Updated: Street Fighter X Tekken DLC sale on Xbox Live Marketplace and PSN - character pack and costumes 25% - 50% off

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • January 29, 2013 at 5:33 p.m. PST
Updated: A new PlayStation Blog, details that the same deals are available on the PlayStation Network.

Major Nelson posted a blog earlier today detailing an Xbox Live Arcade sale beginning today and ending February 4. As you can see below, plenty of Street Fighter X Tekken DLC can be purchased for a discounted price including the 12 additional characters pack, Swap and Alternate costume packs.

Prices range from 25% - 50% off, so if you're looking to pick up any of this content, now would be a great time. Check out the image below for the full list of deals.

Street Fighter X Tekken PlayStation Network
• DLC Char Alternate Costume Complete Pack – PS3 Add-On (now: $4.49 original price: $5.99)
• SF/TK Alternate Costume Complete Pack – PS3 Add-On (now: $13.49 original price: $17.99)
• SF/TK Additional Characters Pack– PS3 Add-On (now: $14.99 original price: $19.99)

• SF/TK DLC Char Swap Costume Complete Pack– PS3 Add-On (now: $2.99 original price: $3.99)
• SF/TK Swap Costume Complete Pack – PS3 Add-On (now: $8.99 original price: $12.99)
• DLC Char Alternate Costume Complete Pack – PS Vita Add-On (now: $4.49 original price: $5.99)
• SF/TK Alternate Costume Complete Pack – PS Vita Add-On (now: $13.49 original price: $17.99)
• SF/TK DLC Char Swap Costume Complete Pack– PS Vita Add-On (now: $2.99 original price: $3.99)
• SF/TK Swap Costume Complete Pack – PS Vita Add-On (now: $8.99 original price: $12.99)

Tips by YouDontKnowMe, Shinkuu Kikoken and Teags.

Comments

Eye_of_Orochi said on January 29, 2013 at 9:36 a.m.

In before still too much money

WHAT UP HATERS :)

darkblade13 said on January 29, 2013 at 9:36 a.m.

It is still too expensive. It should have been free since it is already in the disc.

Gemakai said on January 29, 2013 at 9:41 a.m.

@2: You can argue that about the characters, sure. Costumes, I'm fine since they're purely cosmetic changes.

That said, do this for PSN, Capcom!

darkblade13 said on January 29, 2013 at 9:43 a.m.

@3 The characters is what I'm talking about.

TwoDogKnight said on January 29, 2013 at 9:43 a.m.

#2 get a job

Gemakai said on January 29, 2013 at 9:43 a.m.

@4: Wouldn't have guess that since said characters weren't on that list. Just the costume.

Scourge739 said on January 29, 2013 at 9:43 a.m.

So...where are those "it's still too much money."
it'd probably be best to just get it now than watching the price go back up imo.

darkblade13 said on January 29, 2013 at 9:45 a.m.

It is on the list for 1200 MSPs. Learn to read.

Dutchling said on January 29, 2013 at 9:45 a.m.

@2 The man is always trying to bring us down. I guess I'll go back to Battle Monsters.

alfarin said on January 29, 2013 at 9:47 a.m.

Just nabbed the alt costume pack. God damn it, I'm a sucker for more costumes.

Cambrio said on January 29, 2013 at 9:51 a.m.

People should still complain since it's on the disk. No one should pay for something that they already brought.

Kenshiro said on January 29, 2013 at 9:51 a.m.

Too expensive shouldn't even be in anyone's vocab unless you're a hobo. Seriously if you won't to abstain due to principal well that's your choice but atleast be somewhat honest...if 5 clams is too expensive for you maybe you shouldn't be gaming in this gen.

Gemakai said on January 29, 2013 at 9:53 a.m.

@8: So it is. My mistake. 15 bucks ain't bad for 12 characters though.

darkblade13 said on January 29, 2013 at 9:54 a.m.

@#5 I do have a job and a good paying one too. I don't throw my money around just for anything. I'm guess I'm just conservative.

DemonDethchase said on January 29, 2013 at 9:55 a.m.

any news on the UK PSN store discount on the characters?

madsoul242 said on January 29, 2013 at 9:58 a.m.

