Posted by SFilp • January 29, 2013 at 8 a.m. PST
Updated: Now available on Xbox 360, Street Fighter X Tekken v2013 released on PlayStation Network Updated: The Street Fighter X Tekken v2013 patch is now available for download on Xbox 360.

The Street Fighter X Tekken v2013 patch is now available for download on the PlayStation Network. This is the game's patch 1.08 and when you launch the game you should be prompted to download the 28 MB file.

We have compiled all of the patch notes and the Capcom-Unity videos, into three separate pages to make things easier for the readers. Below are the links to each page, these can also be found on our Street Fighter X Tekken index page.

As we've seen in the past, the PlayStation Network typically gets updates the day before they are released on the Xbox Live Marketplace.

Tip sent in by NathanStathan, XxTigerheartxX, Astro_Notch, jaysenedwinward, DivinePhoenix69 and danny2times.

Comments

Bluur said on January 28, 2013 at 5:15 p.m.

Poop Fighter X Doodoo Version 2 has begun. Will the game finally be good? Lets find out.

paralyzing said on January 28, 2013 at 5:16 p.m.

and here we go...

VileEighty said on January 28, 2013 at 5:17 p.m.

The age of the Phoenix has begun!

(Paul)

jaysenedwinward said on January 28, 2013 at 5:18 p.m.

Yea its pretty good so far. Thanks for the tip credit

GakoTheChef said on January 28, 2013 at 5:21 p.m.

Downloading this now! My penis is very hard right now

Astro_Notch said on January 28, 2013 at 5:25 p.m.

Thanks for the tip credit, even though I was late. Gonna have fun in training all night.

MarvinVelasco12 said on January 28, 2013 at 5:29 p.m.

nice, i'm gonna downloaded it as soon as i get home.

Doopliss said on January 28, 2013 at 5:31 p.m.

And I was just going to sleep. It's 2:30 AM here. Great ;_;

NDRL said on January 28, 2013 at 5:34 p.m.

Finally, time to upgrade away from Sleep Fighter x Tekken a Nap

maxs2d2ace said on January 28, 2013 at 5:34 p.m.

still no discount on Locked characters? Still don't give a FK.

iMTopTier said on January 28, 2013 at 5:35 p.m.

StarGalaxy777 said on January 28, 2013 at 5:39 p.m.

Now wondering how to learn the game (new to it)

jhayze said on January 28, 2013 at 5:43 p.m.

LMFAO im getting a lot of challenges from those salty players against my cody hahahahahahahahaha

TioClone said on January 28, 2013 at 5:44 p.m.

Oh, that's right, Capcom was trying to please Sony with this game, not Microsoft, hence why we have to wait. Kappa

DivinePhoenix69 said on January 28, 2013 at 5:46 p.m.

Thanks for the tip credit Sflip, glad to see the patch is live and a day early aswell;).

Darkcloud said on January 28, 2013 at 5:46 p.m.

They got rid of Kazuya's DORIYAH!

I'm so mad right now.

edrigo said on January 28, 2013 at 5:49 p.m.

I don't hate this game but i can't bring myself to buy it. Watching sf x tekken streams didn't help either and i don't want to pay for the characters i could just get a really good dlc extension on another non fighting game/ maybe special sparring for vf.

doublef said on January 28, 2013 at 5:55 p.m.

so... is everyone just pretending to be excited for this because like 3 top players are supporting it?

Kalyx_triaD said on January 28, 2013 at 6:03 p.m.

#15:

A whole 24hrs noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Why does Capcom love Sony so much?! Ahhhhhhh?

...Oh wait this happens a lot? It's a technical thing? Wow. I should really look into things before I something silly on the internet.

Anyway I'm stoked for tomorrow and I can care less if top players like it. My favorite fighting game is getting better. Yay and stuff.

Crondizzle said on January 28, 2013 at 6:05 p.m.

Crazcar said on January 28, 2013 at 6:08 p.m.

