PR Balrog looking to play Dudley and Guy in Street Fighter X Tekken 2013, Ricky Ortiz lists the top 5 characters in SSF4 AE v2012

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • January 28, 2013 at 9:23 a.m. PST
Mike Ross conducted a couple of IPL interviews with two of the Evil Geniuses team members, PR Balrog and Ricky Ortiz at SoCal Regionals 2013. First up, PR Balrog talks a bit about how his Fei Long has been progressing, tips on how to switch mains this late in a game's life span and more.

Rog mentions he is looking to play Dudley and Guy in Street Fighter X Tekken 2013 because he hears they are quite strong in this iteration of the game.

After the jump, you can check out Ricky's interview as he lists who he thinks are the top 5 characters in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012, his opinion on Rufus' ability to win major tournaments and more.

Hit the jump for more.

Comments

logic_boi said on January 28, 2013 at 9:27 a.m.

Cammy, Akuma, Fei, Seth, and Adon.

Vigilante_8 said on January 28, 2013 at 9:40 a.m.

Wait, when was IPL?

NoizyChild said on January 28, 2013 at 9:41 a.m.

Didn't Dudley get nerfed a little?

Mochawhitey said on January 28, 2013 at 9:50 a.m.

@ 3. Yeah just a little, but I am excited to continue playing Dudley. Love playing him in SSF4, and I look forward to continuing that in this game. 1 more day!

samuraix025 said on January 28, 2013 at 9:50 a.m.

I was thinking of switching cody for dudley. I see its not a bad idea lol

TwoCoins said on January 28, 2013 at 9:58 a.m.

Noizy I'll respond to you legitimately this one time without an argument. Dudley remains the same but got buffs many ways...sure normals damagewise got nerfed, as did across the board, while health regen slow now, this helps Dudley with those damaging combos keeping the pressure up on people who switch out to regain health. the dart shot got nerfed by a -4 frame and is still hard to punish.

With that said, we'll discuss the factors that buff Dudley, we go with the common ones rolling thunder is now more reliable on hit, cross counter now hits more commonly. short swing blow dodges mid/high attack this is a good thing although probably situational. More options the better.

Now for the real factors. With grabbing doing true damage and removing grey health with Dudley godlike walk speed he will be a force. With rolls being free to oki with no reversal now you gotta fear a roll which also helps Dudley's standard high low game. Along with high rocket upper he can now maximize on combos even better now. Corners will be scary for anyone caught. Seems like Dudley got buffed mostly due to the overall change in the mechanics of the game.

Mexican_Guy said on January 28, 2013 at 10 a.m.

I'll be sticking to my "American Nijnja" team Guy/Raven wearing Strider colors

VulcanHades said on January 28, 2013 at 10:07 a.m.

Adon is now considered top 5? That's hella interesting. I remember back when people thought he was mid tier at best lol. I guess Gamerbee happened.

SFxT 2013 is gonna be awesome. I can't wait to see PR Balrog/Fei? play as Guy/Dudley. :p

GakoTheChef said on January 28, 2013 at 10:09 a.m.

Ricky so godlike!
ONE MORE DAY GUYS!!! ONE MORE DAY!!!!!

FoxHound24 said on January 28, 2013 at 10:17 a.m.

PR Balrog is soo freaking awesome!!!! I love his playstyle in every game. I love how he sometimes uses underused characters in UMVC3 and kicks ass with them! He is a pure Puertorican as am I! And I know he'll never give up, I really hope he wins EVO. :D

Ps: PR Balrog! You should come to Comic-con over here in PR. Would love for you to see how the community over here play!!

cliffeside said on January 28, 2013 at 10:22 a.m.

dud x guy is my team! the system changes and guy's buffs are what's gonna make it a stronger team. duds walkspeed really takes advantage of rolls being throw punishable now and guy getting better juggle combos boosts the damage output by a bit.

his nerfs were pretty much applied universally so it's not like he's the only one suffering.

NoizyChild said on January 28, 2013 at 10:26 a.m.

Thank you. You're much better when you're being civil.

Now then, should I stick with Dudley/Balrog, or should I switch?

thegoldencat said on January 28, 2013 at 10:40 a.m.

Mike is actually a really good interviewer.

BlankaBeast said on January 28, 2013 at 10:41 a.m.

@4, 8, and 9

Agree its gonna be awesome 2013 1 more day guys!!

illness690 said on January 28, 2013 at 10:41 a.m.

TwoCoins said on January 28, 2013 at 10:43 a.m.

Noizy - Stay with Dudley/Rog they are much stronger this version.

wBENDERw said on January 28, 2013 at 10:47 a.m.

Rog is stronger from the faq, everybody can no longer focus his dash punches.

i've been using rog and akuma

that teams allot of fun

Deyrax said on January 28, 2013 at 10:47 a.m.