Glad to see they finally gave me some incentive to pick this back up.happy for xbox owners. Hope PSN gets it soon.

That would've been awesome but, this is capcom we're talking bout here, we should consider our selves lucky the dlc characters are discounted. But i'm still hesitant cuz i really think there will be a comlete edition later this year, depending how well the new patch is received. $29.99 right before E3.

wonzan said on January 29, 2013 at 10:04 a.m.

They really should have made the DLC characters FREE or at least 50% off, to attract more players back to this game. A fighting game is nothing without players.

Eye_of_Orochi said on January 29, 2013 at 10:13 a.m.

@ 11

If you choose to see it that way...I prefer this method of selling extra content than a Super version because they will never stop releasing more content than was originally released. You know, those extra versions that Capcom was getting all that crap for? Capcom made a stupid decision with thinking the withheld characters and colors would keep people's interest and give the game longevity. They tested the waters with how much DLC they could get away with and it obviously backfired big time.

At this point, just buy them or don't. It's been long enough where we should just give in or move on. If you want them, determine if it's worth your 20 or just stick with the characters meant for the original package, you don't NEED the characters (a common misconception). Half of the complainers wouldn't even use the characters locked away even if they were made free or were included from the beginning. You aren't comitting some unholy act by getting them, they add a lot to the roster especially for casuals.

Crondizzle said on January 29, 2013 at 10:14 a.m.

Eye_of_Orochi said on January 29, 2013 at 10:15 a.m.

I really hope that PSN gets this too, it would only be fair. Although I still feel Sony is a big reason this game was screwed over, so maybe that's why PSN will not even get a sale. Sony has been trying to milk this game almost as much as Capcom did.

deadedbypanda said on January 29, 2013 at 10:18 a.m.

#12 let me ask you this. Would you have rather them not put the character models on the disk? Would you have bought them if they were download only?

How much of a difference would it make?

The answer; none. All that would have mattered was you would have to download all the new models and waste storage on your HDD and waste bandwidth. it's really just people bitching for the sake of bitching. There's no principle behind anyone's crying about this. If you wanted the characters and you wanted the game you would have bought it. If the issue is money, then perhaps you should reevaluate your career choices if $20 is breaking the bank or putting you over budget.

If you consider how many hours of entertainment this game could provide (if you like it), the cost really isn't much at all.

madsoul242 said on January 29, 2013 at 10:18 a.m.

@ Eye_of_Orochi
Amen

handsofgod said on January 29, 2013 at 10:25 a.m.

I think it's only on Xbox due to the co op fiassco but who knows would be nice to get that on psn but I doubt it tho

handsofgod said on January 29, 2013 at 10:27 a.m.

A close friend told me that daigo didn't play this title as he didn't feel comfortable paying for content that was alteady on the disc surely this will persuade him to give sfxt a try... Fingers X

handsofgod said on January 29, 2013 at 10:29 a.m.

I actually never understood the dlc problem... Lol and I mean never

Eye_of_Orochi said on January 29, 2013 at 10:34 a.m.

@ 24

We also didn't get free exclusive characters...I don't care if they suck, I would have loved to use Pac-Man World Pac-Man against my friends or the CPU when I'm just playing to relieve stress or kick back.

Astro_Notch said on January 29, 2013 at 10:34 a.m.

@22 Some people don't wanna see the truth, they just wanna excuse to hate Capcom. So why don't you get out of here and take your logic with you.

DontTaseMeBro said on January 29, 2013 at 10:40 a.m.

Still 15 dollars too much.

JoeLewis said on January 29, 2013 at 10:42 a.m.

Correct me if im wrong but isint it not possible for a console game to not have dlc that already exists on the disc?

Kurow said on January 29, 2013 at 10:43 a.m.

One more time PSN gets nothing :(

handsofgod said on January 29, 2013 at 10:47 a.m.

@28 I think post 22 is pretty simple and concise

drunkendan said on January 29, 2013 at 10:48 a.m.

hey when can we yell at Arksystems for all their on disc dlc release every year and delaying in Europe? Never? Why? OOOOOO it is not Capcom. Same thing with Namco with Soul Calibur 5's DLC? Ah it is the same. They are still not Capcom. I understand now

samuraix025 said on January 29, 2013 at 10:49 a.m.