Huh, PSN is usually updated on Tuesday at noon but this came out early, nice. Still have to wait for a new PS3, but in the meantime I can see what people think of the update. Disregarding people like #1 'n' #21, of course.

illness690 said on January 28, 2013 at 6:10 p.m.

Gnickwoxel said on January 28, 2013 at 6:12 p.m.

My first match ended in a time over

RebornOdin said on January 28, 2013 at 6:13 p.m.

Except it doesn't, dimwit. They fixed pretty much everything that was bad about SFxT.

-Abuseable boost combos? Gone
-Time outs? Gone
-Pandora not being useful? Gone

Among others.

AkumaMishima said on January 28, 2013 at 6:14 p.m.

"i want to know why people hate this game so much really.....a good answer please"

God Tier troll hook, 10 out-a 10.

URAlsr said on January 28, 2013 at 6:18 p.m.

Zentsurugi said on January 28, 2013 at 6:27 p.m.

You looked at his profile too? lol

AngrySteve said on January 28, 2013 at 6:32 p.m.

Got in a few matches and only one time out. Love the tone down on the gems. Haven't tested to many characters but so far Im loving it.

lazyking09 said on January 28, 2013 at 6:32 p.m.

been playing it and i can say that this game is headed in the right direction .. so far i havent had any timeouts out of about 50 matches everything feels new.. i can see this game is going to have a bright future!

Wulfsten said on January 28, 2013 at 6:33 p.m.

SFxT 2013! LESS GO!

This is going to be a good year.

JiCi said on January 28, 2013 at 6:35 p.m.

Ok... NOW can we get new characters and stages for this game?!?

Still waiting for Miguel and Zafina y'know >:(

TheTHCGamer said on January 28, 2013 at 6:38 p.m.

@23 Quite being a console fanboy everyone will get the patch soon (kids).

htownboss23 said on January 28, 2013 at 6:39 p.m.

DEVIL JIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EVIL RYU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
time for them to come on to the game

Grimmjow_J said on January 28, 2013 at 6:40 p.m.

Don't be a noob and go straight to Ranked match without even checking your characters new update. Remember practices makes pros!

aubergine said on January 28, 2013 at 6:42 p.m.

Maybe once the game becomes more popular/profitable they might add more features (even characters). I am happy with all of the changes generally, although I don't agree with a few random changes they did to some members of the cast.

Hopefully people now really dig into their specific characters and do more intricate combos, instead of ABC launch. They changed a lot of the frame data, so I'm sure we'll sure a lot more links!

FightDirty said on January 28, 2013 at 6:43 p.m.

Not bad. Definitely a "game changing" patch. Cross Arts are VERY damaging now. Still don't see much use with Pandora; but way too early to count it out. Will take some time to get used to the new gameplay. Love that the characters aren't constantly glowing - that was very distracting. The beta version is over, time for the real deal.

lazyking09 said on January 28, 2013 at 6:45 p.m.

well said Wulfsten game plays faster feels good feels new...glad it can be a contender now in regards to being on the list as a damn good game!! HYPED!!

Nago said on January 28, 2013 at 7:01 p.m.

@#19

Or maybe people that weren't satisfied with their $60 purchase are excited to be getting something that they might actually enjoy playing? Crazy, right?

Dblock209 said on January 28, 2013 at 7:02 p.m.

So.. I pressed start at the character select screen on accident....

anthonygamer said on January 28, 2013 at 7:10 p.m.

Arturo just got a time over in ranked. Time overs are gone eh? LOL ResidentSleeper

TioClone said on January 28, 2013 at 7:10 p.m.

#20:

Since you're going to call me out for my humor (or lack thereof, despite me supporting a game I paid for full price plus DLC plus gems), I'm going to call you out for the total of zero tournaments you've been to, when I've been to three, and won one. Maybe you should make some attempt to understand what I'm trying to say, before you arrogantly and ignorantly judge someone trying to support the community.

Kalyx_triaD, I better play you online or in a tournament some day for the amount of **** you talk in these comments.

