ACE E I RI N's Guile faces off against ProudStrawberry's Gouken in a first to five set - Super Street Fighter 4 AE v2012

Posted by SFilp • January 17, 2013 at 3:22 p.m. PST
YogaFlame24 has posted a Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 first to five set. This set features ACE E I RI N, one of Japan's best Guile players facing off against ProudStrawberry, one of Japan's best Gouken players.

Comments

Existent said on January 17, 2013 at 3:26 p.m.

What is it about this matchup that makes it so popular? I guess some players like seeing someone throw fireballs at a more ridiculous rate than Guile.

MrPFloyd said on January 17, 2013 at 3:38 p.m.

Its all spacing oriented, and fun to watch if you know whats going on.

samuraix025 said on January 17, 2013 at 4:14 p.m.

this was a ace highlight reel

RiyuRimururu said on January 17, 2013 at 4:18 p.m.

I love ACE's guile. I still a semi-pro with him. Need to learn more from Dieminion and him. Good sets.

HiryuMK said on January 17, 2013 at 5:04 p.m.

Wow, didn't expect ACE to come out of this looking strong since I know Proudstrawberry is a solid Gouken.

And I think the match up is in Gouken's favor vs. Guile?

revolvingsun said on January 17, 2013 at 5:06 p.m.

learis1 said on January 17, 2013 at 5:07 p.m.

Wow, this guy's Gouken absolutely sucks at this matchup. Look at infiltration's Gouken vs Guile to see how free this matchup is supposed to be.

Cinderkin said on January 17, 2013 at 5:20 p.m.

This is like night and day to the way Infiltration vs Dieminion went.

Existent said on January 17, 2013 at 6:25 p.m.

It's not free by any means, Infiltration makes it look easy because of who he is.

Aluppoj said on January 17, 2013 at 8:25 p.m.

Agree totally.

keroberus2 said on January 18, 2013 at 1:09 a.m.

@7 That's like saying how Infiltration at Evo took down Daigo easily, that because of that, the matchup between Akuma is 'free'. lolno.

llSilkCutll said on January 18, 2013 at 2:47 a.m.

ACE E I RI N is an incredible Guile player, I love watching his style much more aggressive than Dieminion. Both are masters with Guile and I really appreciate watching that as I use Guile sometimes and realise how hard some of that stuff with Guile is.

What I would love to see one day is a FT10 between ACE E I RI N (Guile) Vs Dieminion (Guile). Will it ever happen, I hope so one day.

djm0001 said on January 18, 2013 at 8:20 a.m.

@ 12 - What I'd love to see more than that, is a FT5/10 with ACE E I RI N (Guile) vs. PlayerX (anybody really ) and then Dieminion (Guile) vs. PlayerX. It'd be interesting to see them face the same opponent, rather than each other, just to see how they approach the matchup differently and how the opponent plays it differently. I find mirror matches to be somewhat boring to watch personally, and the mirror match in general is such a specific matchup for each and every character.

HiryuMK said on January 18, 2013 at 1:02 p.m.

@13 I agree, when I saw OnlineTony vs. Poongko, its was pretty boring and very disappointing.

angelanancy409 said on January 20, 2013 at 7:16 a.m.