15 dollars is too much? how many of you paid 40 bucks for arcade edition? also the game itself is only 40 bucks now which mean together its 55 dollars if you just now bought the game, which is still 5 dollars LESS than the average 360 game. at this point people are clearly b!tching just to b!tch. if the characters weren't on disc you would have paid for them anyway, and it would have been for dollars for a whole new game most likely just like you paid 40 bucks for arcade addition and UMVC3. if you boycotted those too then continue, but if you bought those updates complaining about this is stupid, especially when this rebalance is free.

icejohn said on January 29, 2013 at 10:53 a.m.

What nothing for sony? The biggest reason why people gave this game the shaft.

handsofgod said on January 29, 2013 at 10:53 a.m.

@27 hmm I hear ya... But yh pacman and cole aren't very viable I play random select a lot and enjoy playing with everyone but pacman is pretty crap lol cole is not so bad and is pretty fun and unique but pacman feels a little dull and is awfully slow... But yh I hear your pain but I guess that pans down to Sony being more willing and paying capcom lol but the co op thing is a bit of a pain
Good luck my brother and god bless

Teags said on January 29, 2013 at 10:54 a.m.

The only thing I'll correct is your use of a triple negative because...geez wtf are you trying to say?

Can you have DLC that isn't on the disc? Yes. Does it matter? Ofcourse not.

Haters gonna hate.

Eye_of_Orochi said on January 29, 2013 at 11:09 a.m.

@ 36

Hey I heard Pacman got some buffs lol...I'd just use someone to build him some meter and then figure out some stuff with the new properties on his EX attacks. I just like having a little fun sometimes, online is no bueno after a long stressful day!

Have a good one, hope you're loving the patch. I have to sit patiently at work all day to play it.

alfarin said on January 29, 2013 at 11:37 a.m.

What @33 said. Didn't Tekken Tag 2 have an online pass, too?

maxs2d2ace said on January 29, 2013 at 11:48 a.m.

fase one : release patch
fase two : release dlc discount.

drunkendan said on January 29, 2013 at 11:49 a.m.

#39 they did. Also note people ignoring my post in #33 :)

alfarin said on January 29, 2013 at 11:50 a.m.

@41 funny how that gets forgotten, isn't it?

illness690 said on January 29, 2013 at 12:10 p.m.

TrueGamingGuru said on January 29, 2013 at 12:13 p.m.

Almost every people should have No Right to Complain about the DLC pratice, because there is a real truth that everyone must accept the reality...

Besides the On-Disc DLC is not Capcoms business pratice, other third parties have been doing this since Sony & Microsoft even exist, Sony & Microsoft mostly decides how much the DLC cost, and choose to discount the content. Sony's contract was the whole reason of the DLC characters being heldback for the PS Vita version release date.

Unlike previous DLC method, like if you didn't buy the DLC you can't play with other certain players because the bought the DLC. Like SFIV & DOA5 if you fight a certain player that bought a DLC costume, you'll still fight the player but you don't see the DLC costume that your opponent is using, and there is 2 files of the same game one is your main game the other is the DLC file.
With On-Disc DLC you can play other certain players that has the DLC, even if you yourself didn't buy the DLC. You even get to see what other player is using for costume even the ones from DLC (even if you didn't buy it), and with On-Disc DLC all you end up files is one that is the main game & DLC.

The locked content has been going for awhile from Arcades & even older consoles.

DLC was always meant to be paid because thats Sony & Microsoft policy for their stores, and they want their share of the profit.

TrueGamingGuru said on January 29, 2013 at 12:18 p.m.

Heres another thing about the DLC...

On Disc DLC & 12 New Characters
As you probably know, there are 12 additional characters that appear in the Playstation Vita version of the game. Additionally, these characters were released as purchasable DLC for the console versions on July 31st, 2012. The fact that the information for the characters, alternate costumes and colors was previously discovered on the disc (by hackers) stirred up quite the conspiracy, and the "Capcom hate machine" bandwagon of 2012 was born. On that note, I'd like to give my two cents on the matter. . .

