1.06 patch for Street Fighter X Tekken PC available now on Steam

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • January 25, 2013 at 10:21 a.m. PST
1.06 patch for Street Fighter X Tekken PC available now on Steam Several readers mentioned that the 1.06 patch for the PC release of Street Fighter X Tekken is out now on Steam. It added a handful of new gems along with the 12 DLC characters, but the new fighters are not selectable, yet.

Capcom's Christian Svensson had previously said that the DLC fighters wouldn't be free on the PC, but they had hoped to have some "interesting news" on that front in the future.

Reports state that the patch is 811.7 megabytes in size, and that an option to purchase the DLC characters should be made available in the near future.

Submitted by The Angry Assassin, Necreon, l BowerTower l, ChipsLight, FigD and Kawalorn.

Comments

revolvingsun said on January 25, 2013 at 10:23 a.m.

Miniabel said on January 25, 2013 at 10:25 a.m.

.....One year for V.2013?...

DangerOnTheRanger said on January 25, 2013 at 10:29 a.m.

If I recall correctly, the fact that it's taken this long to get the patch out is not Capcom's fault, but Microsoft's, for their long patch review process.

bcyde said on January 25, 2013 at 10:33 a.m.

Seeing conflicting reports on SRK about the TP issues in multi. Hopefully it's improved a bit.

gluemchen said on January 25, 2013 at 10:46 a.m.

WOW SERIOUSLY? Now that 2013 is coming out next week. WE GET 1.06 NOW. YOU F***IN KIDDING ME? THIS IS UTTER DISRESPECT.

Kawalorn said on January 25, 2013 at 10:47 a.m.

#3 Let's just say that if it wasn't for Microsoft the patch would be out somewhere in middle of December.

#4 I had 2 matches. First was a fullbar and it worked perfectly and second was a 2 bar and at times it was teleporty BUT my internet connection is acting up lately, so I can't be sure if it's the netcode or my fault.

BlankaBeast said on January 25, 2013 at 10:50 a.m.

Bout frickin time.

Already looking forward to the console reviews on 2013, from what I can tell just from gameplay thought and reading they did a great job on it overall with the tweaks, everyone got leveled out much like SF4 2012.

mogar44 said on January 25, 2013 at 10:54 a.m.

Blaming MS for delays on the patches is utter bs and as for the netcode on the PC it would be a very quick fix but cashcom are not interested in spending a bit of money to figure it out, RIP SFXT PC you died the day you launched.

BlankaBeast said on January 25, 2013 at 10:55 a.m.

Another note, I am glad the DLC was included on disc for XBOX so you dont have to sit through a 800MB plus download(not to mention use your console HD space up on it).

Why everyone whined about that convenience I still cannot fully understand.

On disc means not needing your space and no download time.

BlankaBeast said on January 25, 2013 at 10:58 a.m.

Does anyone know anyplace to find FRAME DATA on the NEW characters?

Thanks!

Gailim said on January 25, 2013 at 11:06 a.m.

Blanka, I just finished the DL. it took me 15 minutes

everyone was pissed at the characters being on disk because it means they were finished at the same time all the other characters were and Capcom made a naked ploy to take part of the game they finished before the game went gold and gate them off to charge extra for them.

nobody was mad about convenience or lack thereof

Syrous_Starr said on January 25, 2013 at 11:11 a.m.

@5 it's not like they can release it in the past.

Necreon said on January 25, 2013 at 11:14 a.m.

Am I the only one who still can't play it online because of the terrible and never changing teleport lags? Isn't 1.06 is the patch that supposed to fix this? Or any of the patches before 1.06?

RebornOdin said on January 25, 2013 at 11:37 a.m.

I'd love if the 1.08 (v2013) patch came out for PCs within a month of consoles, but I know that's never going to happen.

Can't really blame Steam though, Microsoft has such an archaic Q/A process for patches that it's not surprising it takes forever and a half.

gtfopanda said on January 25, 2013 at 12:05 p.m.