Seth top 5, see him winning majors everytime , oh wait.

rakuko said on January 28, 2013 at 10:54 a.m.

i remember Rog saying just yesterday that he had no idea how to play Dudley. oh Rog....

DivinePhoenix69 said on January 28, 2013 at 10:56 a.m.

Interesting interviews from both PR Rog and Ricky. Been a fan of Ricky's back since the CvS2 days. Though i still dislike SfxT im still more than willing to give it another shot come tomorrow. Im debating on whether to stick with my Vanilla team of Hwo/Sakura or replacing Sakura with either Asuka, Guy, or Alisa. Any tips/suggestions?

GoldenTrophy said on January 28, 2013 at 11:06 a.m.

I agree with the top 5 Ricky mentioned just that I would have Viper in it as opposed to Adon.

RawVoltage said on January 28, 2013 at 11:11 a.m.

Lol, the events haven't happened yet. Mike Ross just did interviews on IPL's behalf.

Spaghetti_Time said on January 28, 2013 at 11:22 a.m.

As a Dudley player all I have to say is YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I can't wait to see what he pulls off!

GakoTheChef said on January 28, 2013 at 11:30 a.m.

@20 any of the characters you listed are good. You cant really go wrong with them in 2013. personally i would say for you to go with Alisa since she is a much more natural character to play with compared to Asuka. Guy on the other hand is awesome, especially if you play him in SF4

Undead_Hayabusa said on January 28, 2013 at 11:34 a.m.

I main Dudley in AE,never played Cross Tekken that Often,btw Mike Ross Interviewing skills are so GDLK,keep up the good work bro

DevilMaySpy said on January 28, 2013 at 11:34 a.m.

@8: Adon's been considered top tier in Japan for about a year now: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/fe...

As usual, the rest of the world is late to hop on the train.

flairinmike said on January 28, 2013 at 11:35 a.m.

@20 pick up guy. Outside of his elbow drop having an ass air to air hit box he's just amazing

DevilMaySpy said on January 28, 2013 at 11:44 a.m.

@ DivinePhoenix: You should stick with Sakura. Not sure if you saw the changes, but she got some nice buffs. I was afraid she'd be nerfed because she was so good in the beta test.

lukecage83 said on January 28, 2013 at 11:50 a.m.

I haven't been keeping up with any SFxT news, as I think the game is trash - but I'm willing to give 2013 a shot (hopefully it'll be better, and I'll change my mind about the game) - does any one know if it's a free update, or will it cost mullah?

RebornOdin said on January 28, 2013 at 11:53 a.m.

If you're too ignorant to just search on YouTube "Street Fighter x Tekken v2013 trailer", then there's no hope for you. Figuratively.

DevilMaySpy said on January 28, 2013 at 12:03 p.m.

Update is free Luke Cage.

Donald_K_Bahls said on January 28, 2013 at 12:18 p.m.

Ibuki is better than Adon.

roknin said on January 28, 2013 at 12:39 p.m.

LOL @ PR Bal/Fei?. Good interviews.

@lukecage - update is free, so go ahead and give it another go. :-)

Mr2Good said on January 28, 2013 at 1:14 p.m.

I was planning to play to Dudley in SfxT as already main in SSIV AE 2012. Well at least nobody plays in Dudley in AE.

deadman1313666 said on January 28, 2013 at 1:17 p.m.

anybody have a link to the list of changes for every character? i want to know what changes have been made to steve fox and dudley. dudley for life man such an awesome character. keeping it classy in 2013!!

Existent said on January 28, 2013 at 1:31 p.m.

It doesn't have an "ass" hitbox, it has a nonexistent hitbox.

MonkeyCha0s said on January 28, 2013 at 1:34 p.m.

@#19 Rakuko
i dont understand how that matters or deserves an "Oh Rog..." hes going to give Dudley a shot in the new SFxT and hes going to learn him from scratch just like a lot of other people will. i might be missing something but if not, i really dont see the point of your comment.

lukecage83 said on January 28, 2013 at 4:03 p.m.

Or, you could've just answered the simple question
Like the guys above, instead of trying to insult me
Because I dissed your favorite videogame - you MAN lovin'
Biatch! Good day...

SgtKonus said on January 28, 2013 at 5:16 p.m.

Who is else is dumb enough to play Paul and Ibuki like me?

erwuuiosdf said on January 29, 2013 at 3:15 a.m.

MetalxHealthx said on January 29, 2013 at 3:52 p.m.

interesting... I always said I might go in on SFxT when/if Dudley came out and was decent but after hearing he wasn't that great I lost interest... but now with this balance patch I might have to check it out again.

jaihen1979 said on January 29, 2013 at 3:57 p.m.

Ortiz is wearing a Murse (Man Purse) >_>