Some gamers feel "cheated" that this content is already on the disc, because to access it, they have to purchase a small file that simply "unlocks" it when it becomes available. They feel entitled to the content from the start, since they bought and "own" the physical disc. Capcom has explained that the information is on the disc in order to "save hard drive space and to ensure for a smooth transition when the DLC is available". The data also allows people to play against the 12 new characters & see the alternate costumes when they're released if they choose not to purchase them. Personally, nothing about this format bothers me, but some gamers out there seem to have a "false sense of entitlement and expectation".

Something that the rabid complainers fail to realize is that this DLC was originally developed with the intent of being DLC. That means it potentially wouldn't even exist in the first place without the DLC distribution process. Believe it. It doesn't matter if it's locked on-disc DLC, day 1 DLC, or month 6 DLC. I wholeheartedly agree that a product should be complete when it's released, but the thing is... SF X Tekken could've very easily been called "complete" at around 30 characters. People should be thankful that the dev-team took the extra time & effort to create 12 additional characters on top of the already outstanding roster.

TrueGamingGuru said on January 29, 2013 at 12:23 p.m.

SF X Tekken includes 43 iconic characters from the start (PS3 version). That's far above the standard for a new fighting game. Gamers complaining about not being able to use 12 more characters right off the bat (which weren't finished), are being a bit greedy I think. I understand their point of view, and yes, they have a right to feel that way if they choose. I can only speak for myself and I don't feel cheated. I'm glad I won't have to buy a whole new disc-based "Super" version of SFXT later this year. I agree Capcom could've made better decisions on the business front, but as a long time fan, I feel lucky just to play this game with so many characters from the start. The fact that Capcom continued supporting SFXT with 12 additional characters (superb choices at that), only sweetens the deal.

In continuation, I think some of the "new" fighting game fans need to take a step back and get some perspective. In the early 90's, many of us used to play Street Fighter 2 (among other games) at arcades religiously... putting in 50 cents, with each play, to use a few of those 8-12 characters over and over (and over X 1000). Even after I bought several variations of the home versions of SF2 (at $70 a pop) I still put money into those arcade machines... and you know what? If for some reason you weren't a "good" player at your arcade, you had to pay MORE money... AND LIKE IT... or... you could go home as a sore loser and play your SNES or Genesis version by yourself and pretend to have friends.YEAH... I SAID IT.

History has repeated itself many a time. Over the course of a decade, I must've spent 100's of dollars on MVC2 in the arcades. I bought the Dreamcast version when it came out, and guess what... I still put gas in my car, drove to the arcade, and put countless dollars into that MVC2 machine for many years to come. I did the same thing when Tekken 5 came out in arcades and on PS2. I even traveled to distant arcades (hours away) simply because they had better competition. So I guess that's why I can't relate to gamers who are raging about an optional $8-$20 DLC to unlock new characters/content in a game... something that no one is forcing them to buy. In my book, the DLC is reasonably priced (not to mention color packs & other updates are free). Plus, if you own both the PS3 & Vita versions, you get all 12 DLC characters free without having to buy any DLC... which isn't a bad deal when all is said and done.

TrueGamingGuru said on January 29, 2013 at 12:24 p.m.

And finally, let's not forget about "time release" characters that both Namco and Capcom previously used in arcade games like Tekken 2, Tekken 3 and MVC2. Many months after the original release of those games, additional characters became playable to keep the game fresh and exciting (and it worked). It would appear that Capcom simply want players to first enjoy the "vanilla" version of the game and let a little suspense build up... so give'm a break. Besides, what's the fun of having everything unlocked at once? Are you really going to master 55 characters at once? No... you're not. Put down the torches, people. There are more important things to worry about in life.

In closing, gamers of this generation are able to sit on their asses at home, play a quality fighting game with players all over the world (for free), and some of them have the audacity to sit behind their keyboards and complain about optional DLC that costs them around the same price as lunch? Uhh... to those people, I say go out and buy yourselves a Happy Meal, you cheap, cheap people... Just kidding. But seriously, stop whining. ~TFG Webmaster
from SFXT, www.fightersgeneration.com

TrappedFrame said on January 29, 2013 at 12:43 p.m.

Guru. Vagina. Find it.

Portal23 said on January 29, 2013 at 12:48 p.m.