See you in SFxT 2013. #ComeAtMeBro

Crondizzle said on January 28, 2013 at 7:19 p.m.

Kalyx_triaD said on January 28, 2013 at 7:20 p.m.

I'll have you know I got to top four in a prestigious local Gamestop MvC3 launch tourny. I just couldn't overcome hour one shenanigans.

*crosses arms*

roknin said on January 28, 2013 at 7:30 p.m.

@"anthonygamer" - "Arturo just got a time over in ranked. Time overs are gone eh?"

Actually he got quite a few. Buuuuuuuut he plays Dhalsim and plays pretty lame (in a very good way, I enjoy his work). That's... not really a shock.

Rising_Jaguar said on January 28, 2013 at 7:34 p.m.

did anyone's sound change? or just mine...
game feels so fast now!

MaverickHunterX said on January 28, 2013 at 7:37 p.m.

If you want zero timeouts, then remove the clock and we're done.

illness690 said on January 28, 2013 at 7:41 p.m.

Strider_Hien said on January 28, 2013 at 7:41 p.m.

@15 The same could be said about SNK and XBOX.

I want NGBC and Garou on PSN DAMMIT! ;_;

chipndip said on January 28, 2013 at 7:42 p.m.

Crondizzle: Bashes SF X TKN. Mains DoA 5. Troll face or kappa face?

suicidali said on January 28, 2013 at 7:43 p.m.

Just had a quick session on v2013, since it's like 3:30am here and I have work to go to...
I agree with people saying that the game feels a little faster, and not just due to the launcher change, overall it feels different somehow.
My main team also feels brand new, as they both have new ways to kick butt. Still getting used to their new anti-air normals, and rolls being throwable, but that will come in time.
Am I the only one that liked the health bar shake? It seems a bit plain now to me, but oh well.
I hope this patch will be the new lease of life this game deserves. Forget all the negativity that has come before and give it a shot, you might be pleasantly surprised.

aubergine said on January 28, 2013 at 7:44 p.m.

@48 How have you been punishing rolls? By throws or some sort of setup? I like the sound of this patch!

Kalyx_triaD said on January 28, 2013 at 7:44 p.m.

#47:

Online, though?

xanderglz said on January 28, 2013 at 7:51 p.m.

MaverickHunterX said on January 28, 2013 at 7:53 p.m.

If you're asking about removing the timer in online matches, there is the timer option in the ranked match/endless lobby filter menu. However, you'll only meet players who also selected that options.

It's just annoying that some people would unabashedly complain about timeouts in a game which uses a timer.

L said on January 28, 2013 at 7:54 p.m.

I gave it a few hours. Fun game, but online still feels like hell, so I guess I'm done again.

Viridian said on January 28, 2013 at 7:56 p.m.

Tempted to finally give this game a shot even though I'm still disappointed with the DLC character situation.

lazyking09 said on January 28, 2013 at 7:56 p.m.

i dont see the camera zoom in anymore xanderglz im not sure what ur referring to but on my end its no more zoom no more pause just quick and launch ......

aubergine said on January 28, 2013 at 7:59 p.m.

@58 He means RAW launchers (HP+HK) instead of boost combo'd launcher. I kind of agree with @54... I wish Capcom removed the zoom in for that completely but I guess raw launchers don't happen too often enough they left it in for style/effect.

MaverickHunterX said on January 28, 2013 at 8:05 p.m.

Does a move like cr.mk xx launcher counts as raw?

aubergine said on January 28, 2013 at 8:08 p.m.

@60 No it doesn't. I just tried it out - seems like nothing can be in front of the launcher, so you just have to do it straight up.

theshredder39 said on January 28, 2013 at 8:08 p.m.

Wow #1's comment is the most immature thing I've seen on the internet in a long time.

BlankaBeast said on January 28, 2013 at 8:09 p.m.

GET HYPE!!!!

2013!!!

illness690 said on January 28, 2013 at 8:11 p.m.

Rising_Jaguar said on January 28, 2013 at 8:13 p.m.

so where is this double hit on asuka's f.lk...

