Posted by SFilp • January 29, 2013 at 8 a.m. PST
Updated: Now available on Xbox 360, Street Fighter X Tekken v2013 released on PlayStation Network Updated: The Street Fighter X Tekken v2013 patch is now available for download on Xbox 360.

The Street Fighter X Tekken v2013 patch is now available for download on the PlayStation Network. This is the game's patch 1.08 and when you launch the game you should be prompted to download the 28 MB file.

We have compiled all of the patch notes and the Capcom-Unity videos, into three separate pages to make things easier for the readers. Below are the links to each page, these can also be found on our Street Fighter X Tekken index page.

As we've seen in the past, the PlayStation Network typically gets updates the day before they are released on the Xbox Live Marketplace.

Tip sent in by NathanStathan, XxTigerheartxX, Astro_Notch, jaysenedwinward, DivinePhoenix69 and danny2times.

Comments

Necreon said on January 29, 2013 at 6:16 a.m.

Vega on the top image B).

gammabolt17 said on January 29, 2013 at 6:32 a.m.

I can't believe there's still fools like you that don't understand WHY the characters are on the fvcking disc. All this dumbass crying will just inspire companies to be sneaky and not transparent about what they're doing at all.

Guybrush20X6 said on January 29, 2013 at 6:50 a.m.

I wonder if the patch is for Vita too.

Cardinair said on January 29, 2013 at 7:31 a.m.

It is. Kinda mandatory when there's cross-platform play, I suppose.

skyrimer said on January 29, 2013 at 7:41 a.m.

@104 Yep, I can confirm Vita is 1.08 already, I've been training some new pandora combos on my lunch break, Pandora is going to be huge in the coming weeks, I can combo into Pandora with both Alisa and Jin for an average of 500 damage without gems.

YouDontKnowMe said on January 29, 2013 at 7:52 a.m.

FYI: The 12 character DLC for this game is on sale for the 360 (not sure about PS3) for 1200 points. Not a huge savings but $5 is $5.

handsofgod said on January 29, 2013 at 8:18 a.m.

Played like 10 games last night and overall it didn't feel a lot different but bare in mind I use ryu n ken which whom wasn't changed that much the biggest and newest factor is pandora, most decent players on my friend list do not use abc combos unless its situational so that change didn't seem that big when playing them. Blocked dp into safe tag has gone right out the window lol which is probably the biggest change so far for me. And a few new combos for my muscle memory to learn but overall if you've played this game right from the get go then the changes ain't drastic barring pandora being much easier to land and confirm. But it is different and within a few months things will be overall better for this title. Damage and recoverable health work well now and with the roll nerf and the throw buffs it has made the game more interesting. I have yet to see weaker characters really shine but it's early days.

handsofgod said on January 29, 2013 at 8:40 a.m.

I think these changes will hurt noobs the most there were things in the game which could be abused, safe abc block strings, rolls, and silly frames for certain moves. Most of that stuff has gone throws are huge now lol and with pandora in use it will definitely put the noobs in an uncomfortable place. If you suck at the game and wanna learn check out jibbos entry video for some solid information search jibbo on eventhubs and you should find it
God bless

skyrimer said on January 29, 2013 at 8:58 a.m.

@108 @109 I agree with your thoughts and with the newbie treatment. It's obvious Capcom wanted to lower the entry barrier with SFXT at first, but now many 15.000 bp newbies that got used to ABC poking over and over must be crying out loud now, as it should be.

Halos said on January 29, 2013 at 9:04 a.m.

just played my 1st 20 match and its ok, personally i think it was better before. in the 1st round of my 1st match i won by time out while rushing my opponent down with rufus and then he won the next 2 rounds by time out? (note: he did have 3 health gems but still i thought there werent many time outs anymore) even with normal grabs taking away recoverable health it seems the damage nerf on some of the cast it feels like they just re-balanced the game out to how it was before where every match runs down to the last second. also for all the people who complained about hugo just to let ya know he is almost completely useless and unusable due to the range nerf on cr.lk, frame nerf on lk-mk boost combo, body splash hitbox and active frame nerf, damage nerf, and frame nerf on block. it seems like the only thing he can do now is mash out SPD when getting pressured because his pressure game was taken away, he just seems like a straight up grappler now who has a hard time landing the 1st hit of the combo and keeping up the pressure because of the frame nerfs on block stun.

handsofgod said on January 29, 2013 at 9:08 a.m.