To summarize what TrueGamingGuru said: blah blah blah *Capcom dickrider rant* blah blah blah

samuraix025 said on January 29, 2013 at 12:48 p.m.

@ 48 lol^

chipndip said on January 29, 2013 at 12:49 p.m.

So TrueGamingGuru shut this whole on-disc DLC biz down. Like...DOWN...

Hate if you want, you can't debunk those four posts. Besides, 8 bucks for one measly char is pretty bs, but it's k cause it's not Capcom. /rolleyes

Eye_of_Orochi said on January 29, 2013 at 12:58 p.m.

@ 49

Says the guy who read the first two sentences and didn't "waste" his time reading the rest because you're a too die hard of a hater.

@ 48

Some people take their hobbies seriously and have a lot of passion for them. He could be getting all sorts of *****, you never know...but even if he isn't, it doesn't make what he has to say any less valid. AWESOME POST, GURU!

TrueGamingGuru said on January 29, 2013 at 1:09 p.m.

@51 I'm not here to hate, there is alot of details that actually leads to the real truth. On Disc DLC was done by other games before SFXT, unless if Sony & Microsoft does something eles with DLC method were very likely to live with this generation of gaming.

All I can say is that everyone does have the right to choose to buy something, but mostly won't change the fact that DLC will be paid since that is the policy of Sony & Microsoft.

@52 I've been collecting certain info, even discover a few interesting details about the DLC. Oh for comments #45 & #47 was actually from another website, I was looking at Street Fighter X Tekken and saw about the on-disc dlc.

handsofgod said on January 29, 2013 at 3:24 p.m.

I find it that those that don't understand dlc never will, it's something that shouldnt even need to be explained, I think if you don't understand by now then you never will. Mad love to guy breaking it DOWN lol he went in and over lol but I guarantee the people who don't understand the dlc situation didn't even read it and if they did they just thought kmt capcom bickriders looool

Kenshiro said on January 29, 2013 at 3:41 p.m.

@22 isn't that basically my point? Either your post was meant for somebody else or you are confused.

@39 NO! No online pass and all the updates were done through the store/live.

Kenshiro said on January 29, 2013 at 3:45 p.m.

TrueGamingGuru sorry you've wasted time and a coherent thought process typing all of that but these turds don't get it. They would rather pay 40 to 60 bucks on a brand new rom than having the updates on the disc and getting it whenever convenient.

Logic and reasoning constantly escape these people.

TrueGamingGuru said on January 29, 2013 at 3:57 p.m.

@56 I really haven't wasted time, if other people don't understand thats their problem. I least try to spread the real truth, its just these people were never put in a place were everything in life is not fair.

But one thing is certain there is alot of things that business, development, and marketing is one of these things that even other people will never understand.

All I can say is that these needy people are never right.

SGstarcraft said on January 29, 2013 at 4:07 p.m.

@56 I completely agree, they did what they did with sfxt's dlc (And iv seen them interviewed, and say this) because people were outraged at buying a whole new disk, if you look at marvel, only 1/3rd of the player base moved onto ultimate, they realized that it wasn't working, so they did on-disc dlc, because otherwise they would have just have you download 5-8gigs or w/e instead, it just blows my mind that people would rather spend 40-60 bucks everytime instead of 20$, when sfxt's character dlc did better than ultimate, its obvious that people can be morally opposed or w/e, but at the end of the day more people are willing to blow 20$ rather than 40-60

Eye_of_Orochi said on January 29, 2013 at 4:23 p.m.

Like Guru mentioned, if anything SFxT actually gave us the choice of expanding our game without affecting us being able to have the most up-to-date versions of patches. How many other people out there were weary of buying SFxT because they were scared of another disc coming out and making the old one obsolete if you wanted to be up-to-date competitive? I know I was. They implemented a method of preventing that, although they should have been more forthright about its presence on the disc...DLC will always exist so pick your poison in its delivery method or be content with what is available.

It's funny how everyone forgot about Sony's involvement...we have no idea what went on behind the scenes with that. Sony may have payed Capcom to develop those characters as something to promote their Vita version of their game, which would also help promote the Vita (in hindsight anyways, lol). Along with bonus character exclusivity and other things, it seems VERY likely we should have been putting some blame on Sony when Capcom has been taking the full brunt of the BS all along.

saucepot said on January 29, 2013 at 4:47 p.m.