MaverickHunterX said on January 28, 2013 at 8:15 p.m.

@aubergine

Thanks for the answer. :)

icejohn said on January 28, 2013 at 8:19 p.m.

The game still feeling pretty meh and repetitive.
40 match of nothing but abc into launcher and tech grabs.

lots and lots of tech grabs now...

Kalyx_triaD said on January 28, 2013 at 8:22 p.m.

TioClone PM:

"You playing 2013? You do talk a lot of sh*t in comments to people, I hope you know that.

Whenever you're ready to play online or at a tournament, message me. If you're never ready to play me, then don't message me.

Simple choice, simple resolution."

Kalyx triaD RE:

"I have no idea where you're getting the sh*t talking thing. I don't even post regularly anymore, unless you remember when I did - in which case I don't remember talking sh*t even then.

I won't even ask you to cite these sh*t talking posts, or even ask why you think fighting me in-game is a "resolution"...

But I will face you! I'll indulge your dude-bro power fantasies AND get experience fighting a 'tourny guy' in the patch before my FT7 challenge against a friend. Let's rock."

I have a request for this community: Can someone host this series as a spectator as I can spar with Clone for a bit, and upload some matches on YT?

SAOTOME2U said on January 28, 2013 at 8:29 p.m.

...I wanna like this game; I mean, I really do. Haven't played it since like May, but I'm gonna give it another fair shot, but I agree with icejohn, something (even though I'm just in training mode to remind myself stuff) just makes it feel kinda meh. Watching the exhibition at SCR2013 made it look great, but I'm clearly missing something.

...regardless, I will try again.

cliffeside said on January 28, 2013 at 8:42 p.m.

sony always wins baby! sony always wins... sadly i own the XBL copy so i have to wait. oh well. back to DMC.

yoshisixtyfour said on January 28, 2013 at 8:55 p.m.

The game is better but it allows for a lot of marvel BS. Worth a shot to try.

DivinePhoenix69 said on January 28, 2013 at 9:38 p.m.

Did they fix the netcode? Im liking it so far but the game's netcode was sooo terrible previously, and its not my connection either cause im wired lol.

Dragonite said on January 28, 2013 at 9:42 p.m.

The game is only $20 now. If you're still bitching about the DLC characters, you don't have a clue what good value is.

Smorgasboard said on January 28, 2013 at 9:45 p.m.

If you do a lot of ABC launcher, then you are going to have a lot of red life. If you have a lot of red life, throws becomes very powerful. If both of you are focused on getting throws, there will be more throws and throw techs.

Try going for combos that don't generate a lot of red life or frame traps to punish throws.

RedRapperSux said on January 28, 2013 at 10:40 p.m.

Dat Illuminati bypassing my SFxT filter.

tekkablade12 said on January 28, 2013 at 11:20 p.m.

My combos feels a little off in training n especially online. Highly recommend practicing the new timing n new frame changes

chipndip said on January 28, 2013 at 11:41 p.m.

RedRapper: Troll beyond reason.

Others: Give it a fair shot. Don't just go in, fail, and say "it sucks, whatevs". There's a decent amount of exploring that's yet to be done in this game. A very decent amount. Plus it lacks a ton of the vortexes and unblockables that plague SSFIV. It's worth looking into, but don't expect to be styling on people on day one.

Also, give the community time to shed the old "ABC all day ereday" metagame.

Crondizzle said on January 28, 2013 at 11:44 p.m.

Crondizzle said on January 28, 2013 at 11:47 p.m.

Snipeclips said on January 29, 2013 at 12:01 a.m.

Still don't think the game is fast paced, more like an upgrade to what it already was instead of something completely different. I welcome the changes though and Bob and Duke are still so damn good.

Dragonite said on January 29, 2013 at 12:18 a.m.

@78- Right, and you know it's a "pile" without ever having played it to begin with? Get real. If everyone talked like that about any other game, you'd say the exact same thing regardless if it was good or not.

Lol @ the bandwagon force.