@sky lool I'm not gonna lie I was taking on low and mid rank b players and picking random select and I would win most times and that would be basic character knowledge and using abc pokes lol smh I gotta admit tho it was bloody fun for me loool but I think those days are over, have to circle the roster and learn pokes and frames in more depth now... Damn lol

Halos said on January 29, 2013 at 9:10 a.m.

the buffs to guy look great i maybe picking him up, off to the training room for me to test out some of these new combo.

BigFleccs said on January 29, 2013 at 9:12 a.m.

Ill try this new patch in a week or so, if i don't hear too much bad news about the patch.

BlackReaper201 said on January 29, 2013 at 9:27 a.m.

I don't think it's really that good. Obviously it's a huge improvement from vanilla but there are better games out there. Online is just horrible too. Might be one of the worst netcodes I've ever played on. Overall I give this update about a 5/10.

handsofgod said on January 29, 2013 at 9:44 a.m.

Eventhubs you lot need to make a iPhone app this website on my phone is a bloody myth

SeriphAngel said on January 29, 2013 at 9:51 a.m.

Chun-li's nerfs were unnecessary. She already did not do damage, and her combo game has been lowered even further. Could have at least made her hanzanshu hit overhead and her spinning bird kick keep its amount of hits, since you lowered her Kikoken pressure to nothing more than a taunt with the ridiculous damage decrease and did not really improve her poke game making her even more unsafe...

Necreon said on January 29, 2013 at 9:56 a.m.

Meanwhile on PC...
1.06 but online is still broken and unplayable
1.06 but we still can't use any of the new colors
1.06 but we still can't use any of the new character

Just sayin...

handsofgod said on January 29, 2013 at 10:13 a.m.

@blackr my online connection is actually really good I'm in the UK where abouts are you if you don't mind me asking... But yeah if your connection is bad then any game is u playable so I'm sorry to hear that, but as for the game and update I feel it's very very good... If you like sf4 with a little twist and a bunch of new chars to learn then this will be right up your street.
I predict this game to be up there with the likes of sf4 and mvc3 within a year or so the community seems to really be backing it which will help expose the game for what it can do.
So far since release I have second guess a load of things and slowly it's all coming in to place. I remember when this game seemed like it was gonna die and I told everyone around me just wait capcom rushed it but with the power of online updates that will change too much money and time was invested in this title for it not to do well and now with pros onit it can only get better... I hope lol

handsofgod said on January 29, 2013 at 10:19 a.m.

@necreon
I feel your pain, pc sucks for that the only thing I would suggest is to have both console and pc I have friends that have both so updates are still fresh

handsofgod said on January 29, 2013 at 10:21 a.m.

Eventhubs my bad I was using the google app smh but still you lot should make an app lol

Necreon said on January 29, 2013 at 10:23 a.m.

@handsofgod
PC doesn't "sucks", CAPCOM sucks.

Darcias89 said on January 29, 2013 at 10:28 a.m.

Well i don't see the download in the new system tools on the game do i need to go through the market place outside of the game instead of starting up the game first and downloading it?

Eye_of_Orochi said on January 29, 2013 at 10:46 a.m.

If people are still running away and both players have good defense, there will STILL be timeouts. I don't get why this is so hard to understand...the game has a timer so that the matches can't go on even longer past the timeout mark. Can you imagine playing a keepaway/zoning team with infinite time? You would be annoyed/bored to tears.

It's not the game anymore, it's the PLAYERS causing timeouts. It's obvious who really wasn't ready or didn't care to give this game a real second chance, giving up less than 24 hours later and not letting the patch develop AT ALL. Good lord.

DivinePhoenix69 said on January 29, 2013 at 10:47 a.m.

@Darcias89 the patch should automatically install once you boot up the game, you dont need to download it seperately.