@ #13

Online is abysmal and Capcom won't acknowledge it.

People reported things still weren't working after the worthless first patch, and since then nothing happened.

@ #14

Within a month it's impossible, they said it's 2 months at best.

And you can see how long it took for 1.06 to drop (half a year).

@ #9

Still nuthugging big time I see.

800 mb is nothing for today's HDDs and connections, try harder.

@ #3

No, that has nothing to do with Microsoft - rather, it was Capcom's internal stuff.

As long as you bring M$ the cold cash they're gonna release it in a timely (long, but not half a year long) manner.

Be sure that if it was Microsoft's fault Capcom would've been super quick to point fingers, after all the SFxT backlash.

Kara101 said on January 25, 2013 at 12:48 p.m.

@1 you made my day, lol.

Crazcar said on January 25, 2013 at 1:08 p.m.

The patch, if I remember correctly, has been available for about a month or so, you just wouldn't be able to get online. Even then, just this patch took a really long time. Can't imagine ver.2013 would take less then 2 months, and that may be generous. >.>

Phynx said on January 25, 2013 at 1:34 p.m.

I believe I've said it a number of times before, it's a PC specific bug with the netcode that Capcom won't fix because they're not allowed to change it from the consoles version.

Necreon said on January 25, 2013 at 1:43 p.m.

Sorry to let you down but most of us are not following specifically your posts everywhere. Good to know anyway.

Kawalorn said on January 25, 2013 at 1:52 p.m.

#8 I think that the fact that the patch was on Live servers since half of december and anyone could download it from there with the right link but we had to wait until Microsoft makes it go "Live" until we can use it online show pretty well that the over month-long of this delay was Microsofts fault... Naturaly the rest is Capcoms fault.

Cinderkin said on January 25, 2013 at 1:59 p.m.

This is so sad for PC users. I would hate Capcom if I didn't own a console and this was the only version I could play.

DoomGuy86 said on January 25, 2013 at 2:54 p.m.

Now available on GFWL too. The new colors and gems can be selected, but I cann't download them, I get a download error. Does anyone happen the same?

Chryo said on January 25, 2013 at 3:19 p.m.

Downloading this right now, can't log in to Dark Souls or any other GFWL game while waiting.

That's good design right there, yessir.

Luigizzor said on January 25, 2013 at 3:48 p.m.

#22 I kinda have the same problem...

MaverickHunterX said on January 25, 2013 at 6:35 p.m.

I keep on getting kicked from GFWL even though I have already opened the ports. D:

Ansatsuken said on January 25, 2013 at 7:23 p.m.

@22 @24
Here too. Both in-game and via Marketplace it says "can't install item". A great job from Microsoft and Capcom, taking half a year to release these DLCs and they're buggy...

Phynx said on January 25, 2013 at 8:34 p.m.

It's not that I expect people to read everything I say. In nearly every news post about the PC version of the game someone asks when the netcode will be fixed, and thus every time it's answered "it won't be."

Sure enough, next time someone asks again and receives the same answer, again.

Luigizzor said on January 26, 2013 at 2:12 a.m.

Btw, does anyone has the following problem?: Ive got a MCZ TE Soul edition, while my friend has the MCZ SFXT stick and the PC version names them both ingame MCZ FIGHTSTICK TE, so we cant configure them since the stick kinda overlap each other... Anyone know how to solve this problem?

khweiuhiuhsdf said on January 26, 2013 at 3:23 a.m.

Ansatsuken said on January 28, 2013 at 10:58 a.m.

Actually, only the patch itself was made available for Steam. Nothing was even mentioned about the DLCs.

Ansatsuken said on January 28, 2013 at 9:40 p.m.

Sorry for the double post, but I must say...
Guys, DON'T ever try to buy the characters DLC pack. It's just as bugged as the free color and gem packs, and supposedly the GFWL crew is unable to fix this.