Rising_Jaguar said on January 29, 2013 at 12:36 a.m.

don't know about other jin players but that 'little' recovery
on jin's fly kick required change to timing like crazy!
recovery takes sooo long now!! can't get in a medium hit anymore,
gotta start with a light to medium.

aubergine said on January 29, 2013 at 12:42 a.m.

Played for a bit and the game seems too similar.... even though ABC combos were "nerfed" people still start them out with several light punches/kicks, so it they go into launchers their regular old way anyway. Throws are obviously miles better, but they should have increased the range. I don't know how I feel about the update....

Deyrax said on January 29, 2013 at 12:51 a.m.

When does it hit PC ?

anthonygamer said on January 29, 2013 at 12:59 a.m.

It comes out for PC next year

NoizyChild said on January 29, 2013 at 1:11 a.m.

Patch is now up for 360.

Chenda_Sheen said on January 29, 2013 at 1:26 a.m.

I'll have to wait til Friday to play... Night classes... Hopefully, lobbies are more active then the first go around... It was next to impossible to get a match going.

gtfopanda said on January 29, 2013 at 1:51 a.m.

Wait, why is there a banner in the home page?

I hope EH will do this for the future fighting games too and not just for whatever game Capcom is trying to shove down our throats.

mai_k_4_life said on January 29, 2013 at 2:09 a.m.

To the LAW players, LAW's monkey flip kick got a juggle decrease, so you cannot ABC tag LAW in and do cr.HP xx flip kick, cr.HP xx back half circle punch

Game is great btw, the toning down of red health is making me concious about re-tagging a recovering character.

DynaDASH said on January 29, 2013 at 2:09 a.m.

It was -just- released for the Xbox Live Marketplace as well.

TRNBardock10 said on January 29, 2013 at 2:34 a.m.

Im still abit mad about the ibuki nerfs lol. I felt they were random as hell. O well im jus glad my other girls got buffs. ELENA x ASUKA :)

NoizyChild said on January 29, 2013 at 2:38 a.m.

PAUL. IS. A. DAMN. BEAST!

Seriously, don't let him hit you.

Tectondrio said on January 29, 2013 at 2:56 a.m.

@92- Preach. Had a few matches with a friend of mine (mains Paul); anytime he got a hit in...Jeeeeeezus!

Definitely liking the changes in the game; gonna take more time to explore it through in the lab/sparring.

erwuuiosdf said on January 29, 2013 at 3:16 a.m.

skyrimer said on January 29, 2013 at 3:43 a.m.

I haven't played much myself, but I have been watching some streams a lot and wow, does this game looks a lot better now, great job ayano san! Almost no time outs, no stupid jab pressure, abc combos are used as they should, to punish stupid whiffs and after low hit confirms mostly, roll throws change all oki in this game, and even though I have doubts I like the throw punishing red life. It's looking great and it's only day one, I can't wait to see more Pandora combos.

sukurin said on January 29, 2013 at 4:06 a.m.

Ah, if only they fix the lame music. Btw I'm willing to pay if they add SSF 4 music as DLC.

JdotSweapA said on January 29, 2013 at 4:48 a.m.

*Sigh*
I just can't what to do with this game :/

Partinaire said on January 29, 2013 at 5:24 a.m.

#19 dude, shut the f--k up.

Aqua said on January 29, 2013 at 5:53 a.m.

PC patch will come out in 2 years, rebranded as v2015

:<

kirbykirbykirby said on January 29, 2013 at 5:57 a.m.

@dragonite $20 isn't bad for a new game but how is paying for locked content a good value? Free is a good value

DivinePhoenix69 said on January 29, 2013 at 6:02 a.m.

The BP glitch still exists apparently. The other player just disconnected at the versus screen, causing me to be sent back to the main menu. I lost at least 200 points because of this -___-.

That aside i like the changes to the cast so far, but i think i need to play it some more in order to fully judge the game. Out of like 9-10 matches ive had atleast 3 time outs, which isnt bad tbh.

Load more comments