaknesses. Now, he has speed, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him high on the tier list. But not top tier, since variety of tools will always be better than having high damage.

Zentsurugi said on January 30, 2013 at 12:14 p.m.

I play Alisa and Steve in this game just like I do in TTT2. Gotta work some stuff out with these two in 2013.

stream_monster said on January 30, 2013 at 12:52 p.m.

Why can't people give the game some time before talking about tiers....

BlackReaper201 said on January 30, 2013 at 3:39 p.m.

Glad to see some people still know the difference between good and bad and don't just follow the herd mentality. Keeping my faith in humanity alive (less than 2-5% of it, mind you), but it's still better than nothing!

Lol @ anybody who has a bad opinion of this game instantly marked a troll. Funny stuff. Oh my your opinion is the opposite of everyone else's opinion? You're just a silly troll.

People actually don't like Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Justin Bieber, and all those other mainstream artists? Haha, oh you're just trolling! Stop that you silly trolls! They are great artists bringing something innovative and interesting to the table! Just like this game! It's good too! The pros say it's good, so it's good! Why can't you just "accept" it's good instead of holding on to your opinion of this game pre-patch. It's not like you actually played the update or anything, or else you would like it, since the pros like it.

That fool me once video pretty much summed things up. It'll be funny when people don't like this game anymore and everyone is like "I didn't like it ever! Even after the update I thought it sucked" just like all the people saying that about maining Paul. When I played the game when it first came out I played it for about a month and saw a Paul online maybe once every 100+ games, and even less than that (almost never) with people over 5000 BP points.

cliffeside said on January 30, 2013 at 6:16 p.m.

only thing bad about SFxT is people STILL trying to play it like AE.

shades_of_grey said on January 30, 2013 at 11:13 p.m.

@132 cliffeside

Agreed.

simmmmm said on January 31, 2013 at 3:53 a.m.

kinda weird how with these changes everyones opinion went from "worst game ever" to "awesome.

it does play a little different but its still the same game.

ist still "ok" to play and boring as hell to watch.

Kenshiro said on January 31, 2013 at 9:50 a.m.

You're so far off it's not even funny. People are trolls because they pop their head in any and every SFxT and call the game crappy. Often times there's no rhyme or reason as to why other than to troll. If you don't see that or even better if you don't comprehend that please familiarize yourself with the term troll and be on your way. We get it, this isn't the most popular Capcom fighter but parroting the same knocks against it are old.

Sasuga said on February 1, 2013 at 7:16 a.m.

Blackreaper: The thing with this game is, it's actually a good game. If you don't like it, that's something different. It's had it's problems but the core game is good and always was. Yes, I said it. Even before this patch the game was good.

If you go commenting with your crap in a post that you know you should not even be reading, you're trolling. Now go back to your justin bieber albums.

asica604 said on February 9, 2013 at 5:01 p.m.

I run Hwoarang/Heihachi; Team Gimmicks, Mixups & Crossups. I also just like the characters.

I can't wait to body all these Pauls.

Load more comments