Limited edition Skullgirls poster being sold to raise money for charity - $20,000 raised for EVO, breast cancer

Posted by SFilp • January 25, 2013 at 3:48 p.m. PST
The guys over at Sanshee are selling a limited edition Skullgirls poster that half of the proceeds are going to help raise money for breast cancer research to help get Skullgirls to Evolution 2013.

Each poster is $10, and half of that will be donated. This poster was designed by Lab Zero's graphic designer and UI artist, Brady Hartel and will only be available for under until 11 p.m. on January 31, 2013.

For more information check out Sanshee's store.

Click image for larger version

Additionally, after the jump you can check out an archived stream from last night's donation drive for Skullgirls which raised their base amount of donated money to over $20,000. This features some good gameplay along with some of the game's voice actresses playing Story Mode.

Via the official Skullgirls Facebook.

Comments

BUYACUSHUN said on January 25, 2013 at 3:52 p.m.

woooowww just realized it is Filia with the rest of the cast in her hair. Stared at the damn thing for like 3 minutes.

Anyways cool thing to do because of all the positives but they probably should've made more than one design.

Marsh said on January 25, 2013 at 3:58 p.m.
Gpop said on January 25, 2013 at 4:12 p.m.

I like this idea. I wholly approve and will do my best to support.

revolvingsun said on January 25, 2013 at 4:46 p.m.

HooliganComboFTW said on January 25, 2013 at 4:56 p.m.

Bought. The Donation Drive last night was incredible with the VA cast and Kyle showing up and well worth raising from 6K to 20K

LordProsper said on January 25, 2013 at 4:59 p.m.

I'll donate $200 to get revolvingsun banned since all he ever does is whine like a 5 year old on every news story no matter what it's about.

revolvingsun said on January 25, 2013 at 5:01 p.m.

JesseRobles said on January 25, 2013 at 5:28 p.m.

I really love what these guys are doing. Well deserved support.

urbanlime said on January 25, 2013 at 5:43 p.m.

Although I have strong support for a Smash game to make it to EVO, the poster looks sick, and it's for a good cause, so why not?

BumblebeeCody said on January 25, 2013 at 6:02 p.m.

Love the poster!

Dark_Obliske said on January 25, 2013 at 6:24 p.m.

@7 give up...coloring books troll harder

100thMonkey said on January 25, 2013 at 6:35 p.m.

I would prefer Skullgirls then Smash, smash is cool and suppose technically some form of fighting game, just it would be more entertaining for me to watch skullgirls

GokaiGreen said on January 25, 2013 at 6:41 p.m.

HooliganComboFTW said on January 25, 2013 at 7:05 p.m.

Brilliant summary lol

BunnyBoy said on January 25, 2013 at 7:16 p.m.

@4 Yes, you can. Simply donate to one or more of the other games that Skullgirls is competing with.

Echo01 said on January 25, 2013 at 7:29 p.m.

Very surprised to see Skullgirls' donation amount skyrocket that fast, but I am equally just as happy for it. I love me some Melee, but SG could definitely do with the exposure EVO would bring.

Gpop said on January 25, 2013 at 7:32 p.m.

@4 if this goes on his salt will be enough to eat my fries with.

ButterKnife said on January 25, 2013 at 7:47 p.m.

It would be nice if they could extend the charity to the individual character posters. They're the same price and I kind of want that Ms. Fortune one...

Jookey said on January 25, 2013 at 7:52 p.m.

@4 YO DAT EDGY

Crazcar said on January 25, 2013 at 8:16 p.m.

Might pick one up to support a good game, plus, having this game at Evo would be a return in investment for them. Smash already had its "Evo" with APEX anyways.

blaize09 said on January 26, 2013 at 12:13 a.m.

Bought. Easy decision.

khweiuhiuhsdf said on January 26, 2013 at 3:22 a.m.

Celyot said on January 26, 2013 at 5:43 a.m.

Wish I could get one without the text.

V3N0MB1T3 said on January 26, 2013 at 5:58 a.m.

Props to SG for showing some initiative on this one and pulling out all stops like these charity streams, and poster swag auctions to raise money for breast cancer AND get their game into evo. If they make it they really deserve it. Aside from the melee community running streams and asking their fellow smashers to help match what they raise no other game in the running has really gone out of their way to prove why their game should be at evo. Its coming down to these two and no other games deserve it more.

ithachi1 said on January 26, 2013 at 8:48 a.m.

I don't care what anyone says Smash should be there period and I'm not a smash player but when you have the most votes and that community donated to a charity you hosting I think it's only right to return the favor and have them at EVO. I just think its messed up that the game have the most vote and not be included that's not fair.

Rocwing said on January 26, 2013 at 9:48 a.m.

I wonder whats going to happen when they finally cure breast cancer?

Batmang said on January 26, 2013 at 10:41 a.m.

I wouldn't mind seeing Melee at Evo, but I'm kinda glad that SG is winning. Smash had its fair share of Evos. Skullgirls may not even get another chance.

HooliganComboFTW said on January 26, 2013 at 11:11 a.m.

Because votes can be manipulated? They pretty much stated this the first day of the donation drive. They only wanted to do votes to eliminate games that failed to reach the 500 vote milestone . Putting your $ where your mouth is a greater show of community passion. Only Melee and SG really stepped up to the plate on this. In all honesty at this point might as well include both games as main stage. Both of them racked up the majority of donations $

KB said on January 26, 2013 at 6:43 p.m.

*sigh* Except to this day, people still don't see Melee as a fighting game, even though it has proved itself many times in the past that it was. Smash joined Evo before it got big. The community has been keeping the game alive for more than a decade now. It feels like crap to support a game that you love for so long, get thrown in the gutter by the FGC, and lose what quite possibly be the last chance Melee can stand out. SG has plenty more chances, I just want Melee to finally make a statement.

danistheman said on January 27, 2013 at 6:58 p.m.

You win the internet.