The Injustice: Gods Among Us Battle Edition arcade stick made by PDP

Posted by SFilp • January 23, 2013 at 2:57 p.m. PST
GameZone did a quick little post about the Injustice: Gods Among Us arcade stick that comes with the Battle Edition of the game.

While they don't have the exact specs, they take a look at the image and compare it with the previous PDP arcade stick.

The creator of the Injustice fight stick is Performance Designed Products (PDP). This company’s history brings me back to the Mortal Kombat fight stick which came in a similar package when it released in 2011. This makes sense to me since both games are published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and developed by NetherRealm Studios. The logic here must be to stick with the company you know (horrible pun).

While I don’t have any of the specs on the stick itself, I remember the Mortal Kombat stick was very, very American in design. The thought process was that Mortal Kombat is an American franchise so it deserves an American style fight stick. If this sort of logic continues, the Injustice stick would also be American in design. From the picture of the stick it does appear to have the big bat stick and concave buttons… so there you go.

Check out the full article over on GameZone's website.

Click images for larger versions

Comments

zUkUu said on January 23, 2013 at 2:59 p.m.

WTF Battop? O_O

BumblebeeCody said on January 23, 2013 at 3:02 p.m.

Nice of them to label which part was the game otherwise I would've been mindfugged for the rest of the week.
Also, do those buttons light up?

h1tm0nl33 said on January 23, 2013 at 3:05 p.m.

Well Looks like I'm buying the SE

revolvingsun said on January 23, 2013 at 3:10 p.m.

IAMSKINJA said on January 23, 2013 at 3:13 p.m.

How are other sticks made by PDP? If they're any good I might get this

BluePepsi said on January 23, 2013 at 3:16 p.m.

PDP = Piece of Dog Poo.

Their products suck.

newtypeseed said on January 23, 2013 at 3:20 p.m.

People said that about Madcatz before the TE came out.

BestAlgorithm said on January 23, 2013 at 3:21 p.m.

@zUkUu

You get it? A Bat(man) top?!

BluePepsi said on January 23, 2013 at 3:24 p.m.

@newtypeseed

Yeah but PDP flaunted their actuator-based pad as well as other crap and it was horrible. By your logic, we should ignore every prior release of anything ever.

Captain_Dips3t said on January 23, 2013 at 3:25 p.m.

HooliganComboFTW said on January 23, 2013 at 4 p.m.

So, Go America?

E_rye said on January 23, 2013 at 4:07 p.m.

I am not going anywhere near this stick. I have been burned enough times by PDP products.

Amerika said on January 23, 2013 at 4:14 p.m.

The MK stick was not loved. However, this one probably will be as popular as the last one as this game will most likely be picked up by tons and tons of people who will play the game for a week and then never again (much like MK).

Reifoftheast said on January 23, 2013 at 8:02 p.m.

It a american company and this is an american game figure it out.

Razberryclownsac said on January 23, 2013 at 9:28 p.m.

I haven't heard much about the controls other than they're gong to hold back to block, but does anyone know about the attack buttons? I notice this stick has 8 buttons. Are they going to use 3 kicks and punches?

iMTopTier said on January 24, 2013 at 2:30 a.m.

i wanted to get it but after reading what you guys said i changed my mind lol

#15 it is a game like MK not SF so think again
will they put a MK game with 6 buttons? no and the game has a similar button config to UMvC3......light medium heavy special......the stick has 8 buttons so you can use it with other games

iouetoisdfo said on January 24, 2013 at 4:08 a.m.

Razberryclownsac said on January 24, 2013 at 5:03 p.m.

I get its not SF, but I was just wondering since they're got the 8 button layout and didn't know anything about the controls.

sarahlaura566 said on January 24, 2013 at 6:29 p.m.

SoraTehGoon said on January 24, 2013 at 7:57 p.m.

Just Swap the Stick and the Buttons with Sanwa/Seimitsu Parts, add a 8 way gate and we are on our way to seeing a beautiful Stick with an outright fantastic design on the top.

AdonVega said on January 31, 2013 at 8:27 a.m.

My thoughts exactly #20! And if these are in fact LED buttons and stick there are a crap load of options. If the buttons suck, im pretty sure seimitsu and sanwa can pick up the slack. Cool as f@ck design, I don't understand the hate, but who understands the hate shown by forums anyways. I'm personally going to buy the shet outta this, see you all in April!

A1Spinn said on March 10, 2013 at 11:14 p.m.

the joystick looks more like a korean style ball top than a american style

ArkticDark said on April 16, 2013 at 7:26 a.m.

The stick is working well for me so far. Way better than any cheap SF4, MvC stick I bought in the past. I liked PDP 6button PS3 controller for SF and SFxT and they have been great. So I only have great things to say about PDP. I love the clicking noise of the stick so I know every input is read. So far stick is good.

ArkticDark said on April 16, 2013 at 7:29 a.m.

Oh and the buttons are very sensitive and press easily and have not stuck yet. I have been up since midnight playing Injustice lol. Yes they light up blue.

Jacicus said on April 20, 2013 at 11:28 p.m.

I just ordered Injustice: GAU Battle Edition today, and it should ship to my house by Tuesday. My hopes in buying this were that A: I'd get Injustice and B: I'd have a decent, cheap, entry level fightstick. My plans for this fightstick are to (before getting too used to its stock components) purchase the same Sanwa stick and buttons that are on the Eightarc Fusion Synthesis. As this will be my first fightstick, I feel as though that this will be a good investment after I upgrade the $90 stick. Let me know what you think. Do you think this is a bad use of my money, or could this be beneficial?

Posthuman15 said on April 28, 2013 at 6:22 a.m.

So Im guessing is an 8way not 4way stick?