Darkstalkers Resurrection moves list and character strategies for Jon Talbain and Felicia

Posted by Catalyst
January 17, 2013 at 8:11 a.m. PST
If you're pumped about the release of Darkstalkers Resurrection and want to know a bit more about the game's characters and strategies you should utilize, IGN is doing a series on the title to help new players to this franchise learn the ropes. Below you'll find breakdowns on Jon Talbain and Felicia, hit the jump to see everything.

Submitted by frequent contributor USAtlas.

Comments

Vigilante_8 said on January 17, 2013 at 8:19 a.m.

I hope this doesn't flop and we recieve a Darkstalkers 4 announcement at the end of the year.

revolvingsun said on January 17, 2013 at 8:30 a.m.

UncleBibby said on January 17, 2013 at 8:35 a.m.

I love darkstalkers!

Victor is the best!

Butt-grabs!!!

Kenshiro said on January 17, 2013 at 8:38 a.m.

People still think this game selling well is contingent to getting a brand new game?

lol

OSM said on January 17, 2013 at 8:42 a.m.

dat Tower of Arrogance theme

Tensa said on January 17, 2013 at 8:56 a.m.

pretty sure this well sell as well as the other hd ports I know a lot of casuals who never played darkstalkers but wants to because of morrigan, this game will be dropped by most people within a week only the hardcore will stay just like every other HD port

SnakeX said on January 17, 2013 at 9:03 a.m.

Somewhat basic, but these vids will offer a simple refresher-course for those of us that haven't touched DS in ages.

It's being made to gauge interest. Were you not paying attention when it was announced, or are you just being an arbitrary troll?

You're an idiot lol

Cammystrike said on January 17, 2013 at 9:11 a.m.

Can't wait to do war with the Jon Talbain army, that will be day one online.

roknin said on January 17, 2013 at 9:34 a.m.

Looking good thus far. :-) Been a minute since I've played, so I'll at least give it a go when it comes out.

Chrisuchiwa said on January 17, 2013 at 10:12 a.m.

I only love Darkstalkers! That is the best game anti-scrubs. Better learn the game deeply, no X-factor (even if I like the idea), no Ultra, no random win and a good fast game.

Chrisuchiwa said on January 17, 2013 at 10:17 a.m.

Even if the game isn't that in America (lots of people on Dustloop still play it though), We will play vs the huge Darstalkers community from Japan.

flairinmike said on January 17, 2013 at 11:48 a.m.

@4 my thoughts exactly. DS4 is coming and probably well under way by now. This is just capcom nickel and diming for a quick rehash. Already bought just about every iteration of this game. Love it, but don't need it again.

mozart0341 said on January 17, 2013 at 2:19 p.m.

I love Talbin/Gallon, if you want play this game know you characters normals its a very heavy footies game.

Batsu said on January 17, 2013 at 2:27 p.m.

I like how this port is shaping up. As much as I hate playing against Talbain, a Kung Fu were-wolf is as Bad-A$$ a character as you can get.

icejohn said on January 17, 2013 at 3:38 p.m.

The coolest blue werewolf who ever lived,next to sonic...
Psych!

FlynnChop said on January 17, 2013 at 3:45 p.m.

If I were capcom and this flopped, I'd definitely consider changing direction on any in-progress Darkstalkers projects. This isn't the time in the industry to be taking crazy risks on resurrecting old franchizes.

Everyone is bleeding. Gotta make money to stay afloat.

jadeguy said on January 17, 2013 at 4:19 p.m.

This game should not be rated T, It should be Rated M

bunny said on January 17, 2013 at 4:36 p.m.

great for ds fans me im not buying these games again

mozart0341 said on January 17, 2013 at 9:33 p.m.

@18 I hear you, im buying it again to play friends that I used to in high school. Were all grown up a lot of us don't live close to each other any more and we have wives,kids and careers so this is perfect for us old timers (30 sum-things) to still show who's boss( though we know it's the wives).

Razberryclownsac said on January 17, 2013 at 10:03 p.m.

I'm really interested in trying. I think I may have played ine of the DS games a long time ago, but never really had the chance to enjoy them

MarthFE said on January 18, 2013 at 1:24 a.m.

You can't compare an hd version of an old ass 2d sprite based fighter to a new improved game even if it is the same series. People have been asking for a new darkstalkers forever now... And people want a new one, not an old one. Capcom knows this... THIS is building hype/teasing/milking. Whether this flops or not isn't likely to determine a new game's fate. I'd think they're working on it already and it will be ready in less than a year.

Kenshiro said on January 18, 2013 at 1:39 p.m.

And you're a douchebag. Keep fellating Capcom as if you buying up their old titles depend on them coming up with new games. It's ass-hats like you in which they make bank from.

EnglishKidChin said on February 16, 2013 at 4:48 a.m.

1. The modern day video game industry is only concerned with the bottom line. Every game is a "business model" in an over saturated market where fps wear the crown.
2. Think of this Re-hash like advertising.... Eventually the recognition of the brand will most likely get you to purchase the next gen reboot, which we can expect.
3. Capcom= business first, fans/fun second.
@21, well said!