RespectSenseiRay said on January 29, 2013 at 11:10 a.m.

............PC?

*cries*

masang said on January 29, 2013 at noon

@124 Eye_of_Orochi,

you're speaking to the spoiled FGC, entitled to everything just because. "giving up less than 24 hours later" is actually pretty good for these people who want sequels not even a year later, and have very little acceptance and understanding.

Darcias89 said on January 29, 2013 at 12:01 p.m.

@DivinePhoenix69
Ah ok, i might just have to try downloading it later since it hasn't installed for me just yet

genocide_cutter said on January 29, 2013 at 12:15 p.m.

I love everyone is so excited about the new Street fighter X Tekken patch when in two weeks you'll go right back to hating the game.

YouDontKnowMe said on January 29, 2013 at 12:36 p.m.

I love how passionate some people are about whether someone else likes or dislikes this game. If you like the game then awesome, keep playing and supporting it. If not, find something that you do like. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you have to try and ruin it for everyone.

DDNPhaze said on January 29, 2013 at 12:43 p.m.

they ruined balrog once again thank u capcom

Eye_of_Orochi said on January 29, 2013 at 1:18 p.m.

@ 127

True that...

@ 131

How so?! Most people are saying they like his changes. Unless you are playing this game for the first time, in which you should know that Balrog was never that good in the first place and the patch only helped him out a little. But that is better than nothing or getting nerfed for no reason. From what I remember, his biggest nerfs were to meter gain and ABCs but that was universal.

The characters have to change from game to game or the meta game would stagnate, and someone has to be low-tier, my sincere condolences that is was your favorite character. That's just the way it is. He isn't so terrible that a character loyalist can't make him work.

RedRapperSux said on January 29, 2013 at 1:23 p.m.

@77 I wasn't going to reply to you, cause I am not a troll. Hell, if you are referring to my name. I was ready to donate to Skullgirls if RedRapper were to freestyle last night on Fanatiqs stream for the Breast Cancer cause. But besides that, there is a filter on this website. What is the point of having the filter if it isn't filtering what I want filtered out? Thus the Illuminati joke. I understand SFxT has a new version. Cool. But don't force feed it to people. Especially when they have it filtered out.

ShiroKuma said on January 29, 2013 at 1:59 p.m.

The game is definitely better now but it's still too little too late for me.

Plus "pay to win" is still offensive, having a gem that's identical to a free gem in every respect minus a flaw because I paid for it is an insult.

flungdungfar said on January 29, 2013 at 2:09 p.m.

games fun before and after patch. if you don't like the game don't play it lol.

BlazinKoolBreez said on January 29, 2013 at 2:31 p.m.

LMFAO @1
Guess its time to take a look

Darcias89 said on January 29, 2013 at 7:13 p.m.

So what if the update doesn't pop up when you start the game...

Darcias89 said on January 29, 2013 at 8:17 p.m.

Edit: Well *facepalm* it's already downloaded lols!

RedRapperSux said on January 29, 2013 at 8:21 p.m.

Just got some clarification from SFlip. If the story is considered a "Top Story" it automatically bypasses your filter. If anybody else wondered why their filter was "acting up", well that is it. Thanks again for clarifying.

DDNPhaze said on January 29, 2013 at 9:37 p.m.

Been playing balrog since the beginning balrog was alway good in my opinion because of his jab pressure but now once again like in ae they prevent him from hitting crouching opponents with standing jab you guys might say thats minor but that was a big part of my game

sgloomy said on January 29, 2013 at 10:14 p.m.

Could someone let me know if I'm just imagining it or is the online lag just extremely horrible. Played for 3 hours tonight, met only one other person who had 4 bars and every match was at least a little laggy, but at its worst, there were times where I hit the other person, it showed half the animation and then in the middle it switched to them being in block stance. The game itself is pretty fun but for a game that is not in arcades, it should have a WAY better net code. this whole frame skipping crap isn't working. before anyone says maybe its my connection, I assure you its not. I have an excellent connection in every other fighting game I play online

rewuyiusdbf said on January 30, 2013 at 3:52 a.m.

Load more comments