Is this available on UK XBL? I can't see it on the dashboard or games section, maybe it's because I ran out of gold membership?

Scourge739 said on January 29, 2013 at 4:58 p.m.

Damn, Guru went in.
Good Stuff.

Boogityboy said on January 29, 2013 at 5:34 p.m.

chipndip said on January 29, 2013 at 5:49 p.m.

@Guru: I was on YOUR side, just in case you got that confused. Capcom's pretty much stuck between a rock and a bunch of loud haters. Still, it's not like Arc System Works or Nether Realms are doing anything above and beyond releasing a new game to win their fans over.

Haters don't know that though. >_>

TheMasterPlayer said on January 29, 2013 at 5:51 p.m.

Reasonable price, I guess. Coz if they made at least the characters FREE then, the whole lot of people who bought the DLC would be really really angry.lol. Not to mention the legal and financial hassles Capcom would have to go through if they started making DLC free at this point.

DARKKARASBLADE said on January 29, 2013 at 5:53 p.m.

@DontTaseMeBro 12 characters for 15 is not bad look at MK9 you get 4 character for $5 each and that in total is $20. What's better 4 characters for $20 or 12 for $20.

Existent said on January 29, 2013 at 6:44 p.m.

I still can't get a single match without crippling lag. I was hoping that the patch might fix it but SFxT remains the only game I can't play online.

icejohn said on January 29, 2013 at 7:18 p.m.

Not sure if i'll take the bait, but if i do it'll only be to prove a point that there were fans holding out a whole year,not willing to put up with this crap.
capcom if you EVER pull a stunt like this again...

Mousefire said on January 29, 2013 at 7:21 p.m.

Do you play on dial-up or something specifically while playing SFxT? I played some games just an hour ago, and none of the matches were cripplingly bad. The netcode isn't as good as the Arcsys netcode, but it's easily better than SF4's or marvel's.

BlazinKoolBreez said on January 29, 2013 at 7:21 p.m.

I bought the game for 65 dollars wen it came out, then they release all this stoopid dlc, gems that can do a bunch of extra nonsense, character costumes, the game was not that great so I felt screwed over, especially wen they led ppl on 2 believe the dlc characters wasn't completed yet n now the games at its deserved price of $20

I dont hav a problem wit character models etc. on the disc but ppl hacked the game found the models so then Capcom was sayin jus because ppl found the models that doesnt mean they work completely, then the hackers went to work n were able to fully play the dlc characters, so Capcom clearly bs'd me again in my mind...then Capcom charges $20 wen the sh!t comes out, sure I can buy the characters but its the fact I bought a game that felt half emtpy, there was 9 stages, they took forever 2 release the colors n I had already bought several costumes.. wen theyre money was on the line the took care of it quick but wen people complained about how the game ran n problems online they took theyre time n they said the fix for the game will come out around the official dlc char release but it did not

The problem isnt money, it how much I spent on this game n the patch is just now comin out at the end of january..THE NEXT YEAR...n I dont really like how they tried 2 build hype over this game by givin ppl those change list n videos, I wanted a patch n seeing the changes early but I do not like how long it took to do something that was supposed 2 b done last year

They should lower the price more on some of the dlc tho, its about time they do, I already purchased all the dlc I'll need but if the price for the characters wer lower, I may b able 2 get my friends to get it

Boogityboy said on January 29, 2013 at 7:41 p.m.

Timic83 said on January 29, 2013 at 7:50 p.m.

where is megaman and pacman on 360.

Existent said on January 29, 2013 at 7:53 p.m.

Maybe it is for you, but SF4 is a totally different beast. Actually every other game is a different beast from SFxT for me. VF5 is fine, SF4 is fine, 3S is fine, SFxT is not.

Bigall said on January 29, 2013 at 7:57 p.m.

Whoaw, all these persons defending day 1 DLC...What a load of crap.
You want to know how DLC should work? Here is a good exemple:
Capcom releases a new DLC with new Characters for SF4 in 2013. It is as simple as that.
DLC for sfxt got a discount? So what? It's still day 1 DLC. Won't buy it.

