Will Zeppeli, Jonathan Joestar and Johnny Joestar confirmed for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle

Posted by Nate 'Nyoro' Young • January 19, 2013 at 7:11 a.m. PST
Today V Jump Magazine (a magazine about video games based on manga, printed in Japan) displayed a character reveal for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle in its pages. This one reveals Will Zeppeli and Jonathan Joestar from Part 1 of the series along with Johnny Joestar from Part 7.

This notches the playable character count in this game to 18 characters.

Will Zeppeli and Jonathan Joestar do not use stands like most of the other fighters do. Rather, they rely on the initial power given in the series titled the Ripple, which is essentially a ki-based martial art. Johnny Joestar has a stand titled Tusk which allows him to fire his fingernails(!) like bullets. This particular fingernail-based power becomes more and more strange as the series goes on which allows Johnny to control time and space by hyper-rotating his fingernail shots.

Submitted by SoulBroRyu, kennancampbell, MajorPug, okamiking and AndoGar.

Comments

mozart0341 said on January 19, 2013 at 7:18 a.m.

Cant wait for this game,The characters are so nuts.

OSM said on January 19, 2013 at 7:24 a.m.

All of my hype.

Misei said on January 19, 2013 at 7:27 a.m.

ahhh ye

Timic83 said on January 19, 2013 at 7:27 a.m.

i saw "all stars battle" and immediately was dissapointed

Omega94x said on January 19, 2013 at 7:52 a.m.

Even if as a joke character, I'd love to see Speedwagon get in the game

BunnyBoy said on January 19, 2013 at 7:59 a.m.

I remember the Zoom Punch, but I don't remember it giving them Dhalsim-length super stretchy arms. O_o

TehTy said on January 19, 2013 at 8:03 a.m.

I'm curious how Johnny will play. To anyone who doesn't know, he's crippled from his legs down, so I'm not sure if he'll only use his horse, or just crawl around.

Torrie_De_Goddess said on January 19, 2013 at 8:09 a.m.

Has this been confirmed to have an NTSCUC release?

SoulBroRyu said on January 19, 2013 at 8:14 a.m.

Wow. I submitted this to you guys two days ago, and you paid it no mind, complete with an image. Damn.

LeonX said on January 19, 2013 at 8:17 a.m.

Speedwagon and Phantom Blood's Dio NOW!!!

M1Punk said on January 19, 2013 at 8:53 a.m.

Why haven't I heard much about this game? Is it coming out for consoles? If so, is there a release date? Is Capcom developing it?

Calahad said on January 19, 2013 at 8:59 a.m.

I CANNOT FREAKIN WAIT FOR THIS. I LOVE THE MANGA, and this...this... IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE! Any release date?

CrimzonWolf777 said on January 19, 2013 at 9:11 a.m.

Of course Will, Jonathan, and Johnny get confirmed...I mean, it's a given. Day 1 buy right here

era said on January 19, 2013 at 10:41 a.m.

this games gonna be awesome

Vawned said on January 19, 2013 at 10:46 a.m.

@11 Because you don't use Eventhubs as much as you should. The game is being made by Namco Bandai in Japan and it will be a PS3 only.

CheeseCakez said on January 19, 2013 at 10:57 a.m.

Yes Gohan... Yes...

SoulBroRyu said on January 19, 2013 at 12:26 p.m.

Thanks for the shoutout and hyperlinking to my podcast. Stay pimp, Eventhubs!

Kenshiro said on January 19, 2013 at 12:47 p.m.

Epic game is Epic.

Doopliss said on January 19, 2013 at 1:30 p.m.

Can't wait for this trailer. Hopefully we get a release date soon as well.

Draga said on January 19, 2013 at 3:51 p.m.

Now we need Stroheim and his NAZI SCIEEENCE!

M1Punk said on January 19, 2013 at 6:08 p.m.

@15 So not only will it fail in the tournament scene because it's a Namco fighter, but it's a console exclusive as well? Yeah I'm done here...

Doopliss said on January 19, 2013 at 7:27 p.m.

Lol @ this gaming having a tournament scene. Doesn't mean you can't play it.

M1Punk said on January 19, 2013 at 8:09 p.m.

@22 True, so why don't you go along and play some Playstation All Stars...

Pfffff... aaahahahaha!

Doopliss said on January 19, 2013 at 9 p.m.

@23: I have barely played it yet, so I will. Maybe you should go play SSBB instead, I hear it has a scene.

M1Punk said on January 19, 2013 at 9:17 p.m.

@24 Oh hell yeah! Apex 2013 was godlike. And Nintendo didn't even have to pay the tournament organizers money in order to force their game on the public. Can't say the same for PS AS.

Doopliss said on January 20, 2013 at 4:40 a.m.

Wait, so you approve of SSBB, but not PSASBR? I'm confused. PSASBR is more of a fighter than SSBB is, honestly.

M1Punk said on January 20, 2013 at 10:22 a.m.

@26 (all trolling aside)I don't think any of them can be played competitively to be honest, but I would approve SSB over PSAR.

PSAR is just boring to watch, any strategy or defensive play isn't rewarded, it's chaotic and doesn't even have a health system.

Doopliss said on January 20, 2013 at 12:50 p.m.

I've never watched matches of PSASBR, only combo videos, so I'll have to take your word for it.

WanganRunnerS30 said on January 22, 2013 at 8:33 p.m.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is the best dang manga series (imo) out there! I doubt it'll see the light of day in the US because of all of the music references & the fact that Hirohiko ArakI (the author of the manga) dislikes changing names to accommodate any releases outside japan or europe. I hope it gets a north american release though... Joseph Joestar is my boy! Where is koichi & his eachoes? Where is ACDC & Cars? Dang it! Too many JoJo characters to choose from! & Josuke's alternate universe counterpart from part 8 Jojolion? Time will tell

ScarletTerror said on January 23, 2013 at 8:54 a.m.

At WanganRunnerS30, JJBA is a really good Japanese comic! I really wish VIZ would release the other parts in English, probably digitally if they would ever. Until then, fan translations. Not the best way to support the series, but hopefully we get a US/International English release of this game. Thus that will create interest. The animated series too.

ScarletTerror said on January 23, 2013 at 9:01 a.m.

Also I want more villains in this game! Such as Funny Valentine, Enricco Pucci, Diavolo, and Kars! Still they really need to change the names ever so slightly.

WanganRunnerS30 said on January 24, 2013 at 1:02 a.m.

True, true! I would love for JJBA to make it to north america but they would have to convince araki if they can change the names slightly. But he's a harda**! Lol! Yes, more villians becuase we already have 7 jojos in here! I think the anime will have a us debut before the manga. I hope that they don't tone down any of the violence or make it any less 'bizarre'