GrimEater said on January 29, 2013 at 9:20 p.m.

Stop bitching, SXT has as many playable characters as UMVC not counting the DLC characters. You don't want the dlc? Then shut up and stop whining. No one is forcing you to buy anything.

DivinePhoenix69 said on January 29, 2013 at 9:43 p.m.

@truegamingguru I admit you make some real valid points. Really thought out and intelligent ones if i do say so myself. However to be fair, people have the right to complain about something they feel cheated out of or when they arent happy with a product, even if it may come off as "whining" to others. I know iv probably said that over 100 times in these articles, but its the truth. Just because other companies have been doing the whole dlc thing prior to SfxT doesnt automatically mean its okay for Capcom to do it. Other companies like Sony, Microsoft, Activision, EA, Namco bandai, Square enix, Arcsys etc are also just as guilty, some more than others obviously, just so happens that Capcom and EA are more notorious for these business tactics, which is why they called out on it more often. While i myself do enjoy playing SfxT, i admit Capcom handled this game and its dlc practices extremely poorly. So i can understand why alot of people are upset about this. Even gaming publications and critics like Destructoid and others criticized them for the way they handled the dlc for this game. No offense but calling others entitled, whiners and greedy because they refuse to support something they feel isnt worth it is kinda ignorant.

TrueGamingGuru said on January 29, 2013 at 11:28 p.m.

@75 All I can say is there is alot of details that even the people don't know the true foot steps of game development, and the willing to do something even if they don't like it. These are one of these things to make it more accessible even if no one bought the DLC, even if on disc dlc is the only way. Because the way of the DLC was back then is that those who don't buy the DLC can't play with other players that bought the DLC, nor can see certain costumes that the other player bought. Unless if there was an alternate way that doesn't involve on disc dlc, but needs the tech that similar to what the on disc dlc does. Lets just say that even companies like Capcom had to follow things like what this generation is going on right now from doing something to appeal the casual market (which Nintendo started it), follow the DLC policy (that Sony & Microsoft created it), and follow things that even if other people don't like it.
At least it doesn't involve buying an update disc which has been going on since the 90s and even before DLC has rise.
Heck with the fighting games in general I belive that the console marketing is the whole reason that fighting games in general are not at its best. Events like E3, Comicon, Tokyo Game Show etc. is not helping fighter games, I got better ideas of what fighter games can improve.

Oh and the calling others entitled, whiners, and greedy wasn't from me it was from TGF Webmaster. I simply copy and paste those comments from another website, because this info also proves the opinion about the SFXT DLC. Like the one website link I got in my first comment, just because the its on disc DLC that doesn't mean they're getting ripped off. Everyone doesn't have to buy the DLC in general.

mp91 said on January 30, 2013 at 12:54 a.m.

let's just say the devellopment budget the sfxt team had was 1 million dollars (just to keep it simple), if with this they were only able to create the non dlc version of sfxt and then had to add an other 10% raise at their budget for the 12 characters, i'm ok with paying extra for it, but if their original budget was enought but they decided to milk us by holding on content that's a scam and about the capcom hate, 1day dlc dragon age, kof, blazeblue, extra characters, mk, ttt2, doa online passes, ridiculous prices alt for dao..... capcom is not the only one, not an excuse thought, so no more day one buy for me now (still waiting for an dragon dogma ultimate edition)
anyway will have to look at the sfxt changes, hoping online is better

OhYouDontSayThat said on January 30, 2013 at 1:44 a.m.

capcom gave me all the DLC for free cause my Ken's tatsu is so Godlike.

rewuyiusdbf said on January 30, 2013 at 3:51 a.m.

U4iA27 said on January 30, 2013 at 3:59 a.m.

My god there's a lot of tards in here! No1 gives 2 Sh!ts about the fact that the dlc was on the disk (whoever does is beyond retarded).its the sheer amount of content that was withheld from the initial game as PAID dlc that lead to this mess when the hackers found everything.Not to mention the fact that CHARACTERS (quintessential to being able to actually PLAY any fighting game) were part of this dlc.I'm sorry but I honestly feel that ppl shouldnt be charged extra after the initial purchase of a game for anything that is IMPORTANT TO THE EXPERIENCE OF SAID GAME (ie. True endings, fighting game chars etc.). That's like putting the shoot functionality to a game like Call of Duty as PAID DLC.WTF? am I the only one that sees wrong in charging ppl an extra $20 for 12 chars in a FIGHTING GAME!? Especially after dropping $65 on it initially ($70 for those who bought the SE like my retarded self).the point of dlc is to be extra stuff not IMPORTANT STUFF NEEDED TO PLAY THE GAME!

shinbojan said on January 30, 2013 at 4:43 a.m.

Still 50-75% more than I would pay for.

alfarin said on January 30, 2013 at 6:37 a.m.

@55 the online pass is 1200 points, or comes with new copies of the game.

Please tell me how locking away the entire online feature in an attempt to strangle pre-owned is any better than disc-locked?

SnakeX said on January 30, 2013 at 10:24 a.m.

Your argument is so damn flawed. Capcom didn't lock away any mechanics of the game that prevent you from playing it to the fullest extent. They didn't make you pay to unlock the HP and HK buttons. They're asking you to pay for an additional set of 12 characters in a game with 38 (43 on PS3) characters already there. So no, it's NOT like locking the shoot function in Call of Duty. Not even close. It's like if you had to pay for more maps in CoD...GASP WAIT YOU DO.

The existence of DLC (on-disc or no, it makes no difference in the end) doesn't cheapen the experience, it doesn't prevent you from playing the game the way it's meant to be played. You simply do not have access to all of the things that are deemed extra. So stop. Get a job or stop crying; 20 dollars shouldn't be breaking your bank and you shouldn't act so self-entitled just because a business is trying to make money.

I wish I could say I'm shocked that a bunch of cheap crying children are retreading the same dumb and ineffective arguments we've seen for years now...but I'm not. Sad.

yaboiman said on January 30, 2013 at 1:14 p.m.

how do u type so much guru LOL

JdotSweapA said on January 30, 2013 at 7:35 p.m.

While i disagree with the whole pay for 12 "additional" characters thing, I don't think anybody would have cared as much if they had the option to pay for each character they wanted separately. In my case, the only one i wanted was Sakura >.>
I guess i still think it's pretty unfair now to be honest.....still bought the game though......after selling it once already...aaaaaand i just bought the dlc chars ^_^
Yeah i'm a sucker for a fun fighting game. heh

eddiehard said on January 30, 2013 at 11:20 p.m.

You could still buy a new Mortal Komplete Edition for $20 and get all the characters and costumes. Game is so much fun with story mode and tower challenge.

Cannot wait for Injustice when the price drops to $20 when Capcom comes out with crappy anouncements during SD comic con to bring other fighting games value down. Still salty from buying MVC3 Special edition, UMVC3, Street fighter 4 special edition and Super Street fighter 4 and the multiple DLC upgrades = $280+CA tax.

So yes $20 breaks the bank when you add up the overall total on adult toys.

U4iA27 said on February 1, 2013 at 4:57 a.m.

My god ur such a fukin retard snakeX! U missed the point entirely! Granted my example was extreme and exaggerated but anyone with half a brain would understand that my example pertains to what I said before about how ppl shouldnt be charged extra for things that are important to the experience.like fighting game chars.who gives a sh!t if the game has 38 chars if u don't like any of them and find out the one(s) u do like are already in the game but were locked away as dlc.fact is after mechanics chars make a fighting game and are important.btw I have a job @$$hole it has sh!t to do with $20 breaking bank so u and everyone else can just stop spitting that same response every time someone says something about the char dlc price.
Considering this game was released incomplete,full of horrendous glitches (quite a few found just within its 1st week) at full price ($65) just to later find out that there's 12 more chars u gotta pay a third of the games initial price for I call bs.sfxtk was essentially a $85 game.more if u count the paid gem packs.which considering how bad the game was(still is) is ridiculous.all of this isn't about ppl feeling entitled u pretentious @$$hole,i don't mind dlc in the slightest by all means put it in.just don't slash away important parts of the main game away (chars,powerful gems miles better than base gems)then try to call it dlc.its about capcom not biting the hand that feeds them.which they tried to do.their BBB rating can attest to that.